(2011/12) Dec 2011

Hi mummies,

I intend to purchase the Quinny stroller and Maxi Cosi car seat after 7th mth.

I will start a thread in the FB group tonite with all the details there.

Those who are interested can place their orders there. Found someone who had experience purchasing from this distributor, so far so gd. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can I join the FB GROUP ... Fb name is Sh....

I have juz sent a request...

Thank you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne there are good reviews on city stroller and others on YouTube, search baby gizmo. Excellent source of reviews

Both the city mini and city stroller are great esp if you already have a maxi cosi since they have adaptors that fit the car seat. But do go down to mothercare and have a feel for the weight first. Folding is amazing!

Any mums here plan to use Angelcare movement and sound monitor? Seems a lot safer than just a sound or video monitor alone.. Saw another local brand movement monitor pad at Taka fair... $660!

I'm starting to feel pain ( maybe cramp ) at the side of my bump when I sleep. Always having hard time to leave the bed for toilet in the middle of the night. Anyone experiencing the same? Have no issue in the daytime at all.

Preparing to ask the gyane tml and hope it's nth serious.

Stardust,

May I know roughly how much is the respective price for quinny zap xtra & maxi Cosi that was quoted by the supplier that u've been talking to? I m very tempted to buy fr taka but was advised to do so only after 7 mths too[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so just wanna see if the diff is great or not..

Joanne,

Same here for me, the sides of tummy seemed very stretched and been tedious when I tried to get up at night too... What was advised was to roll to the sides then gently get out of bed. Try not to get up from bed from the normal 'sit-up' position.

Hi Joanne & flee I dun feel pain when sleeping but yday for e whole day my lower belly keep cramping. Then at night I can feel some parts of my skin harden. It feels like bb was in a awkward position. V uncomfortable. Then I talked to him and told him to sit or lie properly. Today so far I feel ok v relax. No cramps!

yes, I feel talking to bb does help.

and I realise for the past few weeks whenever my hb sings to bb, bb will be keeping at the side my hb is at. Then hb will be so excited to see the tummy moving slightly towards him and telling me that bb will be closer to him in future!

today i keep having cramp at my left side of tummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] duno what is gg on

Leftbraini - tink MamaAsh has to add you to FB

Flee - I have posted the details on FB. Reiterated below for those who have yet to join us on FB:

Seller's catalogue is available here: http://www.gloryspring.com.sg/catalog/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=60bub0o6bj7gjtqfacrd9r4515

Purchase of Quinny Buzz (Rebel Red) + Maxicosi carseat - $50 discount

Purchase of any Quinny stroller + Maxicosi carseat - $30 discount

BP discount subject to further negotiation depending on the number.

Buzz has 2 year warranty on chassis and 1 year on seat. Zapp Xtra has 1 year warranty for both. If defect is found within 7 daysm seller will exchange a new one. Defect (not due to misuse) within the warranty period can be referred to seller for repair.

Pls note I am not affiliated to seller. Just wish to get more discounts for everyone here, including myself.

BP closes on Fri 26 Aug.

Those who are interested, pls PM or submit your orders to me here or through FB in the following format:-

Nick: Stardust 25

Order/ Qty: Quinny Zapp Xtra Rocking Black(1) + Maxi COsi Cabriofix Deep Red (1)

Amt: 530+295-30=$795

Mama Ash: Thx for adding me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stardust: I m gg to take over a frd maxi cosi car seat... Was told I need an adapter for Quinny zap extra ....

Can help to check if the supplier do sell adapter too, thx again )

Hi MamaAsh,

Pls add me to FB group and update my info on the table. Thanks!

