(2012/04) Apr 2012

Lilcactus: ahh then it's good also if u order confinement food, muz "bu" ur body.. Ya I so envy u too! My night schedule is feed bb every 3 hours (sometimes 2 hr or less!), den go pump milk, den change his diaper with so much poo! Den have to standby any moment Siam his surprise attack (pee!).. Finally wash everything up and sterilize. So very busy and not enough sleep!

Lotusmum: me!! I can't wait for his full month celebration on 22nd April.. 1 + more week to go! At least then I can go shopping, not so boring everyday cooped up at home. I alr told my hubby, I need to go buffet! I'm gonna eat all the sashimi I missed out in this 9 months ++!! LOL..

Btw ladies, if I eat ginger / sesame oil / DOM, should I feed my bb the breastmilk? He is recovering frm jaundice still, am afraid it goes back up again. Or should I keep in the freezer for next time?

Cayden's mummy,
i did consume ginger (a lil too much i think!) and DOM (very little) and still BF my #1. but I think this time I will skip DOM and cut down ginger intake. =)

are you pumping after latching every session?

LilcaCtus
I always envy people whose moms are able to help out in daughters' confinement.. When I asked mine if she can help , she said that she doesn't know how to.. So I'm depending on my in laws again.. It's always good to have own mother to do it cos with our hormonal imbalance, they'll be able to take it better...
As for confinement lady, I don't trust my child with outsiders leh..haiz..

I'm actually counting down to the "jail free".. it's only day 5..

Haru: ooh I see, but ur #1 have jaundice? I dunno will affect anot leh. No I'm pumping to feed in bottle.. My bb although latch well but he will fall asleep and doesn't drink alot.. Very fast will wan milk again.

Lotusmum: muz relax and don't let it stress u! At least u have in laws, some ladies totally got no one to help them at all.. Although I agree with the hormonal imbalance thing, everything my MIL say, I hear Liao like piercing my heart.. Give alot comments.. Sometimes feel like she is the mother of my bb! Grr.. Ren lor what to do..

Cayden's mummy
Same, my boy also can latch but take very long and also doesn't seem to have enough, i just express and give him, at least he's satisfied, latch is only when after the bottle and he wanted more..

My in laws did my confinement for my no.1 at my place and turned out to be very ugly co's I have post natal blue and can't stand the mess.. So this time round, quite thankful that they are willing to help and am having confinement at their place instead..no need to concern about any mess..

Hello everyone,
Been very busy to log in cos i have pop on April fool!
Bb juz turn 37weeks n eager to come out!

Lilcatus, envy u leh. My confinment is so busy cos mum doing for me (her first time) so i got to do my share when she get too busy handling me, bb n housework. Some more i'm
staying at parent hse now so not as comfortable as at own hse. I missed my bed, tv etc! And i get really tired w the moo moo duty. Is like 70% of my time gone.
Worst is bb having jaundice so many blood test to do. :-(

Cayden's mummy,
My bb have jaundice too n his level went up for first follow up den after tt i stop latching due to sore nipples, his level went down. Next blood test it shoot up again (resume latching). Doc suspect is the comfinment food ( i only took rice wine n sesame oil)so asked me stop BF for 2 days.
Tmr i going back for blood test again.

Wan ask is there any spree to get cheaper medela milk bags? as i'm pumping to build supply since knot latch.

Fantasy
Me too.. Simply by pumping has taken up a lot of time.. And I need to give no.1 attention..

Ooooh dear, I think my hormonal imbalance has started to kick in.. Was feeling teary when my hb said that he will be out with his friends..

Cayden's mommy,
yup my #1 had jaundice and had to stay in hospital for 2 days. hence this time I am thinking of skipping/ cutting down the ginger affair to try to prevent chances of baby getting jaundice.

lotusmum,
hang in there! being a mommy is tough. i think even tho my girl is already 3 years I can count the number of times I went out in the evenings to meet friends with my two hands. as for daddies, they have the luxury of gg out anytime they want. that is why mommies are the best! if you are really not comfortable with hubby gg out then its best to be honest and let him know how you feel. dun keep it to yourself...

