(2012/04) Apr 2012

Babysean,

Yup, apply the zum-bak n can still c the bump. Hopefully will subside in a few days. If i gave her Enfalac, she poo 3x or 4x per day. Poo not watery but a bit damp. That's y GP advise try Isomil for 2weeks. Started soy on sun n din poo on sun. Finally poo on mon n can tell she use strength to poo out. Hv been giving her water since on solids.

Just wondering, can bb sudden become sensitive to cow milk? She has been taking enfalac since birth n only 1mths plus ago hv tis frequent pooing.

Will c how it goes after the 2 wks.

Like to check, does your kiddo knw how to crawl yet? Mine still cant really crawl but can see she is learning...

Anyone send their bb to classes?

Haha trying ro create topic to discuss as tis thread v quiet :)

bbtwo:
enfalac is stage 2? my gal since birth drinking similac too, and now with stage 2, having eczema prob. your gal's freq poo also started aft changing to stage 2?

my gal also learning to crawl now. usually going bkwards. but can change direction already.

not sending her to any lessons and dun think i will do that in near future. nvr send my boy for any lesson, so likely will be same case for my gal too. my ex-boss started sending her gal for Shichida Method from 5mths old onwards. how abt u?

how much porridge r your babies taking now? my gal max is juz half of a small bowl. cannot totally replace a feed yet. how abt the rest?

Babysean, nope dn change to stage 2 yet as tis current formula up to 12mths. Strange hor. Will hv to wait and c after 2 wks of soy n changing back to enfalac.

Haha my gal also starting going backwards but not too sure she change direction yet as din c her do tat.

I hv not start any lesson but went for a trial music class. Surprisingly after tis trial, she started to make ah sounds more frequently. Dunno whether she is trying to sing haha

Shichida is super ex to me n i dun think i hv energy to revise at home as understand tis needs to b done. Hence, never consider tat. Learnt tat the kids learn double digit add n substraction at very young age. Wonder if kids knw too much at such early age, will kid feel bored when starting pri sch since they already knw everything....

bbtwo, then ur situation even more strange than mine! at least mine did change FM, but u nvr.

wow, u start bringing her to trial class! i think i will wait til she passes 1 yr old then try.

My girl can finished a bowl of porridge. She is having fish porridge with carrots n broccoli for dinner. As for breakfast would be si shen brown rice or bellamy apple & cinnamon baby porridge or bellamy plain baby porridge mix with whatever i have in the fridge!

Sometimes will feed apple puree mixed with avocado after a meal. Depending on my mood... Haha

I wont b sending my baby to any classes yet cos too young. But i do wish to bring her to the pool. However i m worried abt the clorine inside. Is it ok?

As for crawling, my super active baby is always on the move. Can also across barriers.. Haiz. So i always gt to look out for her whenever she is slping. Just to make sure she is nt awake yet..

silvery_gal:
wow, your gal eats very well and very active too. i'm still patiently waiting for her to be able to eat more porridge. she can crawl across barriers? barriers as in bolsters & pillows? yah, now must watch them closely if put on bed. now i try to put her more in walker. she can only move backwards now, so til can leave her inside while i run off to do washings.

my baby is very active too, can't sit still and once we put her down only she will "eh eh eh" and start to make noise. she crawls like those army boys crawling on the pool of mud.. wahhahaha... thats how she crawls.. she's always grabbing things & OUR HAIR!!!! always pulling pple hair :'(

mine knows how to make noise when we r going out, she will smile happily & open her hands wide wanting me to carry her if i dun she will "eh eh eh" again, sounds so ke lian...

my maid usually forces my girl to finish her porridge. usually morning she doesnt take breakfast, lunch will be cereal and dinner fish porrdge.

anyone of u let ur baby move ard in walker? i bought the bright stars move a round but she starting to make noise cos she can only move within the circle.. hehe.. so i'm thinking if i shd buy a walker for her so she can move ard the house freely?

Babysean, yeah n if she totally on soy, will b constipated n cant pass motion so me start giving her formula again. Finally poo tis morning :)

My gal still cant really crawl but can see she is trying. Used her head as bulldozer n push ahead. Now she is able to lift her bums now. She is very active too n can reach out and pull things fr table. Just had a fall fr the stroller yesterday w a bump on head now.

I too hv a walker but din let her use. Gd for their development?

walker: i'm using the walker for my gal. used it for my boy prev too. i dun really see any dev prob. juz have to watch them in case they go ard and anyhow grab things. my boy was bigger size, so he did not manage to crawl much. he progress to walking from walker. my gal likely will be able to crawl, got potential. haha. walker wise, she has not manage to move fwd yet.

porridge: mummy_baby2008, how ur maid force her to finish? i dun dare to force her, juz in case she vomit. last time my boy will vomit if i insist he eat more.

isomil: yah, my gal's poo also harder. last nite she poo til sweat. hopefully won't be so hard everytime.

grabbing things: my gal has not started to grab my hair yet. she likes to sweep her hands on my face, not gd for her when i wear make up.

bbtwo: how did ur gal fall from the stroller? u mean she try to crawl out of it? wow, i guess u need those 5 pt harness type.

