(2012/04) Apr 2012

Hi April Mommies,

I am from the Aug Thread and i need to engage a CL urgently and i can't find any. Can i kindly seek your help by PM your contact. I supposed after your confinement, I hope to catch her slot in Aug.

Please let me know! Thanks and appreciate!

Hi all, I ve been a silent reader..

Hi fantasy, I m also having bad tailbone pain.. Ve u found a solution to it?
happy.gif

Oh! So I should buy dress type.. Its the one with button all the way on the front of the dress? Like a trench coat?

blue_turtle: I am still around the same size, still petite so think disposables will still be quite big for me.. hehe.

haru: Mother & baby Fair at Singapore Expo 24 - 26 Feb! Many good deals there! Eg: Goo.N diapers $14 for 1 pack of 58 pieces.. Babies & Bellies Post Natal Massage..

Btw, will you ladies be using baby cot or playpen for baby? Im thinking of getting a baby cot because still can use when baby is older.. Cannot co-sleep because I tend to toss and turn
sad.gif
and no space on our bed liaoz..

Bbliss
If u r not big size, juz get normal disposble panty. I try the maternity one, too big for me. I m a M size.

Cayden's mum
ya, will gv them a call to check. Usual px is $200+.

Haru
Bbsafe offer is at this coming bb fair t expo. There's another brand, shears selling Latex mattress at $100+ at the fair. Not sure how gd it is. Bbsafe is in the mkt for longer period.

Ladies
there's motherhood fair at expo on 31may-2jun. We still hv chance to get stuff after Confinement. ^o^

cayden's mum
i got the baby cot which can be converted to toddler bed when i had my #1. 6 years already, my #2 is using it now. it will be used by my #3 when he's born. good investment. :D

Cayden mum, e pj I brought r e dress type wif front buttons.

As for e disposable panties, hmm... Den tink I may nid to big coz i put on quite lot of weight during this period. Haha... Fr M upsize to L liao. Haha....

Caydens mummy
Lol on trenchcoat! I wonder if you're thinking about sexy trenchcoat+heells and stockings or spy vs spy trenchcoat and dripping in the rain kind.

No la it's just a few buttons, for easy access during BFing

Haru
ABD is the brand of baby laundry detergent. I use powder cos it's cheaper and I find it has a more mild smell as compared to liquid.

With #1 I had 2 sleeping places - cot in her room and playpen in mine. But she slept in my bed a lot too. My hubby and I also were very active sleepers but strangely when there's a baby between us, it made us sleep in the same position all night long hehe. And when #1 was older we would both sleep like lizards clinging on to side of bed while she rotated and rotated like a clock all night long!

Some people feel having baby sleep in own room from birth is good, so easier to sleep train next time. For us we feel more pang sim to have baby with us at least in beginning few weeks. We have all the time in the world to chase them out after that hehe. And waking up with smell of baby hair in your nose... Ah so nice!

And since I will be breastfeeding, I can respond quicker to her in the night
happy.gif

Hi fantasy,
Am opting for 1 bedded room... But it really depends on the number of births on the particular day... If all the 1 bedded rooms r fully occupied then they will arrange the next best alternative for u....

Tks pink bunny for the advise! Yes.. Taking it slow & steady...

Tks lotusmum, will go check it out.. How is ur experience with flashcards?

Ms tan, great shots!!! I like the 1st photo best.
Am seeing my gynae every 2 weeks from 28 weeks onwards... Looking forward to tis sat visit.
happy.gif

pinkbunny: hahaha!! I was thinking more like "flasher" type.. LOL!! I dont wear PJ so must ask in detail, so wont buy wrong type mah.. hehe!! :p

Ahh icic.. thanks for your view! Think I will research into multi functional baby cot..

sunny: Ahh I see.. which brand of baby cot did you get?

Im looking at this Bon Bebe Rocio 4-in-1 Baby Cot, looks quite nice, $300++.. can be used as baby cot, playpen, sofa bed and junior starter bed..

Ms tan, my bb also hiccups couple of times a day. No worries ba
happy.gif
hee...

Aiyo tummy getting bigger n bigger each day, lesser space for bb to move Liao. Starts to experience bb kicks ard my ribcage. Pain pain pain...

Re: disposable maternity panties, aldy bought two pkts frm John little... Cloth type still washable. After prob. 2weeks will start wearing bk normal cotton panties. Prefer high cut one so that can "tighten" the loose tummy hee...

Pedi/mani, any mummies still go for regular pedi/mani? Haven done it for so long aldy. Wanna get rid of dead skin ard heels badly.

Pinkbunny, will u be getting a new cot for ur #2? Was tinking of getting a new bed for my #1 and convert bk his old bed to cot but heard frm my Sis, the parts will b loosen so kind of dangerous with unstable bed for bb. Dunno now hw wor, buy another bed ard $300+ again? Hmmmm...

