(2012/04) Apr 2012

Hi all,

Below is the email reply from KKH :

Aquafitness In Pregnancy Programme
Commencing Date: 28 Jan 2012 to 18 Feb 2011 (Once a week, every Saturday)
Time:1.00 -1.45 pm or 2.00 - 2.45pm
Duration: 4 sessions
Cost:S$111.30 (inclusive of GST)

For me, timing is no good as my no 1 need her nap before her music lesson at 4pm. For mummies, who are interested, can email [email protected].

Woah, thanks for sharing the birth story mossie. Really exciting! I think I won't try the laughing gas. Sounds scary haha.

Today my husband said, pls go for epidural, even if you need 2, just do it, dun suffer. So sweet. But I haven't decided. See how ba.

I've a question again mummies: any of your little one keeps moving at the pelvic area? Mine kicks all over. Sometimes the movement is nearer to belly button. Sometimes at the side. But just now I wasnt wearing any bottom (sorry tmi) and I actually saw the area where the pubic hair is, move!! Quite many times...

How come baby can be so low? This means he's in a breech position?

Summersky, my no 2 is a princess

For the socks' order, I will like to share with other mummies to get more gal's design of pastel pixie & Lucia preferably. If no one to share, then I will like to get Lucia 1 box ( 0-12 months)

Leo BB : Can advise how much is the avent steriliser. I will be using medela pump and bottles , for milk powder feed I will like to use avent. Agreed with cheeky duckie , that the bottle can be durable once we screw it in the right direction it will not leak. It looks brand new still. Though like most mummies, I change bottle every 6 month.

Jojay : Thanks for sharing on in law relationship. It is really not easy, need a lot of tact. And with bb along, conflicts tend to occur. Sama sama, me too....

tangerinez
mine always kicks below belly button! i also wonder if i am in danger of having a low placenta but gynae has never mentioned anything

Tangerinez: my babies are always kicking low too, somewhere near the pelvic area. I am guessing, for now, if they're in a breech position, should still be ok unless it happens nearing your edd..

Pink bunny,pebblestone: my baby also kicking low ..i tink still small yah..sometimes at the side too. nex few mths when they grow bigger..they will slowly change position correct?

hi summerbliss, gone for my detail scan ytday. my princess was sucking her thumb. haha. got the cute scan pic of her doing that.

i had the kicks and punches sometimes near the pubic n above the belly button. noticed that the babe's legs are curled as lesser space now. the results are fine n placenta not low lying. am amazed how the scanner went from one side to the other n how big the babe in positioned inside.

my mil actually told me she was afraid of conflicts if she were to take care of the babe. i told her this is unavoidable. but i believe it will be alright if we communicate to lessen misunderstandings. we will see how we can work it out.

Pinkbunny, I also having low placenta for my 2 pregnancy. Last detailed scan show I have low placenta but will slowly get right position when the belly grow. This is what my gynae told me.

Mossie: u won't get to see the needle lar! pain or not, dun care, cos the "injection" confirm not as pain as the contractions lor! haha...

Tangerinez: bb position now not important one. Cos they got a lot of time and space to move. Most important is the position when near 37 weeks! I carry my babies low both pregnancy. So i really do just look fat, belly no where near the boobies! For #1, it only started moving up like after 6/7 months when it's quite big.

Pinkbunny: my placenta also low for #1. It's ok. will move up as it grows for most cases. #2 still dunno yet. after detailed scan will know.

Tangerinez, when I did my detailed scan the baby moved here and there, even to my pelvic bone that area. The sonographer (not sure if it is called like that) said the bb has lots of space to move ard as there is plenty of space now. So now low lying shldnt be a prob
happy.gif

Heehee... I know the contractions is the most painful ones. But when I was in labour, the nurse kept telling me that I cannot keep still enough to administer the epidural. How do you guys keep still when u r in such great pain?

Mossie: Just bear with it! Cos it will be over once the epidural is in!!!! I was biting on the blanket or watever lar. Take a super deep breath! Bite on something, and pain gone!

I was struggling in bed and totally can't keep still. My contraction and dilation came too fast and within 2.5hrs from the time my waterbag breaks, my boy is out!

I was hoping this time around labour will be as fast, so I can skip epidural. Duno y I so worry about the needle this time. Lol

Thanks everyone for the reassurance! I'll just enjoy bb's active movements now!

Woah, all this disussion on labor pain is scary! Biting blankets! Omg....

Baby kicks me below the belly button too. Probably because he is in breech position, according to detailed scan. Hopefully will turn around closer to delivery. I think may be better than getting kicked in the ribs anyway. Heard that would be super painful although I haven't experienced it before with previous pregnancies.

Ms Tan
Yup they will move around. And will turn to be "engaged" and ready for birth when the time comes

Summersky
How nice, sucking thumb, so cute!

