(2011/12) Dec 2011

KK: u mean before this she was eating every hour?? How did u cope?

Bubbles: still up? I'm up for the second night feed. Feel like I'm the one who's dream feeding... Yawn... When can they sleep without feeling hungry at night?

Ya.. Stil awake... Zombie-ing...

Hv put Tessa next to mi on my bed to zzz in between hubby & mi... Monitoring her all e way.. Initially can zzz quite well.. Then for e last half hr, been tossing & turning again!!

Haiz.. Mus go make milk for her liao!!!

*yawn, yawn yawn*!!

Bubbles: my boy also had green poo this morning! I thought maybe too much foremilk. But it doesn't make sense...maybe it means teething indeed. I started giving him 2.5ml gripe water yesterday. Mixed with 5ml water. He had 3 good naps after that, but night time had a hard time getting him to sleep. And as usual, woke up 3 times to feed, finally can't get to sleep after 3rd feed at 5am. 7am then cry cos wanna sleep again "_"

Hihi dec mummies!

I just joined! Wanna ask if anybody tried feeding solids already? If yes, what is the first food introduced? I m excited to try! Baby looks keen too! Always mouthing when sees us eating and even snatching my bowl the other day!

Also, for eczema, I used this soothing cream from brand episencial. It's all natural ingredient. So less harmful than doctor's medicine. It seems to work quite well.

Hi Joan! Welcome! Oh Im excited to try too! Should be quite fun - minus the mess lol.

KK: LOL you seem to like the idea of using cotton bud to poke bb alot lol. I guess most moms were shocked cause of what they googled lah lol.

Bubbles & Girltradester: Did the 2 of you even sleep at all? Is Tessa able to sleep better now? Ouh my mens came too last week! Will it affect our supply ah?

Yoyosan: Is it eczema or dermatitis? If after eliminating all possible irritant chemicals and still has it, then can try some organic cream like Joan recommended before using those PD prescribed one. I love Earth Mama Angel Baby - but thats for myself becoz i have eczema lol.

Hi Joan and Wawonie!

bubbles: my mens came since Jan. But this month it didn't appear.

mummies out there who are still feeding > 3 times a night, hang in there. Hope & pray babies will learn to sleep through the night sooner than later. My boy seems to have moved back to sleeping from around 8 pm to 7 am and waking up once or twice for feeds, fingers crossed. Just last week he was waking 3 to 4 hourly for night feeds. Started him on rice cereals (kiasu, bought organic one for him to try first, Bellamy's from Australia), today is 6th day. Now feed twice a day after he latches on. Only taking about 2 teaspoons. So far so good, no allergic reactions and constipation, only a big mess on baby's face & neck after feed. And sometimes a little mess on me when he sneezed with cereal in his mouth =)

Bubbles, my boy has been turning and tossing too. Not sure why. I tried to pat him or change his sleeping position but sometimes they did not work. If not, I would leave him alone as I was too tired so long as he did not cry. Ya, my menses just came recently too. Thought it was because I did not pump as often now.

Yuet Sim, I started my boy on rice cereal too. Just a few mouthfuls to get him started to new food. He seems to like it.

hello mummies!

mia-ed for a while.. hahaha.. hubby went bk ald, so i'm bk to ofc..

annie,

how much is ur boy drinking now? mine drinking 150ml every 3-4hours. but always cannot finish all at once, hv to split 2 times.

bubbles,

one of the nights, evie can't sleep well too. don't know is it bcoz it's e environment or not coz we were sleeping over at in laws' house.

she kept crying, stopped when we carried her, cried when we put her down. repeat process for 4-5times. hubby quite annoyed n said 'let her cry, don't know what's wrong also..' LOL! so she laid there crying for abt 15mins then finally fell asleep. is this like the CIO method?

Hello mummies who have started cereal on babies.. Do u intro rice cereal or brown rice cereal? Got diff? I tot of giving brown rice cereal cos it seems healthier? Other than cereal, what other food have u introduced to baby? Advices pls.. I am quite anxious and excited abt it!

Oh my boy slept from 8pm till 7.20am this morning (dream feed at 11pm)! Ok.. In between he made some noise then I stuff pacifier. I hope it is a gd start!

curry,

I give him 4oz, always leftover 10-20ml but he drink like 2.5-3hrs apart except night which he fully latched.

My pd said to start with only white rice cereal, not brown rice till later. Prob easier to digest. I'm supposed to start soon, maybe next week! Do u mix the cereal in ebm or fm?

So envious of the 8-7 sleep! Hope my turn will come soon!

