(2012/04) Apr 2012

Littledd
I attended when I was abt 7-8months preggie for my #1. I think is still ok. Yes Mrs Wong class is really good for new moms. My hb attended with me too.

Last time I attended her prenatal class, she mentioned that for those who are delivering at tmc, u can try the breast pumps after u delivered cos they can let u try which one better for u. So don't need to buy so early. U can confirm again when u attended her class.

Odiey: TMC, i think no package. The detailed scan and oscar are done @ the Fetal Assessment Centre. Pay seperately. If doing blood test, pay at gynae.

Anxious: You can attend the TMC prenatal class even if you are not intending to deliver there. Doesn't matter.

ginger: Now I know why sometimes I see a long queue near the AMK hub 3rd level! All all in queue are preggie women! mystery solved!

Yo Ladies> Am back from Oscar scan. Result is good. Advice for some of you is to do the blood test first as there was a mummy that after scan the scan result was not good but she didn't had her blood test done and without the result the ratio was not good for her. The dr there had to console her a lot and i can see the worry in her. Blood test result needs time to process. I did my at 10.5 wks and with that and todays scan the result is out on the spot.

Cheekyduckie> you take care and we meet again soon.

Today is 12 wks liao but still feeling pukey and giddy. Haiz. Wonder when can get strong.

Hi first time mummies, I attended Wong Boi Boi's class for my #1 and she is good. Dont keep quiet if you have questions, ask away and "dig" her experience and expertise
happy.gif
I kept her 3 books all this while jus to refresh memory *heh heh*

If you are staying at TMC, the nurses are trained to support breastfeeding, just let them know your preferences (e.g. total BF, even at night) and they will bring baby to you even in the middle of the night. If you need a lactation consultant during your stay there, let them know and she will also visit and advise you.

Maybe I'm the kind who's not fussy about food so I found their confinement meals quite yummy, especially the soups. Hope standard the same since my last stay there 2 yrs ago!

hey mummies, i reached week 10 today but still not feeling terrific, as compared to my last preg. no appetite and feeling xin ku, even though no actual vomitting.

skin wise, still gd, but not as gd as when i had my gal cos i love water that time.

i also recommend first time mummies to attend the classes, its informative.

Gina, i love TMC's food too! esp the papaya fish soup! yum yum.

Cheekyduckie : I nearly want to give up doing oscar n come back another day cos i was very tired after the 4th attempt. I drank so much water n it was diffcult to hold my bladder . Luckily, at the 5th attempt bb change position. The radiographer say there was a case 9 am - 5 pm also cannot see bb measurement n the mummy came back the next day. So she laughed when I tell her I want to go home.

Odiey: My gynea at mt A gave me an orange form to do oscar at TMC . I noticed he circled Package 6 under oscar + FA scan @ 20 weeks. Think ur overall cost should still be lower than mine as TMC clinic shd have lower rates.

Anxious: You can attend the TMC prenatal class even if you are not delivering there. Mrs Wong will also attend to her students after delivery if got breast feeding (bf) problems etc. She gave us a name card to call her. Her nurses are superb in guiding us too to latch on our bb at parentcraft, i think i paid $40 + a session n i had a long list of questions in A4 size paper. So that was $$$ well spend for me.

Gina/lilcactus: The food at TMC is good lar! I was there last year. And yes... I like it... Other than the fish with papaya soup which smells fishy no matter who cooks it. But I still pinch my nose and drink! Otherwise, I totally love all the meals!!!

There are also refresher classes, teach you how to bath bb etc at the parent craft centre. Ask the nurses for schedule.

Leo_Baby: Catch up with u another time. Really coughing too badly liao. Preggers got lower immunity, so dun wanna pass my cough to u.

Mummies who registered for class, HAVE FUN! go earlier to queue so that you can get a good seat! You sit on the floor, so i try to get those against the shelves so that i can lean. if you prefer more attention, then sit in front, but nothing to lean.

soya milk
those mummy drinking soya milk, r u drinking the powder form or the chill type? was thinking to drinking that since i seldom drink milk (depend on my mood)...

