(2012/04) Apr 2012

tangerinez, good to see you here back in the forum! hope all is fine! FIGHTING!

haha, for Kyan, my hubby thought of this name, while pooing on the toilet bowl! hahaha!

Ni, thanks! Glad that Kylie is well too! Walk really slowly from now on... Hee..

U shd tell Kyan one day, how his name came about! Haha...

Ni / tangerinez, it's good to see both of you here, relax and go slow. However, I'm freaking over your incidents!!!! doing my detailed scan this Fri.

Ni, won't your boy want the K to himself?

You may try here for names:
http://www.babycenter.com.sg/babyname/results/details/?_requestid=4586604

I confirmed my girl's name after I checked this site for the meaning of my name and her name.

No luck for HB's name, I should say, nothing interesting for his.

I want something short and easy to write, especially useful during exam/ application filling time. Imagine, my name was Koh Cheng Ying Annissa (Xu Qianyun), I'm always write till xiao!!! I got a deed poll done to take away my hanyu pinyin. My girl is simple, Anya Sim Ke Yu. Hope I can keep the name Will Sim xx xx for my to be no.2.

I would think Chinese name best to wait till after birth to go by the sheng cheng ba zi.

meinme

My gal's name even shorter: Megan Seah 佘美恩
hahaha!

so #2 shall be "handsome" - Keagan Seah 佘俊恩

hahahaa!

hey mummies, how do i go about registering for Mrs Wong's class?

Talking about names. My hubby is A so both my twins will be A as i have no christian name.
They will be Amelyn & ALyssa!!1

my girl will be Kee Emma. =)

honestly... i aso freaking over the incidents.. esp since i've decided not to do the detailed scan... all i can do now is to cross my fingers..

meinme, my elder boy has no say! haha, he wun know at this age :p his name is pretty short and Sweet! Kyan Tan, with a chinese translation of Kai En.

Eliz, that is short, easier for them.

ni, that is a good one. Probably, my girl is bigger so she knows how to bargain!!!

ginger, Emma is a nice name. I've chickened out, arranged detailed scan on this Fri.

Meinme, I'm so sorry! I actually did make a conscious note to update you gals in fb only after most if not all mummies have cleared their detailed scan. I know by your nick that you've not done yours BUT I didn't know you are Annissa. Always thought you are not in fb. So sorry to cause you distress!
sad.gif

Meinme and gingerbreadger: dun worry, there can only be so many 'sway' cases in one group and I've taken up that quota, so not to worry!! Your little ones will be perfect!! Have faith!
happy.gif

ginger, no worry, have faith in Dr Lee. I find him very experienced and I feel he can "detect" anything abnormal during our normal review. My friend had been with him for 3 pregnancies, she didn't do detailed scan, all went well, no.3 due in Jan.

tangerinez, no worry, I was on the fence for a while and decided to confirm my appointment only early this week then I saw your posting. I think is good to know it early and we can do the necessary preparation before the little one's arrival. I'm fine, I believe that we have came this far, we'll brave through to the end.

Toking abt names.. I find it harder to come to terms with my hubby.. Been going thru names after names and finally decided to name #2 Rayden as #1 is Brayden. So it is minus the "B"..

My sis is saying if my 3rd one is a boy, m I going to reduce another alphabet to be Ayden.. I told her yes.. Lol

For Chinese name, will have to go let shifu calculate..

Now just have to think of saint name. Headache..

our generation we will be choosing chinese name with 'en' in it!

my girl will be 佳恩.

Eliz: i have also chosen 俊恩 if i am having a boy!

Talking abt names, neither me nor my hubby have come up with a name for our #3 yet! For #1 we decided on the name really quickly. For #2 a little more slowly and now for #3, we are totally clueless!

MeinMe- Don't worry abt the detailed scan. Sometimes there are also false positive results. For my #1, the sonographer said that he had something wrong with his right kidney so we worried all the way until he was born. After he was born, we checked and his kidneys were fine!