My menses still haven't come. Heard milk production can decrease when it does. Is it true?

menses

my came last month and its really affected my BM supply, during that few days, i barely can pump more than 3 feeds. And this month i think coming soon coz' I can see its suddenly drop in supply again. Normally those few days I don't have any extra to keep.

Solid

I also bot the organic Allymay rice cereal, just started yesterday to give a tsp once a day first. He seems okay with it, will increase the amt slowly.

Kk,

Thx to u sharing abt the cotton bud thingy, I din show my yikes face to my gp. Haha. But he was surprised I dinno how to do it cos this is my #2. But I told him, I still won't dare do it for her again lor. Not so brave like u.

Annie,

I'm using physiogel now, to moisturize before using steroid cream. Seems improving. Will use steroid for this cycle, then subsequently just use physiogel, hope it works.

Joan,

Hi. Where u get that brand from?

Ejunko,

Wats the diff? I din change nothing lei, still same shampoo, washing powder..etc. Except weather gets v v hot. And she kept scratching her scalp. Dunno is her itchy cradle cap or the eczema on scalp? Possible?

Yuet sim,

Where u buy bellamy? Last time ntuc used to carry but now I can't find.

Mensy,

Some pple say that if u do exclusive pump, mensy will come earlier, even tho it's considered bfing. Some say if u give up latching esp the middle of nite ones, mensy will also come back, cos body takes it tat bb is big now since no need keep feeding, its time to get ur cycle in place n be fertile again! Lol. Hearsay, dunno true or not.

But it's true that when mensy comes n the few days before, ss will drop. But after that, will go back normal again.

So fertile mummies, trying for next bb? Hee.

Yuet sim, u got a sibling for ur bb so fast? *winks*

Annie,

When u say start w 1 tsp, it's the rice cereal mixed or not mixed with milk yet?

Tangerine,

Ebm or fm to mix in, it's ur call.

Hello mummies, like to join this group! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am on tbf. Still has to wake up several times in the night. I have to sleep together wz him if not beri tired leh. Oh ya! I started him on solid too. He is doing real well. Ate two tablespoon of rice cereals each day. Today intro pumpkin purée also ate a lot. Confirm tum jia boy. Hehe!!

Hope to chat with you mummies more often!

Bubbles, mine doesn't toss and turn in her sleep, she kicks. She sleeps between my husband and me at night, then kick the 2 of us.

My period hasn't come back yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm still doing 1 night feed by latching every night.

For solids, I started with rice cereal mixed with ebm. So far have introduced puréed apple, pear, potato and carrot, all mixed with rice cereal and ebm.

Everyday is just a mad rush since I've returned to work. I pump twice at work and I use the munchkin microwave sterilizing bag to sterilize the pump parts in between the 2 pumps. Very convenient to use and each bag can use up to 20 times.

Oh and I got selected to do parent volunteer at bukit panjang pri school, starting July! But the timing very inflexible, they want me to go every week for 1hr each from 11.50am to 12.50pm to read to the weak students. Lucky my boss agreed to let me break up my annual leave into 2 hours slot, if not I'll have to take up to 40 days of leave to complete the 40hrs!

Yoyosan, episencial soothing cream you can buy from babyonline.com.sg or amazon.

If your baby is not sleeping through the night yet, maybe you will like to read this book - no cry sleep solution by Elizabeth Pantley.

Yi Chin, maybe you can try to let her sleep in a sleeping bag. Then her movement will be restricted and can't kick you or your hubby! heehee

Great! This weekend, will go buy Bellamy baby rice to try out next week! So excited!

Annie, thanks, and all the best with increasing the milk for ur bb. I don't dare the think Emma can stomach 5oz.. I'm already very happy with 4oz. :D

Tangerine, previously is unpredictable, I always try to stretch to about 2 hrs but she became angry and will take a while before she finally took to the nipple. Sometimes so cute, she'll put the nipple in her mouth but remembered she is supposed to be angry and then she cried with the nipple inside the mouth.. My helper will give in cos she has no time to wait until she settled down then drink. And ever 1hrly, and in the night some more... The good thing is that the frequent latching increased the ss and until she started pooing green poo (too much foremilk) and later, I got blebs. Now my blebs are gone and I'm starting to worry if I'll have enough reserves when I am not home, cos she already started using up some reserves in the freezer.

Ejunko, bcos that was the most effective way to induce pooping and best, no need to pay. Hahah. Actually come to think of it, I have poke my boy's backside a lot leh, he was using the rrectal thermometer until I can't find a good one when his Cheekco one died.

Emma doesn't like Bellamy baby rice.. Don't know why.

At this age when bb shd sleep thru, mine wakes in nite, latch n refused to sleep. Feeding is ok, but not the refusal to sleep. So frustrating. Let her CIO, less than a min, cough vomited. Sigh. Really tired.