Lotusmum - I am also having the same feeling as you when my hb goes to work or goes out to get something since I am confined now. However I keep my mind positive, thinking that I will be very busy bfing and won't even have enough time for myself.

Btw my baby got jaundice too. Same as my 1st, the eyes are yellowish - serious type. So have to accompany her for sunning everyday. The sweat that I have produced can fill up a pail... Exagerating!!! Feel very uncomfortable since I can't bathe...

Congrats reborn, tell us ur birth story soon!

Lilcactus, i will hv no confinement. No special food, no helper. my mum will come over help take of my no 1 while i take care of bb. My mum is alrdy old, not strong enough to handle both. My no 1 confinement was done by my mil but this time she not coming as i will b having another girl - no grandson for her, so she said busy cant come
sad.gif

Mom2012, my baby also of big size but when i ask dr he said better dun induce and wait for body to be ready if not can have serious bleeding. I think only when baby got distress then need c section? Maybe can wait a bit more?

Btw mummies, for my no 1, i had too much supply of breast milk. Had engorgement next day after discharged, pain like hell, and have to go back TCM to see Mrs Wong...after got treated, If i dont pump out after 2-3 hours, i will have engorgement so i have to pump like 7-8 times a day cos my girl didnt drink much, after latch on still can pump out like 300 ml in total. very tiring cos at night also hv to pump, Thenl pump already also throw or give away cos she didnt drink. Somemore got to deal w mil comment why pump so much, milk no fat so my girl not chubby, really depressing...
sad.gif

So this time round, i hope dun hv to go thru this painful cycle of pumping - throw again. Should i just use the cold cabbage leaf on my breast when i hv engorgement and dont pump out so frequent, to control the supply? Hope to hear ur advice ;)

Haru: I think u should start light, don't eat too much of the ginger / sesame oil etc.. But jaundice is really so common leh.

Fantasy: congrats! For the jaundice, a friend told me the level is like a letter "n", it will increase until a peak, den frm there will keep decreasing. Maybe u can cut down to having confinement meals to dinner only? I also pump my milk out to store, u can go to SMH BP forum, some selling milk bags for only about $0.25 per pc. Medela milk bags are wayyy too expensive! My friends have also been encouraging me to continue breastfeeding as the benefits are too good!

Lotusmum: big hugs! I know how you feel.. U MUST tell your hubby how u feel! Once u keep all the unhappiness accumulating inside u, it will lead to postnatal depression! Anything u feel upset about, just voice it out.

Desperatemum: I am no experience mummy, but I would be scared that my supply will totally drop once I put the cold cabbage leaves. I rather have more supply than none! Although very pain and muz keep pumping.. Anw ur MIL comments, muz ignore and don't let it affect u! Ur the mother, she think u will torture ur own child meh..

*pat pat* to all mummies especially those struggling w moo moo duties.
Really tiring and especially the volume after every pump is not that motivating! Haha me only getting 50-60ml per pump. Trying to increase frequency of pumping hopefully will see result soon. Bb having jaundice n now start to have sticky yellow discharge from his left eye. Sigh need to bring him see doc liao.

Cayden'mummy,
Ya PD said normally day 7 is peak, mine drop but went up again so suspect is the confinment food i eat. Stop bf for 2 days le. Today going for blood test again. Hopefully got beta!:)

desperatemum: so realistic of your mil... afterall still her grandchild mah..

re the excess milk, i cant give advice. cos i'm one of those who need to keep stimulating the flow to make more milk!

Lotusmum: its like that. when i had my #1, my hubby still goes for his badminton etc and i was so upset with him, i just keep crying. so its just the hormones.. try to be happy ya.. dont think too much.

Haru, Dragon, Cayden's mummy and lilcactus
Thanks mommies for the support..
Spoke to hb last night, hopefully he'll be more sensitive. Thought this time round would be better co's got no. 1 experience..

