(2011/12) Dec 2011

hmmz.. seems a lot mummies are sick!! me too.. sinus infection and throat infection.. been awhile but it got even worse recently. saw doc on Monday and still not recovered, still on antibiotic and med.. a lot phlegm!!! and the med making me super drowsy now.. totally cant wake up for work! haha!!

chan pl, baby kingdom is not exactly cheaper probably except some cots? the strollers not exactly cheap also.. other small baby stuff also not cheap. i think probably same price as what u see outside. some stuff i feel that it's expensive.. i went there because i wanna look at their playpen.. but end up they do not have many on display so cant decide but end up buying cot and yao lan.. cot probably a little cheaper but i think also depending of material? the 1 i got was on sale item, $319 for 6-in-1 cot with 7 piece bedding set and mattress. the yao lan i think pricing is almost same as outside.

dawn, i dun think there is a fixed size for cot mattress coz cot also got different sizes. u need to know the diamension of your cot before buying mattress separately. and i think queen size mattress also might have diff measurement. like the ones at ikea is prob diff from other brands..

how ocme the waterproof mattress looks like hooded towel/wrap??

wow!! u all so fast in baby names!! we also still havent decided.. initially decided on dominique but when confirmed gender, hubby says see if got other names.. hubby likes the name dominique (from fast & furious - think he wanna baby to be a racer!! lolx!!) and i like the name ayden... headache.. must decide on a nice name so that people have minimal chance to disturb his name when he is older and unique/not common..

yallo/joanne

thanks for info on the adaptor/voltage transformer. Saw a transformer at Carrefour ydy, not too ex or bulky. Think can confidently order from US liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yallo/AC

I just joined FB group ydy (^-^) It's indeed very lively!

Jac, your cot seems quite a gd deal. Think I'll go take a look in Oct before the expo fair, see who got better deal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

We chose a few chinese names for our bb liao, yet to confirm which one to use. Coz yet to do detailed research on the name's suitability for rabbit babies. We wana give her a japanese name instead so now researching on it. Quite headache too coz jap phonics is different from english phonics, so pp may pronouce her name wrongly.

My sis was joking when bb bigger, say out the name and see which bb likes by the kicks!

Since u got 2 names to choose from, maybe check out their meaning, see which one u like more? Or ask bb to respond to what he likes? hehe

hi mamaAsh!

i am a dec mum and have been inactive here but will come in every now and then to read. would greatly appreciate if you could add me in FB. my email add is [email protected]

thanks much!

oh...these are my data.

due date: mid dec.

gender: boy (my second. my first born is a girl who is now 26 mths old)

hospital: mt e

gynae: Dr Lim TB

Home: Siglap

Hi AC,

I rem you are doing spree for this taobao?

Not sure if i rem wrongly, was it you?

I go in see the clothes quite nice.

When will you be organising the spree again? i tink now most of us know the gender so can start buy clothings?

AC,

Sorry i forget about the procedure and the link.

Can you send me? i will try to consolidate and send you by Sunday. BTW wat is the rate? Thanks.

Hi Chan P L: there are sizes, some de is 130 X 70 some 120X 70, ikea de different sizes, XXX X60 de... but as mentioned by one of the mummies, difference a bit nvm de, as long as bedsheet fit can liao...

I saw from BP the sizes they sell is either 130 X 70 for cotton terry cloth or 120 X 70 for bamboo fibre cloth....

I go kiddy palace see the baby cot that i wanted to buy, its 130 X 70... so i think if i buy 120 X 70 short 10 cm should be ok....

HI jacqueline, yes there is no fixed size.... so can't 100% find exactly the same ba... expecially WATERPROOF mattress protector harder to find outside also... no waterproof de easier to find....

https://picasaweb.google.com/115159352868849094674/WaterproofMattressSheetPillowCase#5642363677697121170

u mean this picture look like hood?? its the elastic band... to secure the sheet to the mattress....

I also havent decide on the names yet... headache... since i know how is gal, i have started to source for cheaper source for clothes, cot, mattress etc.... i think will buy big items like cot when its nearer... those accessories/ small items will buy first...