Yoyosan: Very hard to tell the diff, but my doc told me the best way to find out is to subtract - so i spent some time to trial&error - ended up no seafood, choc, nuts and TONS of various chemical - the list is longer than toilet paper~ ='(

What causes your #1's eczema?

I think cradle cap itch too, its another type of dermatitis mah but should clear by 3rd month i think, if baby still itch now, it may be a sign of eczema liao. Stop her current shampoo, change her pillows and bedsheets etc (something thats washed with another detergent) and see how it goes. Keep bb's skin clean and moist to prevent irritation. Weather abit dingdong lately, so watch out for sweat - one major irritant!

KK: LOL you are one brave mama. I super KS - especially when i was warned about how thin the walls are, see - side effect of googling too much. If i duno the side effects, i'd prolly be more daring. But i scared if poke too often, will damaged his rectum and causes irregular bowels - worse, what if he grows up wanting to be poked? LOL all the "side-effects" we'll prolly never know.

Anyway - why do you need to "poke" your boy so often? He often constipate?

Hi Jas!

SQin: Was told to intro white rice cereal first too.

Whoa 8-7, yes thats a good start!!! =D

Yi Chin: Volunteer?? Supermama!

KK: bellamy's baby rice has no added sugar or added anything. Did u make it with Ebm or fm? If just add water I think really no taste.

My ds realise that it is a gd habit to start the day early!!! Now he wakes up at 4.30am *faint* and want us to talk/play with him..

Anyone facing the same problem?

Mommies, wats ur bbs weight increase compared to last month?

Mine is only 100g since last month! After the gp visit, where I kpo went to take weight, am worried, so decide to ask u mommies to share.

Yoyosan: did u weigh using the same scale? Different scales can vary by a few hundred grams so weight taken at the pd and elsewhere may be different. Think it's important to use the same scale to be consistent.

Tangerine,

Not same, but can't be too far off also ya?

Vary by few hundreds grams, goodness that's too much diff.

So wanna see how's other bbs wt increment is like.

Yoyosan: actually a few hundred grams is only point something kilo. Even when adults weigh ourselves on diff scales, the weight can vary by 1-2kg. I have a baby scale at home, and it weighs lighter than the one at the pd's. So if u want to compare before and after weights, better to use the same scale.

yoyosan: diff scale slightly diff. maybe the clinic didn't zero the scale properly. My boy going for jab this sat can let u know his weight increase after that. Also their weight gain will be slower compared to earlier months.

Postage for the cereal together with food scissors I bought was $1.70. Was thinking after he finishes this pack may switch to non organic cereal.

poseidon,

waseh.. 430 is really very early, my problem is sometimes she wakes up at 3 for milk then refuse to slp until 4 or 430.

i realise that recently very diffcult to catch her timings leh.. like when she cries, i hv to trial n error, feed milk, make her slp, chg diapers etc. it was much better when she was 3 months old. now 5 months liao like more unstable.. headache loh.. the only thing that's routine is she sleeps before 930 every night.

last night she woke up almost every 1.5hours.. don't know what she wants... sigh...

Hi! Long tiring day..

Ejunko, I poke him once to "stir shit", the rest are bcos he had fever after inoculations.. And I trusted my rectal thermometer cos nurse said more accurate. I also frighten he grow up and xxxx!! When he was young, he wants to put hair clips!!! Faintz!

Yuet sim, I add fm cos I want her to start getting use to the taste so I won't hv issue when I need to wean her off bm.

Curry, sould it be another round of growth spurt?

My boy constantly have growth spurt, really like it's mentioned in text book. But my girl doesn't see to have it as often as her brother leh..

I cannot imagine how I'll look if I have 3.. Two kids already made my day super busy. Salute to u girls with more than 2!!

Curry: sounds a bit like my boy when he was 4mth. Kept waking up suddenly. Think it's a sleep issue like I mentioned before. She prob doesnt know how to go back to sleep when she wakes up in the night. It's a phase that babies go through and it'll get better! Mine took a few weeks. Nothing much we can do other than to have patience! Hang in there! My boy now can sleep on his own without me having to do much, tho he still wakes up twice for milk. Read that there'll be another sleep regression at 9 mth which can be worse. Not looking forward to that!

Tangerine,

oh ya.. i rmbered ur boy gg thru this too.. now that u reminded me there's this sleep regression thingy, i'll b mre patient n understanding twds evie... hahaha.. hopefully it'll go away ASAP!

Tangerine,

Wat u do to make him zzz again after constant waking? Latch? Pat? Ignore?

