(2011/12) Dec 2011

tigger,

waseh, really lihai man!

ytd i tried feeding evie healthy times brown rice cereal.. so fun.. but i mix too much bm in it. so a bit watery. her reaction is like.. hmmm... simi lai eh? taste not bad.. LOL!

will again tonight =)

tigger88: supermama indeed. I'm sure yr weekends packed & hopefully full of joy & laughter.

tiffmama: first time eating cereal is a messy business. Did u warm up the ebm? I mix cereal with warm FM. Usually have to wait awhile and the cereal will 'expand' then it won't be so watery. All the best for sleep training at night.

Curry: have fun with feeding =)

hello mommies,

welcome to tigger & tiffmama!

tessa is 5.5mths liao leh.... stil deciding if i wanna start her on semi-solids....... duno wan to buy avent blender bo.... so headache... wanna start semi solids now but wanna wait til 31 may to motherhood fair see got promo for avent blender anot... but by then she b very near to 6mths liao.... haiya, me tis mama so many dilemmas... wahahahahah!

anyway, all mommies here, all start semi solids wif rice cereals ar? actually i wanna ask, can we start wif vege puree huh, like steam carrot n smash n feed wif bm?

tessa be gg bac to PD on 28 may for 3 vaccinations, 2 jabs + 1 oral medicine... eeee.... feel so pain for her... my poor girl... i duno if i shld wait til then, then start semi solids or i shld jus start now?????

oh, i been applying the 驚風散 powder mix wif water on her forehead n behind her ears.. she seems to b able to sleep better, dun toss as much and wont always get into a fright.... tink i got to be consistent n apply once a day...

how's the gathering so far for 9/6 at annie's place? no sound no picture liao..... too bad i gg holiday on my own, so cannot join......... let's organise another one soon ya? i miss all the babies!!!

bubbles,

tessa is born on the 4th isit? i think 2nd eldest is evie liao.. hahaha...

i started rice cereal last night, not sure if can intro veg str away.

what r e 2 jabs ah? oral med still alright.. abit sour only..

where r u going for holiday? =)

curry,

tigger's DD is the eldest, born on 1/12 leh... followed by mine on 4/12.... then evie..... ;)

any babies born on 2/12 and 3/12 ? then in e mth of dec, everyday oso can hv bday celebration!!! wahahahah!!!

ya lor... i seem to see every mum starting on rice cereal first.... hmm.... maybe yi chin & tigger can share their experiences.. they got 3 kids n 4 kids respectively!!!

e last vaccination tessa had on 14 may, also the same, 2 jabs + 1 oral... i tink its rotavirus.... but gotta chk wif my hubby again... he's better keeping track of all these than me... heheheheh.... e last round tessa had on-off fever n cranky lor... nid a lot of cuddling....

me gg to hk fr 8/6 to 11/6........ gonna bring my manual pump n pump on the go while shopping... wahahhaha.... tink i gonna miss tessa badly......

Tigger, real pei fu! This is my 1st one, n I can't imagine Having to go through everything again!

Yichin, yes 1st attempt on solids. Ha, yesterday she had 3 mouthfuls before she got upset n cranky!

Yuet Sim, yes I warmed the ebm. I read the enzyme in the bm will cause the cereal to become watery. I found that after awhile, it really did become more watery.

Bubbles, I found this site very useful. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/carrotsbabyfoodrecipes.html

According to it, carrots should be ard 6mth. Though it did recommend starting on banana or avocado as first food rather than rice cereal. But I see every mum starting on rice cereal, so I follow suit too!

