(2012/04) Apr 2012

tokkie, i use medela pumps with avent steriliser. I also using avent bottles. But of cos the avent bottles doesn't fit the pumps. u can get converters. But what i did was to get 2 pairs of normal bottles just for milk pumping. after that either transfer to avent bottles for feeding, or freeze in trays for storage.

ni> the chinese age is it the time we conceive too? if its at time of concieve then I will get boy but if not then girl. anyway will know soon.

Anyone experience the urg to go urine but when u are sitting on the toilet bowl.. U actually didnt pee that much?
Today don why i keep going to the toilet. . Haiyo.

hi summerbliss, so cute. i didnt know can see baby smile. i going for my detail scan this saturday morning. cant wait to see babe again. has been feeling the kicks and movements. is urs a prince or princess?

recently saw a bottle warmer cum sterilizer from pigeon. considering that.

MeinMe & ni - I want to do pregnancy photography too! I wanted my hub to take since my hub is a part time photographer and my sis is a part time makeup artist so we might take our own shots and my sis will doll me up. BUT my hub asked me to look for another photographer cos he said he also wants to enjoy the whole experience.. We are still deciding which photography company to take or otherwise, I told him to just take it ourselves. Much better since we have all the resources.

Ms Tan - ME! I sometimes dont pee that much. But the urge to pee like so intense, like so full like that. Sometimes after I pee, I still feel like I need to pee 5 mins later. I realize my baby likes to lie down and press on my bladder so that makes me feel like want to pee constantly. So now if I just peed, and I feel like peeing again, I ignore. Wait a few hours before I pee again.

Tokkie - I was told by the salesgal at Mothercare that we can use Pigeon's sterilizer cum food warmer cum bottle warmer for our Medela bottles. If not mistaken only $169. I think I will buy either NUK or Medela bottles cos I heard Avent bottles tend to leak? Not sure true or not cos its my first pregnancy, so I just follow what people feedback me.

Oooo andreanie,tks for e infor ;)
MeinMe n ms tan : actually my blood pressure is always ard 70/90 lowest 50/70 n i land myself in hospital haha...cos too low then fainted..
Littledd,wow ur detailed scan so far ...ok ok...
Odiey: i hope mine will change leh...haha...

I used pigeon sterilizer cum warmer for my medela bottles. They can fit both standard neck n avent wide neck. but I think unnecessary to get the sterilizer with warmer cos rarely use the warmer function. Can just get the one with sterilizing function alone. Firstly, troublesome to change the sterilizer components to warmer components n vice versa everytime when u want to switch function. Secondly, it's faster to warm up the bottled milk by immersing in hot water than using warmer function.

Andreanie, my gal have been using avent bottle since born but no leak. I used pigeon sterilizer and can fit in avent bottle and my avent pump too.

Pigeon food warmer I used to warm up my bm as told that bm must warm up at 40•c not above that temperature if not all the nutrition will easy destroy.

Hope it help.

Today will go for my week 20 detailed scan. Can't wait to see bb and hope everything turn well.
happy.gif

I also using pigeon food warmer. But to warm up water for mid night milk feeds. Pre-Fill bottles with water, put in warmer. When bb wants milk just pour in powder, give bottle to baby, put another bottle in, and back to sleep for me. Have been doing this since bb was 8months old. Day time use to warm up BM. haha...

The avent bottles don't really leak very badly after u learn how to screw it properly. I have minimal leakages now. i like the bottles cause they are very hardly! have been using since day 1, and they are still looking new! can continue to use for #2! good investment. Also, i got a lot of them as free gifts when i bought other stuff.

re chinese gender predictor:
when i was TTC-ing, i was quite disappointed because i am 32 (chinese age) and the chinese gender prediction basically says i will have a girl for the next few years.

don't get me wrong, i love a girl to doll up. but i am also under pressure to bear a boy for my younger-than-me-but-oh-so-old-fashioned-husband who says we MUST have a boy.

so, i am happy to say that this gender predictor doesn't work for me, because we are having a boy.

but sisters, have fun guessing your bb's gender anyway, if you've not known the gender yet. YAY!

I cannot remember which brand did I use initially. Later I've moved on to B'free bottles, damn expensive!!!

I used Avent food warmer and pigeon sterilizer then. This time, I already bought the Avent sterilizer, will be getting the food warmer later. I'm still thinking if I should get the normal food warmer or the one with IQ technology.

Hi mummies!!! Good morning, it's Friday. Enjoy ur weekends!

Tangerinez, I have the same mentality as u. Cos my hubby is the only son, so I will prefer my #1 to be a boy. Makes me less stress out for the #2! Congrats on having a boy anyway!

Big countdown to my detailed: 5 more days!

Thanks all for ur advice! I will go try to look see-see look-look again.. Down here in aussie, a little hassle for us.. worse come to worse got to ask the family to bring over from sgp..