Babysean, not too sure how it happen but she must b tring to get out fr the stroller so now my mum gotta keep eyes on her 100% of time.

Pulling of hair- i m a victim too. Everyday will lose a few strands of hair. My spectacles osso another item my gal like to grab haha

Hey mummies, it's been a long time since i last updated!
happy.gif

Just want to share.. My boy is fully breastfed. At 3 months old he started having diarrhea for more than a week so i brought him to pd and he was diagnosed as lactose intolerant/sensitive to cow milk protein. I had to abstain from dairy products so i stopped drinking fresh milk. Now he is 7 months old, same thing happened again when i started to drink fresh milk. It's been more than a week but he's still having watery stools. Pd says it takes up to two weeks to clear out of his system. I love to drink fresh milk. I used to drink twice a day. I feel so sad that i have to abstain. Thinking if i should just let him try formula... But he doesn't take bottle!

My boy started cruising two weeks ago. I am super busy chasing after him at home! Thought the crawling stage was a headache but cruising is worse cos he's still so wobbly. Ended up falling down many times a day.

He's eating 3 small meals a day. about one baby bowl serving size. I have not replaced any milk feeds though. He takes cereal with fruits for breakfast and porridge, mashed potatoes or pasta with meat and vegetables for lunch and dinner.

Think we are all at a very busy stage now? It will only get busier! Haha..

babysean: yup, barriers as in bolsters n pillows. my queen size mattress is now lying on the floor together with single size mattresses. she can climb/crawl from single to queen.

my girl is also on walker most of the time esp daytime. although wont fall, still have to watch out as babies can walk ard grabbing things. she is nw an expert in walker, can move ard very fast!

Bbtwo: initially when i read is no gd for development, i also dun feel like giving it to baby. but u see, we also grew up using walkers!!
haha, my girl also love to pull hair n specs. even on mrt, she will also wan to pull other passengers' hair. TERRIBLE! and will b extremely happy to see ppl with long hair.

Babysean : my maid will talk to her and when she is being distracted my maid will quickly put 1 spoonful of porridge to her mouth.

seems like babies ard our stage gets excited when they see long hair..

silvery_gal, for serious diaper rash, should use the purple packaging desitin. prev for my gal, doc gave us Potassium Permanganate solution to wash her bum. for now, refrain from using wet wipes to clean her, juz use cotton balls.

What lotion you want to apply over desitin?

silvery_gal, using the purple desitin on its own may not be good enuff. depend on how bad is her rash. to help her heal, she must stop the freq or watery stools first. then with the PP solution and purple desitin, the rash is gone within a few days.

maybe she's teething. PD also mentioned to keep their bottom dry b4 applying the nappy rash cream. So aft wiping with cotton balls, i will use tissue paper to dab and then fan her bottom. she likes it, find it very amusing. haha.

Hi all,

I'm from the may thread, but because my gal was born on 01 may, I thought its better for me to read here
happy.gif

Anyway, I need some help from u all. I wanted to cook for my girl, but I'm not sure what to cook. Because I never cook before, I dont know how to cook. Anyone can give me a step by step guide on how to cook fish porridge w broccoli or other vege? Or maybe meat porridge w other vege as well? Also what kind of fish or meat should I buy?

Not sure if I should buy si sen from Chinese medical shop. And if yes, how to mix inside the porridge?

Thanks for ur help. My girl is currently taking enfa milk and cereal buy off the shelf...

She already have 2 bottom teeth.

bb 2012- i m giving si shen brown rice fr EYS. I only mix with milk or fruits. As for fish porridge, i just cook until soft n pasty then add in fish. Cos fish cook very fast.

U r welcome. Give threadfin fish. Usually i cooked with skin n remove b4 serving. I will also put in broccoli puree.
So after cooking the porridge to the consistency i wan, i will throw in my broccoli puree then fish. After the fish is cooked, it will b ready to serve...

Some mothers will boil a large pot of stock then freeze it. Take a portion out for every meal. But for me, i seldom boil stock. Too troublesome... Do it ocassionally n only enough for 3 meals. Dun like to keep for long... I prefer fresh food. But if i dun boil stock, i will just a few pcs of carrot to sweeten it...

I think is up to individual on hw u would like to prepare the porridge. Dun b too stress up. Me also 1st time mummy...

bbtwo:
your bb still on soy? i think likely i have to stick to soy for a while. mine din poo for 2 days, so i give her some probiotic to take. immed the rash start to surface again on her face! i think more or less confirm she's allergic to cow milk. sigh.

