(2012/05) May 2012

lauren u make me laugh hard! my undies i coloured sometimes i see durnoe have or not also worried so do a wipe check. but i will make a mental note to skip the dotted undies :p

eh i thought baby is in lower ab, so its in the belly ah?

Hey ladies, I"M BACK!!!! lol..

I rmb we cannot take raw food right... How about those half boiled eggs?

Cuz jus now when i was eating dinner, we had this hot plate noodles and it comes with those half cooked egg in the hot plates.. Den i totally forgot about it.. I had mine... Then BH dun wanna wat his, so i ate his TOO!!! OMG!!! I dunno wats going to happen lo... RAW FOOD!!!

After eating then i realised.. Then my tummy felt about strange.. Like turning upside down.. Very uncomfortable.. Not sure if it my paranoid... haiz...

But is it ok to take half boiled eggs?

Beebeemer, where did get yours? Haha. I'm quite kiasu, previously went to the borders sale and bought 3 books on pre conception and pregnancy too.

Vanilla, eat liao don't think abt it.. else u will feel very cham.. may be ur MS is starting? Had fun in Port Dickson?

Lauren, ur polka dots panties had me in stitches! so hilarious!!!

gd to read books.. first time mommies can get What to Expect books.. very very gd, esp the one for baby's first year.
http://www.whattoexpect.com/what-to-expect/landing-page.aspx

I having diarrhea.. confirm.. have purged 3x since 8pm. i almost pooped in my own pants.. thought i was gonna fart but felt like something gonna come out instead.. ran to the loo and everything came out was watery.. strangely my tummy does not hurt.. aft my first bout, i felt so much better. Nausea like disappeared immed!! i think must be the built up of gas inside.. the bad news is i can still feel my intestines rumbling.. sigh..

Babytots, that's gd news.. take care!

Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:19 pm:       
Vanilla, yea, eat Liao then don't think about it. This morning I had scrambled eggs and the middle is a little watery too, I just don't think about it. Not like it's all the time that you eat it. (;

Baby tots, great to hear that. Rest more!

Piggywiggy, I heard about the what to expect books too. Hmm, I think it's time for me to pay a visit to the bookstore again.

I hv a 17 tablets of duphaston 10mg to let go cheaply, expiring June 2015, as my baby has just been delivered. PM me if interested.

Good morn MTBs!
happy.gif

Babytots - great to hear that. Do take care and rest lots!
happy.gif

Vanilla - no worries about the eggs now... but it's true i read that we are to avoid raw eggs ... but no worries k, you should be fine
happy.gif

Raine - hmm, can i ask when you went to get the books from borders? I went down a few days ago and there was nothing left on pregnancy... haha, only thing left were mags, and i bought a couple
happy.gif

Good morn rosegal! U wake up so early too ah?

Vanilla - yeap i also heard better not. but since u already eaten, then dont think about it. beanie so small still shouldnt get affected. I also eat coconut and salmon just one small bite because i was craving for that.

Wa last night my headache so bad and felt so nausea no matter how much hubby sayang also cant sleep. until i ate a kiwi sour sour! =( haiz somemore traveling for biz next week. jialat!

dear all.. my pinky discharge is no worry.. i called the gynae office and the nurse told me that usually gynae is not worried abt this. unless its red blood coupled with ab pains. so i guess its ok.. i will still stick to my appt on tues... =)

me was flu-y for the last 2 days.. hence MIA.. saw a normal gp and she gave me preg-safe flu medicine. but i only took it once.. jus to be on the safe side. and drank lots of water and sleep.. hence the MIA...

as for eggs, i still do eat the soft eggs.. is it ok? well, its not so raw lah.. but inside still abit soft.. shd be ok hor?

zara: hope u are feeling better now. maybe drink more barley etc?

your eggs sounds like my smoked salmon dilemma.. raw but not so raw. but i still think dont over indulge ba.

yip: yah... drink barley will help? not too cooling ah? i keep having the blocked nose until nw... urgh..

haha.. and u're right abt the 'raw yet not so raw' since its been cooked in a away.. i keep forgetting.. and my MIL cooked dinner for the last few days for me and she cooked sunny side with the watery yolk too.. oops! but cant complain cos MIL usually dun wan to cook all the time but now she's cooking like 3 times a wk for me..

