(2011/12) Dec 2011

Welcome silent mummies.

Tangerine: baby's feeding is now 3 hourly in the day. First meal time varies between 7 to 8 plus. For 3 meals latch first then give cereal. 4th meal latch and supplement FM. Last feed around 7.30 pm latch then give big bottle of FM. He'll sleep and wake up usually twice for feed and wakes up around 7 plus in morning.

Thanks for the warm welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoyosan: The pd also said I could start Caleb on solids during his 4th mth vaccination as his weight was on the lower end but I haven't done so. I'm thinking of starting him on it next week. What is the frequency and amount that we should give when we start?

Hi mommies, anyone giving their babies HA formula? My girl had a couple of bouts of diarrhoea (with blood) and our PD recommended enfalac HA. She's doing ok on it, but not sure if we should try going back to the normal FM. Coz all these 'special' FM gives me the feeling that it's not the best for them. Plus the enfalac HA is super ex!

Wawonie: Yup, I think most imortantly is that your baby is healthy and gaining weight constantly. In fact I am a bit worried that my gal will grow up overweight. But my mum said my younger bro was once a chubby bb and now see, how thin he is.

Grace: Envy envy, you have a christmas bb! I kept telling my gal to pop during X'mas, who knows that she would like to see the world 5 days earlier :p

Tangerine: Otherwise u can try this link

https://www.abbott.com.sg/family/freesamples_net/child_samples_step1.aspx

Echo: He was a week early and a really pleasant surprise for hubby and I. Labour was real quick too. Looks like he really wanted to be a x'mas baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I myself am a dec baby too. Looks like dec will be a month of celebrations!

Grace,

I start w rice cereal, 1 tsp with ebm or fm, once a day. Once no constipation or ls or allergic reaction, either u wan to increase the quantity or increase freq of solids. Some mommies here their bbs take to solids well, so is feeding 3x now. For me, I go slow cos bb only 5mos.

Echo,

Size, height, all in the genes. If u & hb normal avg size, bb will also, in time to come. She might be a bit bigger now but if she is genetically destined to be avg build, sooner or later she'll "wait" for her peers to catch up. No worries of fei mei la.

Yuet sim,

Latch first then solids, bb can still eat? Eating how much now? Do u feel bb latching lesser duration now ( like tangerine's) or no diff?

Tangerine,

U intend to express out after his latch, after u gave solids, to maintain ur ss?

Ccs,

Most important is bb's health. Build up her health first before changing formula. Or the diarrhoea if repeat again would be quite upsetting for u n bb.

Special fm won't lose out to normal fm. They hv other ingredients to replace those in normal fm. How can they lose out to normal fm if they cost so much more ya?

Yuet sim: mine quite similar to yours. Day time frequency about 3-4hr. Giving 3 meals of cereal. Last feed is 8+pm, sleeps ard 9.30-10, wakes twice to feed, then finally wakes up at abt 9am. I also have to supplement with fm at night, either after the last feed, or in the middle of the night. In total 6 or 7 feeds in 24hr.

Echo: thanks for the link!

Yoyosan: I thought of expressing after every feed, but so far haven't tried. Very leh cheh leh. Usually after feeding I'll have to quickly do other stuffs (like laundry and feed myself) before he starts fussing. If want to express still got to sterilize, wash etc.

Tangerine,

Me too! In the end I think is we latching mummies wean from bfing first cos we find too ley chey to do it. I intend let nature takes its own course. Got bm, best. No more bm, then fm. If pump after every meal, bb will be wailing away... But the trouble is, mine dunno how to drink from bottle. :s

Yoyosan,

Guess you are right. I just don't want to give my girl the FM that's not the best for her, since I already couldn't give her much BM.

I haven't started her on solids yet, PD told us to wait till 6mths. But seeing all of you having fun feeding your babies solids, makes me wanna start also!

Yesterday saw two tiny white bumps on her lower gums, looks like teeth! I thought teething supposed to be 9mths? The hokkien saying, qit zey, buay bei, gao chut gey? (7mths sit, 8mths crawl, 9mths teething)

I am a bad mummy. My gal just fell from bed. Hit floor with a thump on head! Cry like crazy. Now got bump. all pls be careful, they flip, now they turn like crazy. I was too ccomplacent. My heart so pain now.

Yoyosan: OMG, have u brought ur bb go for a doc? Observe if she has any unusual symptoms. This is accident, don't reprimand yourself.

Whoa so many new posts and new mommies, hi all!

Thanks Bubbles for the effort to create the list, a few more to complete dec! Woohoo!

Yoyosan: Aiyo, poorthing, is she ok?