Similac Stage 2:
Any bb taking this now? My gal cannot take it now due to her eczema. I have 4 tins of 900g and staying in Woodlands. PM me if anyone interested, all local stock purchased from NTUC.

Hi bbsean,

Yup, my bb still on soy but not totally as 100% soy, cant poo so now i take at least 2 soy feeds per day. Probiotic can cause enzyma? I m giving that to her too. How much u gave? I gave 5 drops. These 2 days dunno wat happen, bb keep burp/ vomit out a while after feed. Also show signs of wanting to vomit when i feed her..... Anyone experience tis n knw wats wrong?

Still no sign of upper tooth for my precious but hv 2 bottom teeth n seem to show signs of 2 more bottom ones. Is this normal??

hi bbtwo,

the probiotic i give is from Childlife, powder form. i read the contents, it contains milk protein lor. my gal likely is allergic to cow milk protein. yday she poo 4 times after nvr poo for 2 days. feel so relieved.

so aft u give at least 2 times soy, how's her poo pattern now?

vomit usually is aft which feed? soy or normal FM? tummy not feeling well? stomach flu? if continue, maybe bring her see doc.

both my kids have the bottom 2, follow by the upper 2. but i guess should not be any concern if bottom 4 come out first.

Hi bbsean

Poo pattern is once or twice a day with 2 soy feeds. My probiotic is fr tis brand Gia, i think, as out now so cant check. It contain sunflower oil n seem like quite popular with PD as the 2 PDs that i went to prescribe tis. Even my GP osso knw of tis. Dunno whether it contain milk but u may 1 2 check with ur PD? Understd tis is to strengthen the stomach. How's ur precious poo pattern?

Anyone can advise with 1x cooked porridge n 1x ready mic rice, how much mikl shd the bb take? Wondering whether i overfed mine???

Haiz. Last sun my girl is coughing a lil, nt serious n no phlemgh. GP said so long active n appetite is gd then no need med. Things turnes bad on tue night. Brought to pd n was diagnosed with bronchitis.
Till nw her appetite is still bad. Used to drink 180ml nw even 90ml 1st feed have to split 2 times to drink. Only solid food she can take in more.... The rest of her milk feed she dun even wan to finish anything more than 60ml.
Is it ok to drink so much lesser?

Hi, my baby is taking happy bellies cereal + 1 serving of fruit for lunch and fish porridge for dinner, in between she will take 120ml of milk every 2-3 hourly..

Btw she's getting abit too hyper, when I carry her, she keep moving here & there twisting her body & wanna look in front, I'm think of getting a carrier, shd I?? Now she is already 7 mth plus.. Any of u here still using carrier? Isit useful? Wat brand did u all take? Anybody knw the diff between baby Bjorn & ergo? I'm those small sized mummy so which carrier will b more suitable. ?

bbtwo,
after 2 days of no poo, she finally poo 4x on 3rd day. haha. these few days is once or twice a day. my gal drinks 4 hrly, so even when she finish a small bowl of porridge, she still can finish her milk when it's time for it. and she's been crying aft each feed, seems like not enuff! she's drinking 180ml 4hrly now. tonite may try make her 200ml, see if she can finish or not.

silvery_gal:
so sorry to hear that your gal is sick! is she on nebuliser now? i guess you can only try to feed her more often, and hopefully when she feels btr, she will gain bk all the weight loss.

crawling:
mine also still learning. must make sure we clear the path in front of her when she's trying to crawl. she like leap fwd and then will fall flat on her face. hahah. still moving backwards and can change direction at the moment.

Silvery_gal: My boy was not feeling well (runny nose and slight cough) last week too. Brought him to his PD and gave him medicine for 2 days. He is well now except I still hear mucus in his nose. Similarly, he refused to drink milk/water (about half of what he usually drink) but since he is taking his solids well; I didn't think much about it. However, I noticed that he lost weight just by that 2 days of refusing milk... =( Hope he will drink more milk and gain back the weight.

Bbtwo: I am wondering if I underfeed my boy. He is taking 3 solids and only drinks 450ml milk each day. If he wakes up for night feed; then it will be an additional of 150ml milk. Mummies, how much milk are you feeding with 3 solids per day?

Drop in BM: My BM supply drop by half when I was down with stomach flu recently. Apart from pumping regularly; can any mummies share how to build back the supply?

Crawling:
My boy can crawl but sometimes still doing the leaping forward (so fearful that he will fall flat on his face).