The chinese name still easy, let the Ba Zi master decide... it is the "the other name" aka Christian Name that is difficult to think

EL, I know because I did detailed scan for my no.1 at 32wk and 36wk, she still came out with a hole in her upper left chamber (which is common and will seal up after 6mths), only discovered on day 2. I was very skeptical about detailed scan this time, also my this gynae is not pro to detailed scan. He was telling me about why do I want to worry till delivery when we know the result. Since I've made the appointment, I'll just go.

Hihi,
talking about name.
My first girl's name is Faith Oh 胡颖暄
We looking for a name for my 2nd princess that has "LOVE" in it.
So we settling for Lovelle Oh.
Especially when Faith can pronounce her meimei's name so nicely =)

Now still thinking of the chinese name for #2. Time to bring out my red colour O levels dictionary to check meaning..
keke..
Have fun all.

again on detailed scans: most gynaes are not trained to do it or their machines are just not clear enough so it will be better off going to specially trained doctors (like Prof Ananda or the fetal assessment unit at TMC)

i don't want to sound like i am advocating detailed scans because i am just hoping to share the facts. yes, not all problems can be detected through detailed scans, but IF a problem is really detected, one can be prepared.

for example, if baby needs surgery, you can make an informed decision on downgrading from private hospital to KKH or NUH and selecting a ward that provides subsidies, otherwise the hospital bills will kill you.

you can also make plans for aftercare in advance such as not hiring a confinement lady.

or you can opt for c-sect instead of natural birth so as not to further stress the baby.

having said all these, MOST babies are born healthy, so dun worry about it too much. what will be, will be...
happy.gif

Hello all!

Haven't been posting much as I was on road trip in melb, but has been been silent reader... Now back melb city..

Just gotten my bb pram here and gg to lug it back to Perth... Got a baby jogger, city mini.

Talking abt names... Hb and I thot of 1 boy and gal name before we went for detailed scan and either way they will share the same initials for their Christian names.. A.J Tan .... Hehehe.. Sincere we r having a gal, she is gg to be named Ashley Joy Tan 陈恩. So now hopefully will be able to get a boy boy in the coming yrs so tt we can use the other name... Kekekekek

Tangerinez, thanks for the heads up on detailed scan. It's what I'm thinkg too, get ourselves prepared if situation do happened.

On a happy note, I went Robinson, got another pair of Itti & Otto low heels! I haven't wear the 2 pairs that I've bought the last round!

Ni: I have shortlisted the same name as you for my #2! haha... cos... we want a name that is as similar to the chinese name as possible.
#1 Chloe, Kaiyi
#2 Kylie, Kaili
haha... settled! Will still be on a look out for others... if anything interesting comes along.
Before knowing the gender, was sorta going for boy's name, Kyan (Kai En) or Calvin (Kai Wen). But no use now already. haha... unless got #3. wahahahahaha

i'm gg for my detailed scan at dr anan afterall!! i got a slot this friday at 3.30pm.

Meimin> wat time's urs? act i dint ask for dr anan. i went to the website and see.. and see that #06/07 oni has dr chin anankumar, so i presume its all done by him.

wow suddenly the thread is so lively! seems like the topic of the day is names? everyday i ask my hubby about the same name and everyday he say 'i don't know'. but i like it ALOT!!! our problem is that he is from a french speaking family and i of course am from english speaking family, so we need a name that works in both languages. so that either makes it easier... or harder for us!

tokkie
ashley joy! what a beautiful name!!

el
super sian. shops close at 5 usually but only cos it's december (shopping period) that's why they stay open till 9pm on weekdays. we were staying by ourselves in downtown for a week but now moved to stay with my MIL in ulu-ness so everything got to depend on her schedule so she can drive us. it's taken the independance out of me!!!

also cos eating out is so darn ex, we usually make it home for dinner.

at least got snow ah? if got, good loh. NO SNOW AT ALL!!!! just cold! and depressing haha

I am tinking to use Kaitlyn .
Still deciding :p
When to Mt A hospital tour ytd.. Ai yo the hospital is under construction now.. Did view all the different rooms.. N the delivery suits look like hi class hotel
proud.gif

Ms Tan: I also will be delivering at Mt A but haven't go for the hosp tour. Have booked their tour on 28/12. So how's the room? Decided to go for which type of rooms?

