(2012/04) Apr 2012

fantasy
the pump can adjust the suction power. so, you can slowly increase the power.
but since you have the avent pump already, try out first and see how it goes.
there are many mummies in the forum selling 2nd hand one, if you don't mind.
if you are going to the baby fair, you can see if there's any demo going on for medela PIS/PISA. Some people prefer other brand like Ameda (available at mothercare) and avent dual pump. I have a friend likes avent manual pump. So, it's really depend on individuals.
happy.gif

Hi fantasy.. Good to know that ur bb has turned. I also has the same issue. Bb in breech position.. Just hoping that she will turn over the nx 10 wks.. If not, I m mentally prepared for c sect..
Also, not sure if it helps. But I wear socks to bed. It prevents cramps n my feet r not swollen (touch wood)

fantasy: Ya agree with ur hubby.. hee! Because I also heard, due to reasons like maybe your supply slow down or u feel breastfeeding is very tiring and you decided to stop.. then the very expensive breast pump will be wasted already.. best to get when you start breastfeeding already
happy.gif

sunny: thanks for the info! do you know when the promo is ending? looks so cute.. hehe.

Im 33 weeks too and my baby is still swimming around apparently! -_-

SG: Yup get ur hubby to test first.. or put a mattress before hand. Baby is not so heavy so should be ok bah..

Those buying playpen, some of them comes with mattress some don't, however, do invest in a good mattress, the one comes with is no good. I've bought a firmer mattress from Kiddy Palace 6 years ago, $50+. I've a babysafe similar pillow but double the size from Kid's Loft but they have discontinued it. This time, I've intended to get the babysafe mattress for my playpen but decided against it as this little one will only be using the playpen for 3-4months. Babysafe mattress for playpen is around $135 before discount, mattress for cot starts from $225 retail.

Pinkbunny, the CK pj cannot make it, can stand on it own! If you can, come Clementi central, there is a shop along the fu hua medical hall, 1 for $8.90, 2 for $16. Exact same thing I got from Chinatown when I've paid $12 and $15+ for it!

Sunny, are you working in Suntec? I'm at tower 5.

cayden's mummy
if i am not wrong, the offer is till 1st Mar.

meinme
my ex co was at Suntec. not working there anymore.
happy.gif
might be looking for job again after bb is born.

meinme
LOL on CJ pajamas can stand on own! like super stiff kind ah? aiyah all the way to clementi for PJs, suan le hehe. i only have 3 hours a day to do all my errands and work while #1 is in school, by the time go to clementi, time to head back and go home liao haha. but that is a very good price!

SG
alamak your boy like to play circus on his cot ah? then he really could have loosened the joints wor. better fix up to test la. but then again, like what cayden's mummy said, babies are not that heavy
happy.gif

fantasy
i agree with sunny - different mums like different pumps. my fingers ached like crazy with my avent single manual but my friend swore by it. if you have friends who have stopped BFing, you can try borrowing
happy.gif

thanks mommy for sharing the info on the e baby fair, will see if I can make it this weekend!

pinkbunny,
yup! i have the ikea bed too. my daughter had the canopy for a while and then she decided she didn't want it for now. You are right, its very cozy coz the bottom can be a reading corner and napping spot for mommy!! hee...i used a tatami mat below coz we threw away her old cot mattress (too much poop, pee, vomit, etc).

re: pump
i used Avent single pump last time and it was time consuming so this time I invested in an Ameda dual pump. Looking forward to try it out to see if I can really cut down the time spent pumping!

Pinkbunny, hee nw u noe my #1 so active, non stop actions every secs. Tired tired... Haha

Wow looks like alot of u has bought the high bed for your kids. Shall go ikea with my son to see if he likes it
happy.gif
thks for recommending!!

Pedi: haha did my pedi yest'd at compasspoint, the hood earth spa @$35
happy.gif
happy at least nw my toes nails are neatly trimmed.

Hi Friends, would like to share a maid related query with you. I hired my maid few months before my delivery so that she can get used to the household work. she is mostly fine work wise but keeps a very serious face and does not like to talk. Which is fine but I also wonder when my baby comes she will play a role in taking care once I am back to work... wonder if I am over thinking this ? any suggestions as to what should be expectations from her ? Thanks in advance!

Now with my hubby at the wheelock LASIK surgery. He just did his LASIK yest'd vainpot. Haha any mummies here has done LASIK before? Have been thinking of doing it since I have been wearing contact lenses since secondary school... Maybe nx yr ba, when my kids r a little bigger coz really need good rest after tat, else prone to infection.

Mom2012- is your maid indon? They tend to be stone faced. When you hired her, does she know she has to do some childcare duties?