Summerbliss. haha... i update you on my luck this time after the 10th. hopefully i can go home within 30mins.
Oh, regarding the namecard, it's not mrs wong's number lar. it's a generic number! the nurses at the lactation centre takes turn to answer it! hahahahaha... but they are all good lar. i got a lot of help from them for #1. 1st tio mastitis, then i dio chicken pox. Damn jialat.

Odiey: Later i go home check the orange paper for u. i have it with me.
I guess some gynaes don't like go package cos, what if after oscar results bad, and parents wanna terminate. Den waste the money for the detailed scan?

silvery_gal: oscar need to measure the thickness behind bb's neck. bb should be in a lying down position. for most ppl it's ok. we are just the few unlucky ones who spend a long time there cos the bb just refuse to be in the right position. my #1, did all sorts of stuns, wave at me, smile at me, show me her butt, make silly faces, but... never lie down. Even on my final attempt, it wasn't ideal, but the radiologist managed to get some reading lar.

Soya milk: contains some chemicals which isn't very good for preggers. So dun drink daily ok. Tau Huay is ok. That's what my gynae tells me.

i am also taking soya bean milk everyday from jollybean. one bottle in the noon and a class of Similac mummy milk at night.

already showing off my bump. Hahahaha! i put on 6kgs! goodness.

Silver gal> I finish my oscar scan today in abt 15 min only. The sonographer is very detailed as compared to my 1st bb one. Guess because my first bb position was not good that time also abt 3 hrs in total as had to wait for bb to turn. This time the sonographer explained every single detail she scan. Bb was sucking the thumb when we first scan. She will point out this is the hand, the upper arm, lower arm, the bones of the five fingers, the leg, the bladder, the stomach. I only got to understand all these from my 1st pregnancy sonographer only in the detailed scan at wk 20 but she showed me most parts. Not sure if she is practising her scan when she had the opportunity as these sonographers also needs to constantly upgrade themselve but she did a great job and she was saying that scanning babies was a lot better than her previous scope of scanning ppl liver. She can see the different expession of bb.

CheekyDuckie/Summerbliss, thanks. I just checked mount e and tmc websites on antenatal classes. Seems like tmc has better class schedules and more good recommendations for this Mrs Wong. Think I'm likely to go for the late Nov to Jan classes as the Feb-Mar may be quite late ler. First time, gan cheong haha.

Soya milk: I'm taking Sobe one (trim). Is it not the same as soya milk from Mr Bean or Jollybean? I don't take it daily though.

mummies> dont meant to scare you but read in the past when I was having my no. 1 that its not so good to drink too much soy bean esp if you having a boy and since we don't know gender better not drink too much. It says that the contain of soy will cause boy to be born more girlish. Not sure if its true but better to exercise caution.

Anyway beans are known to produce more gas in stomach so can cause more vomit for ppl with less tolerance to wind in stomach. I discovered that I will get very bloated with sesame and beans. i had chee cheong fun and tau huey after scan and after that was hell for me. just drank ginger slice water and now better.

Dear Mummies,

Am super disturbed by some news that my mum just revealed to me about my maid. Apparently, my maid has a bf from Kalimantan and she wants to marry him in Dec! My mum also complained to me about that fact that she has caught my maid chatting on her hp and not looking after my two kids on a few occasions when she dropped by my place. e.g. No lunch prepared for them till nearly 1 pm! My mum doesn't drop by all the time because she wants the freedom to enjoy her retirement.

I'm not sure that I trust my maid anymore for hiding such info from me. Also, I can't be sure that she will come back from home leave in Dec now. I mean, what if her new husband doesn't want her to come back?

Feeling so stressed out now and will be looking seriously at childcare options now and will be going to look at a couple of ccs near my place on Monday.

Really feeling stressed out now.
At the same time, have asked my mum to ask my maid agent how long it would be get a new maid.

El> If maids heart change then very difficult to retain. Suggest you better work out your options and arrange for her to go back to let her enjoy her marriage. She may also find it difficult to tell you her personal thing depending on how close the family is with her so find a chance to talk to her where possible.

Leo_baby- my mum told my maid that she should talk to me directly abt her impending marriage and she also wanted to take 1 mth off?! Don't know if I should wait for her to initiate the topic or I should initiate.