Oh the powder u applying is effective ah? Where did u get it from? Tiff's infant care teacher also asked me to get it for her! Coz she gets frightened v easily! Does it has a smell?

oh ya, missed out tigger's girl..

we can hv a big celebration in the month dec!

very kelian to see them go thru the vaccins every month hor? evie also became cranky n refused milk after these jabs.. sigh..

shiok leh! gg w hubby or frds? don't stop pumpimg! hahahaa... that time i went shanghai i'll go bk hotel pump or pump in toilet then discard the milk coz got alcohol. hahaa..

tks tiffmama, i will go see the link......... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hmm, banana and avocado.. sounds easy.. i tink can jus scrap off the fruit n feed ba...... wonder can i put it in fridge n then take out n feed cos weather so horrendously HOT these days!!!

curry:

ya lor, super heart pain to see her wail the clinic down leh... but last round i wasn't around cos went off to settle some stuffs, only left daddy n my mom wif tessa.. heard she cry so loud when the 1st jab went in, then before she can calm down, there goes e 2nd jab!!! i hear fr my hubby liao sibei heart pain, even though i din witness... n then my eyes basically pop out when i heard there's a 3rd vaccine n given orally...... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

oh i gg hk wif frens.. leaving hubby n tessa to enjoy each other without me around.. wahahahha.... ya i intend to bring e manual pump n a small bottle n pump in toilets lor... pump n throw... bo pian... hard to keep e milk leh...

i did tink of storing at my fren's place, n 1 shot DHL bac to SG for me... but then i tink super mafan leh.. so drop e idea...

ya ya dec we shld hv a big big celebration... but early dec i cannot cos gg macau for relative's wedding n thereafter gg china/hk wif a big bunch of relatives.... ya... BUNCH!! cos lots of us travelling together.. :D

Bubbles, where you get the powder to lessen the fright? And got smell? I m interested since you said it's effective! My girl v timid! Nice! You had your holidays all planned out! I can't see any holidays coming up anytime soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bubbles: we're close. Ethan's bd is 5/12 and next jab appt is on 29 may. He was quite ok with the last round of jabs, cry a bit then ok liao. After that didn't get fever or cranky also. Hope the 3rd time will be easy for him too. U may wanna try latching tessa while she's being jabbed? I did that during the first time jab and I think it helped to calm him down faster.

Oh Philips having carnival sale on 26-27 May. Can go check out the blender!

tiffmama:

sorry, overlook ur qns on the powder... i got it from eu yan sang, cos scare pirated ones out there... so rather spend a bit more buy fr eu yan sang...

jus tell them u wan the 驚風散 for babies... but the sales staff from eu yan sang says they hv change name, its call 八寶散....

so wat i do is, put a drop of drinking water on a spoon, then pour some powder out n use cotton bud mix well.. then apply on the forehead, between eyebrows, n behind both ears....

tis is taught to me by my breast massage lady who says tis is 1 old wife tale tat is really effective.... so i apply after bath.. mus always make a point to remember.. now i wan to make it a point to apply 1 more time before she sleep....

i usually apply when my mom or hubby feeding her milk... cos she not moving ma... so easier to apply.... n by the time she finish milk, the powder all dry up on her forehead liao.... no smell la.. dun worry...

as for hols... din dare to plan when tessa still young.... so we say at least wait til 6 mths n above...

tis jun trip i plan b4 giving birth liao... hahaha...

jul i b gg phuket wif tessa, hubby, my mom...

then yr end macau.. tessa n hubby following too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wa tangerine, tks for reminding abt the phillips sale! i kip looking at my calender n thinking wat i hv miss out....

as for latching tessa when she hving jabs... hard la... cos she very kaypoh these days... kip turning n twisting around towards light, sound n pictures lor! she wil twist my nipple upside down if i latch her...

Yoyosan,

After apply moisturizer, she's ok... since nowadays is so hot, she will develop heat rash.. i pity her ler.. her eczema is extremely bad at both her inner elbow. i just started using dermaveen, recommended by my aunt who has 2 kids with eczema. Hopefully it works...

Starting solid

Is it difficult to start? How will they take it? I am so anxious as my girl is now coming to 5 months this 20th.

Bubbles, thanks v much for sharing the details! I m glad it's just application on the skin rather than drinking it! Ok I go find this weekend!

