(2012/04) Apr 2012

ashley
yup you don't need to go all the way there to ask for help to clear engorgement. sometimes we can do it ourselves, and like what lilcactus says, your massage therapist can also help. the parentcraft team can help too.

i'm not sure if it works the same now, but last time what i did was to just call up the parentcraft centre and they just asked me to go down. i was there 3 times (i think) and it was almost always crowded. the team there was friendly and very helpful. they were great at putting me at ease.

Lilcactus, pinkbunny, oh ok so hopefully the massage lady can help to clear engorgement ya.. I wonder why my friend still asked someone else to come and clear out the blocked ducts, she said it was like man slaughter, she just pressed so hard it hurt her so much. I was so scared hearing her story.

Ok so if we come to tmc parentcraft, we may be assigned to other nurse right, only if lucky then can get mrs.wong to assist us
happy.gif

pinkbunny, oh its butt cramp...hmm tink bb's weight gained pressing our our nerves? SOmetimes i get groin pain..someware near thighs there. =(
nw 29 weeks nia, surely get worse later.

wah Eliz, 1.7kg at 30weeks is a good weight leh.
i hope my bb will gain more weight and mine remains unchanged which is impossible. wahahhaha

btw, any mummies engaging massage lady? I lost the contact no. for my previous massage lady...i tink her charges $45.00 per session.

SG
I asked gynae and he say its normal to have the groin pain.. told me to pop a panadol if i cannot take the pain.. if very very bad, then he will send me for physo.

Sunny
Gynae say on the big side wor.. 70 percenta.

ashley
well, not all massage therapists can clear ducts. actually i didn't have engorgement, but other boob related probs.

SG
i also lost my old massage lady! she injured her elbow and stopped work
sad.gif
boohoo. loved her

eliz
ya my gynae also say can take panadol. but it hurts every single day... cannot be everyday take panadol wor! will just tahan until cannot tahan lor. sigh

Pinkbunny, put heatpad ok mah? Nw I almost every night put heatpad on my hips leh...else can't even get up of the bed.

Do u intend to get Massage lady this time? I tink massage really do wonders, tummy slim faster ba. But my Sis nvr engage any for the second time also slim dwn quite fast. Tink coz sahm takes care of two kids with no Helper too tiring Liao. So slim dwn naturally
happy.gif

Hee hee, did not know 1.7kg for wk 30 is a gd wt for bb. Cos gynae did not say anything. So I m glad my bb is neither too big nor small. Glad that this time round from previous check (1mth ago), I only gained 1.1kg. Of which 700+g goes to bb. Finally not gaining so much wt.

i engaged another massage lady, didn't try her skill before. just got it from from friend who met this lady at the lift. :p if i remember correctly, her charges is $50 for 1hr.
my main purpose of getting massaged is to get rid of the wind in the tummy, not so much on slimming down. 'cos i guess through handling the kids myself and with breastfeeding, i am able to slim down quite fast bah. :D

When I went for gynae visit yesterday, gynae said that @30 weeks 1.7 kg or 1.8 kg is average weight for bb.

He said my baby is big! 2 kg! Sent me to do blood glucose test to check that no GD. Now I'm also worried abt whether can have natural birth. As I had c-section for #1, for #3 also considered VBAC. He said if baby estimated >3.6 kg would advise c-section cos danger of scar rupture is higher. For #2 I had natural delivery but she was only 3.3 kg.

Sigh. Cutting out all desserts now in hope that baby won't get too big. I prefer natural birth cos less painful recovery.

El: My gynae also told me my baby was big @ 24weeks, so sent me for glucose test. Yesterday went back to check the results @ 29weeks, glucose test cleared, but baby was still big, 1.8kg. But nothing to worry about since the GD shows that i am cleared. If baby continues to grow at 700g/800g per 4 weeks, by the time i reach 37week, i think she will be at least 3.3kg. Gasps...

Anyway, it's cheekieduckie here with another login! haha... Decided to change back to this nick cos the other account's PM isn't working very correctly somehow.

SG
Heat pack and those counterpain gels and salonpas don't really help. Boohoo. But I tried to sleep without elevating feet and so far it's less painful on butt when I wake up. Phew. But that may mean hello water retention soon. Aiyah.

Yup I intend to get a massage lady. Trying out a few for pre natal now to find someone I'm comfy with.

Nyny
Picked someone up in lift! Hehe like that also can? Sounds like love at first sight?
happy.gif

SG and nyny
Since we're kinda in same situation (soon-to-be mum of 2, sans helper), I was just wondering: what do you intend to do with #1 when you BF? I remember feeling very sleepy when BFing #1, like always drifting off to sleep. so I wonder how much I can tahan staying up to read/talk to #1 while I BF #2. My #1 is fine to do some colouring or reading on her own if I need to do stuff but I'm guessing she'll want to be part of the "BF action" when it's happening as well!