I bought a bedding set liao and some dresses... n a fisher price infant to toddler rocker.... all put at my mum hse, my mum already complaining alot of items liao.... ask me dun keep buy buy buy zzzzz

dawn, LOLX!! ya, that photo do look like hooded towel.. waterproof protector/sheet, we can also use the pink/blur rubber mat thingy right??

LOL!!! i just spent my lunch time searching online foe freebies!! nothing much also. except some diapers from huggies and diapers.. seems like mamy poko no free sample??

mamypoko no free sample de.. bluff ppl de... say fill in the form in their web then have sample liao... i fill in tons of time already even before my no.1 born.... now my No.1 almost 17mths alreay sample still haven't arrive....

but drypers very on de, everytime send u sample de... but their cutting very small de... dun bother buy their newborn size... even for S size, my boy wear until 2mths like this nia cannot wear liao... heng i nv buy their newborn size... now my boy can't even wear their XL size ... so small...

haha the 1st look it look likes hooded towel... but its the elastic band... ya true u can use the those rubber mat thing....

but for our queen size matterss we also use mattress protector before we put the bedsheet also ma... although its not waterproof type... so its the same, but its waterproof nia...

Thanks Mamaash for the updates...

dawn, actually isee from their webby, seems like only for malaysia den have free samples? lolx!!u mean for drypers, they will keep sending even if u only requested 1 time? i requested for the few diff types leh but nv indicate size.. oh no..

so actually what brand is gd?? i have actually bought a S pack of huggies at taka fair.. to bring to hospital de..

hmm.. actually i bought the rubber mat le.. hehez! now thinking of buying the disposible type to use when out.. is there a need?

Jacqueline: last time sg also have de.. say nia lah... nv receive before haha...

yes they keep sending me, all the way until XL and pants also... even if they nv send, u can request, u request they give, they very generous.... haha...

then got 1 time they keep sending M size, but my son already wearing L(open type)/ XL(pants) liao.. then wasted.. i called them up tell them dun send liao, they ask why, i told them frankly, ur cutting too small, then few days later, i receive quite a few XL open type de and pants... haha...

Hospital got provide 1st pack ma...

so far i try drypers and now using mamy poko...

if u buying diaper bag, some have attached changing mat...

Frankly, I'm not an avid FB user... Often receiving reminders from them to log in..hee..hee... MamaAsh, I've pm you to add me in FB list.

Hospital will give u 1st pack of diapers free unless you're not on a package. For daytime, I use either Mamy Poko or Pet Pet which is surprisingly q good - 1st rec'd a pack from a friend then realized it's cheap& good. For going out or bedtime, I'll use Pampers Premium as it's the best but most costly. Don't like Drypers as the cutting is not good & easily leak urine. You may try the Huggies disposable changing mat. They're pretty, big & good enough to last for many days. They were once available in Taka then ops..not sure if th stock is still available here.. My cousin bought many packs for me when she visited us from Sydney as it's plentiful &cheap there.. Guess the angmos use more changing mat than Asians.. Btw, hospital will also give free diaper bag but not as nice as what you can buy in malls ah..

wow... so many topics already... i guess I have to come in to check out often =P

Re: Baby Kingdom

Jacqueline, i went there once, but looking at the price, it isn't that "cheap" as I thot it might be. The sale lady also keep asking us, what you want to buy? Trying to persuade us to buy and buy. In the end, we just walk around and go off. Happened to see Hypermart beside it, and went in to check out. Ask a young lady about the spec of this bouncer... she dunno much lor... ended leaving the store empty handed.

Baby Bedding

How many bedding set do we need? 1 set or 2 sets? or just need an additional fitted sheet would be good enough?

dawn & CP, i am not sure if they will eally give 1 pack of diapers coz most of my friends says hospital will charge u so it's best to bring ur own...

Huggies disposible changing mat? is it ex? where can i get them?

dacylet, ya lor thngs not cheap there de... the price of daily baby stuff probably same price as departmental stores also... is the sales lady u encountred an auntie?? i think i am happier shopping at fairs or departmental stores..

bedding set i thought can get 2 coz need to wash and change? but maybe u r right, additional fitted sheet will do but what about the bumper? the cushion that we put around the cot? need to change regularly also right?