Seems like many have started cereal! Im too lazy to prepare. Lord i must be the only mum who knows nothing about solid. Still got 1 month to slack before going into the solid world hehe.

Mommies:

If we bring baby overseas around 8-9mths+, how do we prepare the food if baby is already taking semi-solids? Babies around that age need approx 3x solids per day right? Apart from cereal, how do we prepare the fruits and veggies outside?

Yoyosan: hope she's ok!

Ejunko: I was thinking abt the overseas question also. I'll be bringing baby overseas at 8 and 9 mth. Was thinking if cooking is not an option, just use those ready to eat jar foods, since it's only a few days. Any other options?

Yoyosan, oooh.. I hope she is better and bump is gone soon.

Ejunko, u mean how ot prepare fruit and veggies overseas or "outside" as in outside hotel? Tangerine is right, jar food is one option. If you want can also buy the pigeon food that comes in boxes, usually there are 2 sachets in each box. If microwave is not available, u can also use hot water to warm up the sachets and the cut open to serve. Not really need to boil them in a pot of hot water as instructed.

Else, you can give fruit that need not be cooked, like banana and avocado.

we are going back to Michigan this summer, and Emma has yet to explore a wide variety of food, so I may have to be more hard working.

KK, both. As in preparing food overseas, outside of hotel. Those jar food can been given for a few days straight, right? Was nagged by hubby to give baby this type of food, just so to satisfy my urge to travel. So i thot perhaps theres alternatives then i can slap him back LOL.

Ejunko, personally, I also do not advocate feeding this type of food to baby, and I did "suffer" when I took my boy out. Cos besides no jar food, I also advocate no salt, no msg. And I wasn't even overseas, I was at the Taka baby fair and we all went to crystal jade next to the atrium. I asked if they have porridge w/o salt added, answer was "no". I ended up buying the "mommy's recipes" or something like that name from Heinz. He did not eat at all.

Having said that, I did not start piling him with convenient food. I just have to preamp and prepare his food in advance. The Pigeon food was carefully selected to make sure they contain something he would eat.

Ejunko, I am thinking of bringing baby to malacca in aug, yar food jars is the answer! But there are some food for baby which I thk is ready pack and easy to prepare kind.. Maybe works like our instant noodle. Or I thk by then they can eat munch on biscuits and puffs.. Or cereal lor.. Just add water.

KK: Oh...erm, how come you didnt bring your own porridge out that time leh?

SQin: Sheeeet, if jar food is really the ans, i can forget about travelling for now.

AHHHHHH i miss the fried rice at Phuket lahhhhhhh

1 Dec - tigger *G*

2 Dec - wonderland *B*

4 Dec - bubbles *G* Tessa

4 Dec - KK *G* Emma .

5 Dec - tangerine *B* Ethan

6 Dec - lyn *B* Elijah

7 Dec - curry *G* Evie

9 Dec - ccs *G* Ashlyn

10 Dec - yuet sim *B* Samuel

11 Dec - girltradester *B* Gabriel

13 Dec - shirley berries star *G*

14 Dec - yi chin *G* Yun Rui

14 Dec - ejunko *B* Lucas

14 Dec - enivi *B*

14 Dec - SZ *B* Zachery

16 Dec - tiffmama *G*

16 Dec - snowyotaru *B*

17 Dec - lay leng *B* Ethan

19 Dec - poseidon_gal *B* Keyan

20 Dec - Echo *G* Yu Fan

20 Dec - wawonie *G* Aliya

22 Dec - Sqin *B* Shaun

22 Dec - Ma Li *G* ZiYan

23 Dec - yoyosan *G* Charlotte

23 Dec - annie *B* Josh

23 Dec - jas55 *B*

25 Dec - grace11 *B* Caleb

28 Dec - shirley 11 *B*

31 Dec - cookie monster *G*

Hi mummies, didnt log in the past few days as baby was having flu n cough and I was having a few sleepless nights... So tiring when baby fell sick. Heartache too to see him on medication at such tender age. Wonder why since no one was sick at home. Thought babies who drink bm are supposed to be stronger? Now wondering if I should go ahead with my travel plan as I am afraid his immunity may not be good.

Yoyosan: hope yr baby is ok. My boy latch less than 10 min total for both sides then he is still hungry. He is eating about 2 tsp if cereal (dry) after latching. Introducing vege now. Made a face with carrots yesterday.

Snowy: hope yr baby is better now. No fun them being sick mummy not only lack sleep but also worry.

KK: do u know where they sell pigeon food packs? Have not noticed them before, maybe I wasn't looking.

KK: thanks. will try to go to Taka this weekend. Yr baby start swim lessons so soon, I thought most places only take from 6 months on? Where do you bring her? Rolling over, yeah, another milestone. Got to watch her more closely now.