SG: I have not done LASIK but my hubby did it when he was in US. Need to really take care if not eyesights will still get bad. LASIK is very common nowadays and is quite safe just tt need lots of rest during d healing process.

hi EI,

i just realised ur is PISA. wat the difference between PISA and PIS?

Hi Sunny,
yea that seem safer measure. but again once used, i tink is harder to sell if not suitable for me. =p

oh btw i heard/read from forum PIS knot buy second hand cos of the filter in the engine. u can change all spare parts but not that so unless u r very sure the previous owner is safe. that's y dun dare to consider second hand.

Hi pinkbunny
ya i do have friend who used medela (tink is free style) and avent and she prefer avent. but she the only one i heard so far. haha..

SG, we cannot do lasik now cos we are preggie.. Our eyesight prescription are somewhat different during pregnancy hence was advised not to do lasik now..

mom2012 - Then it is just personality. even if you have concerns you would have to see how she interacts with your baby first to know for sure.

Fantasy - Actually I don't know what is the diff between the PIS and PISA. When I bought my PISA two years back my only choice was between backpack version or the tote version which cost more. I got the tote version as the pump could be removed from the bag whereas the backpack version was built in.

Not sure that PIS is even available anymore as it is not stated on the medela website.

SG
I have been wanting to do lasik for years! So convenient right? And now it's getting cheaper too. But now we can't cos our eyeball shapes may have changed due to pregnancy. Got to wait for a few months after. All my friends who have done it say it's the best thing ever!

Good luck with the bed. Bring him to ikea to test la. My girl loved it so much, always asked to go to ikea to "see her high bed" that's why we finally decided to get it hehe

Haru
Do you climb up too? I only did it once but was so scared it would break! Even going under is tough cos of the big belly and aches and pains hehe

PIS is the old model for PISA. Think not in production anymore.

Pumps must try to know the effectiveness. Cos everyone's boobs react differently to the different suction etc.
Good thing about Medela is that you can get "customized" parts to fit the different boobs sizes. The pumps also come with some levels of preset suction level but u can't change the frequency.
Avent electric pumps can self adjust both the suction and speed to whatever level you like.

I had used Avent Dual, Avent Manual and Medela Mini Electric and Freestyle before.
Both freestyle, mini electric and avent manual are good for carrying to work or out.
Mini electric is good if you don't mind the noise and on a tight budget yet want a decent dual pump.
The avent manual is a good manual pump if you don't mind exercising your hands.
Needless to say, my favourite is still the Freestyle, for the portability, customizable funnels, comfort and lower noise.

I've used PIS 6 years ago!!! PISA has 2-phrase let-down function while PIS don't. PISA came probably when I was about to stop.

Avent has good manual pump, this is good for those last minute situation.

Just wondering, mommies with experience, would it be too "boring" at home should you take your 16 week maternity leave altogether?

I've heard of mommies extending this 16 weeks cos' they can't bare to leave their infants at the centres too early and will miss their child each time they go to work, but I've also heard of mommies who find this 16 weeks at a go to be too long a stretch.

SG: I did lasik in July 2009! Best money ever spent, better than money spend on any branded bags too. Hahaha! I did it at the wheelock place - Shinagawa. Till date, perfect eyesight! You should do it once you've delivered.

LittleDD
Boring? I doubt you'll be anything but bored! Tired probably but bored? Nah. ML was only 12 weeks when I gave birth to my #1 and I bawled my eyes out in the days leading up to me going back to work cos I knew I would miss her so much and couldn't bear the thought of someone else caring for her. In the end I quit to be her full time maid haha

But I also know of women who can't wait to get back into the swing of things at work la so everyone is different
happy.gif

Don't forget that you also need to rest, just like after any major surgery

pink bunny,
yes i do! i did call to ask the weight limit they said it was 50kg. i was about 42kg before preggie so I did climb in and sleep in with my daughter once only when we first bought the bed. since then i still climb up but i only dare to sit on the edge near the steps, haahah...you are right, its hard to get under and get out of the lower deck now!!! have to slowly crawl out!

LittleED: for me I got no choice but to take 16weeks maternity leave at 1 go..as it is part of my co policy. Sainz.. initially still thought of want to save up a partial slowly use..

wow...so many of the mummies here did lasik before. my hubby tempt me lah...nw ya ya no nid to wear specs liao. so good....yah now preggy cannot do lasik but i tink even after birth also got to wait leh. later i go n do, who takes care of my 2 kids... =( need to rest mah...wahahhaha
yah, now got promo uisng DBS/POSB credit/debit card $3268/ for a pair of eyes.

Re: high bed, haru...LOL slowly crawl out or wat? hahaha...imagine us now with big tummy crawling. hee...sometimes i feel myself like a clown whenever i chase after my son in the public leh. can go breathless at times =)

Hi mummies,

This is my 2nd bb gal. Nice to meet u all! My edd is 6th May might deliver earlier like #1. Was in May group but as a slient reader..