Re: Half Boiled Eggs,
haa.. Ya already eaten.. Hopefully its alright.. I read somewhere tat raw eggs are also included in the cannot eat list... BUT BUT BUT~~ The egg yolk is so tempting lo.. AIYO!!! Imagine e egg yolk mix with e noodles or rice.. haa... SHIOK!!!!

Think i'll hate those pple who eat those watery egg yolk infront of me.. lol...

Waiting for my scan this coming wednesday.. =D

Re:Salmon,
I heard its ok to eat salmon as long as its cooked, not those raw kind or smoked de.. I read it freom baby centre singapore leh.. Cuz i'm a fish lover.. I Love SALMON and COD fish!!!! *drooling*

Anyway, looks like we all wake up really early lo.. Its a saturday ar~~!!! lol.. Shouldn't we be in bed now?? haa.. BUt we jus woke up so early.. haa.. =D

Hey morning! Yep must try to avoid half boiled eggs, raw food plus even those cooked chilled food, blue cheese etc all cannot eat..

Mummies I highly recommend this book by Peter chew n other lactation pediatrician called first time parents for Asian mums, cos most of the other books are written for western markets plus it covers all the way from preg to taking care of newborns, labour to the bb growing up to toddlers!

Oh ya... Talking ab out cheese, wat is blue cheese? Those on the rack de cheese is ok rite? Like we go pout eat pasta or baked rice.. all those cheese are fine rite?

How much is the book?

I got 2 extra copies of that book, anyone wants let me know.

Think it's bit too early to get books to read on bb brain development right?

vanilla: i am awake becos i m working lor... =( i mc thurs n fri, also wake up quite early.. cos hungry.. and then slept at odd hours..

but i love the yolk with rice..!!! or in claypot noodles or even simply maggi!! yakun half boil egg set aso sounds good!! YUM!! but i will try to control lah.. hahaha..

luckily i dun really like exotic cheese... those chees in our pasta is ok.. blue cheese has this bluish thingy on it, like fungus like that.. jus avoid all the funny looking cheese...

Zara, ha... Ur work is 5 days or 5 1/2? Or cuz u mc den u ahve to go back work??

Ya la.. Woke up early lo.. e latest i can sleep till is like 10am and once in a blue moon...

YESH!!! AIYO!!! e yolk!!!! *DROOLING* esp with noodles la.. haaa... SIMPLY LOVE IT LO!!! YUMMY!!!!! Imagine, spoon full of yolk and put some noodles inside.. WAH~~!! *surrpp* SHIOK!!!

I suddenly remember that one the day I had my spotting, I ate 2 half boiled eggs in the morning. I'm not a half boiled egg fan but I dunno what got into me to just gulp it down.

Have not been able to sleep well the past few nights. And I woke up even earlier than usual today. Ended up, doing laundry and got hb to bring out the heavier ones for me before he left for work.

And remember I was saying I dont feel pregnant? Right from yesterday, I feel like throwing up. Dont even dare to look down or bend down, scare will throw up. The sight & smell of food make me feel like throwing up. No appetite at all though I can be very hungry. Preg is not fun hor. The preg was so different! I had beautify skin, thick & shiny hair. Now I look so unkempt and my hair have been dropping like nobody's biz. *sigh*

Good morning to all the early birds
happy.gif

I am gg to have Mac muffin supreme for bfast to start my day

Hope everyone have a great weekend ahead!!!

Re: Raw Salmon
I had 2 slices at sushi teh last night. Gynae advised is ok to eat

Vanilla, I got the book at $42 when they just launched.. Usual price I think is 45 now...suggest meetup to save postage cost..I only have 2 copies.

Yeah I was shocked yest to see myself in the mirror, looked so tired n pale..even my badly cracked lips are white..no idea wat is happening..now I'm at Tcm clinic waiting..

Can't stand my unkempt hair too, gg to salon for a cut n wash..

Good morning mummies .... Hope it a beautiful day for mi!!!
Re: barley!! Please do not take barley .. When I was ttcing my Tcm warn not to drink barley if I dun remember wrong cos he say bb will slip out!! Without u knowing...
Re egg yOlk ... Mi too I love those half boil egg but now I accidentally eat... I will go loo at nitez for waterly stool n grumbling stomach so I give up....

chloie, wah... i had 2 half boiled eggs too leh... But i love it always.. haa..