Grace: Then I think our EDD was very near, coz my gal pop 2 weeks earlier :p

KK: Where do you enroll your bb for the swimming lesson? How much does it cost? I also thought only can start from 6 mths onward le.

Snow: My bb got blocked nose even in the 1st or 2nd week eventhough no one is sick at home. But my husband like to kiss her lips. And my mum scared she get too cold, I scared her get too hot. Hahahaha. Then at 5th/6th week, she got sore throat and stuffy nose and slight coughing again. Even the PD asked me why is my BM so lousy. Then my mum condemned me for putting bb in air con room, eventhough I set the temp at 27 C!!! Rili heartache to see her suffering that time. Luckily she is ok after that, and never fall sick anymore, no fever after all the jabs so far also (touch wood!!) But I become a bit kiasu after that, my friend told me tat the New Obimin only contains very little Vit C, so I take additional Vit C and have a lot of fruits.

hi Echo

I am a silent reader as i cant remb my password and thus cant post my comments most of the times.

But after reading your comment .. i couldnt help it but quickly resetting my PW and come in to encourage u.

Wat do ur PD mean by your BM is lousy?!! Mother's BM are suppose to be the best milk!

Really hope u will not be affected and stop Breastfeeding early ya

Try to keep ur bb clean n healthy, do not allow her to go near to pp who seem to be sick, keep clean hands when handling her.

Plus u urself eating healthy diet, Vit C n etc will help to boost your BM

But jus be assure that ur BM is the best k

Jiayou! =)

hi mummies! i was active here during preg but after bb out hardly got time log-on to PC coz sahm with koala baby. Use iphone hard to type, screen so small! Silent reader until i saw the bb list! wah, so many bb same date as my gal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my gal's born on 14 Dec. Gona start her on cereal this weekend coz PD told us to start when she's 5.5mth old.

She pooed just now, cried until red and tummy tight. See liao very gek sim. She been drinking more FM lately, so poo is of toothpaste consistency and she always cries loudly when gek sai. But if i give more BM, then no such problem. However I've been struggling with low low BM supply ever since day 1. I'm so tired waking up at 3am daily to pump, only to get 80ml. Not even enuff for 1 feed coz bb drinks 150ml now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Thinking of stopping bf liao.. but 不舍得...

1 Dec - tigger *G*

2 Dec - wonderland *B*

4 Dec - bubbles *G* Tessa

4 Dec - KK *G* Emma .

5 Dec - tangerine *B* Ethan

6 Dec - lyn *B* Elijah

7 Dec - curry *G* Evie

9 Dec - ccs *G* Ashlyn

10 Dec - yuet sim *B* Samuel

11 Dec - girltradester *B* Gabriel

13 Dec - shirley berries star *G*

14 Dec - yi chin *G* Yun Rui

14 Dec - ejunko *B* Lucas

14 Dec - enivi *B*

14 Dec - SZ *B* Zachery

14 Dec - Acequenn *B* Dominic

14 Dec - usaginoko *G* Miyoko

16 Dec - tiffmama *G*

16 Dec - snowyotaru *B*

17 Dec - lay leng *B* Ethan

19 Dec - poseidon_gal *B* Keyan

20 Dec - Echo *G* Yu Fan

20 Dec - wawonie *G* Aliya

22 Dec - Sqin *B* Shaun

22 Dec - Ma Li *G* ZiYan

23 Dec - yoyosan *G* Charlotte

23 Dec - annie *B* Josh

23 Dec - jas55 *B*

25 Dec - grace11 *B* Caleb

28 Dec - shirley 11 *B*

31 Dec - cookie monster *G*

Wow!! My day just ended!!

Yuet Sim n Echo. Emma is taking lesson in a pte home with a lap pool. Sharon the coach takes max 3 babies each time. My son started swimming at 5mths. Emma's first lesson was more than a mth ago. I waited for another dec mom but today her girl just Recovered fr cough and cold so it was just me and another 8mth old Nicole.

Coach said can start as early as 2mths, but my hb wants to hv her injection first..

Today started semi-solid rice cereal but my bb reject spoon feeding. I guess coz' he is too hungry to eat from spoon! End up I have to diluted it n put in milk bottle for him.

I tried the pigeon vacuum packed food for my #1 when we took her overseas when she was about 15 months. Very convenient, just used the kettle in the hotel to boil water, then immerse the packet into the hot water to warm it up. Smell very nice too, like miso soup and my girl finished it up. I got it from BHG in Bugis, baby section.

yoyosan, is Charlotte better now? Up to today, I think Yunrui had fallen off the sofa/ bed/ mattress for a total of 3 times already. I worse then u lah. I did make sure I put her right in the centre of the bed/ mattress before I go do housework, but she still managed to roll off. Today, I put her on the mattress on the floor, put my 2 girls in front of her and asked them to play in front of her. 10min later, she's crying on the floor already.