Jac: I'm sure Gleneagles give 1st pack of Pampers Premium if under package. Last time bought Huggies changing mat from Takashimaya. Not sure if they still have now.. If not, may have to order online or ask someone to help you buynif they visit places like Australia or USA.

I use 2 sets of bedsheets & baby bumper for my 2 older kids. Bumper still usable tho my boy will have to settle for the pink bumper used by my girl previously..anyway he doesn't know how to complain yet..never mind lah..no pt buying another set due to color.. But I'll have to buy new baby cot bedsheets as the old ones changed color..will probably buy from

Aussino as it's cheap & good..

Hi All,

I am a first time mum and would like to join you all in here. =D

Hi MamaAsh,

Please update my details on your table.

EDD: 25 Dec 2011

Gynae: Dr Chan Kong Hon

Hospital: GlenE

Besides, kindly add me in the FB group, my email address is [email protected].

Thanks!

CP but i am delivering n east shore leh... i am friends deliverying in tcm and mt a says buy better.. some says for mine, buy better also.

the baby bumpers come in the bedding set right?? canot buy separately right?

think we going aussino also coz hubby also likes to buy his bedsheet from there...

Jac: Maybe you can check with the hospital. Not necessary, sometimes the bumpers can be sold separately. My girl's set was from Aussino with comforter..looks v nice in the baby cot. 2nd set came in free with the baby cot.

I think I will just get 1 set from Aussino and extra bed sheets & bumpers from Ikea since my cot size is only 60 *120. unless I cant resist to buy another extra set from Aussino if the design is very nice. but I dont think we need extra comforter leh. I already have baby blanket and sleep bags.

Anyone going to use beansprouts husk pillows?

Jacqueline,

if u wanna buy aussino and got amex card, got additional 10% on top of the 20%. (valid till 1 sept)

I bought the Disney set nett at 89. got 10% for using amex. member cannot get any discount for Disney set.

welcome LittleLabbit [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Christmas baby!!

finally went to check out BB Kingdom & Hypermart today. At first nobody served us, all stand there looking very sianz. Then we asked a male staff to demo some of the strollers to us. He did so but didn't hardsell. We were keen on the bb cot on sale and asked the auntie abt it since she's just next to it. She was ok at first, ask & answer type, but when we showed keen interest in buying, she began to hardsell liao. We walked off to see the strollers and she followed! And psycho us to buy cot & stroller together, will give us $9 discount and deliver items together. When we tried to move to another section to discuss between us, she followed. So in the end we just walked off w/o any purchase.

Hi MamaAsh,

Can help me to update the table? Am having a bb gal and revised EDD is 24 December..=)..location is yew tee.. =)

thanks!

Hi I am due in mid dec, will need a gd confinement lady who is willing to travel to japan to help me out.

any recommendation ?

thanks CP and verene... i just got to know we can buy the stuff separately ytd! lolx!! anyway, we ended up getting another bedding set at JB coz went there for lunchand ktv with friends.. the quality of padding feels better than some of the ones we saw at baby kingdom. we saw 1 at baby kingdom selling at $128 the last time we were there. The one we bought feels better and a lot cheaper. It's 136RM after discount and about $55 after conversion! and it's Tom & Jerry de.. lolx. the $128 we saw at baby kingsom design also the normal normal type. as for the extra pillows and boosters, we intend to put it at my mum's place for the play pen.. lolx..

verene, beansprou hust pillows are those DIY beansprout shell thingy that put inside pillows? my mum did them le and did a lot! haha!!

thanks dacylet for yor info.. will might use it to buy adult size stuff for ourselves instead if we pass by. =)

chan pl, the auntie is it short curly hair de?? lolx!! which is the cot u eyeing? lolx. what we did trying to avoid her 1st time is go upstairs... her hardselling really extreme! haha!!

kurisu, u r travellign straight after delivering??