Ni : I also wish for no. 1 to boy boy.. as in the same situation as u.. but ours is a little girl.. which after what I've gone thru, its not impt anymore as long as bb is healthy.
happy.gif
But when we told the family... my mil was like, confirm gal ah? oh.. also good lar then no2 boy lor.. abit upsetting.. was telling my hb sounds like she is not very happy...

the gender predictor was accurate for my #1. and my sis, using this predictor, even tell me not to try until dec this year, if i want a boy! i told her i dont believer 100% lar.

end up, during 16th week scan, my gynae looked hard and carefully and told me its high chance a boy. so.. haha prob not really accurate for my #2. but hard to say too, i'm waiting for my detailed scan to confirm the gender.
happy.gif

I jus bought a blanket ytd from mothercare..with some small circus cartoon prints...so cute
happy.gif

still holding back to buy other stuffs..maybe do it after knw baby gender :p

Tokkie, don't feel that way. My HB told me that he can sense that I was very very upset when I know is a girl 5½ years ago!!!! Initially, I was but I got no regret now looking at her. I would say as long is a healthy and happy baby, that should be what we are looking forward to. My Hb had wanted another girl, well, we shall know next Sat.

yes tokkie, gals are very fun to dress up and can be close to mummy! i will love to have a gal too. dun worry. #2 can try for a boy!
happy.gif

and as long as baby is healthy. thats the most important thing!

during 1st preg, hubby and i were slightly disappointed at having a girl. who knows 2 years later, both of us are glad its a girl. girls are very close to parents, know how to sayang you, kiss you, hug you. will sing songs etc, do all the sweet things. esp her daddy now, everytime gaze at our daughter with such sweet and contented smile. then i will ask him, how come never see you smile at me like that. haha

MEinME : Dun worry lar Im ok.. was only slightly disappointed after the scan, then I ok le. Children are gifts of God as long as they are healthy nothing else matters. Besides, this bb is a miracle from God, as medically speaking we are not able to conceive naturally.. tried SO-IUIs and IVF countless of times over the last few years without success, and who knows the moment we came over to perth.. naturally BFP-ed... so everyday Im still very thankful for the little one growing inside me...
happy.gif

Hahahah... yah.. now hb and I bz looking and planing to shop for the little 1.. hb also know its difficult to conceive for us so gender doesnt really matter.
happy.gif

Thread moves so fast that I've had to catch up. On BP, mine has been consistently 100/58 for all the gynae checkups so far. No one has said anything so I guess it is ok. Below 100 would mean low BP I think.

Recently my #2 has become very sticky to me. Keeps wanting to sleep with me at night and only wants mummy when she wakes up in the morning. I think my hubby feels rejected!

El: u are not along on sticky kids. My #1 is also super sticky to me now. And she also wants to sleep with me. But, she is a super violent sleeper, spins round and kicks.. but i just leave her in the cot lar. Unless, she is sick, then i will make exception and let her out.

Andreanie
Wow your hub can sew, can take professional pics... Jack of all trades!

Preggie pics
I took mine at about 30 weeks when preg with #1. At studio loft, chinatown. I think their website has a promo on the Bloom package, can check it out. I also remember that I formed a group with some other mums and we got some kind of special disc. Maybe we can join forces and get a better price? Anyone keen? This time will have a #1 to do those 'hand on mummy's tummy' kind of pics. Awwwww
happy.gif

Agree with ethan_ethel re warmer. I gave mine away, never used, cos we just put BM in warm water to heat up. Actually I think giving baby warm milk is very much an asian thing. A lot of angmohs give room temp milk. But I do think that it's nice for babies to have warm milk in tummy before bed
happy.gif

Come to think of it, saves a lot of trouble too! Imagine if you don't BF, you'll need to bring cool water (for drinking) and hot water (for mixing). All that does add to the weight in your diaper bag.

Tangerinez
Baby's gender is determined my hubby, not wife! So he should talk to and brain wash his little swimmers, not your responsibility hehe.

Tokkie
Hugs. I understand what you mean. Same for my MIL. When we said "gynae said 80% chance it's a girl" then we balanced it by saying "but our #1 says it's a boy!" (Cos she keeps saying her family has 2 boys and 2 girls). MIL said "that means got 20% chance right? And anyway your #1 must be right cos kids never lie" ???

Agree totally with lilcactus. Girls are very sweet! And I hear that having #1 as girls is good cos they are more likely to help with siblings

Haha lilcactus my hub and daughter also. They share a very special bond that I cannot infiltrate!

hi mommies,
TGIF! had a naughty start to the day by having carrot cake and roti prata! followed by bak kua w bread for lunch. aiyo...=P

think we will know e gender when i have my next appt on wed. quite exciting!

i did use Avent warmer for #1 but i found that it doesn't really warm e milk well. sometimes i have to warm up twice. maybe coz my fridge is very cold? anyway this time i may do the old school way of popping milk in warm water, coz e warmer seems to take ages too! and baby was always impatient and crying for milk. hahaha...sometimes i kan cheong already then end up latching. but waste my EBM.