Breastfeeding
Really not easy to start.. Need to pump every 3 hours, by the time, things are settled, thought can take a rest, 3 hrs are up and need to pump, when about to fall asleep at night, breast are engorged, need to pump..now then I know why some mommies want to give fm..

Yesterday went for my check. Bb still high up, so definately a overdue bb for me. Was feeling sad cos high chance a c-sect. out of doc's rm, tears roll dwn. Think i m scared of c-sect ba... Not sure y either... Hubby told me not to b crazy cos if natural cannot come out, i only left with 1 option.

Anyway will b seeing doc again this sat. Have to doubled up my walking n squatting exercise. Hope to see result. Worst come to worst, will induce on 19 or 20 which is 42wks.

Disappointed that bb will b overdue cos really cant wait to see her... N i hate the waiting game....

Silvery_gal
Don't be sad.. As long as your baby is healthy..and your baby is happy inside you..how I wish that my lo didn't come out so early so that can grow bigger..
Try not to exert yourself too much with the walking and squating..

Silvery gal.. You are not alone.. My cervix also not open yet..now 39weeks liao. Everytime see gynae he always ask me to walk more or do squatting.. I also very sainz of the waiting game.. My maternity leave starts this Fri..not sure when she wants to come out ley.. Oh..can feel ..My bb hiccup now in my tummy
happy.gif
.. Kekeke!

Congratea to mummies have pop.. Mummies that still awaiting, just be patient and talk to bb that you are waiting for her or his arrival.

Today is my 7th day of confinement. Started to take shower on my 5th day. Still have a long way to go..

My bb hv minor jaundice of 128, so have to go polyclinic fir review. Doctor said must be below 100...

Silvery girl, dun be upset, bb will feel it. Keep taking to the bb and bb will definitely listen it. I also keep talking to my bb that mummy want her to arrive earlier and she has arrived 2 wks earlier

Just be patient ya

thanxs all... ya i know so long bb is healthy n doing fine i should be more than happy. but cannot imagine she doesnt wanna come out n i have to carry her till 42 wks!!

Jojay: i did talked to bb but she never listen to bb... i say she is a naughty girl... haha! Wah, meaning u left 3wks!! Jia you

I guess other than walking, talking n squatting, must also be praying hard!

Hi,
Delivered my son exactly a week ago. At 39+ weeks via VBAC and had epidural. In labour for 18 hours. Overall, this time was a better experience than my last when I ended up with emergency c sec after in labour for almost 24 hours.
Now struggling with breast feeding, like most other mothers here.

Desperate mum : no confinement at all? Can consider catering confinement meals to at least bu4 your body.

Silvery girl: don't be so stressed. Yours not confirmed c section yet? Still a chance u can deliver via NVD.

congrats SSP, heard is quite difficult to achieve success in VBAC...

ya might not confirmed c-sect cos doc can continue to let me wait. EDD is 12/4, so latest is 19 or 20 must induce or c-sect. He say will monitor n see what is the best for me.

Yawns! I just woke up! Lotusmum wah I also had to pump every 3 hours too, on top of feeding frm bottle then washing & sterilizing bottles.. Only have 1 hr left to rest! But ytd night.. Bb decided to wake every 2 hours! Omg.. Fainted.. Really like nv slp, I had to ask my MIL help tc while I Nap
sad.gif

Jojay: ur bb oso got jaundice ah.. Muz monitor wor.. Hope it goes away soon!

Fantasy: icic.. However r u storing ur breastmilk that u pumped out for the past 2 days? R u intending to give it to bb once he recovers from jaundice? I afraid I store and give bb, the jaundice will come back up again..

hey all i'm back.
Just discharge today. but bb need to stay till sat. He got lung infection. on 5 days antiobtics.
will update later

Hi all

Hv been reading this thread n happy to c so many mums popping. I delivered my princess n already 1+ wks in my confinement. Wow, looking after a bb was real tiring but seeing her smile makes u find tat everything is worth it :)

Reborn, hope ur bb will get well soon

Ron, all the best to u n u will c ur darling tomolo

Congrats Reborn & SSP!!