Ejunko,

#1 eczema case not sure. Only at ankle. Apply many times steroid still back. After many months, one time fed up, I just use zambug (ointment for bites, bruise etc) n viola, never came back liao. *touch wood*

But me n hb no eczema history lei. That's y weird.

Yi chin,

help!!! Need u to share ur gals' yaolan experience.

-How u put them to bed/cot at night? yaolan shake n take out put on bed when asleep? Or latch n sleep then straight to bed?

-If middle of night wake up n refuse to zzz, how u put them back to sleep? Need the yaolan?

Hi everyone,

My girl is born on Dec 1st 2011. I have been a silent reader. I have 3 older kids at 3yo (boi), 5yo (gal), 7yo (boi).

My baby is still waking up once at night for feeding but recently refused to sleep after the milk feed. She will wake up at 2am+ and then only willing to zzz around 4am. Feel so so tired.

Yoyosan: I'd give paci first. Sometimes he would go back to sleep. If he still fusses then latch.

Hi tigger, u're really super mum. 4 kids!!

Looks like a lot of us struggling with baby sleeping problem!

Let me share my experience. My girl has always been a sleepyhead at night but can't nap in the day without yaolan. She sleeps fine in the cot at night.

Recently, managed to break the yaolan habit by getting her to sleep at all sort of places. Ie. My bed at home, my bed at my parents', her cot at my parents'. This is to let her know that she can ACTUALLY fall asleep at other places other than yaolan.

But how I let her fall asleep in other places other than yaolan is by giving her pacifier and a pillow and patting her.

So now, I have a NEW problem! Her new sleep association is the pacifier! When she wakes up in the middle of the night, she will cry for help to get her pacifier back! Sigh, these few nights had been rather bad! She woke up countless times to ask for pacifier! But will usually be settled once we moved her to co-sleep.

Tonight I will try to break her association with pacifier. Supposedly the way to do it is let her suck till almost asleep then pull it out instead of letting her sleep with it in her mouth.

Tried feeding the Bellamy baby cereal for the first time. FAILED!

I don't know if I got the consistency right, but it turns out v watery almost like her milk. I added about 4 tsp of bm to 1 tsp of cereal.

I don't know if it's coz she doesn't like it or she doesn't know how to eat from spoon but she let everything dripped out of her mouth!

Then I need to fight her from eating her bib and snatching my spoon! A real big mess!

welcome tigger!

4 kids!!! and i guess u r born in year 1988?

tiffmama,

aiyah... how long will they walke up only once n not fuss n go bk to sleep nicely? ZZZzzzz...

Tangerine, haha, all mums are super and great in their own ways.

curry, thanks for the welcome! I wish I am born in 1988! Too young to have 4 kids at 24 yrs old right? keke.

Curry, I am a FTWM. Can't afford to be SAHM with so many mouths to feed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yoyosan, my girl's last feed at night is by latching, then she'll fall asleep on the breast and I'll put her on the bed to sleep. If she wakes up, I carry her on my chest like the koala babies that we were talking about months ago and pat her. After she falls asleep again, then I'll lower myself into lying position, slowly turn to the side then put her on the bed besides me. If I'm going to sleep, sometimes I'll just sleep with her head resting on my arm (like a pillow). If I need to go and attend my other girls, then I'll gently remove my arm from under her head.

Night feeding also like that lor. Most of the time she'll fall asleep on the breast, then I put her on the bed to continue sleeping.

Her first day in infantcare, the poor teacher really tried all sorts of method to make her sleep without yaolan. They tried rocking on the rocker with patting on the forehead, putting on chest and pat, putting on tummy and pat, swaddling and pat. Now she can sleep 3 hours straight in the afternoon at infantcare. But the teacher still can't identify which is the best method, they just trial and error. :p

Tigger88, wah! 4 kids!!! Plus FTWM! u got helper/ parents at home or put in childcare?

When ur #1 go primary school, got do parent volunteer? Or u went in at phase 2C?

Tiffmama, first time trying cereal or first time trying that brand of cereal? If first time eating cereal, normal for baby to spit out everything due to the tongue thrust reflex. Need about 1 to 2 weeks of practice for them to finally swallow most of the cereal.

Yi Chin

Your PV school do not have any big event for your to volunteer, like sport day, library packing, decorating for some events? That's what my friend do her PV.

Yi Chin, my #2 & #3 go to full day childcare. My baby is taken care by my helper and my dad comes to my place daily to help out. Weekend is the craziest when all the kids are at home.

When I registered my eldest for pri 1 last year, we were under phase 2C. PV was full. Luckily we managed to get into our sch of choice and it was right next to our home. Saves a lot of logistic and time issues.

Back