Ya.. i oso dun have e preggy feeling AT ALL!!! really.. Dunno if the bb is growing anot and whether is it in place anot!!! CUZ i haven seen anything YET!!! haiz...

babypom, WAH!!! SHIOK!!! BH still sleeping like a log lo... haiz....

Candy, I tried to google for tat book but cant find anything leh.. I wanna see wats e content.. Maybe i go outside see le den let u noe?? =D

Lyn, wah.. Barley is oso 1 of my fav drinks leh... lol...

EVERYBODY LOVE WATERY EGG YOLKS!! =D

VaNiLLa> Ermmmmm, actually I dont like egg yolks. Be it watery, fried, boiled, whatever. I will go all the way and dig out that egg yolk and just eat the egg white. But if it is scrambled egg, I wont mind. LOL!
SO SORRY FOR BEING SO ANTI-CLIMATIC ABOUT YOUR LOVE OF EGG YOLKS!!!!

vanila: i'm 5 1/2 day on alternate weeks.. not becos of my mc.. usually weekend i can sleep until 12noon.. ahhaha...*oink*

Chloie: aiyoh, take some sour plums..it helps to soothe the nausea feeling.. try to keep like medicated oil with u, give it a little sniff when u feel like throwing up..

bbpom: me too.. i had a mac muffin, nt the supremem one thou..! hehee.. actually sushi is ok IF they have frozen the fish before they cut and serve it...

Anyone know which after which week then it's safe for rebond & colour of our hair? The other time I did it around week 28. Then after doing it, went to another shop to trim some loose ends, the auntie say not good to during preg. How? Some preg ladies can look so pretty but I look so ........ *speechless* And chinese has this pantang that no manicures & pedicures at all. I want to be bo chup abit but I'm afraid that if anythg happen to my bb, I cant reverse the effect and only got myself to blame. And and, they say cant move or do anythg in our room right? I dont even dare to cut my nails! Wahahahahahahahahaha!

I think my neighbour is getting married today. The buffet spread is just right outside of my house and the smell of the curry or mee siam or laksa is flooding my house. Dont want to close my door cos very stuffy. I got to kept drinking water and look up to prevent the puke from coming up. I think I better go out!!!

Chloie, haa.. Its ok la... BUT curry mee siam!!! wah lao.. i hungry liao lo... lol...

Ya, i heard cant move anything jus in case e taishen is somewhere.. BUt i'll move if i had to.. Jus dun be in the room lo.. They say cannot take scissor but den again if working need oso like tat wat, but i thk is cannot take scissor when sitting at ur bed or something like tat.. Cut nail.. lol.. thruout e 9 months like tat no need to cut nails liao lo.. Later become e sadako liao lo.. LOL..

zara, oh.. i see... wah.. good la.. can sleep till noon... i used to sleep till late afternoon de but now i cant lo.. Totally cant...

Vanilla: I love barley too .... It has been 1 year plus since I last take barley drink n even Cheng teng and etc...

Hahaha I shall go book store later!! Hungry hungry ...

chloie: i dun dare to colour my hair.. my white hair is also bursting but i trying to control lor.. and i intend to buy those herbal ones and DIY urself.. i think this way is safer then gg thru the chemical..

i also did my mani/pedi 2 weeks ago cos i had d&d.. shd be ok ba, i even went with my mom.. its quite external.. but dun go during crowded times so u wun be able to smell too much of all the nail polish lor.. i did the gelish nails, with the infra red drying thingy. just don put it on your stomach area... anyway, it will be my last time doing mani/ pedi for nw.. i did the gelish nails consectively for few months nw.. need to let my nails recover from the trauma... kekeke...

nails can cut la! dun sit on your bed and cut anything can le.. even my hubby change the lightbulb in our bedrm toilet, i siam to the living room.. dun wan to be there..

what is taishen? i only know my sil say cannot cannot move bed, cannot do cutting or sewing on the bed. bed only to sleep. and anythg you want to do in the room, must tell bb to siam otherwise will accidentally hurt them. and if want to stick those bb pics, also cannot do it when we are at home. i was very independent during my previous preg. can cut my nails in the living room with that huge tummy & my hb just sit there, never offer to help me. and i was still shaving my legs till week 32. hanging out of laundry, cleaning the house, washing the toilet. climbing up & down. i dunno y this time round im so dependent on him.