Curry, how's your feeding tonight? Tonight was my 3rd attempt! Successful at last! She finished 1tsp of cereal! Yay!

Dec babies roll-call

1 Dec - tigger

4 Dec - bubbles, curry?

5 Dec - tangerine

23 Dec - Annie, yoyosan

Fill up the gaps, mommies, ;)

annie, when I applied for the PV, I was also hoping for those big events. But when we went for the interview, the school already had in mind what they wanted us to do. So the whole interview, they only told us about the reading programme and whether we can commit. Of course we say yes lah. Will be clocking in my 1st hour out of the 40 next tue!!!

tigger88, got ballot or got straight in? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Once the first kid is in, no more worries for the remainder.

bubbles, start with rice cereal first. Once Tessa can swallow a substantial amt, like 2-3 teaspoons of cereal mix with EBM/ FM/ water, then u intro vege one by one. For each new food u intro, need to try for 3 or more days. No LS, no constipation, no allergic reaction, then u intro another kind of food.

5.5 months, can start already. If u want to intro after vaccination, u need to wait about 3 days post vaccination, cos she may be cranky and may not want to try the solids.

Tiffmama, since first time trying cereal, normal for baby to spit out due to the relex. Keep trying once a day, will be able to swallow after 1 to 2 weeks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wawonie, not difficult to start lah, make sure baby us wearing a bib. Will be fun and messy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dec babies roll-call

1 Dec - tigger

4 Dec - bubbles, curry?

5 Dec - tangerine

14 Dec - Yi Chin, ejunko

23 Dec - Annie, yoyosan

i tink curry's evie is 5/12..... if i rem correctly.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i noe we hv a lot of 14/12 bbs... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dec babies roll-call

1 Dec - tigger

4 Dec - bubbles, curry?

5 Dec - tangerine

14 Dec - Yi Chin, ejunko

16 Dec - Tiffmama

23 Dec - Annie, yoyosan

i super bo liao... so went back to trace all dd/ds DOB... wahahaha!!! so here it goes!

1 Dec - tigger *G*

2 Dec - wonderland *B*

4 Dec - bubbles *G* Tessa

5 Dec - tangerine *B* Ethan

7 Dec - curry *G* Evie

10 Dec - yuet sim *B* Samuel

13 Dec - shirley berries star *G*

14 Dec - yi chin *G* Yun Rui

14 Dec - ejunko *B* Lucas

14 Dec - enivi *B*

17 Dec - lay leng *B* Ethan

22 Dec - Sqin *B* Shaun

23 Dec - yoyosan *G* Charlotte

23 Dec - annie *B* Josh

23 Dec - jas55 *B*

28 Dec - shirley 11 *B*

erh... i hope i got all e info correct... moms, if i spell ur darling's name wrongly, SORRY ya!!! ;p

going by the stats i tabulated, we only got 6 DDs.... 10 DSs!!!! :D And 2 boys by the name of Ethan!

1 Dec - tigger *G*

2 Dec - wonderland *B*

7 Dec - curry *G* Evie

11 Dec - girltradester *B* Gabriel

14 Dec - enivi *B*

16 Dec - tiffmama *G*

22 Dec - Sqin *B* Shaun

23 Dec - annie *B* Josh

23 Dec - jas55 *B*

28 Dec - shirley 11 *B*

31 Dec - cookie monster *G*

Bubbles,

Hahaha...u r gooooood! *pat pat on shoulder*

Looks like come Dec, we can hv a bash for the little ones.

But first, the 9/6 gathering, then next is studio bb gathering (ejunko...u get ur cam ready or not...)

Bubbles, very hardworking! Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tigger88, Bukit panjang pri school last year started ballot at phase 2B. So doing PV to give us 1 more chance at balloting.

Went to see dr Anne this morning for 2nd dose of 5 in 1. Went in at 9am, the clinic opening time, no people. Came out from dr room at 9.15am after jab, the whole clinic very packed with 6 babies on the list! So I told myself, very very heng! Next time also must come early.

