(2012/05) May 2012

A good carrier is very important.
I got a ergo bb carrier that got waist support althought i already have 1 cheap carrier n a sling. Quite exp but good investment.
It was killing my back when carrying my son to shopping. He was now 12kg.

Hi my baby is 8.4kg since last weight on 31 Dec..she is 8months then..

Sherine, you mean u blend the rice and ingredient bfore cooking? After I cooked the porridge, I blend and boil for another 5mins..wil that helps to elimate the wind in the porridge?

Hi,

My baby around 10.3kg at 9 mths.

Btw, do you all give babies other food other than porridge and milk eg biscuits as snacks, yougurt or cheese?

Does your baby know how to drink from straw cup?Mine dont really know how to do it. Caregiver say he doesnt know how to drink, therefore never let him try.

What other activities do you all do with your baby other than sleeping, eating and playing toys?

My baby also sleep very little, around 12 hours in total including nap... how many hours does your baby sleeps?

Thanks

Hilda,

Rice i use slow cooker. So abt 3 hrs before mealtime, must start cookin le. Er this method is my mil teach one so i juz follow. I tried to do the way cos weekdays is my maid at m mil plc who does it. So tried not to differs too much if she confused.

I also gave biscuits from Gerbers, Healthy Times and Heniz... my boy not fussy with food so still ok. Dnt know if shld let him try cheese or other stuff to give him more variety?

I have not let him try eating pork as i am scare he doesnt know how to chew. How do you all prepare the meat? can prepare like puree and store in freezer or must freshly prepare daily? Have anyone tried giving jus minced meat without blending to baby?

My boy still cannot crawl well yet, only know how to do push up and slide his way across the playmat... not sure if it is because he is big size. My friend's daughter about 2 weeks old can crawl very quickly and agile but she smaller size than my boy.

My gal at 9 mth is 7.9kg only!
She started crawling from place to place, but will drag her right feet instead if using the right knee
She can't really chew yet but can eat very fast. So on sat she vomited all the porridge and the look as though never chew before
happy.gif

Sherine, thanks for your advice.

My boy also cant really chew and eat very fast by swallowing. He doesnt really like cereal but loves porridge and can eat a huge bowl lor till i see also feel very full.

U r welcome. Juz learnin from one another
Now, i m clearing my last bit of maternity leave, lookin after the 2 terror. Headache leh..

my boy is only 7.2 at 9months. Very sad, he isnt interested in feed and its always a struggle to feed solids and even milk he cannot finish and refuse. As much as i try ways and means to entertain him during feeding time, its always very difficult. He will refuse to open mouth.

I tried giving him cereals (white and brown, different flavours and brands), pork/chicken porridge with pumpkin/carrots/potatoe.

see him so small baby i very heart pain, like as if i been ill-treating him. Every milk feed i throw away a lot of milk he refuse to take (150ml not a lot right?)

Everyday in my mind is all about thinking whether he eats well and how to fatten him up. PD says maybe his genes follows me (i am petite) but still makes me very sad.

Did he keen to eat when u are eating?
Sometimes my boy also like that so pretend tht u r eating his food; see whether it helps a not

Rabbitz, your boy really dun like to eat, so it's not just your milk. Does he looks interested when u eat? My gal will try to grab my spoon or bowl

His milk intake is little since birth, initially i thot was my BF maybe not tasty. Then i moved him to solids and FM at 7months. Initially was ok, he drank more FM per feed and ok with cereal. But only lasted about 2 weeks. Appetite went small again till today. Especially during the time he was teething and got runny nose, he lost some weight, now hard to even catch up.

Yes i did try to act act eat his food. HE also sometimes will open his mouth then i act act offer him my food. But when it comes to his feeding, its jus so difficult.

I'm totally clueless what went wrong. Just felt i'm a terrible mother not knowing what to do. I recently started to add si sen powder from eu yan sang into his cereal feed (label says feed 15g - duno how much is that i jus gave 1/2 teaspoon). Its supposedly to improve appetite and i'm keeping fingers crossed it will be effective.