Lyn, wah.. 1 year plus.. tats long!!! I only try to cut down these liang stuffs when i was ttc-ing.. Only for 1 month i thk.. haa..

We cant tkae cheng teng?? OMG!!! But i tot the red dates longan oso same same ma.. e taste and smell. haa..

Zara, wow.. u still do gelish ar.. haa.. the very last time i went for pedi mani is ard 2-3 weeks ago.. Tat time i still dunno i'm preggy liao.. haa.. But i felt my nails become more sensitive.. Like when they use e metal thingy to push against ur nails, OMG!! I felt suan tong.. lol.. Den i suspect something is wrong.. cuz i usually LOVE this part.. haa...

Chloie, taishen = bbgod? haa.. I'm not really sure about it but only heard some saying taishen taishen.. haa.. To protect our bb perhaps.. haa.. =D

Mt white hair are so obvious and long now!!! So demoralise
sad.gif

My gynae only give green light to dye after week 26 or something but I doubt I can wait that long.

Zara, can use herbal type? Or organic better? Thinking to try ammonia free one

Re: cutting
Cannot cut or sewing on bed. I wonder how to cut toe nails when tummy is so big by then. Can reach mah ?

taishen = 胎神
should be this..

vanilla: i usually can slp alot, unless hunger wake me up..ahhaha.. i usually "coma".. hahaha...

chloie: sorry to ask, but this is ur #2? cos i tot it's ur #1.. just curious only..

Oh! cos i terminated my previous preg during week 32 cos my girl was diagnosed with trisomy 18 during week 30. with cleft on her brain, holes in her heart, cant swallow. so no point to keep her in me longer and it was kinda heavy cos of the excess amnio fluid in me which result in ugly stretch marks. she was tested to be on the high risk for trisomy 18 during the week 12 blood test but cos we were first time parents, we didnt know much. and my gyne also say it seldom happened. there could be bb that are tested to be high risk but born healthy and also thinking that im still young wont be so lucky lor. then who know, tio 4d also not so zhun, the blood test was really accurate. so i went thru induce labour and gave birth to her and she left after 5 mins. dont need to feel sorry. we have moved on. and guess what! this bb has the same edd as his/her jie jie! so i believe my bb has finally came back to us!!!!! :D

Gals cannot take liang stuff including barley and esp green bean soup. Cheng tng is diff from longan and luohan Guo cos got the tiny black black substance. That thing is very liang.

Chrysanthemum tea is ok to drink

chloie: *hugs* i didnt know.. bb is back.. do take care ya...

anyway, my hubb also tell me to jus take it normal, if anything happens.. cos we haven seen the beanie's heartbeat, anything can happen along the way..

1hr to go before i can go off!!

Rosegal, I got it during the borders expo sales. That was like before I know I'm preggy. I'm damn kiasu. Lols!

Re rebonding/dye hair.
I rebonded my hair 1 week before I found out that I'm preggy. Oops! Wanted to dye like a week after. But who knows... But I'm still itching to dye now.

Re cutting / sewing on bed
Wa... I didnt know about this. I was still sewing buttons onto my pants last week on my bed. :x hmm.... Oh no...

Hey mummies, can also get some very useful books from the library.

Any of u thinking of cutting your hair short after 2nd trimester?

raine: if u dunno, its pardonable...haha.. u knw the chinese saying? bu zhi zhe, wu zhui.. hehehe...

ak: dun think i will cut my hair too short.. else i look very very round.. ekkeke... n my hubby will faint.. but i will trim it shorter lah..

anyways, u ladies have a great weekend! i'm gg off soon!! bz day ahead!!

Vanilla unfortunately the book is all wrapped up, if u want can go stores to see if got sample..or maybe try amazon..otherwise last resort I can take pics of the contents n some pages n email u..