Yeah, the hosp is under major renovation... Hopefully the hosp could be ready by Apr'12.

Bubuya,the whole construction work will oni complete by end of 2012 lor..the ventilation at the cafe level is v poor ley.. The lady that leads the tour did mention part of the work will b done by nex few mths..n reassured us that they will try to minimize the noise n dust n all tat. .each couple was given a bag w magazines n freebies..after the tour..got complimentary drink. I tinking to tour Thomson too b4 deciding ley.

Ms Tan: yeah, will it be noisy in the ward? Did they assure that? If inside ward also affected, then how both mother & baby going to rest under such circumstances.

It's starting to worry me coz my gynae's clinic at Mt A and she only delivers there. Unless i change gynae, else i don't have other option.

I am not sure because from now till April still got 4mths to go..maybe most of the renov works hav done up. I will decide after a tour at Thomson Medical. Ive booked it on 17 Jan morn tour as I will be going to my gynea appointment in the afternoon on tat day.

Tangerinez, did ur doc recommend genetic scan or u request urself? My detail scan only coz $80

A little side note, the mummies in jan thread are starting to give birth. I hope it is our turn soon.

Just been to Mount A to visit my gf.. renovation ard but in the ward, cannot hear anything
happy.gif

Oh my, jan mummies are popping? so fast! i'm so not ready even though this is my 2nd.

For my case, I can't wait. How I wish my baby is full term already and I can pop anytime. 4 mths is too long for me, I just wish time can pass faster. Lol

I'm a weirdo

oh, quite scary... 4 mths away... i'm not ready yet, a lot of things haven't buy also... somemore need to move to new place end of Feb and my work schedule going to be very packed from Jan - Mar... so stress

mossie> u 1st time mum? or 2nd?

i'm first timer.. so quite scared of wat will happen.. aka THE PAIN!!! lol... i got v low threshold of pain... cause i dont get menses cramp and all.. so.. yeah. waiting for the drama.. lol..

Ms Tan
I'm a eurasian who married a chinese so i choose what to pantang. Even my FIL also leave me be. Always telling his relatives that coz i'm eurasian, i don't really have to follow chinese traditions. hahaha.

To me, weddings, full month etc are happy occasion so i not pantang. I only aviod "white occasions"
happy.gif

I'm a 2nd time mummy who thinks the pregnant journey is the worse part becoz of my ms. Suffered badly for both pregnancy. Now going 22 week still ms...-_-" I had very fast labour for no.1 although I was screaming hysterically in the labour ward, I'm actually quite looking forward to it. Lol

Now bz packing and moving hse, I did not take part in renov becoz I pantang. I will only pack my own stuffs and kitchen stuffs... Will leave the rest to my hubby. After cny, will have to go through 3 mths without hubby but it is ok, as I'm moving into my mum hse. I am also mentally prepared to go in the labour wars alone if my hubby is not bk in time, but I think I will complain like hell after that.

Ms Tan, I also visited my friend in hospital when I'm pregnant with no.1 and also went for their 1st mth. Actually, it all depends if I'm feeling well enough to attend the occasion. I will die die avoid funeral, renovation and travel becoz I mc before after I did those. I will eat the cakes if I'm very tempted.

bubuya, i think cannot hear the renovation works one. i just visited my gynae at mount A yesterday. his clinic is at level 2, i also cannot hear anything.

mossie, yes, my fren who is due in jan, is popping anytime! I also cannot wait to pop, however, the waking up in wee hours part turn me off. Hahah

Back