(2012/04) Apr 2012

Ethan_Ethel! Yes yes! My MIL just told me to use #1 urine and diaper cloth, to clean her tongue! Cos her tongue got those white white dunno what lar! OMG!
Another scary one, use a USED table cloth to clean the mouth if bb is drooling excessively! This apparently will stop the drooling!
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Ewwww!!! Cheekyduckie! That's so disgusting... I rather let baby drool. Will ur mil try it without ur presence? If spoken from my parents, I think they will do it behind my back.

I'm out! hahaha. Cannot imagine processing it. Unless i can pass to someone to process into capsule then i just take like medication. hahahaa.

Oh my, dirty table cloth?? I cannot take it. I also rather let baby drool!!

cheekyduckie
eczema is contagious? wow i didnt know that. yikes now i realise my #1's school, there's a boy who always seems to have bad eczema on his face.

wah last time i quite kut lat, washed her clothes separately for about a year, and nappies separately with napisan some more!!

older genereation really so kut lat. sweep and mop every morning! as #1 grew older, my frequency of sweeping and mopping became lesser and lesser haha. from april got to start again :S

babydragon
i'm going on 2 dec!

haha i heard of using table cloth too. grossssss!!!!!

hey can anyone recommend where to buy bras? i remember there was a shopping place that sells bras very cheap. was hoping to pick up some nursing bras there. though my friend who lives there says BKK is very sadly stocked with anything baby/mummy related. but i do remember i bought lots of carters stuff from mbk i think. one of the higher floors

breast shells
er got something to share. like babydragon i also thought if leak, might as well store, then baby can drink. don't waste right? but boobs don't get any air to breathe. and you know what happens to skin that is wet and doesn't breathe hor? i won't go into the visual effects la. after that i only used medela breast shells to collect the other side while pumping one side. rest of the time, just breastpads

meinme
yup bkk apparently is ok. central bangkok has been spared. floods didn't even get to central according to some friends who stay there. it's the northern portions where the farms are, and ayuthaya (spelling?) which is like 3 hours away

kinky mummy
haha i heard the same too! last time there was an article about the artiste cassandra see, she said she popped it in the oven and ate it like roast beef *green face me!!!*. i jokingly asked my gynae last time. he said 'i put in a plastic bag and give to you, want?'. he was clearly very disgusted! but wow your friend's hubby so sporting to do it!

Aisuhime: Mine also B shape leh. Why ah? Looking more like D shape slowly though. And my bump not very hard type machiam alot of fats only. I'm at 18.5 weeks now, having a girl! Supposed to go for detailed scan on 7th Dec at 20 weeks but I'll be overseas for work so gotta do on 14th Dec. I seem to be the latest to go for detailed scan liao.

imie: you feel like buffalo i feel like elephant liao lah.. i put on 12kgs!!! 10 during the first trimester liao. I had no MS, ate like siao also.

There's a baby fair? When where?! Goodness, I've not bought anything except clothes and mittens.

Eliz, me too! I can take the placenta as capsule, but I'm not going to process it. Duno how to do that and not going to do it too. I think I will faint.

Got any service in sg to do it? Kekekek...

Eliz - try googling Ucara Spa. The salon i always go to is at West Coast/Clementi area.
happy.gif

I tink we hav to watch our weight everymonth.. ..cannot put in too much kg as latr part will tends to increase ..my gynea says idea weight for the whole tremister is 12kg. After tat wan to slim dwn also easier.

is it true weigh will increase even faster when in 3rd trimester? me put on 6-7kg. also been eating a lot although i will to cut down food intake. sometimes i can eat 3 main meals (meaning w noodles/rice)! Terrible me!

I only know idea weight is 12kg ley.. Some frens of mine put on 15 kg..i tink still acceptable. I also notice sometimes is the weight of our baby and not us that put on much weight. In some pregnancy, baby did not put on alot of weight but mummy does..so I tink depends. Jus hope all nutritions goes to our baby that is the most impt !

Mummies, is safe to take 枸杞子? my cousin ask me mix with hot water and drink.. Will make baby skin nice and rosy
happy.gif

I am now on 18 weeks and put on 2.8kg. I also want to control my wheight increase this time.. target to increase not more than 10 kg!!!
Let's make it and jia you mummies.

My 1st one I put on 20kg and i realised very hard to get rid of the wheight.
I still keep about 7kg in my body from my 1st pregnancy.