I think I will definitely release her from her contract in Dec. I don't see her coming back from her new husband.

Question is whether I should let her go earlier than Dec. If she knows that she's leaving in Dec, won't she already start to slack off now?

CheekyDuckie: hopefully mine would be as co-operative as urs.. having my scan coming mon...

LittleDd: wow u have put on 6kg?! r u also in 1st trimester?

i guess i better stick to drinking milk... safer...

El> U should talk eevn if she doesn't initiate. Now till dec not far and usually to get new maid in also need abt 2 mths unless you get transfer maid. I would let her go as soon as I get a replacement but you don't need to tell her that. If you need to break her contract its best to get some advice from your maid agency as I think they are some rules protecting them also so find out more but you don't need to commit to maid first and still give her positive feeling and encourage her to work better during this time to see if she can get a good marriage ang bao from you. If she wants to go back or what tell her you need to check with agency on her contract and need to work out your plans for your family members as well.

El: My suggestion is get a new maid. After marriage even if she comes back, you won't know if she will come back preggers or not woh.
U can prob let her know that if she going to get married, most likely u won't renew lar. U will access again later in the year.
Any penalties for her if she slacks from now till Dec? Can send her back to agent to request for new maid?

Cheekyduckie> my maid ask to go back 2 wks to see his son and I agreed I told her if she comes back pregnant she will pay her own ticket to go home. I was a bit concern if to let her go but I am holding 2 mth of her salary even if she goes back. Even since I bought her the ticket her performance also dropped. But I was wondering was it my homone that is making me very edgy that is always finding fault with her. I am also trying to control my outburst for bb's good.

I also think that I should get a new maid. No telling what will happen after she gets newly married.

She's already finished her contract with the agent but I renewed with her earlier this year so there really won't be any penalties if she slacks off from now till Dec except for me sending her back to Indonesia or to agent as transfer.

yes i'm also in my 1st trimester, coming 10 weeks.

speaking about maids, how long does it take to employe one? i'd need to start looking out for agencies to source a good one for me. and what's the initial 1st payment like?

any of you feel that your tummy is very stretched right now? mine is so stretched im not sure if it's the bloating or being fat or over eating.... i cant even suck in my tummy for a bit!

Any mummies still getting cramps occasionally.
Not sure if it's because of my cough. But i get quite a big of crampy feelings recently. Like just finish running 10km and whole leg very achy. Just that now that feeling is at the abdomen.

CheekyDuckie, I didn't experience much cramping. Are you taking anything to sooth your cough?

I think I might be coming down with flu. Been sneezing throughout the day. Sian.

Happy weekend everyone!

Anxious: cannot drink cough syrup leh. No safe. Flu can eat the yellow tablet. Starts with C one. Very long name. Fever can eat panado. Cough, only got lozenges.
I am coughing until i feel like puking now. And cramping cos i cough too hard. Miserable.

Preggers have lower immunity. So please stay clear of sick ppl where ever possible. Cos there's not much medication that we can eat in the first place. Very miserable to be sick and takes forever to get well.

hmm, danzen is not really meant to cure coughs but i find it works for me. my gynae says danzen can take during pregnancy.

mummies, some of us are soon graduating from 1st trimester right. anyone experienced easing of MS already?

CheekyDuckie, everyone at my in-laws was/is down with flu/cough. But I cannot siam dining with them leh. Sensitive. Tomorrow, they planning steamboat which I'm not looking forward. I'm just hoping that my body can take it since they should be recovering by now. How about pi pa gao?

Cheekieduckie
Take gd care ya. I had very bad cough when I was preggy with no 1. And like u, cough non-stop till my stomach muscle hurts. Try taking honey to soothe throat. Think its ok to take the chinese nan xin bei xin drink for cough? Ask the medical hall. I'm also the kind who dun take any medication if sick as I do not like the idea of bb absorbing the medication even if safe. Even when I breastfeed, I avoid medication too. Torture myself haha. Hope in a way my immunity has grown stronger!!

I'm in my 12th weeks n start to feel that my energy is slowly coming back! Not as fatigue as the past few weeks... Finally!!