When i go out i see mummies feed theor baby on high chair, spoon comes baby mouth will open, i'm so envious. My baby needs to watch Ipad baby video to keep him entertained else i think max 5 mouths he dont want sit still liao.

Rabbitz,

150ml is not really a lot. My friend daughter also dnt like to drink milk, guess it is because she introduce her to adult food such as cakes and fast food too early.

I think dnt feel so bad if you have already tried your best. Sometimes my boy will also shut his mouth tight for the food he doesnt like. Then i will sort of scold him for wasting food and cannot be choosy. Then he will sometimes cry and open his mouth. Sometimes he just push the bowl away.

I think babies have their own instinct and know when they are really hungry.

Have you tried giving him baby biscuits or any particular food he likes? My baby loves it (Heniz, Healty times and Gerbers).

Rabbitz,

From what you describe, i think your baby likes variety and gets tired of the same food easily.

I think it is also important not to let baby developed the habit of watching and eating at the same time. I know its hard on you as well as your caregiver since you are not the one full time looking after your child.

Maybe try changing brands of cereals or FM. I suggest you can buy healthy times oatmeal cereal (smells good) and add in different fruit purees everyday so baby have more variety.

Juz brought my boy for his 1st swim at jurong safra 2 weeks ago. Doesnt seems enjoying for him maybe he take his afternoon nap.
My gal enjoys so much that dont want to go home as she havent went for swim since her bro was born

Ok i shall try Healthy Times, but does oats cause constipation? I shall try mixing different fruits to cereals everyday. But cereal/oats cant really bulk up right? Need carbo which i suppose comes mainly from porridge.

How much porridge do u feed? I'm giving about 1/2 of our adult rice bowl.

Ytd i started to give corn puree to add to his porridge for 2 meals, hoping this will encourage him to eat better cos corn is sweet. Then he had terrible bloated tummy and cried at night think tummy pain. I felt so guilty...

So far i havent try oats so not so sure.
I suppose oats is heaty stuff. my mil will boil either grean bean or bailey water for my son once a week.

Porridge, my maid will scoop 1soup spoon of rice to cook so abt 2 half bowl of ikea plastic bowl.

By right, when letting your bb to try on new food. Should let them try the puree first for a few days b4 adding them into the porridge or cereal. - this is what the teacher did when my elder one in infant care.
But for my son, i skip steps i will let him have the new food mixed in porridge alt days 3 times to see whether he likes a not. I did try adding corn but he refuse to eat end up i got to add the whole bowl.

I gave cereals as breakfast and porridge for lunch. For cereals i think he takes (3 scoops of cereals using FM scoops with 2 scoops of FM powder and around 80ml of water with 30ml of fruit puree. It seems a lot but he can finish it. My boy doesnt really like cereals to be too sticky so this will be watery. You can adjust the proportion.

Porridge he takes a lot also almost half a bowl of a 360ml bowl lor but i stop feeding if i feel it is too much for him. Maybe you can add threadfin to the porridge as it is suppose to be good for baby.

For your baby i think dnt feed him too much, try and see if he likes the cereal with puree taste as he is a small eater to begin with.

Babies loves sweet things jus like the biscuits i recommended but i mix in the healthy times ones which are quite bland and he takes it as well. I jus want to ensure he doesnt develop sweet tooth also.

Dont be too anxious..take a step each time and i believe you will know what he wants.

I am not sure if it is heaty stuff but usually my poo once a day or at most once every 2 days so is it ok?

Jus let him drink more water bah.. so far i have not let my baby try barley or green bean water yet.. only juice

Ya agreed with shinmummysg.

Sometimes, got to trial n error. My elder gal eat everything but come to my boy, he is so picky on food. Cannot have repeat food on the same day.

Only get to know what he like after several tries.
Indeed, i record what kind of porridge that my boy take daily. I even make my maid to record down at my mil plc. The combination or food he dont like i will mark a cross. So,next time dont have that again. Hope it helps.