Sounds like you have a nice open relationship with you mil. That's nice

Thanks pinkyxu and cheekyduckie. So low placenta is not a bad thing la. Won't walk halfway then baby ploop out. Haha

Mossie
They will find a time between contractions to inject right? For me it was intense pain during contractions then nothing. Then pain. Then nothing. But the pain! Walau eh.

I don't remember the pain of the epi honestly. Of cos scared too la, but it's the pure bliss of the after effect ... Ahhhhh

Whoa your birth was so fast! Steady la!

Tangerinez
Don't worry ok? Who knows you might have super high threshold and say "pain? Where got pain?" And be playing wii in delivery suite :p

What a nice cool night!

Summersky : Yes its v cute to see the bb sucking thumb! Good to hear tt you get a pic of tt...
happy.gif
We also saw our little sucking her thumb.. and the sonographer recorded it in a dvd... hb sent the clip back for the family.. and every1 was laughing watching it
happy.gif

Talking abt labour pain... hahah I know Im super low threshold... 1st time I met my dr.. I told him straight I wanna natural birth with epidural... :p

Today marks 20 week for me! Finally midway!

Summersky: so cute..can capture ur baby sucking thumb..hehe!

Any 1st time mummy found their linea nigra on tummy already? Today I happen to notice this line appear on my tummy.. Not very dark but is obvious. Heard thatif we hav freckles..all will get darken too.. My freckles did get abit darker compare to last time
sad.gif

Ms tan: I didn't spot my linear negra till hubby mentioned to me last night. Funny thing was, when I looked down, I couldn't see anything because I can't see anything below my bump now. But yup, linear negra is starting to surface for me:/ hopefully it goes away after delivery..

Actually..i also cant see from my head lookin dwn . I hold a mirror to see hehehe..because I rembr we will get tis line when tummy grows bigger n I notice it today.

Ur nipples also get very dark now hor? So dark that I feel awkward looking at it :p

Ms tan: yup! The nipples are very dark and the shape is somewhat awkward leh. I read that it's part of the hormonal changes. But the second trimester is definitely 'kinder', compared to the first where the nipples are super sensitive and sore:/

I have both the line and dark nipoles even before pregnancy. But the dark nipples have gotten darker.

Anyway the dark nipples are to facilitate newborns to locate them when latching on! Cool isn't it?

Pinkbunny, during delivery they have a monitor to see the pain level u are in, if I nv wrong.

Mrs tan, I think is individual. My 2 pregnancy I do not have linear nigra line. But I heard from my friends who have it told me it will fade away after birth.

Hehe. Thanks all. can't wait to see what you all share during your detail scans too.

Tokkie, so nice, got dvd on the scans. mine dun have.

So far I do not have linear nigra. I have one friend who had a cross-like one across the whole belly and the other had it starting from belly button downwards. The friend who had it starting from belly button down said she had it since young. Both first time mums too.

Pinky, u referring to ther ctg machine? To monitor heartbeat of baby during labour, making sure baby is not distressed.

Pinkbunny, I super rely on epidural too, it aids me to have a natural delivery, cos I was able to relax and dilate in time. This time I will opt for epidural too! Definitely!

19 weeks today for me! Yeah!

linear nigra line
Yup, it will slowly fade. Mine was quite dark but now can't see a trace of it
happy.gif

Epidural
I didn't feel the pain of the injection at all. haha. I was quite surprised of the lack of pain.

Mossie, your birth story is a little comic!!! makes me think hard if I want to try VBAC this time. Your no.1 is closed to mine, mine is 15 Feb, lunar 18th day.

Congrats to those whom had moved to 19-20weeks, me still 17weeks, soooo slow!!!!
kao_sleep.gif
kao_sleep.gif
kao_sleep.gif

Last 3 nights, no apetite for dinner!!! However, I felt the hunger at turning in time, super irritating!!!

Today, a FT gave up her seat to me (next to the reserved seat), reserved seat was taken by a "sleeping" passenger, but she will wake up every now and then.

Wow... i am on my first day of 18 weeks! zzz... seems like so slow!

Linear Nigra Line: Yeaps... i think mine is coming out slowly too.
And... ARGGGGGGGG... I am getting the same gross darkening at the armpits AGAIN! Darn...

Pinky: CTG machine is to measure the contractions. From there, the gynae, midwives can estimate the progress of your birth. It doesn't directly measure the amount of pain, though close and big contractions do equate to pain, everyone's threshold is different. hehe... I was still sleeping when i reached almost the peak contraction. But I gave up after a while, cos they were coming too frequently, and i couldn't sleep anymore. That's when i asked for epidural, and delivered the baby 45mins after.

Oh, my #1 was induced! that's why the process was longer. 8am, tablet #1, 12 noon drip came on, 3pm epidural, 3.45pm baby is out. I was 3cm dilated the day before delivery, abt 4cm when i admitted myself base on gynae's recommendations... and it just stayed like that until 2pm... between 2pm to 3pm, i can hardly sleep anymore, cos the pain has reached beyond my threshold.

ooooo... I bought maternity underwear from Mothercare! The M2B brand! SUPER COMFY i must say! I used to think that it's a waste of money to buy! But after i bought on Sat, and wearing now, i must say it's extremely good investment! At least now the rubber band is below the belly! And the leg holes are super comfy lar! I survived #1, with "old, loose" undies and huge undies... And these were either always slipping down, getting caught between the cracks or just pressing too hard on the tummy!
Loves my new new undies!

hahahahahahahahaha...