Hey I just cut n wash my hair..awww the head massage was good but then I really just avoid all treatments n chemical stuff..think it's really no gd fr bb..Some friends tell me cannot cut hair for 9 months but no lar I dont believe..where"s the logic? Plus I did think of the cutting nails thing lol then it's really long fingernails!!

Tcm dr says if happen to drink liang stuff, best to take with
chrysanthemum..my SIL says cannot move bed..n other standard stuff..

Oh btw do u girls feel tired but couldn't sleep in in the morning? I woke up at 6am today oh my god..by myself which is like once in a purPle moon..ever since bb arrived, been waking up rather early..

No am not cutting short, cos it will worse for me if I can't pin up my hair!! Plus no washing of hair during confinement makes it worse, can't avoid not smelling of hair when it's short n swings around..

U know may-july is the hottest period somemore..

Candy, No worries, i'll take alot at outside first then i'll let oyu knoe.. =D

Since i know i'm preggy, i've been waking up very early liao lo.. Sometimes 7 plus already wake up.. But i'm very tired and cant get back to sleep.. My eyes r tired and cant even open but brain wide awake..

Re: Cut short hair..
NO NO NO!! Not gonna do so.. U will nv be able to have long hair once u cut short lo.. Aft bb u will fine tat short hair is better so u will not thk about havinglong hair back and PLUS i',m not e slim kind so wif short hair my face id super duper round la... SO CANNNOT!! haa... =D

Barley/Cheng Teng: Huh! I didnt know... sigh i still have so much "stocks" at home to cook!

Egg: Lucky i only eat the half-boiled kind.. but not really loving it. So i still not gian. hehe ^^

Talking about not nausea and not feeling preggy, lsat night and entire of today, i feel like puking that i went to buy sour plum for the first time in my life! lol talking about pantang...

I also want to cut and rebond my hair! when can we do it ah? I look like siao char bor now!

vanilla, me too! tired but cant sleep properly and wake up very early..im feeling cramps more often now..

today DH was still arguing with me when my edd is (cos I have not gone to gynae and useless TMC dr can't tell im preggy and I got to tell her instead)..he said we should count August as 1 month...so EDD is April? No right? Aug-September is 1 month so should start counting from Sept??

anyway makes me wonder if I'm in the wrong thread..and if my maths is wrong..don't think so right? theoretically I tested 1 day after my period which should be the 5th week so EDD should be May?

I have updated the spreadsheet- seems like 5+ weeks EDD should be in May lor...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlkhAiLkfq55dG1pVmdKY3VVOFB0UVp5Wkc2NFJWcEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

yip, LOL... Cook for ur hubby la... lol... BUt its a torture to see other eating stuff tat u cant eat.. lol..

Re: Not feeling preggy,
I still dun feel it yet.. But i realised after ytd e egg yolks issue. Everytime after eating, i felt very full.. Like something is stuck in my throat.. OMG!! The feeling is no good.. I'm not sure if its puking feeling but i jus dun feel comfortable.. Like something is sitting on my chest..

I oso wanna rebond my hair lo.. before give birth... Cuz after give birth sure busy like hell and when bb 1st month pple will sure say i look like auntie lo... haiz... =(

Candy, haa... i dunno leh.. As for mine i use e iphone app it will be in 18 May.. My gynae have not give me an EDD yet cuz haven even see any HB yet.. haa.. Counting down.. 4 days to give money to GYNAE!!! muahahhahaa... =D

My LMP is 12 Aug.. I ovulated on 28 & 29 Aug. So it will be in May lo..

12 Aud - 11 Sep = 1 month
12 Sep - 11 Oct = 2 month
12 Oct - 11 Nov = 3 month
12 Nov - 11 Dec = 4 month
12 Dec - 11 Jan = 5 month
12 Jan - 11 Feb = 6 month
12 Feb - 11 Mar = 7 month
12 Mar - 11 Apr = 8 month
12 Apr - 11 May = 9 month

Actually the whole pregnant is only 38 weeks not 40 weeks but gynae calculated 40 weeks becuz they dunno when we ovulated so they start counting from our LMP.

If you wan to count it in weeks then it will be 40 weeks, however if you wan to count month it is 9 months only not 10 months.. Cuz 1 month there might be 5 weeks.. =D

So if u know your exact Ovulated day then i guess the EDD will be slightly more accurate.. =D

Back