Oh cheekieduckie, pop your vit c. Actually all preggies are recommended to take vit c every day. That's my gynae's practice!!

I'm having a dry cough too! Boiled some Luo Han Guo n soothed it somewhat. Honey lemon works too but doc told me it's for dry cough. Sour things will irritate throat n cause more phlegm.

To b honest I find ppl here not very socially responsible. A lot of ppl coughing on trains n buses. Mummies, to protect yourself a bit, can try wearing mask on public transport. Not many will do this cos pai seh but for health's sake, protect yourself.

hi mommies!
i have been taking the anti-nausea meds for 2 days but it has not completely relieve the nausea. still feel pretty blah, especially in the evenings and nights. and i feel so exhausted!!! thank God for hubby who is able to help on most evenings with #1.

El,
lucky you!! i would love to carry on an active sex life, but the nausea has been so depressing for me that i can hardly do anything at night. the only time when i was in the mood was for morning sex. i feel so bad for hubby tho, who is always in the mood, but I'm not. at least not for now. =P

Odiey: Yeah! I will go buy that horrible nan xing bei xing drink tmr. When i was bf-ing #1, and down with cough, my mother in law told me to drink that. 2 bottles and the cough was gone.

Anxious: Steamboat cook liao u eat shd be ok lar. the hot water will kill everything mah. unless they ah chooooo into your face lor.

Gina: I took hot honey lemon this afternoon with my lunch. Managed to sooth for a while only. After that the coughing starts agani.

Haru: Try ginger tea? Or put the sour plum in hot water, den drink the water?

Cheekyduckie, yah I agree with u it's not a miracle cure. Even my Luo Han Guo drink provided temporary relief only.
Coughing middle of last nite. Might hv to see doc today.

Happy weekend all mummies! Hope u manage to get a well-deserved rest!

Cheekieduckie,
That also works wonders for me for persistent cough. my mum boils it with Chinese pear n it tastes sweet. Quickly take that to cure!!

Hi everyone!

Are u all feeling a wee bit better? We shld b nearing e end of our first trimester, which means 1/3 of e journey conquered!

I think I got back some of my energy cz I was able to scold my son today..hahah! Sleep still consumes me n my complexion sux. Hahaha!

Stay healthy n happy everyone! ;)

Silvery gal: most pple have their oscar done rather quickly, i m the unfortunate few. =(

Saw gynea today n he confirmed that i pass second part of oscar ( blood test) . Relief =) But my yeast infection came back. Argg

My edd date change today to 31 mar though, think maybe bb will choose to arrive in Mar 11

Hey mummies! Enjoying ur weekend???

I m 11 weeks today! One more week to the end of the 1st trimester! Hope we can really bid goodbye to MS & tireness! And welcome the 2nd trimester, the honeymoon trimester!

Wednesday is my gynae visit and I am really looking forward to it after a 3 week long hiatus! And also Friday is the oscars test, praying for good results!

Hope everyone Is feeling great! Jiayou wor mummies!

Hi,
I've the following items for sale. 

1. Babysafe sling (used only once) dark blue colour $30
2. Baby Bjorn carrier synergy (dark blue) seldom use $150

Interested can PM me. 

twoomore,
me! i did not had to take the anti-nausea meds yesterday and today as I am feeling a lot better. altho the nausea still kicks in during the evening and peaks at night, i found e best way is to sleep it off. just pray that my energy is returning and the nausea will slowly go away!

cheekyduckie, how's your cough? Did the nan xing bei xing drink help? I drank the luo han guo drink for 2 days and I'm ok now! What a relief!

There's another drink at Hock Hwa called "zhi ke tang". It has figs and dried orange in it (among other things) so it's quite pleasant to drink. I also tried that before for 3 straight days and my 3-week cough cured! But I'm not sure if that one is pregnancy safe so check with them first.

twoormore, thanks for the encouragement! I'm entering Wk 11 soon...yes, nearly 1/3 there! My nausea also worsens around evening but yes, can feel that slowly getting better in the day even tho I'm still mostly in bed but don't feel so awful after meals now *touch wood and cross fingers n toes*

mossie, have you been discharged from tmc? How are you?

Jia you all mummies!

Back