EDD: 16 Dec

Gynae: Dr Tan Hak Koon from SGH

anyone still looking for confinement ladies? I am from the April thread and my CL was wonderful. She told me that her friends and her are looking for assignments in the later part of this year. Please PM me if anyone is still looking :)

wishing all of you smooth deliveries! Must be very excited waiting to hold your bundle of joy :)

Joanne: my girl move when my hubby talk to her too. so funni. but we haven see my tummy move yet. really enjoy her movements [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne,

I got mine at mothercare bcoz I got a good discount tt time. Think it's (10+5)% or (15+5)%. So I bought the twin stroller, maxicosi car seat n adaptor all there.

Morning mummies!!! TGIF!!! So many days never really come in and read... All talking about strollers??

Went for detailed scan yersterday.. phew!! All is well and it's confirmed a little prince!! Haha!! All thanks to my dad. That day he told me he dreamt that i gave birth to a gal! And he keep asking and telling me saying i told him it's a boy and he has been thinking of all the boy's name and now gal?? lolx!! scare me a bit also.. maybe my dad too stressed over thinking of names?? little prince is SO ACTIVE!! keep moving around and the sonographer tries to take a gd shot of him.. end up he still use his hand to cover half the face!

went taka fair ytd also.. long day there.. we even walked the whole of orchard becaus ewanna let hubby have a try of capella strollers before we decide.. end up walk so many places.. either no children's dept or no capella.. zzz... our feets are super sored!!!

end up, got my friend to whatspp photos instead.. after thinking, we decided to get the maclaren instead coz it's a pretty gal deal also... bought quite a lot of things and spent over $800 yesterday i think.. and car park is $25!! zzz...

really da bao xiao bao ytd.. and hubby commented: we dun go shopping or out often but this is the 1st time we go shopping, spent so much and nothing belongs to us!!lol

Allo mummies!!! Its friday!! YAY!! :D

Yesterday i want for my monthly gynae checkup and saw my lil one ( i always get excited seeing him! hehe.)! He was moving around and suddenly he turned to his side and waved his hand! haha.. My gynae was telling us yr boy jus said hi! haha.. Cute!!! Oh, i had the glucose oral test and it was terrible!!! After drinking the glucose solution, i felt sick and soon after i vomited!!! It was jus too sweet to drink! Hopefully, my results will be good...

I am scheduled for my detailed scan during my 7th month in Oct. i actually didnt know they will do another detailed scan.. Has anyone went for tat oready? Is it the similar one done in 5th mth?

i went for the taka fair and saw the 4 in 1 cot! We so wanted to get it but realised it will be too cramped for our room... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So, still looking for other cots..

Oh, when my hubby talks to my lil one, he will also start moving around my stomach.But we haven seen my tummy move though. haha.. But lately, he is moving alot at nite.. and i have hard time going to sleep.

safiya, same... we also saw the cot.. so tempted to buy but concern about the size and shifting it in and out of room.. this is a big headache now. duno where baby sleep!!

oh, is there another test at 7th month?? i thought no more tests already?

I saw the 4-in-1 cot too but didn't buy coz I still have my daughter's cot which was v expensive & still in good condition. Did you see the infant pillow? I bought for the baby & another junior pillow for my 5.5yrs old son. Bought a bean bag for $11+ too..seems like they have lots of stuff on sale but I went alone so couldn't carry so much.

CP, infant pillow?? how is it like??

there are really a lot things but i dun think all are really on sale bah..

i wish they have more diplays and stuff on cots and playpens... haha!!

Jac: Considered wide selection of prams, cots, baby stuff on sale in 1 spot. See til blur liao... The infant pillow is flat under brand Baby Beannie sold by the same lady selling the Victoria cots. It is washable & good for sensitive skin. Bought for my 2nd child who loves it til now...that's why bought a junior size for him since he's older now. The Avent products are on sale too. Some of the items like the prams, cots, pillows are not carried in Taka's racks in normal days. I asked for the salesgirl's name card so that I can easily buy replacement pillows next time.

Jac: Congrats on yr lil prince!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Ya, for me also same concern! A big headache to buy cot! hai! Space contraints!