And guess what? Yunrui is 6.4kg today! Surprised that she puts on 400g in 2.5 weeks.

It may be due to:

1. She is swallowing most of the cereal now, about 3 big teaspoons plus 30ml of ebm plus vege puréed

2. She is drinking more from bottle since attending infantcare. Used to take only 120ml, started taking 150ml this week.

Still quite a lot more to go to catch up with the boys here! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fed rice cereal today! Mixed with ebm and like someone here mentioned, it becomes very watery. Does it become watery with fm too? Anyway baby seemed to like it, or he was just very hungry. Think I used abt 3-4 teaspoons in all and he finished every bit! Think he found it funny to eat with spoon at first, he was laughing!

Tangerine: looks like both mummy & baby had fun. wah he ate so much. My boy only takes 2 teaspoons after he latches on. I mix with FM it doesn't become watery, I add till it looks like a creamy paste.

Bubbles: so ons. Thanks!

Yi Chin: good job, she's put on quite a lot in 2.5 weeks. Glad to hear she's adapting well to IFC. My boy is now 8.4 kg and doctor says his weight gain should be slower now.

tangerine, wah! can finish 3 teaspoons on first try! very good! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yuet sim, did the dr mean that all babies at this stage will have slower weight gain from now on?

hee i also feed cereal today..but i think the tissue paper and his bib "eat" more cereal than ds..haha but at least ds is enjoying it..

Tangerine what ratio of cereal to bm did u mix?? Me using 1 tsp of cereal to 3 tsp of bm..looks ok to me..not that watery

I tried second time, this time mix 2 teaspoons with abt 10ml fm and it's much thicker. He wiped it clean, no mess at all!

Poseidon, yah think I may have added too much bm. I didn't really measure. Just agar agar pour some and see the consistency. But at first I thought it was quite creamy, then after a while became more watery. Maybe next time I try with bm again and add less.

Yuet Sim, u latch first then feed cereal? I did the other way, cos I thought after latching he may not want to eat some more.

Yi Chin, so what percentile is Yun Rui at now? Girls shd weigh less than boys mah, so cannot compare. My boy is ard +/-7.5kg now. When I weigh him at home the weight always changes, cos he cannot keep still. So I also dunno how accurate it is.

Hi, just checking, u all prepared a few teaspoon of cereal only? I thk i start cereal next wkend, slightly over 5mths. Hmm my fren told me she asked the pd first feeding give 1 tablespoon is it, then the pd answered: what 1 tablespoon? Smear mouth also not enuff! Just give him a bowl! Haha.. The pd very direct and funny. I thk my pd also said give 1 bowl.. Maybe for him to smear mouth.. Haha!

today must be THE DAY! So many started cereal today. Me too, gave 1 tsp in the morning. Started bcos she was trying her best to wrestle Jiejie's milk bottle away. Lol.

Yi chin,

Good that yunrui taking well to ifc, n increase so much wt in such short time. The teachers n u feeding her v well.

Yuet sim,

Wah...good job..wat u feeding him with ah? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, bellamy cereal can be found in ntuc extra at nex. And healthy times too.

Bought 1 avocado today. Going to let it slowly slowly ripen, may take up to a wk or so cos I bought quite green. By then hopefully bb can take on more. Guess avocado gonna be her first fruit.

Hallo hallo!!! Don't miss me out...

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 11:32 pm:       

1 Dec - tigger *G*

2 Dec - wonderland *B*

4 Dec - KK *G* Emma

7 Dec - curry *G* Evie

14 Dec - enivi *B*

16 Dec - tiffmama *G*

22 Dec - Sqin *B* Shaun

23 Dec - annie *B* Josh

23 Dec - jas55 *B*

28 Dec - shirley 11 *B*

Tiffmama, if u use ebm to make rice cereal, they will not "bloat" hence the consistence may look watery. Cos normally we won't heat up the ebm do much. If u want u can use warm water, I normally put 2oz water, 0.5oz hot water in a bottle to make warm water, then pour out until I get 2oz. Then I pour the warm water into the rice cereal (2tsp) and fm (equivalent to make 1oz milk), stir until the desired consistency. The remaining water will be fed to her during the feeding.

