(2012/04) Apr 2012

Odiey - My brother went to Bali in Dec b4 and he said it was ok. Even if it rains it isn't for the whole day. I've never been to Bali myself!

Hi Mummies! =)
I've been a silent reader...I'm 10weeks 1 day today...
had bleeding when i was in week 5..it was like menses..2 days throughout..and took jabs twice a week..i took 7 in total. All well now *keep my fingers crosssed*

My gynae is benjamin tham from TMC...
Nice to meet all of you here! =)

hi mummies,

I have 1 bottle of New Obimin which bought last Thursday and take only 1 tablet.

Let me know if anyone interested

wow, i am tempted to try out Natal Essentials after reading about e good reviews. My dad cooked for me during my #1 confinement but i think may just get catering company to save him the hassle of cooking for me.

Bali is lovely for kids, especially if they love the sand and beach. Nusa Dua has great hotels and plenty of private beach space. space is clean and fine, do be careful about the waves which are pretty strong though.

Hi all,

I have been quiet as I was away for a short roadtrip.. heehee.. Ive just completed my 1st trimester screening .. shld be the same as oscar.. managed to clear the test and also had the images burnt to a DVD for us for A$5.
happy.gif

As for babymoon.. hope I can either go NZ or bali in Dec...

Leetwobaby : Sorry to hear about the news. How are u feeling? Hope you are resting well now.

Leebbtwo, sorry hear that.

Do take care ah ... my gynea is Dr Ang leh, so worrying. Mine first one also Dr Ang, in dilema to change or remain...

so envy that u all can go for a babymoon trip. as for me, my husband will be starting his new job in oct... meaning is kind of hard to travel... initially wanted to travel after i renewed my passport, then very soon, i found out that i m pregnant! mixed feeling of happy n sad. haha!!
hubby say maybe wait till baby out, after confinement then go, i told him how is that possible to leave our baby only a mth old...

Hi all, I'm back. My gastric pain is still here but I know how to curb it better. Now I got new problems. Latest problem is backache and it is excruciating!! Any remedy for it??

Leebabytwo, sorry to hear about that. I believe that ur baby will go to a better place. U rest well and take care

Mossie: Backache? Get salonpas! It's like my best friend on most days! I checked with my gynae, safe for preggers. Try to sleep on your sides instead of back. Maintain good posture when squatting, sitting, standing.

Silvery_gal: why not try a staycation at some hotel in singapore? Or a day trip or 2 to bintan/batam. Give yourself a little break. Anyway, we shd be cleared for air travel till around feb 2012. There's also the long weekends to plan for trip though might be expensive.

Gina,
tnx.
Natal Essential :
The staff actually is the one who initiate to ask me wat I eat or dun eat. They dun cook beef. They do understand some mummies cannot take chicken n internal organs. U can tell them wat you wan or dun wan.
The only 'complain' i haf is that the portion is too big for me. I cannot finish it most of the time.

Tokkie,
I m coping fine. No more pain or bleeding liao. On anti botics for a week. My hubby took time off to help me in the household chores and my son as I m doing a mini confinement now.

Dolphin,
I m fine, tnx for your concern.
Not everyone will haf the same experience like me. I went to him initially as he was highly recommended by my friends 3yrs ago. Nevertheless, woman instinct is strong. IF you feel anything not rite, then jus change or if not jus get a second opinion as its no harm for it.

Leo_baby,
I m fine. Tnx. I shall do that.

Mossie,
tnx. Yup, I believe there is a reason why God wants my baby to be wif him instead of me. :)

Anyone has contacts for good massage during confinement? I dunno is it I m lying too much. My body is aching and my head is aching. My own contact is too packed wif her schedule as my case is too last min thingy. Appreciate it for your good recommendation.

My massage lady madam azizah 97933217. She stays at woodlands though. A bit expensive but I think she is good. She did my massage for last two pregnancies.

My massage lady madam azizah 97933217. She stays at woodlands though. A bit expensive but I think she is good. She did my massage for last two pregnancies.

happy friday everyone!

i'll have my 3rd checkup tomorrow, cant wait to see the little one! hope everything is going well. turning 14 weeks this sunday! :D

I enjoyed seeing my baby during the detailed scan today. Thank God everything looks normal. Got 1 day mc so went shopping at h&m for first time today. Unfortunately they don't have h&m mama which I heard can be bought in hk. But managed to get some long tank tops that I hope I can wear for exercise.

Leo Baby: Gassy drinks are fine. But a lot of soft drinks have caffeine. And they are in general very sweet. If you suffer from bloatedness or have a lot of the gross stomach acid/heartburn, dun take too much. The gas and acid in gassy drinks will make it worse.
I still have my coke once or twice a week. Other times, I go for Sprite (no caffeine). Mug rootbeer also got no caffeine.

El: I got the long tanks from ASOS online. There's H&M Mama in HK? Hohoho, i shall go raid H&M if i go HK!

I think really spoke too early abt my better state at 12 wks. These few days gas build up was bad. Totally different feeling from my 1st pregnancy. My friend says bloatedness is because of hormone build up. really building up lor. Wonder if i having a gal or what that's why different.