I also thought no more test until my gynae gave me the date. was a bit puzzled. Any mummies care to share if they are scheduled/went for thier 7th mth scan?

hihi, TGIF everyone... though it actually doesnt make any diff to me cos i have been staying at home since sun cos of backside pain.... cant walk properly...

so exciting to hear about pp going shopping! my hubby brought me to buy stroller yesterday too! having stayed at home for quite a few days, going out yesterday to buy bb stuffs just make me soooo happy! we got at bbhypermart cos i cant stand for long, ill go ouch ouch ouch!

Hey CP, im interested in the infant pillow too.... do u know where else i can get other than taka??? dun think i can make it there....

hi safiya, i didnt know there's another detail scan too! but i heard the nurse say something abt growth scan..... not sure if this is the one....

cp, is it at the other corner where they sell the beddings stuff also? didnt know that the pillows r good! didnt really check all those out because we still havent settled on where baby slps!

ya, we were deciding between avent and pigeon sterilizer set... but end up with pigeon coz the sterilizer seems better and the cover can be secured better and hold more bottles..

BTW, the SA at avent told me that they will been having some sale / displays at Nex next week.

oh ya, we havent bought the breast pumps yet.. coz scared buy liao no milk? and also thinking whether to buy avent or medela... i thought it might be easier coz i also have avent bottles le.

safiya, thanks!! ya, headache right? i think other alternatives are those spring bouncinete?or if no choice, buy mattress and let baby slp on the floor besides u?

i going kiddy palace tonight on my way to my mum's place,... gonna check out the diamensions of playpens and cots they have there... btw, i realised the width of most cots are 760mm... which is about same as most door opening!!! wouldn't it be too tight or difficult to go through?

littlefren, ur backache still very bad?? or feeling better?? my back also getting worse,.., and my ankles.. worse is my hips coz i just "san" my hips 1-2 weeks back and now it gives me sharp pain frequently when i rely more on that side of my hip..

oh ya, my maclaren stroller i got at taka fair was also by hypermarts! i think they r there to showcase alot of their strollers and i heard from the SA that deals r better there.. not sure how true but it is definitely cheaper for my maclaren..

i think we all cant walk for long too... dead tired yesterday.. feets sore, muscles aching, back aches, and i gets cranky and impatient.. i think its really hard for me to go shopping or travelling.

growth scan? what is that?? i nv hear my doc mentioning it before and not stated in the list of scans/test that are recommended..

If it helps, mama love cot Is 75cm. Do take in consideration ur door thickness when measuring ur room door width. My place is 78cm so hardly any space to spare if need to move cot around.

Any mums can share what monitors they intend or already using? Sound only enough or video is necessary? What about movement?

Hi Jacqueline, my back is fine, it's my backside that's having problem, same as ACE, wonder how she is too.I'm better cos can stand n walk now, but will hit the nerve within ten steps, ha! I couldn't walk or stand on sunday. U take care, dun stand or walk too much ya?

Hi Gerald, I bought avent video monitor... But haven't use yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bfly, we bought the maclaren XT 08 model. they have the 08 and 10 model on sale but i see no point in paying more for the 10 model. basically, there is no major or mechanism difference. The different we thought is more impt is the the 10 model comes with the head support but not the 08 model.

end up, we bought a separate head support at the fair which is cheaper (about $15, which is not bad coz my friends bought it before and i also bought it for other friends). tried fixing it at home yesterday and it fits.

btw, the usual price for almost all places for maclaren xt is $500+ to $600 even at hypermart (maclaren distributor). at the fair, the 08 model is $399 and 10 model is $454 (i think).

also, maclaren strollers do not come with the handle bar in front so need to buy. if u get the $399 model, it will be given free but it's not original maclaren handle bar and the handle bar is hard. u will need to remove it when closing the stroller. what we did is we trade in this and top up $20 for another handle bar which is softer and doesnt need to be removed when closing the stroller.

if u buy the 10 model (($454), u will need to top up $20 to get the hard handle bar or $40 for the softer handle bar. was told by the hypermart SA that the softer handle bar is sold at $69.90 at hypermart without discount.

littlefren, u seen doc?? did dic says anything? is it because of the weight building up in front that causes the backache?? yours sounds bad and very painful..

whats the monitor for??