Hi gelin! Welcome! Hehe..

Ya preggy cannot do LASIK. My hubby did before also.. But I have a fear of things going near my eyeball.. I can't even put contact lenses. So too bad!

Btw anyone use mustela product before? Isit good?

SG> even after u deliver, when you're breastfeeding aso canot do lasik. cause bf has hormones that will affect the eyesight. only 6 months after you bf end, when the eye sight has stabalise then can do lasik.

Gingerbreadger, really? Wah tat means it's going to be like at least 1-2yrs later then I can do LASIK. Sikali by then, I got long sighted aldy gua gua gua :p

Gingerbread ger
So it's pair of boobs vs pair of eyes? Haha

SG
Re crawling: you make haru and me sound like the woman from THE RING slowly crawling out of the tv! Muahahahha

Haru
Ya lor got to prop here, prop there, I use the bottom bar of the top bed to pull myself up from the bottom! And if I lie under with my daughter when I take nap with her, she knows now that when mummy is horizontal, mummy will NOT move so she has to crawl over me haha

I love that bed. Wish I had it when I was a kid. Thinking of getting a bedrail in time to come so that #2 can also sleep under at times

SG, by then u will be pregnant with another child haha.
Mine was 300 degrees too and it's definitely worth it. No more ugly specs or dry eyes due to contact lenses!

Mine 300+ degree too, cannot see without specs.. LASIK would be good since don't need to wear specs le so convenient!

Tangerinez, might close fty le. Haha tired leh... Everyday yawn non stop :eek:) hw much u did yr LASIK?

Cayden's mummy, yah w/o so perfect'. Cook or BBQ no nid to worry the heat. I shall wait for the day to come.

Pinkbunny, haha eerie leh..ESP. If u two gt long hair or fringe. Must b petite then can squeeze in wor. Aiyo tok abt size, nx wed going to visit gynae n see my weight increase again
sad.gif

Waah! Every1 talking abt lasik now... heehee.. I thought of it before, but now I've decided not to do it le.. coz hb's boss who did lasik a few years back, diagnosed to have cataract, recently...

LASIK is recommend to do when u have ur regular menses which by then ur hormones r bk to normal so ur corneal shape wil b n=bk to normal too.

anyone been to the baby fair yet? I don't really have anything to get except Babysafe Mattress...so scared of the crowd..

I have alot of things to buy Wor.. Haha. Going tml when it just open, got goody bag! And buy march issue with free gifts at $5.50 only. Gonna get mustela, diapers, cot, high chair, bathtub, thermometer (if cheap)!

Subscribe 1 year and 2 year oso got free gift..

hey mommies,
i just called Babysafe and they have stock so you may want to call to see if you can reserve your preferred size if you are planning to go down. just in case. Happy shopping!

ladies, you should join the FB MTB Apr private group, we have LIVE update on events!!!

Mummies interested to join the FB group, please PM me. I will add u as friend first den add u to group after u accepted the friend request.
For our own safety and security, we only allow FEMALE members in the FB group. Silent readers and/or inactive forum participants will not be added.

Me just went to the baby fair.. Didn't buy much...but nuk, combi, huggies,goon even tollyjolly is there.. Wanted to buy from pigeon and medela but don't have.. :-(

Lotusmum: There is Medela ard. It is under Mums & Babes.

Haru: The crowd is scary but definitely more worth going than last week baby fair. Nxt fair will be Mothercare and Taka..

Mummies, just now while taking my shower, I squeezed my nipple and to my surprise, I can see a drop of colostrum! Im amazed that my milk has started. Im now week 32.

Anyone know if there is any link to body starting to produce milk means labour soon? I had a lot of BH contractions today and worry about premature labour.

Cos for my first pregnancy, I was having contractions that I didnt know of and my gynae only detected thru CTG check. So worry im actually in labour but I didnt know.

Qiqi,
oh! i am keen on mother care sale/fair! is it at their regular stores?

licactus,
i think just don't stimulate your nipples too much closer to due date as i think it may trigger labour. colostrum production now should be normal i guess!

the fair is worth going, IMO.
happy.gif
today is already very crowded. Can't imagine how it will be tomorrow. Must go early so that you can find car park lot 'cos there are natas fair and watson fair at expo too.
bought the small small world picnic mat at $15 (UP$28), goon diapers, johnson & johnson shampoo, carter's diaper bag, ABD washing powder.
didn't buy babysafe mattress, still considering.

haru
mothercare fair is only at habourfront. for members only - 1 March. Public from 2 March onwards. can't remember when's the end date.

lilcactus
BH contraction is to tell us that it's time to rest and relax. don't worry too much. Instinct will tell you when the labour starts. take care.

taka fair
anyone knows when is it?

Back