THanks mummies, this week i started to plan a menu daily and track his intake, also make sure he's fed accordingly. Morning he takes 6 FM scoops of cereal with egg yoke. I use the small FM scoop ie 30ml/scoop. Lunch & dinner half bowl porridge and mid noon one feed hald bowl veg-fruit puree. Milk will continue to offer 150ml or 120ml depending time of last meal. This plan should provide sufficient intake right? But problem he cant finish him milk and i calculated ytd daily intake only 400ml, recommended i read is 700ml with 2 feeds solids.

The heinz apple flavoured biscuits is very sweet but he didnt like. I also thot babies like sweet stuff, but no leh.

I'm so tempted to give avocardo alternatte days to fatten him. Feed 1/2 avocardo per feed is ok? I will blend with banana or papaya.

whenever i put my baby on walker and see his skinny legs, feel extremely upset
sad.gif

I feel that your planned meal is sufficient for solids and i agree the milk intake is a bit on the less side.

If you intend to feed him avocado, feed him according to his response and dnt make him too full... not too good if he is bloated as i feel avocado is very filling. Rabbitz dnt be too anxious ok?

For me i am concern about the amount of sleep my baby is getting. How many hours of sleep does your baby sleep at night and nap in the day? Are you all FTWM?

Ya. I m a FTWM
I agreed also. Sleep is most impt.
If a baby got enough sleep, he can grow well.

Rabbitz, yours seems well planned;like infant care schedule.
My boy nap alot time but all short short one.
Luckily, he still eat well

The whole fish is not meant for him alone.
Abt 2 pieces of fillet can divided into 6-8 pcs , last abt 2 weeks not everyday is fish.
The fish bone can used to boil stock.
Then the rest for adults.

Hi mummies, haven't been logging on for quite a while. My boy is 8 mths now, 8.5kg and 70.5cm tall. I see that you all are very adventurous with solids. So far my boy is taking healthy times barley oat (5 scoops using 60ml scoop, with 70ml fm, when done with feeding will let him drink 60ml of water mix with the cereal residue he loves using the squirt spoon) si shen brown rice from eu ren shen and porridge with pumpkin, veg, sweet potato, mash potato. He only eats 1 solid in the afternoon the rest are bm and fm 150 day and 160ml night. Have to stop expressing soon the ss is pathetic. He doesn't like the teething biscuit will savor a while then not eat.
He's lazy to crawl keeps wanting to stand and tries to walk. He has strong legs and I guess it's all credit to the exersaucer.
Now he speaks a lot, pull hair, knows when you are scolding him and makes a ke lian face to get sayang, knows how to gesture bye bye and do hi 5.
He has been falling sick these 2 mths, cough flu n fever. Just visited pd last Th n I hope he'll get well before cny. So heartbreaking to see him cough, doesn't know how to drain out the mucus. I've the suction thing but don't really dare to poke right in to suck out the mucus. Just relaying on medication, patting on back and chest to disperse the phlegm, drink lots of water. Bb now so young can give green bean and barley water?
Rabbitz don't be dishearten maybe you can try the 1 grain cereal from healthy times and you need to trial and error on the consistency to suit bb preference. Initially I only use 2-3 spoonful mix with 50ml fm for a few days then I increase the cereal to make it more thick and grainy. Tried using bowl and spoon which he likes but it's very messy as he wants to grab the spoon and bowl. I've since changed to the squirt spoon and feeding is a breeze.

Actually, if my child is strong n healthy is good enough.
Although my son looks very chubby now; but he doesnt look healthy. Sleep one day aircon room next day got flu liao.
Hb always say he good to see not good to use.

You can use mouth to suck the phelm, this is what i always do.
So far for my both kiddo, i do give them once a week green bean or bailey n mixed with milk powder.
Cos my 2 are heaty type

Phyllis: Only can use squirt spoon for cereal right? I think i saw it before, u recall what is the brand name?