Slimming down: I agree with you girls. Taking care of both on my own would prob play a part in helping me lose weight! Actually that's my only reason for not wanting to have baby room in with me at hospital. Cos that's the only time I'll have to recoup and recharge and rest. If I don't do it then, then by the time I get home, I'll be all alone and the only time I can get a real rest is when.... Lil Miss is sleeping thru (and if she follows jiejie, then that'll be about 6 weeks).

Oh btw need to share this with you all, mummies. For those who are intending to deliver at Mt A: certain parts are under reno now! We brought our #1 there 2 weekends ago to look at the nursery and it's quite a lot of work going on. Not sure if it'll be completed by the time we're due but personally, I am doubtful. So have changed to deliver at TMC instead. And can be near to mrs wong in case I need her help! Haha

Hi hi to cheeky turtle
happy.gif

700-800g a week? Thanks for sharing that, I was just wondering. I never gave it much thought cos baby at 29.5 weeks is 1.4kg, and gynae said it's pretty avergae so I just left it at that. But it does seem like she is one of the more petite ones here!

annah> if i dont remmber wrongly, the extra charges is for dr, as long as you dont deliver at the normal working hrs of ur gynae, there will be charges.

morning mummies!

wow, i envy those mummies whose bb's estimated weight is like 1.8kg leh. mine was 1.4kg at week 29 only. at this rate, bb wont be like his sister, where her birth weight was 3.2kg. i love babies above 3kg, cos chubbier and so nice to cuddle. lately been drinking lots of fresh milk to see if it helps bb to absorb more nutrients.

pinkbunny, i'm also going to be mom of 2 but my #1 is going sch on weekdays, and I will be having a CL to help, so I guess i'm luckier.

Re massage lady, I engaged one when I delivered my #1. She was excellent. Initially intended to engage her again this round, but its real ex leh. $700 for 10 sessions. Then I saw the bp there, there is this massage lady called hui ling who advertised. She only costs $480 for 10 sessions! Such a big diff ya! Anyone tried her anot? For the rest, you might want to check out her thread.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/6630166.html?1328576633

Lilcactus
My #1 goes to sch too! But 3 hours only. And no CL! Bracing up for busy times!

Our #1s were about same weight (mine was 3.12kg) and our #2s also! 1.4kg at 29 weeks. Agree with you, bigger babies (at birth) are more hardy somehow. Not "neng neng" (soft and fragile) like that hehe

Blue turtle: u get ur glucose result the next day? I took mine last sat.. Till today my clinic haven call me.. Keeping my finger crossed
happy.gif
do not wish to go on medication if kena GD
sad.gif
nex week will b my turn to see gynae again. U see gynae twice a mth now or still once a mth?

Ahnah
Dun forget there's also the PD & Anesthetist charges as well...

Any mummies at 32 weeks? How big is bb now? Am at 32 weeks and seeing Gynae this Fri. Wonder if bb has put on. My weight gain is quite minimal in the past 1 mth. Strange how I put on very fast in the 1st 2 tri but once hit 3rd tri, it slowed down. Hope bb is absorbing my stored fats. Prev checkup gynae was saying bb will b 3kg at most... But am hoping that she can cross 3 kg at least hahaa

odiey: My weight gain also slowed down once hit 3rd trimester (coming to 30 weeks). I start puking if I overeat and worry if baby is absorbing all the nutrients. Will b checking with gynae tmr. Hoping baby will cross 3kg as #1 is only 2.55kg when born. Praying hard..

Hi ahNah, hw do u choose e good dates for yr delivery ? U got some masters to calculate for u or ?

If so, any gd fengshui masters to recommend in advising good dates n counting bb's name ?

Thx !

hi mummies, i am back from the check up... baby weight is 1.3kg at 30 weeks, average i think. i too, hope baby will cross the 3kg line.

gynae is fine with the weight and has given me 3 dates to choose for my c-sect as my #1 is also c-sect.

i will be finding 'dong long zheng' the geomancer for a good time and the chinese name. we used him for my #1 too. he charge $88 for names. appeared on TV too.

when gynae asked me to choose a date and let him know the next visit so that he can book the room and OT for me, i sudden feel so shocked!

cant imagine this day is drawing nearer and nearer. a bit scare.. heehee!

pinkbunny, apparently i will be doing my confinement at my mum's place while #1 will be at my MIL's. Very poor thing but no choice coz my #1 is a very active boy and attention seeker. Everyone in the family agrees that i shld do my confinement at my mum's place coz i won't be able to handle both kids at a time without any helper. Imagine still need to breastfeed #2, then #1 will come n "disturb" kpo...hw to handle man? But will get my hubby to fetch #1 back during weekends at least he won't feel neglected.
will go bk to my place after confinement n hopefully my BF can be be stable then...my #1 only goes to school for 2 hours..really hope i can take the opportunity to do alot of housework, like cooking lunch, wash laundry / clean the house etc before he comes home and also pray hard that my #2 will co-operate and sleep during that 2 hrs haha...say like easy nia. how har? sigh....