Hi Bbliss, am currently in my 38 weeks.... gynae just did a check today and concluded that cervix is still tight. unlikely to deliver this week.

Hi Silvery Gal & mum2012, i guess we are in a similar situation. Baby is quite high up ,weight is 3.5kg and she is still in her OP position. With these unfavourable variables, chances of natural birth not very high. For now gynae recommend C-sect but will monitor and see how is the progress during next mon checkup.
sad.gif
sad.gif

i was very "sianz" after the gynae visit today..totally no mood... was hopping for a natural birth especially since this is my first child..

Hey mummies, i have been soooooo busy!! Finally have some time to update a little! Thank you for all the encouragement and info on heart murmur. Baby has been discharged from hospital with jaundice at a safe level. We are going to kkh's heart centre to follow up on his heart murmur since PD cannot do much about it. As long as baby is back in my arms, nothing else seems tough..
happy.gif

reborn, CONGRATS!!
happy.gif
I am also a sahm since baby #1 came in year 2007. Yup, no maternity leaves, off days, PHs, annual leaves, medical leaves whatsoever. No peaceful meals or sleep either but there's nothing more rewarding than witnessing the kids' first smile, first crawl, first step, first word etc personally. And the kind of bond we share with them is very different. Jiayou! ;)

pinkbunny, totally agree with your tips on breastfeeding. I requested for baby to be breastfed within the first 10 minutes after he popped and requested to be on total breastfeeding too. In fact my milk started leaking even before i popped so baby has milk to drink immediately! Even the nurses were surprised as he was always satisfied and did not fuss at all in the nursery. Haha.. So mummies who are keen to breastfeed, do start asap and latch on regularly! Oh, but do take care of the nipples too! Apply breast milk or lanolin cream on it after each feed. Ensure baby is latched on properly too. Those in mount alvernia(not sure about other hospitals), do make full use of their parentcraft centre as all the services are FOC during your stay! I did not and i regret! Now i have to pay $60+ to visit the lactation consultant! Off topic: i love the diaper bag that they are giving to us this time!! ;)

desperatemum, that is a lot of milk!! And i feel you. I am having very bad clogged ducts and engorement now. I really fear it will turn into mastitis as baby is still not latching on very well. I have to pump every 2 hours. I can produce 140ml on each side with 10 minutes of pumping session. Really feel like a cow cos an hour later, i am engorged again! I am too lazy to pump at night so every morning, i feel like i am in hell! But i still got to prepare #1 for school and send her up the school bus before i can go and start my pumping routine.. Really no rest cos baby latches on every 2 hours too... Hang in there! I am sure our milk supply will stabilise soon! Jiayou!! ;)

babydrag0n, i have not bathed too!!! Arghhh.... And baby is already 1 week 2 days old!! I am developing heat rash and it feels awful. Think i give up.. Gonna bathe tomorrow morning! Sigh... But i would feel like i have let down my mum as she's bringing me all the yumny confinement food and here i am disobeying her and breaking the rules. We already compromised on 2 weeks this time round. But i tjink i cannot wait for another 5 days! Super pek chek...
sad.gif

lovexuan,
wow!! you can tahan?? good to hear that your milk supply is good! i hope that this time my supply will kick in sooner and more too! =P

haru, when i had #1 i did not bathe for 30 days!!! Omg. Sounds disgusting now that i think about it. Hahaha.. Thankfully it was a cold rainy december. I just wiped with hot water and chinese white wine and used dry shampoo. But this time it's hot hot april!! Cannot tahan anymore so i am going to bathe tomorrow! My breasts all full of heat rash! I still mistaken it as mastitis... Haha..

I think for second pregnancy, it seems to kick in faster! When i had #1, it wasn't even this much. Took days to build up. Now my fridge is full and my boy no need to worry about hunger.. Wahaha...