Leebabytwo - sorry for your lost - take care and stay strong.

Hi Everyone,

Had my gynae visit last week - we chose not to do Oscar. Saw baby at the normal gynae visit scan! Doctor said i'm 80% having a boy. Even for my first child my gynae told me at 11 weeks that it was a boy. He cheekily said both my boys are exhibitionists!!

How about everyone else? Do you guys know the sex of your child yet? Let's share!!

Also am looking for contacts for massage ladies so i can start collecting numbers. I did not do any massage for my first one and so i did not manage to lose my tummy after my first one - also i ate a lot when breastfeeding!! Kakakakak

Can i ask those that did the massage - do they wrap you up very tightly and is it very difficult to breastfeed after the wrap. My main concern is breastfeeding my baby after birth. Also when do you start doing the massage? Sorry i quite blur about these things.

For me - i'm in my 13 week - MS still very bad - same nauseousness all day long but never actually vomit.. SIGH Wonder when it will go away.. I've heard of friends who had MS for 9 months!!!!

I've been buying lots of maternity clothes too - some of my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy are too tight to even wear now!! LOL

For me, yes have a slight pregnant lump. After i eat, my stomach is super big but when i wake up in the morning, my stomach is small. I think coz i'm short and have a short torso, so don't have much space to store the baby and food.

happy.gif

Happy Friday mummies!!!

Mel: I started massage 1 day after i went home from hospital. That's abt 4th day after delivery. Mine was natural delivery.
The lady told me i could start like the day after, but i was still in hospital, and day 3 go home need to unpack, and sort out stuff, so only started on day 4.
For c-sec, typically start 2 weeks after. Must wait for wound to heal.
Start when you feel good and comfortable. If you feel pain, then do not start. Everyone has different healing speeds.

I think i better go dig out all my old maternity clothes. For all you know, also cannot wear already. hahahaha...

Leo_baby: don't think abt the MS. If you don't think abt it, it won't affect you so badly.

Mel, I asked about gender too during my oscars, since we are waiting for Bb to turn. The sonographer said it might be boy. My first is also a boy. I had hoped for a gal, but as long as healthy can already la.

Mel - Im 13 weeks today too! Went for OSCAR test but baby is too active, sonographer said hard to see gender but we have the feeling its going to be a girl. Will scan again on my 14th week and let's see if we can guess the gender by then.

Mel, the wrap is tight but can still sit n breastfeed. If too uncomfortable then just loosen it yourself.

Lots of new mummies joining this forum
happy.gif
there's a google doc. form you can fill so we know each other's preggers details. Anyone can provide the link?

I'm sleepless. Better than yest: up 1-5am!

Ni n Andrea ie, usually if boy easier to confirm earlier right? See dot instead of 3 lines ;) I found out my two boys' gender very early on in pregnancy. This time round my husband n I don't mind boy or girl, like ni, just pray baby is healthy!

Cheekyduckie -The H&M long tank tops fit great and the material is also nice and soft. Not expensive too at $12.90 for two. H&M Mama is very nice. I got some 2nd hand H&M Mama maternity clothese from my friend and the quality is good and not too expensive too. She got them at the H&M in HK.

Mel - i started massage about 4 days after giving birth naturally. The wrap is very tight but I think it works. For me the main problem is that it gets very hot and itchy. I end up putting lots of powder underneath.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ahop4ZQfz_s9dDlGVmRMVDZ4R2ExVS1YNHh1QURUUVE&hl=en_US
This is the link to the spreadsheet
happy.gif

Hello mummies! Been a long time since I've posted. Just too tired and blah from ms haha.

Today is the start of week 12, seeing Gynae on tues and if everything goes well she'll give the all clear to announce end of 1st trimester! Yippee!

But I envy you girls doing Oscar. Can get to see baby moving around. I wonder if my normal tummy scan can see baby waving to us or not. Yesterday just complained abt this to hubby and he says if you want we can still do Oscar just to see baby move lor. Hahaha so sweet.

Hi. Just updated the spreadsheet
happy.gif

Glad to find that a few moms are having #3 like me.
happy.gif

At first I was quite lost as I find difficult to accept the fact. How to take care? But my Gynae said it was God's gift to us. We will try our best even though life is going to be tougher for us.

Mel: For me the wrap was also tight. But tight then will work. At least i think it works for me. I managed to get back into pre-preg jeans within the month. haha. I wear that wrap practically the entire day! Only release a while before the massage lady comes the following day, so that i can bath and get ready for the new wrap.
It does itches. Just bear with it. Do anything to lose that belly!

Wow! So fast can tell boy or ger ah. I shall ask the sonographer when i go do my oscar on 10th! I read that boys genitals do develop later than gers. So those who scan as gers first dun run to buy stuff! Must wait for abt 20 weeks to really confirm. My friend first scanned as ger at 12 weeks, at 20 weeks or so, become boy... hahahaha

Mummies, i m very sad. Clinic called me on friday that i have bacterial n fungal infection. Was told to go clinic on monday to take anti biotic. Read the website abt bacterial infection and haiz my heart sank. No 1 it can caused m/c on 2nd trim, or deliver early. My this pregnancy really not smooth.