jac, the auntie has curly slightly above shoulder length hair. Duno the same auntie u encountered? We eyeing the one u bgt. $319, 6-in-1 cot. I forgot to note the max weight it can hold. U got any idea? haha, we also quickly went off to level 2. Wanted to go back level 1 buy the cot but scared she'll pressurize us to buy the stroller so we left lor. Think we'll go to the chinatown store to check out prices first.

chan pl, thats the cot we bought!! 6-in-1 cot with mattress and bedding set right?? $319... got 1 beside it @ $329 i think... but we prefer the $319 coz when u convert to toddler bed, the head and leg part of the cot can be made lower..not sure u can understand or not.. hehez!! one of the side is where u can lower it for easier carrying of baby in and out. SO the head and head part will be lowe when converting. but for the other 1, the head and leg part will still be like what it used to be.

btw, not sure if anyone of u experienced fake contraception (braxton hicks or something like that...) pain??

hi mamaash! jus went for my detailed scanning.. pls add me to the table.. thanks!

EDD: 28 Dec 2011

Gynae: Dr Chen Lin Han

Hospital: TMC

BB# : 2

yup! should be the same as the one you bgt coz it's beside the $329 one. i duno the diff btw the $319 & $329 versions, so asked the auntie lor. Thot both versions same height? She only told me difference in length. I didn't ask her much liao when she kept saying $319 gd, offer price, next time come back no more this price liao etc etc.

the height same.. but its the head and leg part can be shortened.. thats what they say when we asked.. so to us, also seems no diff!!!

yaya!! she also say next time no such price! but the week before i saw and the price u see last weekend same also.. duno their promo ends when... but we thought deal not bad and seems alright so we just take lor.. anyway, this price for this size i think pretty cheap le..

Ladies, i recall reading in earlier posts that someone was saying can go to Asos to buy maternity clothes? I'm interested, but worried about sizing though, cos I am very petite. I notice their maternity clothes start from size 8, and I am usually a size 4/6 for Mango, Topshop clothes. Anyone can advice if Asos size 8 will fit?? the clothes there are really pretty! especially with free international shipping!

haha, she use the same tactic to pressurize us. Next wk go prob still at promo price ;p They have it online @$349 with 9 pc bedding set instead of 7pc at the showroom.

cjdg, i nv buy from asos before so cannot advise u...

chan pl, actually 9 piece bedding got what?? more pillows and boosters? coz standard will be 1 bumper pad, 1 fitted sheet, 1 comforter, 1 pillow and 1 booster right??

Verene,

hmmm i dun think so.. may have to check at the counter. that time I asked the lady Amex got additional 10% on top of the 20%, she tell me Amex only got promotion during GSS discount , and member also can't get further discount for disney stuffs... then I tell her that I just received newsletter from Amex about this promo. Finally she called up and check, and give us the 10% discount for the disney item...

jacqueline,

Crib Quilt (1 Pc), Bumper Pads set (4 Pc), Crib Pillow (1 Pc), Diaper Stacker(1 Pc), Crib sheet(1 Pc), Crib Bed Skirt (1 Pc)??

dacylet, bedding set = Crib Quilt (1 Pc), Bumper Pads set (4 Pc), Crib Pillow (1 Pc), Diaper Stacker(1 Pc), Crib sheet(1 Pc), Crib Bed Skirt (1 Pc?? crib sheet is the mattress fitted sheet?? and what is bed skirt?? and diaper stacker is part of bumper set meh? coz i nv see before leh...

Morning mummies... anyone interested in GAP Pj??? clearing some small sizes at $7 per set FOC normal mail...

BUT to MTB in Dec2011, i am selling at $6 per set... cutting small...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5932835.jpg]

this should be diaper stacker?? its included in a bedding set which i bought from oversea

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5932836.jpg]

diaper skirt is the one i circled.... i find it only for nice to see purpose only, and it attacts dust.. so did not bought the set that comes with it

Hi mummies,

Long time haven had time to drop by! I just found out I'm having a baby girl, my wish has finally come true, so happy! Praying that my princess will be a happy and healthy little girl! Mama ash could you please update the gender in the table for me? Thanks.

BTW anyone knows the opening hours for hypermart and babykingdom on sundays? thinking of gettting my husband to bring me go see see...

Back