Birth story
Went for clinic checkup on 09 April at 4pm. After gynae check say 4cm, but still thick so will deliver by this week. Ask me to wait outside for ctg.
The nurse ask me to come back ard 4.45pm so I go eat something 1st. After I eat finish, I realize I cannot stand. The pain just keep on coming.
4.45pm I went back to clinic to do ctg, tell the nurse I'm in pain. But the nurse say is normal after check will feel discomfort and little bleeding. I told her last week check I dun feel and no bleeding. At ard 5pm, the nurse took my ctg to let gynae see. My gynae say I will send u to hospital now. U r in labour now.
5.30pm reach tmc. 6.30pm water bag burst....
7pm send to deliver suite. 8.30pm pain getting worst but only 5cm. By 9pm, the pain is unbearable and still 5cm. So I ask for the laughing gas. 9.30pm, I was like in hell, 6cm but the midwife say my bb head is pushing down that's why I feel the pushing and pain getting worst. Ard 10.15pm, 8cm, midwife call my gynae and immediately he reach, 10cm. I push for a while and he cut me den use vacuum. My bb position was not correct so he help me. My bb face was facing up!
Right after my bb born, sitches done, I was push to another station to do ligation.
Ard 1.00am, I was in my wards.
10april 8am, the pd say my bb having problem with breathing. His breathing is too fast, so need to stay in nicu and take xray to check his lung. So I can only visit him at certain time only.
Btw 11am-12pm, visiting hour so I visit him. His arm was with some tubing and his mouth too. He cannot feed like normal bb. He needs a tub that direct connect to his stomach.
5pm, pd inform me the xray show he just only having lung infection. Will need to stay for 5 days to complete his 5 days course antibiotic. For the time being I need to express out my milk and bring daily to nicu.
12april I'm discharge, went to see bb again. Pd say he is getting better Liao. Well from what we see he is really getting better. For the time being, we can view him online from 3pm-4pm. But if he move to other station den we will not able to view online.
Reach home ard 1pm today. Start expressing milk at 2pm, but nothing come. Will try hard hard again.... Must express milk out for bb to drink...
May god bless him, let him recover faster and my milk come in later or tml....

Larson- u still have another 2 wks to hit 40 wks. Dun give up. like u, a 1st time mummy, hoping bb to come out early. However sad to say it is not us to decide but bb! N i m not giving up the idea of natural birth till 42wk!

Reborn- hope ur bb will recover soon!

reborn: who is your gynae? when i was in labour, same like you, i feel terrible pain cos bb keep pushing. but i was luckier, my cervix opened from 4-10cm in 20-25mins. so i didnt need to endure that long to start pushing.

hope your bb recover fast!

Reborn, hope ur baby gets well soon! Must be a worrying and stressful period for u. Muz tc! And so high tech leh still can view bb online. But that's good and convenient.

Reborn,
Hope your baby recover soon. Can i know who is the Pd? Did Pd say why got lung infection from birth?

Lovexuan,
Glad that you have good milk supply. I was ytalking abt my no 1 experience le. My no 2 hasnt come out yet.

I know most mummies here working very hard to increase supply so i hope u all dont mind that my case is the opp. I dread the engorgement pain, the frequent pump till nipple sore yet baby didnt drink. So really keen to know if cabbage leaves can help with engorgement so dont have to pump so frequent esp that this round i dun hv much help.

Sivergal, larson,mom2012, me in same situation. Baby still high, 3.5kg and OP position. Think bcos bb too big so cannot turn to the right position already? Sigh...Waiting game really unbearable...

Lovexuan - *guilty* I have bathed 3 times already. Today is only day 9. Really pei fu you can tahan 1wk +. I even had fan whenever I am. Now having headache not sure is it due to the wind since I always direct the fan at my head.

mummy
am 39w tmr but bb still dun want to come out.already 1,5cm dilated since 37.was.sick on 38wk nv walk muchcos i dun want yo give birth when sick.now i recover but no sign of contraction.m worry that i get induce.i walk a lot n climb stair but seem not useful.can experience mummy advise me.