KK, happy for Emma! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wow Yi chin, u can handle 3 kids on ur own at home? Kudos! Now we are having like 3 adults to share the load of taking care of ONE baby (my mum, hubby and me).

Thinking of transferring kaizhe to slp on the mattress on the floor, the playpen seems a bit small for him now.

Starting solids this sat.. Counting down.

I also couldn't decide to get exersaucer or jumperoo, so rented it to see how. My bb happy max 20min in exersaucer. Next I'll rent jumperoo. How about walker? Seems gd to put bb inside while I cook but read a lot of negative comments on walkers...

Echo, I just realised I did not answer your qn fully.. I pay $28/lesson of 30mins. But many times we exceed the 30mins. Reason to start early is that baby can hold their breath under water as they were from our water bag before. Anyway, lesson is more for adult to handle baby correctly in water in the initial stage so that the baby will not fear going under the water.

I'm very rusty from handling baby in the pool so Emma drank quite a bit of water today and she is of course not liking it. My hb can handle the, better cos he swam with my boy for 2 years.

I never have exersaucer, I have always have jumperoo. During my boy's time, a friend of ours lend it to us and he loves it so much he could almost make a hole on the ceiling. Emma likes to be held so she has to be switched between bumbo, walker, rocker and jumperoo. Yes, I succumbed to getting a walker for her bcos at least she could move around the apartment and watch us.

girltradester

I bot exersaucer for #1 but he didn't use for long, so this time I bot the jumperoo for #2, hopefully will make my $$ worth.

Ace, thanks a lot for your encouragement. Yup, at first I did feel a little upset as my gal always fall sick.It was not vy smooth for my bfing also. Suffered fr sore nipple til bleeding, not enough milk supply, nurse for 1-1.5 hrs almost every session (I feel like I was a cow tat time, faint), yet she cried again aft 1 hr. Then my mum, husband and MIl afraid she was hungry, so kept asking me to give FM. So the 1st 6th weeks I hv to supplement with a little bit of FM. It was so stressful esp this is my 1st bb, I am inexperienced. I vy scared to hear my bb cry, coz they would keep asking me if the bb still hungry, should give FM... It was the PD which assure me that my milk supply is sufficient, as my bb weight gain was so good. So this PD is just being blunt sometime, overall she is still gd :p I am so glad that I've finally overcome all these and my bb is on total bm since 6th weeks till now. I ve decided to continue till she is 1 yo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

KK: Tq for the info [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yi Chin: My bb also roll a lot. She co-sleeps with us so also at the center of the mattress. But everynite I have to wake up a few times to look for her and move her back to her original position. Hahaha. She can roll fr vertical to horizontal with her head on my or my husband's butt. Super funny.

BTW, I have a $5 dicount voucher for purchase of 900g Similac milk powder, exp dec 2012. Anyone need this voucher?

snowy,

talk about flu n cough, evie is on nebuliser these days.. sigh... PD said her lungs super congested.. to the extend she rejects milk coz can't drink n breathe at the same time. kept crying coz she's hungry but can't drink... i super xim thia loh..

'new; mummies, wanna leave ur email here so that we can add u in fb? =)

Echo, I went thru the same bf situation as you. Nurse 1hr+ but bb cries for milk again w/in 1hr. I couldn't do anything except sit n latch whole day until I wanted to give up. Then I started to alternate her feeds btw latch & fm and that helped save my sanity n continue bf till now even tho not total bf. Think I'll stop bf once solids feeding is established.

Mummies of baby boys, are your babies reaching for their bird bird?? Mine is! Everytime I change diapers or bathe him, he'll use 1 hand to grab his didi. Thought this will only happen much later!

Tangerine, ur baby is so cute! Haha.. Mine only know how to hold his feet. Haven't seen him touch that area yet.

Thanks mommies for ur concern. Her bump still there, red red, but other than that, seems ok. Now it's either floor, cot or playpen for her if I should walk away.

Curry,

Try using spoon or syringe to feed E. Easier for her, no need to suck hard n breathe hard at same time. Hope she gets well soon.

Kk,

U going back Michigan for hol?

Travel,

U mommies really brave. I only went overseas when my #1 was 18mths.

ejunko, y eat jar food u cannot travel?

Tangerine,

Tho mine's not ah boy, u dun worry. It's not any sexuality issue, but rather he found something to catch on to, n he rem where. So next round he just go for it. Give him something else to hold the next time n he will forget.

Back