This massage lady quite good, she help to clear b engorgement as well and can even tell me how many ducts there is. Fauziah 9199 3324

Leo_baby,
tnx a lot. I gotten a few contacts liao.

EL/Summerbliss,
tnx for your contact.

Mummies,
I m grateful that I m in this thread. Do let me know if in any case I can be of any help. But it muz be after 2 weeks of my confinement that I regain my mobility out of the house. Meanwhile, take care n wish all smooth pregnancy.

tangerinez, tx for providing link to spreadsheet!

amiang, we r the same age n I'm expecting no. 3 too! Even tho this is a planned pregnancy, I do sometimes wonder how we will cope. But some things in life can't put a price to it I guess
happy.gif

summerbliss, just to share: during the end of my 1st tri in the previous pregnancy, I had some spotting. Gynae scanned and found a blood clot in my uterus. She said could b due to stress or infection. She took a sample swab n 5 days later told me it's infection, take antibiotics. She gave Augmentin. I had no spotting after that one time n the next time she scanned, the clot was gone. Baby was delivered at full term.

Hope this gives u some reassurance. Remember to take things easy n be even-tempered n relaxed (no stress!).

I realise 1st tri constitution very weak. A bit tired or hungry only the body protests! Two days ago I scolded my maid then one minute later I threw up! Haiz!

Anyway mummies, take heart in what my mummy friends told me: rest now when u r supposed to n don't feel guilty abt chores/kids/work etc. Cos when baby arrives u will hv your hands full!

Hi Gina

Yes I find my body very weak too. Worse than my 1st n 2nd pregnancy. Btw did your Gynae ask u to take amniocentesis? He suggested me to do it due to my age now.

Hi Gina,
i wake up between 3-4 am and can't get back to sleep for ages. Don't know why.

Gina, Amiang: My gynae says it's normal that our constitution gets worse while pregnant. Cos our immunity level drops. So must rest a lot, and stay away from sick ppl whenever possible. I had never taken so much MC in a year lor. It only happens everytime i get pregnant. Usually, 1 year, i can just take like at most 2 days MC. Now, 2 weeks, already taken 4 days due to the persistent cough and runny nose. Heng I don't have MS, else i think my boss will complain.

amiang, my gynae left decision of Oscar to my hubby n I. She said it really depends on what we will do knowing the results. I'm gg for the Oscar test this wed then depending on results, see if need amnio test. Your gynae advised amnio straightaway, skip Oscar?

El, yeah same here! Last week I had nights where I was awake for 2-3hrs in the middle of the night! My #1 pregnancy I asked gynae abt it n she said it's hormonal n body changes that disrupt our sleeping cycle. Then she joked: maybe it's Mother Nature's way of preparing u for less sleep n night feeds for when baby arrives!

tangerinez
You not taking oscar?

Summerbliss
*Hugs* Don't think so much.. be positive.. all will be fine.

Think my wisdom tooth chipped or something.. now there's a hole and the sharp edge is scratching the side of my mouth
sad.gif

Hi Mummy

I can't eat much food not even many meal. Do you have the same experience as me.

Please share i am worry how my baby grow if i don't feel like eating.

Elim
Don't worry so much.. Eat what you can.. maybe have more small meals..
I puke as much as i eat for my #1. Now i also don't eat much.. Puke alot too.

Elim - As long as your gynae says baby is growing fine, it should be ok. Lots of us can't eat much in 1st tri and even lose weight.

Elim: What the bb takes from us is like 1 extra muffin amount only. So just make sure you eat balanced meals is good enough. You don't have to eat a lot. If you can't eat much at each meal, split your meals up. Eat several small meals. I am feeding myself every 3 hourly, cos my appetite is also not good. Eat too much I get bloated and indigestion.
Important to eat balanced healthy meals lar. No point eating a lot of junk food. =)

Cheekyduckie - Have you tried to take timed release Vitamin C supplements? I pop 2 a day when I think I'm coming down with a cold and it seems to work.

El: Yes. I am trying to remember to take my Vit C daily. Haha... Today, forgot already! hahahahaha... later i go make... I am using the effervescence ones... mix into my water.

Elim I also have not much appetite, not eating much too.. as compared to my 1st preg. but think no need to worry so much. 1st trim should be not so bad. i did highlight this to my gynae everytime i went for check, but he just say try to eat as much only, didnt say its a concern.

elim, quite a few preggie woman will start regaining their appetite in the 2nd trimester. so its quite normal.

i m finally in my 12th week now! 2nd trimester starts from 12 week or 13 week?
but sad thing is i just sent my maid back to the agent.
cannot stand her. so i m offically maidless
so tough to be preggers and managing a terrible two tod
sad.gif

Ni: don't worry. u will be able to handle. I don't have a maid. And have been "husbandless" for more than half a week every week as he is flying ard. Every morning and evening is a mad rush. Rush to fetch her to bbsitter and to work, and evening back home to fetch her, get dinner, feed her something, bath, zzz.
2nd tri should start in 13 week i think. but once clear oscar, i think is ok liao lar. 2.5 more weeks for me.

Back