pinkbunny
my friend who met this massage lady gv me her contact. haha... i didn't see her in person yet. :p
this is my #3 le. last time when i had my #2, i still read storybooks and do art & craft with my #1 when i bf. my #1 is a gal and easy to handle type.
When #3 is born, my plan is to let #1 help me to handle #2. Both of them are quite independent already, can dress/undress themselves, #1 can help #2 shower/brush teeth, read story books to #2, etc. I just need to use eye and mouth power to supervise. keke...
During weekend, probably will ask hb to bring them out for activities so that I can pay more attention to #1 during confinement.
Now, I just pray that when #3 is born, his health is ok and it's not like what scan results has shown...

Lilcactus, yes bring #1 to school is also my another concern...thats why bor bian got to let him stay with my #1. Hope he won't feel neglected. another 3-4mths after confinement then all can moved bk to house again liao. Pinkbunny, who can help u with that? neighbour ok?

sunny, how old is your #1 & #2? u alone take care of 3 ah? salute!! must learn from u liao...

In general, i feel that #1 is a girl is really much better to handle coz they are more obedient and very helpful when mummy got #2. My sis's #1 also girl, 3 years gap...she's helping my sis like playing/entertaining with #1 etc while my sis does her housewrk, like very co-operative.
=) so nice...

SG
my 2 kids are 6 and 4 this year. i am working as part time now and contract ends after i deliver. For #3, i am not too sure if i will go back to workforce or not, depending on his health condition.
my #1 is a gal and I must say she's been a good gal all the while. :D

SG
my 2 kids are 6 and 4 this year. i am working as part time now and contract ends after i deliver. For #3, i am not too sure if i will go back to workforce or not, depending on his health condition.
my #1 is a gal and I must say she's been a good gal all the while. :D

sunny, wah 6 and 4 ...all can take care of themselves liao. so nice =) so somebody is helping to look after them while u work part time now? yah...#1 is a gal, usually very good gal de. my #1 coming to 3yrs old...still need alot of attention and create lots of work for me...like pouring water on the floor, tearing tissue paper etc...headache haha mischievious boy.

pinkbunny,
looks like i am similar to you. gonna be handling baby and #1 by myself w/o CL. Thankfully my parents live very close to me and #1 will be in school for about 3-4 hours so that will give me time to bond with baby and hopefully rest too! =) in fact i am thinking if i will end up expressing more instead of direct latch with #2..=P

SG
I like the way you say “apparently I will be doing my confinement at my mum’s place” hehe. Like you kena forced into it like that!! Oh yes, #1 will come and disturb and kaypoh for sure!! But also good la, can enjoy quality bonding with #2. I worry that I won’t have that cos #1 will be demanding for attention. Sigh, but also not her fault cos she’s also a little girl. But then also not fair to #2. here’s yet another moment I’m wishing for a clone!

Does your #1 take the school bus? If so, then got slightly more time right? Wah I thought my girl go for 3-hour school, I already got very little time to do things, but yours only 2 hours! Gulp. But I’ve found that having less time actually makes me more productive. During that time do a lot of things! Squeeze in some work, hang laundry, do dishes, go grocery shopping/marketing, have lunch, make prep for dinner…

LOL at your boy and his mischievious acts!

Lilcactus
She’s on school bus so I just have to go downstairs and cross the road with baby in ergo. Hopefully hubby can help for the first 2 weeks, or my neighbour, who is also bringing confinement food for me. Thank goodness for them!!

Nyny
How to do craft when you are BFing!!! Wah you are champion. I remember working at comp and typing while BFing but that’s quite diff la hehe. No need communication. My little girl is ok to shower on her own and dress herself but use mouth power to supervise ah…. Sometimes she will answer me “Mama, I am ignoring you! I cannot hear you!”. Wah biang. So usually must use eye power

Haru
High five! Let’s all rally together and OMMMMM together like what those yoga classes teach! Jia you jia you, we can do it!!! actually latching is much faster than expressing, no? and lesser things to do after also. No washing up and sterilizing etc. and I cannot stress it more: my back cannot tahan carrying all of #1 + #2’s apparatus when we go out next time! So I am determined to BF so don’t need to bring bottles and water and powder for #1! Just diaper, change of clothes, changing mat, wipes and out of the house in 10 mins (can dream la, hor? Hehe)

Vonvon
Ya hor, suddenly sounds so fast!!!! Argh!!!