I tried using so many different types of baby spoons, different size, plastic and silicon, to experiment which he prefers. I think he likes the shallow small spoon better (the one that comes with a feeding bowl from Pigeon i think, yellow bowl in the shape of '8' but the volume can only feed a little each mouthful.

my baby also fell sick twice, both times runny nose. Then i reaslise since then whenever he choke on his saliva (he always does) if its after milk, he will vomit a mouthful of sticky milk which i wonder were there phelm too.

When i saw the doc for my baby's flu, was told cannot sleep in aitcon. I stopped and realise, runny nose really improved. I usually cool the room first then after he sleeps for 1 hour in deep sleep, i turn it off. But sometimes he wakes up body sticky sticky from sweat. Then i cool down the room again.

Shin: my gal is a very light sleeper! However, if she go out she might be able to sleep longer in stroller. At home she can only manage 30 min and that's when I'm holding her! At night she usually the last to sleep. Sometimes at 2am, she will fuss for feed a few times in between. Then she might wake again at 730 or 8 am

Rabbitz: no worries since ur boy is healthy. I've a colleague whose baby was in hospital for a year because she's allergy to milk, even breast milk! She's only 8kg when she 1+, it's really bad case.

Hi Sherine, do you have pictures of the bb gal shoes which you intend to give away? How do you suck the phlegm using mouth? suck from nose? I have the suction thingie but only suck from nose which she hates it.

@Phyllis, seems like bb are prong to cough, runnig nose and phlegm. My bb runny nose and phlegm gone less than 1 mth back again! Tired of hearding the sound of phlegm under her throat..
Are these group all May mommies? Have you ladies organise any meetup?

My baby girl just turned 9 months. She's 8.8kg and 73cm. Quite a chubby baby.

She's drinking 160-180ml milk feeds 4 times a day, with 2-3 solid feeds in between. My mum takes care of her while I'm at work. She also stays over at my mum's 2-3 nights a week (while husband and I go on date-night, or just chill at home and catch up on our sleep).

My mum cooks porriage for my girl; brown rice/quinoa etc. with fish/meat/corn/carrot/pumpkin/corn/egg yolk etc. She can take about half to 3/4 normal rice bowl.

On weekends mornings, I feed instant baby rice cereal with chopped up fruits strawberries/bananas/papayas/watermelon etc. When we bring the baby out, I feed her off the shelf organic baby food. Also bribe her with snacks like yogurt melts, baby rice crackers, teething rusks, fruit puffs etc.

On the developmental front, she's crawling all over the place, can stand unsupported for a short while and trying to cruise on her own by using nearby furniture as support. She can say mama when she wants me. She can clap her hands and wave goodbye. She takes 2-3 short naps during the day and on good days can sleep from 8pm-6am (otherwise, she will wake up once at 3am! to drink some milk).

Also, nowadays she has taken to SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS once she doesn't get her way. Besides being highly embarrassing (especially when we are outside), we are at our wits end on how to make her behave. To date, the only effective method is to bribe her with her favourite snacks, which is hardly healthy at all. And also, she's very clingly. She cannot play on her own and wants to be carried ALL THE TIME. sighs.

Suck from nose using my mouth loh.
Whats your hp or email ? Pm me i will fwd u the pics.

Wow, olivia your gal drink a lot. I m trying to make my boy drink 180 but always fail.

Mine can crawl n stand but still need support.

Hello Mummies!! This is also my #2, factory closed also!! Haha

Today first time we feed my gal pork in her porridge. We bought minced pork and I got my maid to chop them up again. Normally we cook 1 pot porridge in slow cooker and she will eat for 2 meals. So it will be fish or pork with either pumpkin, carrot, broccoli, sweet potato or spinach. She can eat 1 full bowl porridge but don't like cereal so we don't feed often. She takes abt 1-2 bottles FM (only 120ml) per day. I bf from night till morning

For fruits I only gave apple and avocado. She can finish one whole avocado though.

Rabbitz: Babies can be picky abt the texture of the food. So maybe if your cereal is too watery/or thick he may not like also. My 2 kids loves thick sticky porridge I don't blend or purée before feeding

I don't know how much she weighs now cos she will only see the pd next month

Back