Reason I'm giving her fm instead of my ebm is that 1. I needed to reserve the ebm for her during my absence; 2. To get her use to the taste of fm.

I tried to give her fm for the last feed before she sleeps but she is still resisting.

I rmber during my boy's time, in order to keep the cereal in, I left the spoon in his mouth so that he continues the sucking motion and less spit-outs. May be u can try.

Haha, yoyosan, I just found a 漏网之"婴" -- Elijah ...

1 Dec - tigger *G*

2 Dec - wonderland *B*

4 Dec - KK *G* Emma .

6 Dec - lyn *B* Elijah

7 Dec - curry *G* Evie

14 Dec - enivi *B*

16 Dec - tiffmama *G*

22 Dec - Sqin *B* Shaun

23 Dec - annie *B* Josh

23 Dec - jas55 *B*

28 Dec - shirley 11 *B*

Anyone who wants to add yourself and your baby, please copy and paste then add accordingly.

Can I join? My boy Zachery is also born on 14 Dec. He finished all his vaccinations on Tuesday and no more till he turns one. By the way, he's on TFM since day one so fat fat at 8.7kg now.

Hubby don't want to start him on solids yet cos he has been drinking very well. Prob we will start him next week when he is 5.5 months old.

Mommies with baby born at the last half of Dec, will you enroll your babies together with the rest of the baby in the same year for nursery 1? Assuming you are sending them to a kindergarten and not day care.

I recently have a thought, Emma will just be 2years3weeks old if she goes with the rest to N1, she could have classmates almost a year older than her!!

Woah!! Tiger has 4 kids?!?! Peifu peifu!! Got helper? My neighbourhood has a lady with four too and no helper!! Always see her taking all to market to buy groceries, I really don't know how she does it, her kids are well disciplined. Kowtow to her!

Hello SZ! Welcome! Of cos u can join all of us!! Happy to hv more Dec babies here!!!

Wa.. All mommies start cereal liao ar!!!!

Die.. I m e last liao lor... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Tessa is already 5.5mths!! |||-_-

Yoyo:

I oso intend to make avocardo my 1st fruit to Tessa... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My fren share wif me tat cerelac contains a lot of sugar.. Ask me dun try it as e 1st food for tessa.. Gotta start wif lighter tastes first...

Kk:

Someone ask me if i wil fear my girl wil b slower than her peers by 1 yr.. As compared to those born in early 2011... But i seriously dun really bother... Like for those born in jan 2011, they already 1 yr old.. Prob can response to human language n can walk or so.. While our babies r stil learning to crawl... But i feel learning is an individual ting.. Some gotta wait til 2 yrs old then wil talk whereas others take maybe 1 yr or so.. So i wil stil enrol Tessa together wif her older peers..

Poseidon:

When was keyan born? Wanna join our list?

Wow.. We got babies from 1-7 dec.. Only Lacking 3/12...

Any baby born on 3/12?????

And 14 dec really hot date!!! So many bb on e 14th!!

Tangerine, Wah your boy is such a big eater!!! 3 tsp for first try! I only managed to get Tiffany to finish 1 tsp on her 3rd attempt. Yes, now I also got the ratio right Liao. Like Poseidon, I think 1tsp of cereal to 3 tsp of Ebm is ok. Though if leave standing for too long, it will become more watery.

Sqin, the pd must be joking right? Even the instructions at the back of the cereal also said try w just a few tsp first and slowly increase.

Yoyosan, so how your girl like the cereal?

I made banana Tiffany's first fruit today! Mashed it up n thined it with Ebm. Think it's v yummy! She finished it!

Will give avocado next week. Waiting for it to ripe!