Pinkbunny, coz like poor thing mah to send my #1 away while I take care of #2. but really no choice lor hope he won't blame mummy. Yah normally #1 will want alot of attetikn during 1st few mths coz like competitive. My fren told me her #1 was totally unusual n disobedient during her confinement making her very stressed n depressed. Hope ours won't b tat bad huh.

Tink 1st two weeks better dun walk too
Much ba, it will b gd if yr hubby or neighbor can help u.

Oh yah, no nid sch bus wor.. Few blks away nia, walking distance. Haha must plan nicely n squeeze in all the tasks to complete within two hrs. Yr #1 nursery one har? I enrolled my #1 to playgroup act. He's turning three by rite can join N1 hor? See nx yr hw ba.
happy.gif

yup, born in 2008 should be Nursery. is the place he is in considered childcare? cos if it's a 'school' then they usually consider it pre-nursery, nursery, K1, then K2.

no la, he won't blame mummy la. he's close to your MIL?

ya, hubby is trying to take a break from work to help but not sure if can. keeping fingers crossed!

Hi all, biggest mother & baby fair coming..on 24 till 26 .. Free admission! Expo hall 3A, from 11am to 9pm . Anyone going? I hav not go to any baby fair yet but tink I will not miss this one.. Jus worry too crowded..so difficult to walk around with a big tummy
happy.gif
kekeke!

Ms Tan: I'll be heading down to this fair most prob on Fri afternoon to avoid the weekend crowd
happy.gif
Another Baby fair is nxt week at Expo but din hear much.

Ms Tan: i'll be going to both baby expo & baby fair to do some last min shopping e.g sterilier & mattress for baby cot
happy.gif

Pinkbunny, my boy borned in 2009 feb wor gt mummy tells me I shld send him to nursery one instead of playgroup. Anyway already sent n he's adapting well so shall stick to it ba. Eh, quite close to mil ba... But these days he's very very sticky to me.. Keep calling me n ask me dun work so poor thing. Listen Liao heart pain..

SG
when i am working, my mil helps to take care of them. they are going to half day childcare in the morning.

pinkbunny
one hand bf, and one hand helps them to cut the paper or put the glue. haha... but most of the time, just guiding them lah.

Wah.. a lot of mommies already taken week 29 onwards check up. Mine's this Friday at 29.5 weeks. My bb was previously only 780g at 24 weeks. So tiny
sad.gif

Quick Q, for mommies who have breast fed before, if milk is extremely minimal for the first few days - weeks, do we still need to supplement with FM? Is it a must to prevent bb from starving? I really really want my bb to be on full BM but just afraid it may not be sufficient.

pinkbunny,
ya latch on easier coz no need to wash and prepare anything. but if express then no need to be "present" during feeding time so that means I can bath, put #1 to bed, etc...guess will do a lil of both. anyway, my #1 was bf directly till she was 2.5 so she is used to it. =) Ooommmmmm...

LittleDd, babies need very little food in the first few days. In fact, for normal full term babies with no complications, they can last like 3 to 5 days without intake. Most mummies will have some milk coming in by then.
You need to shut your ears off to well meaning people around trying to coax you into giving FM. It's really up to you.
That said, you need to monitor the baby to make sure he/she is alert and healthy. All the meconium, black charcoal look alike poo should come clear by a week, else it might be a sign that baby needs supplement feeds. If baby is down with very serious jaundice or other conditions, doc might suggest to supplement with FM first also.

Yay miss tan
Congrats on passing your glucose test!!

Nyny
You are amazing. One hand bf, the other hand do craft. I think my brain cannot manage so many things hahahaha.

SG
Awww your boy is so sweet, calling to tell you not to work so hard!!

Haru
I’ll do both! Latch on most of the time, and pump in the night when she sleeps thru. Then hubby can help to feed too
happy.gif
will try not to have nipple confusion. I’m also a bit selfish la. I love the BF bonding!! Hey you better not exert yourself too much in the beginning few weeks hor, like carrying #1 for bath etc. must rest rest ok!

LittleDD
Breastmilk is based on demand and supply theory. The more we feed, the more we’ll get. Your baby needs very little in the first few days. If you are determined to fully breastfeed, don’t let the nurses/MIL/mum/any other kaypoh auntie tell you your breastmilk is not enough and you must supplement with formula. It can be done. Also, the earlier you breastfeed, the faster it takes for milk to come in.

Just to share that my moment of crumbling was on day 2 after my daughter was born: nurses came to tell me that she was crying and hungry. They specifically said “you have no milk yet, want us to give her some formula? She’s hungry leh”. My head knew that newborns can survive for a while without anything (water, formula etc) but my heart just heard “YOUR BABY IS HUNGRY, WHAT KIND OF MOTHER ARE YOU TO STARVE HER?”. So I caved. My supply only came in on day 5. partly cos I didn’t latch on as much as I should have. This time, I will! (and I managed to breastfeed for 16.5 months until she self weaned)

Back