SG: nope never.. dont wanna risk it, especially those manicure places are not well ventilated.. wont wanna risk my baby's health. maybe u can just go for a foot scrub during non-peak period, or go to home salon?
happy.gif
just a suggestion!

ms tan
(this was in the long post that disappeared after i typed and typed and typed. sigh). i also get baby hiccups. and long lazy stretches, and sharp bruce lee jabs. it's ok, don't worry.

SG
hehe now that i cannot reach my toes and don't trust my husband to cut my nails, i have 'no choice' but to go for pedi! plus the massage is so shiok :D

but must go to one that you know is clean la. i won't go to those dingy kind

nope. #2 will be using #1's old cot and old playpen. #1 only slept in her cot for about a year, then graduated to normal adult single bed, and now she's super happy in her 'high bed' from ikea. this one: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/tools/childrens_ikea_rooms_ideas/#/20111_chrs08a_01 she LOVES it

Hi Hopeful,

nope...but i noticed sometimes is ok sometime is bad for my case.
any mummies experience the following:
recently i oso noticed my feet start to swell especially my left feet.
and it getting harder to sleep at night (though i'm already sleeping on my left).
Will feel stomach pain (not contraction)but those very tight feeling. maybe bb pressing against my tummy or maybe cos bb is still in breech position.cos i dun experience any pain in my rib.
tmr will be seeing gyne and shall know bb's position..pray hard bb will turn...

Cayden's mummy/ pinkbunny, have been trying not to go but recently really can't stand my toes nails n dead skin. Haha maybe can go during non peak period ba. Will choose a "decent" one haha

Pinkbunny, I have been thinking of buying adult single bed for my #1. but dunno if I readjust his bed to cot will b unstable or not... Hmmm

Pinkbunny, hw much is the high bed frm
Ikea? Looks so cosy... But my boy very "pai kun" dunno will toss n turn then fall off frm the bed ornt. :p

Hi mummies, not sure why..ytd after wrk jus shop less than an hour at isetan w hubby..n my tailbone n pelvic bone started to feel pain so much..:S i hav to walk so slowly..n in the end we took cab home. Wonder if this weekend how can I manage to visit this biggest mother n baby fair
sad.gif
hope they provide some benches for us to rest..

SG- I want to go for pedi too! But have been stopping myself by using scrub on feet. Have to hike foot up on a water pipe in my shower to get at it!
Haven't bought maternity disposable panties yet. Have to find time to go down to JL.

SG: my boy has been sleeping on single bed since he was 2 plus. Has been ok as long as line the wall with pillows and use safety rail. If your boy still wakes up at night, better not buy high bed as it will be troublesome. My boy wakes up at least once to go toilet so we cannot buy high bed for him.

Ms tan, I think can only ask your baby to shift position as probably pressing on some nerve. When I had butt pain, although stretching helped, the pain didn't go away. It was difficult to walk too!

Twinkystar: I miss eating half boiled eggs from ya kun! I think the more risky thing is getting salmonella or food poisoning from bacteria. Would be bad right after giving birth! Better to hold off bah.

Cayden's mummy, i plan to deliver at glen e, unless (touch wood) any complications then will ask to be sent to KK. My c-sect is scheduled at end of Mar (wk37), now talking to my babies everyday to be patient and don't come out too early
happy.gif
now only wk32. I bought 2 of those Bonbebe Rocio 4-in-1 cots for my twins, ya i like the idea of converting to junior beds when they grow up. Plus it's made of natural wood, untreated, so supposedly doesn't contain any harmful chemical/paint. If you are not in a hurry, you can wait for next Takashimaya sale, bought mine at $399 incl fibrelux mattress, bedding set, and an foc munchkin diaper caddy. Not sure when they will have that though. You can also check Taka baby fair which i heard will be in mar (?)

Good morning mommies!

Most of us have passed week 30 already, 7 weeks to go to full term. I can't wait to hold my baby.

Mani/Pedi
Do take note that the hospital will ask us to remove and polishes so it'll be good not to do gel/arcylic.

Playpen/Mattress
If we get a playpen, do we need a mattress or can we use a comforter as a "mattress"? If mattress is needed, does BabySafe carry mattresses of diff sizes? I'll probably get their latex one for the playpen.

Maternity leave
Would like to know for FTWM, at which week do you intend to start your maternity leave?

Littledd
I did get a mattress for the playpen.. seems more comfy. haha. I believe babysafe do have different sizes.

Maternity leave
I'm thinking to take 1 day off per week to break the week up. Wondering if this can be done..