Standing:
My boy is able to pull himself up into a standing position in his cot and playpen. Have difficulties to make him sit down at times as he loves to stand! Any mummies here know if it is ok for him to stand at this young age?

silvery_gal, hope your bb will get well soon. Understand how u feel as i experienced it before too. Think when bbies having flu, its tough for them to suckle n drink fr bottle. Gd that she is taking her solids. Mayb u can try what i did last time, feed her more frequently since she is taking lesser amts each feeds. Knw its tough but it will b over once she is well. Dun worry too much :)

Babysean, u giving your gal total soy now? Haha can emphathize with your great relief as i too am like you. Whew!! Finally poo!! I hv reduced to 1x soy now n keeping fingers cross tat everything is gd...

My gal intake is almOst like yours but nowadays, i dun really force her to drink the milk if she doesnt want it.

Lyn, my gal taking ard 180ml 4 + hrly plus 2x solids.

Hv you all stop the night feeds? Mine still hv tat. How do u all stop the nite feeds?

bbtwo:
yah, now she's on total soy but able to poo at least once daily. i'm not sure if i'm gonna try switch her bk to normal cow milk. maybe aft 1 mth then i give it a try. her rashes not totally subsided yet, so dun wanna risk any flareup again.

my gal still wakes up once for feed, timing not fixed but these few days is ard 5am. i dun really intend to stop her nite feed. did not do that for my boy too. i juz wait for him to auto stop on his own.

Babysean, heehee same thinking as me but its tiring lor. Its gd that she can poo at least once daily with soy :) is it confirmed by doc tat she is allergy to cow milk? Agree tat u shd not switch back so fast if she is allergic

Nope, did not bring her to doctor to confirm on her allergy yet. Juz that since we stop giving her Similac and cereal (contains milk), she has stopped developing new rashes. Existing ones also subsided. I try to give her more water now, sometimes she drinks sometimes she dun.

thanxs mummies.. my girl is much better now. finally her milk intake has increased but havent returned to her normal intake... still coughing and having runny nose!

Bbtwo: i dunno remember when my girl stopped her night feed (quite a few mths back). guess it is difficult to stop as they r still very young and they dun understand. for my girl, even if she wake up at midnight, all she wans is to be carried for awhile then back to slp (this pattern just started when she was sick, so every night she will wake up. last time b4 sick, is slp thr)

Hihi, I am also an April'12 mummy and just seeking opinions about exposing our babies to Ipad, iphone and TV at this age?

Do you restrict only at a certain time range or totally no-no?

hi chindeh, i try not to let my girl watch TV as it is proven tat kids exposed to TV at young age would be less attentive. As for Hp, i only let my baby see her photos after i took a snap of her...

Happy New Year to all mommies and their little ones!!

Hv been so bz with the Yr end activities n hv not visited this page for a long while.

How is everyone n their young ones??

Happy New Year to all too!

Some updates on my little gal.

- Able to crawl forward a little
- Able to sit up on her own from crawling position
- Juz suffer first fall from bed last nite!!!

I try giving my gal fruits but seems like she dun like them. So far only try twice. 1st time i give her gerber pear puree. 1 small spoon, maybe only 1/4 fill, and she vomitted it out with her porridge! Last nite my mum steam some apple for her to try. Again, she show us the 'wanna vomit' look! So i quickly stop, juz in case she vomit again. This is really very strange. Any bb experiencing this? She's on Isomil and Porridge twice now, so her poo is rather hard. Was hoping to give her some fruits to soften her stools. But she's not taking them. Sigh.

Hi BabySean, you can try prune puree/juice. I give my boy plum organic's prune puree to help soften his stools and it works for him! Especially when I notice that he tries very hard to poo (like constipated like that); I will give it to him in the morning and by noon time he will have soft poo.

My boy fell from bed before too. Did you bring your gal to the PD? Try to monitor her for the next 2 days for vomit/fever. That's what the PD told me when my boy fell from the bed the other time.

Happy New Year to all mummies and God Bless!!!

My boy is refusing his milk AGAIN. =(
His intake reduced from 400 - 500ml a day to now only 300ml per day. But, he LOVES his solids (breakfast, lunch, dinner). Any mummies experiencing the same as well?

Any recommendations for playgroup or nurseries in the East (Katong area)? My boy seems very bored at home and I am looking around for playgroup/nurseries for him. Thank you.

Lyn, but my gal seems like cannot take those fruit puree. i believe prune one will be more sour than pear and apple. so i dare not try. i did buy a bottle at hm.

i did not bring her to PD, she seems ok. yah, will monitor her closely. luckily my bedroom floor is laminated, so i think not as painful as tiles.

some kids juz dun like milk. so far my gal still drinking ard 900ml per day.

BabySean: hw abt banana? is sweet... bu cannot feed the long type.

Introduced my girl yogurt n egg yolk.

Yesterday fed her with slightly more yogurt n her became too watery... gosh.. cannot feed too much!

Back