Dwie, I think it should be safe to take 枸杞子

re placenta: i'm still thinking about it. even if i want to consume it, will not want to handle it myself. i heard there are shops (maybe chinese medical halls) where they will process into powder? anyone has any contacts?

my friend even said if i don't want, give mine to her! OMG!

re weight: so far i put on 2 to 3kg. sounds like quite little right? but the scary part is, all these weight are put on in the past 3 weeks! i cannot imagine what will happen for the rest of 20 weeks!

never heard of any side effects for 枸杞子 but everything must take moderately. ya the ideal weight is 10-12kg, but i have put on 18kg for my 1st pregnancy. keke. u must have the determination if you wan to slim down. 18kg - 5kg (baby weight and water retention) = 13kg to go. so this time round i am going to control, take more healthier food and snacks so that i wont hit the 18kg jackpot again!!

pinkbunny - might meet you there since i will be backed only on the 4th dec.

is the tummy obvious by now? most of the times nobody give up seat to me, either they dont feel like there is a need to or my tummy is too small (they might be wondering if i am fat or pregnant). Even though it is a reserved seat yet the person who doesnt seem to be needy does not give up the seat. So sad! Sometime i think some people are really selfish, even though i was pregnant, if i happen to see those elderly, i will also give up my seat if nobody is willing to offer, haix.

pinkbunny: yes. Eczema is contagious! That's what my sister told me lar! cos last time i very lazy one, i see towel i just grab and use lor! Den she warned me not to use hers! Cos will spread. So she has 2 towels! 1 to clean the not infected places, 1 to clean the infected places. And strictly no sharing of towels!

Think i posted this before...
Weight Gain Estimator
http://www.babycenter.com.sg/tools/weightgain/

It will use your current weight n height and do an estimation. The estimation will come with a breakdown of where the weight gain is.

Silvery_Gal: Yes... Weight gain will go up more in 3rd tri! Can be like 0.5 to 1 kg every 2 weeks kind.

Placenta: No... Not keeping or eating. Scary.

it's pretty normal (sad though)! i've been on bus rides wearing outfits that sreams "i am pregnant!" but the passengers can just stare at me blatantly. the bus wasn't even crowded - just that all the seats were taken up and i am the only standing passenger. yet everyone stares at me, sometimes at my tummy.

i can't possibly be mistaken for fat cos i'm skin and bones everywhere else except for the bulging tummy!

terrible people...

littledd, the next big scale baby fair:

BaBy BaBy 2011
Date: 2 - 4 December 2011
Time: 11.00am – 9.00pm (Friday & Saturday)
11.00am – 8.00pm (Sunday)
Venue: Suntec Singapore Hall 401

Thanks mummies for the advise. For my weight gain is 2-3kg but my cousin say will gain more during the last trimester. My tummy size not very obvious so far only 2 time people give me seat at the bus and mrt. My mil was saying how come they can see whereby she can't see at all. My gynae told me don't go compare the tummy size. Coz normally 1st time mummy will now show so fast

Re placenta, actually if I'm not the one processing it and I just see the end product as a capsule, i actually don't mind haha. Cos no side effects and skin will be good. I already hinted to my hubby how my colleague did it for his wife and whatsapp MeinMe's link to him, keke.

Re weight, in my 21st but gained 4-5kg which i tink its damned a lot. Only halfway thru n apparently later stage will gain more? I'm v vain and I cannot imagine gaining more than 10kg
sad.gif

Wow!! the thread is moving so fast..too busy to come online recently..

Talking about weight gain - oh no, i have already gain like 10kg and i am only half way thru the pregnancy..

Yea going for my detailed scan next monday..cant wait to see my twins..

LittleDd: I've not bought much too! Was telling hubby that I'm going to chiong next week's baby fair. Hahas

Weight gain
I've gained bout 5kg so far. Am afraid that gynae may say I am putting on weight too fast. Hahas

Hi,

I have following BRAND NEW items for sale:

1. Pigeon wipes with casing (x8): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

2. Tommee Tippee 0-3m Pacifier (x1): $4

3. Pigeon Milk Bottles (x2): $13 each
Wide Neck, Peristaltic Nipple, BPA Free, 240ml

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

Smoke / Pebbles, it's perfectly normal to gain more as you have 2 little one in you. We only have 1 leh. I've put on 1 kg between last week and this week. This sat gynae visit, hope he don't "kill" me!!!!

Amount of weight gain greatly depends on your pre-preggy status, if you are overweight, you should gain the minimum while if you are underweight, you can gain more during the pregnancy. Speak to gynae to find out what is the ideal range.

I've put on 18kg during my 1st. For this, I can stay around 13-16kg but ideally, gynae only wants 13kg.

Placenta processing, during my time (5 years ago), I went to medical hall to ask if they can powder for me, answer is a big NO. Subsequently, I did read that this service is available, but you need to pay like S$200-300. How to bring placenta home? prepare cooler bag and ice pack, they will put in ziplock bag, double bags for you.

Eliz, I did mine at Sunset Way - Ministry of Hair. They offer normal coloring and organic coloring. Organic coloring means they don't use amino in the ingredient.

MeinMe, den is it safe to rebond or curl our hair den? My face is in bad shape now n I tink doing my hair can make me feel better lol.

hmmmm, I've rebonded my hair in the 3rd tri, just before CNY for no.1. As long as don't touch the scalp is fine. Same for nails, all are dead cells, no worry.