El, same here. I did once pedi during #1 pregnancy coz it's my best fren 's wedding so the jie mei did pedi together. This time round, I also trying my best nt to go.. Did my own foot scrub but nw really can't bend down le, gt to squat so xin ku. Will be going for just one last time of pedi before deliver ba.

El, yah he will still wake up at night... So I guess I will go for a lower bed to play safe ba
happy.gif
but dunno if I get him new bed n pass his old one to #2, will he gets upset that didi uses his bed? Maybe I tink too much but my #1 is those very jealous kind dun like me to carry little kids.

Hi Fantasy,

Will be opting for 4 bedded, saving money as this little one is unplanned! Need to save more money for future needs..
happy.gif

By the way Mummies, are we allow to eat Otah? Heard that we shouldn't take it as it contains mercury?

LittleDd: Babysafe does carry playpen size latex mattress. Most prob I'm getting d playpen size during the BabyCare Fair.

EL: my bb head already dwn thats why I feeling the pressure . So for her head not fully engage yet according to gynae. Every step I move can feel abit pain in the muscle..bone :/ ... Counting dwn liao tink 7 weeks more to go.. ?

shuhui> actually mecury from such fishes are quite little one. mrs wong boh boi said even for sharks' fin, u need to take 40 bowls of sharks fin at one go, to have any mercury impact. so unless u intend to eat 40 otahs everyday, a few here and there shldnt have any impact.

SG - Maybe if you choose the new bed with him, he will accept it? Better to try to get him to adapt to new bed as early as possible before new baby arrives.

High 5, baby head down but not engaged at last 30 weeks visit..thus feeling some strain on the pelvic muscles when walking or turning..

For maternity leave, I was filling up the form n it says remaining maternity leave have to be taken in blocks of 1 week each as mandated by MOM? But I think if u wanna break it into days, it can be done via undertable arrangement with hr or line mgr?

hi mummies who have breastfed successfully previously, either tbf or partial.

i understand that Mrs Wong say to latch not longer than 15-20mins each breast right? did you gals really adhere to that? I did and my elder girl didnt get enough (i can see she is so comfortable sucking that she dozes off most times) so end up i give FM to supplement. cos if i put her down after 15-20mins on each side of latching, she will cry.

i'm asking bcos my sis told me that she just latch and latch until baby stop himself. And for all of her 3 pregnancies, she have super lots of supply of BM. So this time round, wondering if I should be like her, to let bb latch on for as long until he is satisfied.

any advises on this?

Hi lilcactus: I'm not experience mummy but feel that shld feed baby till he stop himself.. He knows his tummy best right? He won't overfeed himself also.. Hehe. At least with continual latching ur breast will keep producing more milk..

Ashley: thanks! I'll b heading down to this mother & baby fair this sat if can find will maybe buy there.. Hee!

My edd is April 5th and I will be taking maternity leave from 3rd week of march onwards.. Muz rest also..

SG
I never thought about it actually
happy.gif
but I think should be ok ba. We only lowered the cot once, from ‘baby’ height’ to ‘toddler’ height. Then put to store room liao, but now just will raise back to ‘baby’ height. Should be ok la.

About small kids on single beds: actually I read that they feel more secure in small beds cos adult single beds are too roomy, then they are not snug snug in a little space that’s proportionate to their bodies. We were very very lucky that she was ok sleeping on the single bed on her own and never needed a sleep guard/rail thing. But better get one if you say your boy rolls around alot

The high bed from ikea add up in total is about $400+ I think. Cos also must get mattress and we got the canopy. We simply used the mattress from the old mattress to put under. Now we read under and sometimes I nap there too hehe. Actually it’s safe cos she’s very good at climbing up and down, and she knows she goes up at bedtime and can only come down when the sun is shining. Because of the high sides and the canopy, I don’t worry about her falling off. Another mummy here has it for her 3 year old too, right?

Re #1 being jealous: a friend of mine did this to her #1. she kept praising him whenever he did anything for his meimei, saying ‘wah what a good gege you are, what a big boy!’, and that got him very proud to do things for meimei and he was happy to be a gege. It will be hard but we got to try very hard to not always be with baby and neglect our #1s.

Ms tan
It’s like that one…. We will start to feel more aches and pains cos baby is growing and growing! Try to rest as much as poss ok?

Twinkystar
Actually my gynae advises to stay away from all uncooked/half cooked food.

littleDD
please don’t use comforter or blankets or pillows. Very dangerous cos if they become loose in the nights, they can get onto babies and obstruct airways

Maternity leave
Last time what I did was to start ML 2 weeks before EDD to have some me time like go for massages and shopping etc. then when I went back to work, I worked for only 4 days a week cos I took 10 Mondays off in a row. Technically it’s ok, but also depends on your direct boss and company – they can be mean if they want to.