Kk, what brand of fm u giving? Hmm.. I give Enfalac some nights when bm runs low. She is fine with it. However, she doesn't like the warm-up frozen bm! Coz there is a v strong fishy smell! Actually when I smell it myself, I also wanna puke! So for that, I will have to mix half with freshly expressed one. If you all haven't try letting your bb try warm-up frozen milk, you better do so rather than freezing one whole stash then realise bb doesn't take it!

Kk, I will also let Tiffany join her 2011 peers for N1. Think it's ok. Maybe will spur her to catch up!

SZ,

hi. welcome, just update yourself n bb to the list. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bubbles,

no need to rush bb just bcos majority has gone for semisolids. if T is ok wif milk, just continue. i actually wanted to intro only after 6 months, but C seems to reject milk nowadays. lacthing lesser and shorter. so PD says it's time to intro solids to her.

Tiffmama,

only tried one time yest morning, hv to try more times to see her reaction. for me, it's different. i purposely made the cereal more watery with bm. so if all the watery cereal goes in, i'm happy cos it's still ebm + cereal. haha.

KK,

I will definitely enrol her into Nursery when it's time. My elder, borned Oct, also got enrolled into pre-nursery when she is 2.5yo. Yes, her Jan classmates are like way ahead in age, but she can catch up with them. And now she's in nursery, there isnt' much difference. OUr bbs will always be the youngest in the batch, so no matter when u start, got to have a starting point.

KK, yes I have a helper. She has been with me since my 2nd child was born. I cannot imagine how messy and crazy the house can get if there is no help.

My baby gal was 6.8kg when she was 4.5mths old. Not sure how heavy she is now. She takes about 150-180ml of EBM and FM every 3hrly. I have started her on plain rice cereal 2 weeks ago. Going to start vege puree soon. She has been cranky lately due to teething.

All mommies out there, have u started solid food for ur bb? What was the 1st food to intro to ur bb? I am planning to intro avocado to my bb after 6 mths wor.Is it ok or have to start w rice cereal 1st?

1 Dec - tigger *G*

2 Dec - wonderland *B*

4 Dec - KK *G* Emma .

6 Dec - lyn *B* Elijah

7 Dec - curry *G* Evie

14 Dec - enivi *B*

14 Dec - SZ *B* Zachery

16 Dec - tiffmama *G*

22 Dec - Sqin *B* Shaun

23 Dec - annie *B* Josh

23 Dec - jas55 *B*

28 Dec - shirley 11 *B*

Yi Chin: I think dr was refering to growth chart, after 6 months the growth rate slows. But individual babies will be different I guess, since yr girl is eating more now she should be putting on more weight than before? Also once they start being mobile, maybe they'll burn more calories every day.

Tangerine: I latch on first because want him to drink more milk than cereal for now. Also my supply not that good so he is usually still hungry after latching. You can try latch on, one side first or shorter time than usual then feed cereal and latch again after cereal. Or just do as you are doing now, feed cereal first then milk later.

Lay Leng: most mummies start with rice cereal first because it seldom causes allergic reactions and is easy to prepare =)

Lay Leng,

it doesn't really matter what you introduce 1st, important thing is as long it's nutritious and your baby likes it and he eats it, I think it's thanks haven.

It may be d best food but if he doesn't eats it...well, u know what i mean. I'm saying this because I have 2 very picky boys, 1 is 5 and the other is 2...

You can try to self make some fruit purees as well..they're yummy and nutrious and you can be really creative...such as mixing the puree with plain yogurt or fresh milk. You can try to introduce some meat but pureeing as well. such as chicken. Porridge I guess is very Asian and yes it's the traditional diet we give to our baby at the very 1st. Cerals are fine...but do give varieties. They will get sick of their favorite food after 1 month of consistent feeding..hahaha

tangerine, she has finally gone above the 15th percentile line, but not yet reach the 50th percentile. Dr only mentioned that her weight is average lor.

yoyosan, avocardo need to cook/ steam first? Or just mash up and give?

bubbles, 23 Dec also hot date leh! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back