Pepplestones, 5kg is ok ya...i m also put on 5kg so far. Jus keep in mind we must not over eat ..eat when is hungry n in moderation loh. Tink we can always consult gynea if we are unsure n if there is anything that is no norm in our progress..tey will advice us
happy.gif

Hi mummies, I have just completed my detailed scan today! Thankfully baby was cooperative and all measurements were taken within one scan! And I am expecting a princess! (#1 was a boy!) hubby was so happy that he can't believe it's for real! And I can officially start my shopping!

Ni, the confirmation comes at the right time!!!! Thanks Giving Sales!!!!

Just make sure you don't order closer to X'mas time, 2 years ago, I lost 1 pair of shoe, acknowledged receipt upon receiving at Bordelinx but is not in my parcel.

So many of you already in your 20-22 weeks!!! Me still at 18 weeks, damn xian.

Congrats ni!!! I'm having a princess too. Yeah, shopping can be horrendous. There's just too many pretty clothes for baby girls out there.

Thanks tangerinez and Eliz for the baby sale info. Gonna chiong also lah. Don't know chiong what also, have yet to finalise my baby items list. Hahaha!

yum_mum: colouring is safe if using organic method but no-no to rebonding/curling or other chemical treatments according to my gynae

All you mommies are horrible.. keep talking about weight gain without sparing a thought for my horrendous 12kg gain at only 18.5 weeks. Hahahahahaha! I tried the weight gain calculator, apparently I should only put on 15.4kgs according to my height (1.59m) and pre preggy weight (47kgs). Someone slap me pls =.=

Congrats ni!!

For weight gain, I already put on 5kg and I'm in my 18.5weeks. For #1, I put on 18kgs. Hope I will keep the gain to 15kg. Need to control diet.

Thanks for the info on baby fair. Will be heading down nxt
sat after gynae appt.

Tummy getting real big and it seems like I'm 6-7mths pregnant.. Back pain getting worse, making me walk v slow..

hi mummies, sometimes i just read wat you gals wrote and i think you all are so humurous!

lol at imie's slurping coca cola while typing she needs to control her weight haha..

i'm approaching week 19, gained about 3kg of weight but my tummy looks huge! i dunno how come that can be so.. haha

for rebonding, i actually rebonded my hair when i was preg with my #1, maybe early 2nd trim i think? and my #1 is fine la..

qiqi
My bump also looks like 6-7 months. Bigger than my frd who's gona pop next mth!!! (she just gain 7kgs by the way)
I walk like a hipo! hahaa.

Weight gain
the last gynae appointment was 4 kgs. I lost 5kg in 1st trimester. So so scared to step on the weighing machine next week.
I gained 23 kgs when i had #1 but has lost all.

I so gona colour my hair!!!

Ni , LittleEd: ur sonographer confirmed with you that u are having princess ah ? Was the position obvious? I was hoping tey confirm my baby gender ..even my gynea says is not so obvious because the position is side view..baby legs blocking haiz....so cannot confirm...sad ley.

Hi five MEinME, I'm only at 18 weeks too..praying that I can know the gender during next week gynae visit...then I can start shopping!

Do hope it's a girl like so many mummies here, have my eyes set on adorable bloomers n tutus!

are the machines at the detailed scan more enhanced compared to those at our gynaes? that's why the gender told to us at detailed scan is usually accurate?

Ms Tan, the sonographer checked for me and confirmed that it's princess! Baby wasnt very cooperative at first. She was in a sitting down position. Then later she finally cooperate lil bit and open her legs for us to see the 3 lines.

Eliz, are we still ordering the socks together??

Ni

Oops. I forgot all abt the socks!!

i'm still ordering... but the lady told me no further discount. just free postage but no use for us coz end up, we will still need to post to each other.

Unless wanna share designs. If not, do go ahead and place order.

Pebblestone: you only gain 5kg...so envious..

I think by the time i reach 7 months, i will look like a whale...
My gynae still say the weight increase is good...**faint**

Smoke: I eat alot more compared to my pre preggo days, but not alot in a Kua zhang manner la..actually I'm quite scared that babies may not gain as much as they should leh. Your weight gain is still ok really
happy.gif
don't worry so much ok?
happy.gif
I saw your bump on the fb group, very nice and round. Even when you're at 7 months, will be very nice still! Don't worry! No whale la..hahas..btw, which gynae are you seeing at kk?

LittldDd : yesh i dunno why B shape also...but some1 told me in wk 20 will become D liao...so just wait lor...

As for placenta...i do hear about it too... can process into capsule and eat..they say good for skin de... >.> so who going for it? process into capsule is 200-300 bucks

anyway, i think i am trying to shop online at gmarket...hahaha!

Re : Placenta... I dun think I will dare to eat.. though Ive ever come across an article and step by step instructions of preparation... went and search for it.. here's the link..

http://sg.******************/articles/recipe_for_placenta/

oh ya...was going thru ebay and saw that MEDELA have a few kinds of pumps. Should i get pump in style on the go or freestyle handsfree?

Back