Littlefrien: The name card given to me is - Baby Beannie tel 63140086 ctc Sophia Foong hp 91693539 email: [email protected] The salesgirl told me can ring her to place order as she usually sells her items by Internet, can't afford the high consignment costs charged by Taka. Their baby pillows are good, reasonable pricing but their pillow cases too costly. Website: www.babybeannie.com

Jac: I find latex pillows are better & more comfy than those standard fluffy pillows. Agreed that Pigeon sterilizer is bigger than Avent. I also use Pigeon sterilizer but Avent bottles which I find better tho pictures of the bottles not as nice as other brands.

I 1st bought the Avent manual breast pump as strongly recommended by a friend. But I find it v tiring to pump out the milk especially after caesearian..no wish to spend that extra time on pumping instead of resting. Then I bought the Medela electric pump in my 2nd delivery..so much faster tho burn bigger hole in the pocket..ha..ha...but the cost is worth it considering the Amy of effort & time you get to save at every milk pumping session.

I also want to buy a baby monitor. Thot sound monitor is good enough? Saw many models in the Taka fair..all very costly leh.. Any good suggestion on what brand & model is good?

You may consider Graco for playpen. The sales price seems q attractive.

Jacqueline thank you so much for the detail explanation. I will be in taka in a few hours. Will take a look at the model u bought. Hehe. My intention of going there is a actually to buy quinny Zapp xtra. I will consider u model as well.

cp, thanks for the link on baby beannie!! maybe i can go check it out also. =)

at the fair, i see that avent breastpump has got promo but out of stock!! heard it finishes very fast and it's not the manual de.. it's the auto de and cheaper than medela i think.. the medela mini electroc pump is selling is $299 at the fair. another thing is medela breastpump dun fit other bottles right? that's y i thinking maybe can get the avent electric pump since i already got avent bottles. sure can fit!

graco at the fair like quite ex or no discount when i compare leh.. i looking at latido though.. cheaper and heart wun ache that bad if baby duwan slp in it! haha!! gonna buy yao lan for my mum's place as well coz doing confinement there. or should i bring my playpen (if i buy for home use) to my mum's place for confinement?

i think to thinkof something coz i will be doing confinement @ my mum's place.. den after that go back home (in-laws place).. but after maternity leave, i will need to bring baby back to my mum's place for her to help me take care while i serve my notice period.. hope to get something easy, useful, not that heavy and not so ex.. would it be stupid if i buy 2 playpen instead; 1 for each home?

bfly, no prob!! have fun shopping and dun get too confused coz there are really ALOT strollers on display!!! heard aprica is pretty gd too.. but ex also.. i didnt really look at quinny so not sure of their prices.. gambatte!! and hope your damage wun be as big as mine.. haha!!

Aiya..can pour out the milk from 1 bottle to another lah...not really that hassle..

Graco is q solid & stable..can last for a long time if you intend to have some mire babies... Btw, it's q easy to fold up & open the playpen so you can easily bring it around. I once brought it to the hospital when my 2nd son was hospitalized but rejected the hospital cot. Can easily wash & sun it too. V travel friendly. I like the Aprica strollers too. My aunty initially wanted to buy that but I find it too overpriced at $799 & above leh..not worth esp this will be my last child..v handful with 3 liao so told her bor hua to buy such a costly pram for the last child. That's why settled for the Graco..also happened there was this 9mth old American kid trying on that Graco pram expressing such happiness that made us decide to buy it. His parents claim th sitting posture was better than the pram they brought here for holiday. The kid kept chuckling when we asked him comfy or not..really lovely kid...real live advertisement for them.