Cheekyduckie- I bought hipster organic cotton undies from H&M and they are super comfy too. Little ex though at $19.90 per set of 3.

El: The mothercare ones were going @ $28 for 3 pcs, $40 for 5 pcs. I got mothercare card, so 10% off... Oh well, at least they are really comfy!
The hipster ones u got were normal undies? I have those too, from victoria secrets. But I realised that they tend to slip down as I walk... Maybe my butt too big. Or undies too big? No idea, too big keep dropping, too small i feel like dying...

Cheekie duckie..i never buy maternity underwear..i jus get low waist 1 size bigger than b4 those cotton panties from Marks & Spencer. Those 5 in a pack kind.

Argg Monday.. So sainz.. Always looking forward to Friday..heehee

Cheekyduckie- hipster undies are those that start at hips so they go below the bump. So far I've had no problem with them slipping down cos the whole panty fits quite well without being too tight. I bought my pre-pregnancy size and it seems ok.

Ms Tan- I bought the M&S kind for my last pregnancy too one size up. But after a while I found that they got out of shape. But they are a lot cheaper so did not feel the $$ pinch when had to buy new ones. They often go on sale too!

Tangerinez
Oh that's a cool fact indeed!

Pinky
Yup that's the ctg I think, to monitor contractions. But I'm the best monitor-er of my pain! Haha

Hey I also don't think I have linear nigra this time! And my belly button also never pop out.

Summer, I can see a faint line on my 3 year old daughter as well
happy.gif

hihi,
does anyone know if i can use iphone to video the detailed scan at tmc? Probably not the whole process, but short videos of baby moving? Thought of showing them to my in-laws..they will be excited to see it..

Ethan_Ethel: TMC got VERY BIG "No photography/videography" signs in all the scanning rooms! you might want to check with the sonographer on the day of your scan.

Me only start 17weeks today!!!so super slow! Good thing is, my gynae appt is this afternoon!!! I hope baby open leg big big and show us gender. I'm hoping for a girl, but it really doesn't matter to me so long as bb is healthy and I just Wana get done with it and close factory. Lol.

I also made a list of questions to fire at my gynae later. He is Dr John tee from kkh, and he really chop chop one Loh. Most impt thing is I need puke medicine. Still puking the moment I stop. anyone here seeing dr John tee?

hey you know what, girls? with my previous gynae, he gave us a DVD of the whole detailed scan. wonder if your gynaes do that too? i don't know if my current one will.

mine is next mon! so excited
happy.gif

oh btw. for those of you whose #1s are still below 2 years: was at cold storage at cluny road over the weekend and saw that the little tikes cozy coupe is going for only $99 instead of the usual $199. the offer is till the end of the month and apparently most of the cold storage outlets have it (though i didn't see it at the holland village one. maybe only the bigger outlets?). it says you have to "purchase $100 of advertised products in a single receipt". no idea what those products are but i suppose no harm checking if you're in the area
happy.gif

I'm at week 18! Hehehe.. eh.. how come I don't feel pregnant now? Suddenly like the bump became smaller. My linear nigra line is pretty obvious though... no symptoms at all.. of cos except being sleepy all the time which i sometimes think it's self implicted. Hahaha!

Anyone doing underarm/leg IPL? My gyane said it's safe actually. Skipped a few sessions during the first trimester but like CheeckyDucky.. I can't stand my underarms going darker or have tiny hairs.

Have got my company d&d this Sat.. theme is "Uniforms"... any idea what I can wear?! Sigh.. I'm in a desperate need to look for a bump friendly uniform!

pinkbunny: my gynae said if we do the detailed scan at GlenEagles (where she is practising), they will give us a DVD of it at a slightly more expensive price than if we did it at KKH.

El: me too! i used to wear size 8 undies from M&S, just bought 3 pairs of size 10 yesterday. Their seamless pairs are very comfy. 20% for 3 pairs and up too!

Mossie - my gynae is John Tee too. Yes, man of few words. Good that you're making a list of questions for him because if you don't ask, he won't talk much!

Little Dd,
i still did brazilian IPL when i was preggie with #1. your post reminds me that I should go for an appt before delivery too since i still have sessions in my package.

M&S lingerie are great! altho the cups are a little higher than my usual bras. but super comfy. i alternate them with my normal wired bras. gonna stop wearing wired bras closer to 3rd tri.

my nipples have been hurting so much!! even when i wear my top sometimes, it hurts..ouch!! i can't believe how sensitive they are this time, sometimes i even feel a little like let down. not sure if it is bcoz i was bf-ing for quite a while so my milk ducts are super sensitive now..

Back