Pinkbunny... Yes! i gave my newborn room temp milk. cos i too lazy to warm it up. the warmer good when need to warm up frozen milk. or for night feeds now, cos i pre-fill bottles, and the room aircon is quite cold. so the water tends to be cold. that's why using warmer.

Haru: i pour warm/hot water into the warmer leh! haha... den the milk can quickly go inside. The warmer is thermostat controlled mah, it will sense the temperature and keep the water warm. Faster.

Pink bunny - hehe ya my hub has his own photography business. And my sis is a professional makeup artist, Cosmoprof graduate hehe.

Thank u mummies for the Avent feedback.
I think I'll consider Avent now!

mummies, i have a question: are husbands required to cut the umbilical cord of our newborns?

cos i read somewhere that they have to. and i think my husband will faint. hahahah

tangerinez: it is not a requirement. Cos u can also get some other person to accompany you and not your hubby. My gynae did ask my hb if he wanted to do the cutting, if don't want, then gynae will cut. If your gynae never ask, you just let her know lar. My crazy hb is super excited lor! he was busy updating me on the baby's "progress" as i was pushing. "HAIR!" "A lot of Hair!" "Look like cockroach" (i have no idea what that meant!) "Come out liao come out liao!"
I guess that's his way of encouraging me... And... He was PERMANENTLY positioned on the gynae's side... not my side... =_=""
In fact, he was so excited... He forgot to take a picture of the clock until my gynae reminded him again! so our clock picture was 3 mins late... =S

Andreanie: all sterilizers the same to me. Just make sure can fit the bottles can already. And of course, must be easy to operate, easy to set up, easy to clean.
Avent has 2 kinds, the normal ones and 1 with some IQ feature. I was super tempted to get the IQ one previously. Think the IQ one will auto re-sterilise after x hours or something. End up just buy the normal one and it's still working fine now.

Tangerinez. Yes the gynae will ask them to cut. If ur hubby scared, can ask gynae to cut. For my #1, My hub also vvvv scaredy cat one leh! But my gynae shoved the scissors to him and he too lost for words, Bo Bian but to cut. And as his hands was trembling, the umbilical cord couldn't break, and he had to cut again! And according to my hub, a lil bit of blood gush out when he cut the umblical cord. He nearly fainted cos he super scared of blood! Hahaha, funny!

CheekyDuckie: wow your hubby is so brave. i've heard of hubbies fainting at the sight of birth. One of my gf's husband had to go for sex counselling after he saw the birth process cos he had issues making love to his wife again thereafter leh..

thanks mummies! glad that it's an option. tonight i'm going to tell him and scare him. lol.

cheekyduckie: your husband so brave! mine even flinch when watching grey's anatomy. haha.

i warned him from day 1, he's not allowed to look at my private part when i'm giving birth. because i have heard of horror stories where the husband refuse to make love with the wife after witnessing child birth.

so yep, i doubt he will be giving me live commentary like "looks like a cockroach". this is damn hilarious!! cheekyduckie, one day you must share with your #1 that daddy said she looks like cockroach! hahaha...

My hubby din get to cut coz we r keeping the cord blood and doc din give him option. Anyway, my hubby also din stand at gynae side becoz I was bz torturing his hand when I give birth.

Leo baby, u can get 40% for all avent products?? Baby monitor included?

I don't think KK allows fathers to cut the umbilical cord cos I don't remember us being asked for #2 who was delivered by natural birth. For C-section, fathers aren't even allowed in the operating theatre.

Anyway, my hubby was quite freaked out by all the blood that came out and the stitching afterwards. I don't think he would volunteer to film it this time!

EL: I m worried my hubby cannot take it too.. The bloody scene.. Tink should ask him concentrate our upper body..hahaha...the doc will hand over bb to us after pop out. I worry he sees liao faint how
proud.gif

mummies, any one feel that your stomach gotten bigger suddenly these week or so? i went on a 2 days mc, and i feel my stomach gotten so big, it looks like 6months preg! and my colleagues all commented on my stomach when i reached ofc this morning. but hor, i just gained 2-3kg weight, so i dunno how come stomach so big.

or is it true that those expecting boys will have bigger stomach? cos normally boys are bigger size?

A cl taught me how to see gender. Boys your tummy is more pointed that means both side near the waist will be less fat but gal you see the tummy more flesh all the way waist to waist complete rounded

Leobaby
I also heard that which is quite true for me. My tummy pointed one. hee.

Lilcactus
My tummy also like 6 months or more!! Only plus point is now go out no worries people don't know i preggie and accidently knock me.

Back