Lil cactus
I think all babies are diff, and some drink faster than others. My girl also took her time. I think we are supposed to try to wake them up if we know that they have not had enough. But in the beginning, both mum and baby are new at it so just give it time for everything to stabilize I suppose. Getting the hang of feeding in a comfortable manner is also important.

oh one more thing. tiong bahru market also sells those button down front pajamas. got to search to find those that are comfy and not 'scratchy' cotton. $10-$12 per set. short sleeves, long pants

my back is hurting more and more now. my physiotherapist recommended that i get a massage gel with no medication. managed to find this one at brown rice paradise if anyone is also looking: the brand is WELEDA and it is called "massage balm with arnica". it's $16 for 50ml bottle. i found it to be quite reasonably priced for a natural product (you know how expensive these things can get!) i love how my room smelt like a massage room after :D

lilcactus
i do time it, but also observe how the bb suckle to make sure that bb doesn't sleep on the breast and just did comfort sucking. if the bb just treats our breast as pacifier, you can latch the bb very long time, and bb still didn't get enough milk.
so, for me, I will check if bb is sucking well, and whether my breast is still full after the feed.
happy.gif

Dear mummies,

Just want to hear from you all regarding travelling during the 3rd trimester.. I intend to travel on my hubby's flt to paris and im into my 33week..

what are ur views and has anyone tried air travelling before?

Shertam
I think 30 weeks is the maximum. Third tri usually gynae would not advise to travel

I did long haul trip in my 6th month and it was very umcomfortable on flight home

Nyny
Hehe yup agree. Sometimes baby just watch to latch on for comfort. Presenting, "mummy" or aka "the human pacifier"!!

Most airlines do not allow you to board after 35 weeks.. Above 32 weeks and below 35 weeks need a doctor's cert confirming you are fit to travel. So you have to calculate and see if you will exceed 35 weeks when returning to SG. I think it's pretty risky to travel at third tri.. Not to mention the discomfort.. JMHO
happy.gif

Shertam - I think you have to check with the airline on what their requirements are. At the minimum will need a doctor's certificate to fly. I went overseas during CNY. When I asked my gynae he said can only fly before 14 Feb and not after and he gave me doctor's cert to fly before that. I am 33 weeks this week too!

yeah! Gyne said bb's head had finally turned down( he been in breech position the last 2 visit).
But gyne said hopefully he wun turn back. I in my week 32 this week.
Still have chances for bb to turn back? do anyone know? and my gyne din measure my bb weight this visit? she said no need measure every visit. can measure next visit ( 34 weeks den) & do vaginal coulture...(i hate that!)
Is that the same case for all of you?

Hi lilcactus: i first time mummy so went for the mount A prenatal class. Was taught to allow bb to suckle until he is satisfied(avg 20-30min) cos our milk contain foremilk & hindmilk). foremilk is mostly water & hindmilk is fat which will make the bb full. so is best to let bb latch till he got the hindmilk.
but if bb fell asleep while latching, gently stroke his cheek to wake him up.
the breast should feel empty after BF if bb really drank the milk.

hi pinkbunny: where is brown rice paradise?

lastly to those BF mummies/experience with breast pump.
i got a single electric avent pump during the last fair. but now as i tinking whether to continue pumping when back to work, i thinking whether to get medela PIS.
Did anyone used this 2 pump before and how the feedback?

Fantasy: I have a Medela PISA. Worth investing in dual pump if you intend to breastfeed for more than 6 mths or pump after returning to work. Single pumps are too time consuming.
Brown rice paradise is an organic shop at Tanglin mall.

pinkbunny
ya, it can be very frustrated when bb treats us as human pacifier. haha...

fantasy
i am using medala PIS. it only took 10-15 min to empty the breast. That's why I could afford to pump 2-3 times during office hours at my previous work place. It's really a good pump.

El, yah shld let my #1 adapt the new bed he gonna choose else surely sleepless nite
happy.gif

Pinkbunny, maybe I try to get my hubby adjust back to cot n
Try shaking it if it's stable. Coz my #1 has been sleeping on it since birth. He likes to jumps on the bed leh Sikali loose Liao.

hi EI & sunny,

wah i'm so tempted to buy after hearing your positive feedback leh!
does it cause u any pain?
i got the avent single electric pump cos is cheaper and i dunno whether the milk supply will come in/whether i will be too tired/lazy to pump etc etc.
but at the same time, i thot a effecient pump may be motivating factor for me to pump..
aiyo in such a delimmna..
dunno whether shld i sell away my single avent electric pump (since is BN) and get the medela one.
hubby suggested me to try out with the avnet first during confinment and get the medela one if really keen...

Back