Hi mummies,

To confirm, there is indeed another scan. It's called growth scan . It's included in my pkg and done at week 32.

There's 20% for bb cot set at Aussino, in case you guys are interested. Saw it in papers today.

Yah, also wondering which bb monitor better.

Talking abt confinement, I lagi sian. As I shared the last time, MIL insisted doing for me and bringing along her maid (plus mine), but at my place. But 6 months before this, she is already making things so difficult. I'll likely to have to do at her place. Dreading it but no choice cos she will be caring for my bb (with my maid's help) when I return to work after maternity.

So, I gotta re-think my shopping list and buy portable items or else buy double. But this is still cheaper if I accede to her many requests for doing confinement at my place.

Sigh....

Hi CP. thanks for the link for the pillow! My fren also told me sound monitor good enuff. she got the Avent sound monitor, loud and sensitive, but when she told me i bought liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i got the video one cos that time when hubby said want bb zzz in another room, i very bu fang xin, so my thinking was video monitor was best it can get to make me more fang xin, guess its psychological lah.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi jac.... ya... went kkh OnG when i couldnt walk or stand, happened after i fin my hightea... hahaha! and was kena wheelchaired out. KKH say not conclusive what caused it,only gimme painkiller n monitor. went to see gp day before, gp says likely ligament stretch, took some bu nerve med n went home, advice to just sit n lie down. now waiting to see what my gynae say next wed... but today better than before liao. can walk more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u take care, dun let it escalate like mine... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi Stardust: thank you for confirming the scan. Was really puzzled and got me a bit worried. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jac: I am in the same shoes as you!!! Will be staying wif my mum until my maternity leave finishes and then after start work, my in laws and my goona take turns to take care, but most prob, my mum will be doing the most cas my in-laws quite busy with their family business. But, i am planning to bring bk the baby everyday from my mum's place. Hubby suggested getting 2 cots cas it will be hassle carrying the cot here and there. But cost is also another factor.. Hai!!! We are still breaking our head on deciding! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

CP, true lah! pour from 1 to another but if can save this trouble also good!! have to decide again... zzz... avent or medela?!!!!

i remember seeing graco playpen @ $199 at taka fair ytd... anyway, i wun have chance to pop by orchard anymore so my only hopes will be those departmental stores or expo baby which is months later..

stardust, there's really another scan??!!! hmmz... think i better asked my gynae when i see her end of the month... for you it's part of package so no need to pay additional??

thanks for the info on aussino! shall go check it out.. is it for members only or open to public?

dun be too sad about confinement and what happens after ML.. maybe it might not really be that bad what the day comes.. zou dao qiao tou zhi ran zhi??

maybe u endure... agree to her request? for ard 1 mth only??

littlefren, at least the med that gp gives u better?? or the painkiller?? sometimes i really hate it when u spend so much go hospital, end up, they only give painkillers and they cannot advise u what happened.. but whatever it is, goo dthat u r better and remember not to move too much or stretch urself too hard!

safiya.. me a little diff.. i will be with my mum for 1st mth and 1 mth after ML finish. after my confinement, my MIl expects me to go back to her place!!! i also wish i can continue staying at my mum's place after confinement coz someone to help me and i wont be alone!! if i go back in-laws place, all go work and i will be left at home.. very lonely leh!! haha!!

i agree... buying 2 is easier and save alot hassle but again, $$$.. thats y thinking of not spending too much on it..

Jac: Haha!! Tats the same reason y i don want to go back after my confinement to my inlaw place! Cas i will be lonely and i would definitely need help! Somemore, its my first time, i would definitely need someone by my side to guide me! N i know the best person is my mum!

safiya, at least u can staill stay at ur mum's place after confinement.. for me, it's 98% no-no..lolx!! no choice.. i just hope i can pull it through!!! and maybe make myself a better and stroner person! haha!! (self-consoling..)

Back