Desperate mum
The pd say my bb get this lung infection when he is inside my womb. is very hard to detect even with those details scan. coz inside the womb bb not using their lung yet. only after birth they Will start to functions and that's why is being detect. bb with this must take 5days course of antibotic to clear the infection. but bb cannot be carry or shower coz bb needs to stay inside a oxygen box.

desperatemum, oops. I didn't read in detail cos using iphone. :p But i know what you mean. I experienced the same thing for #1 though not as bad since she latched on well. But she refused to drink ebm. I was so upset that i started throwing away. But in the end hubby helped me to drink it. He said it was yummy. Maybe fu yan me.. Haha.. But for #2, i was worrying the same thing would happen but nope, he loves ebm! He was given FM for 2 days when he was warded for phototherapy and he hated it! Thank goodness.. So don't worry, who knows your #2 will love ebm? As for the cabbage, i am not sure. But i am alternating between cold(relieve the hot stinging feeling) and hot(while pumping) compress but so far my milk supply still haven't dip! Just pumped and drained out all the milk at 11pm and i am engorged now again.... Pain!
sad.gif

babydrag0n, hahaha... I want to bathe too!!! But ya, don't direct the fan at your head. You can get headaches from doing that..not just during confinement. Think the only time i feel happy is bedtime. Cos i turned on both aircon and fan to sleep. Lol :p

Silvery gal: success of VBAC is 60-80%. Am lucky this baby is smaller than no 1 and no complications.

As for breast feeding, been latching on as much as possible. Think cos it is no 2 so more relaxed and lazy
happy.gif

also not keen to pump between feeds cos he sometimes wants milk unexpectedly and earlier, esp after poo poo.

Reborn: hope your baby recovers fully soon

Lovexuan,
Glad I found someone experience the same as me. I can stand when deliver without epi, but I cried when the lactation specialist massage the engorged breast for me, really pain like hell. That's why so scare until now. Wah ur hubby really good le, then at least not so sayang. I admired you also le, how to tahan not shower for so long with all the sweats from pumping milk haha...

Btw hope that your son check up at Kk will have good result and the hole will close itself
happy.gif

Silverygal, 42 weeks - that's very long !! Did you try some of the natural induce methods- eat spicy food, stimulate nipple, and ... have sex.. ?? ;)

Ladies, yesterday, I've delivered via elective cesarean my 2nd bundle of joy, he is 4.22kg, phew lucky that I go through cesarean. This little rascal knows how to suckle, doesn't want me to help, prefer to DIY and correctly some more, much much easier as compared to jie jie.

FB GROUP, I've consolidated and email Admin and cc you, et's wait for her to add. You may add me in FB to see MINE updates. Kekeke

Cayden's mummy,

Yes i'm currently pumping out to freeze. Doc said as long his bb's jaundice level went down to < 100, is ok to feed him BM. I think i will mix latching n freeze milk when he recover. When latching, i'll eat normal food, at night give him freezed supply I just went for follow up test ytd n his level drop from 238 to 178! So doc said most probably is the confinment food tt y once i stop bf him, his level drop. I oso tink so cos past 2 days, only difference is this, no other changes. I even returned the light machine.
So for those mummies having jaundice bb, can just check with doc? My confinment food is already very normal, no ginger at all. Juz rice wine n sesame oil oso affecting. :-(

Wah all mummies so guai! I feel so guilty! Already bath on the 3rd day n use dry hair shampoo. Den with all the follow up test for bb jaundice, i already wash hair on D5! Oppz. N i also on fan n aircon when i'm latching or pumping milk. Knot be comfortable w all the sweating leh

Hi...
Today consider 3rd day but my milk yet to come in.... so stress! this is the 1st time my milk havent come. normally immediately after deliver i Will have milk. somemore this is number #4.... need help. once discharge i been pumping every 2 hrly but still nothing. need help.....

Back