(2011/12) Dec 2011

Stardust,

Cheer up k. He is your husband you are the person who knows him best. So if he is like that then I guess you can't change him so much. Further more DTBs may not know what to do or how to help us. So that's prob y he behaves like his usual way. Try talking to him when e mood is better la.

Do you all have backaches? I'm starting to have at my lower back. It hurts when I walk ;( sobs

i have been having aches at the left side of my buttock.... it used to be that i lie down on my sides for a while n it will go away... but it has been w me the whole of yesterday n now too.... ya, it hurts when i walk.... is this normal??

Littlefren: What you're doing with your hubby is nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Yah, think our hubbys are having some similar responses to our pregnancy.

Winniep: I'm expected to deliver later than most of you so am hitting the pregnancy milestones later than you all. However, I am having a lower backache too. Have you tried the pregnancy support belt? I've bought mine from mothercare for $80+. I have seen it sold at Mums and Babes too. It had helped me relief my backache some... Hope it'll help you?

So far I hv no bkache yet. But I have very tired ankles just by walking normally. I am starting to hv cramps at nite and both legs at same time.

And gynae say I may hv irritable uterus.....my tummy is always super tight...and it can hurt so much, I cant stand up straight...

Oh well, all for bb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Littlefren - act I also nv qn what my hubby does, he can mt his ex-gf(s) alone even. i'm ok with such things (tho my sis say I brain damage to allow this, haha) but I guess with pregnancy, one cant help but expect to be treated differently.

Yah, u let me know abt the Quinny. No hurry since I am on buying curfew too, haha.

I also agree with the rest of the mummies that couple time is v impt. So we will learn to appreciate what each other loves to do and try to do those things together.

Hi littlefren

I had the some prob as u, only tat mine is on the right side

But I had been hvg back prob n had been visiting the chiropractor. However doc n gynae do not advise me to visit one anymore n doc recommended ne physio instead

I really thank God too as I jus joined a new co recently .. As a temp.. My boss knew tat I'm pregnant n she even converted me to perm n I'm able to enjoy all the medical benefits and visiting chiro or physio is included =)

Jus did abt 2session n I must said tat it might not b as effective as my chiro but tis doc did relieve some of my pain

Hey stardust, haha! If u trust yr hubby then y not.... But ex gf for me is no no..;p. I understand what u meant by expecting to be treated differently ;) ms carpe diam n ace, thanks for the advice, hmmmm when it's unbearable, will go try the methods u guys suggested... At this moment, it seems better... Just wondering if any cause for worry.

Ace, your boss is really nice... ;) so understanding!

Littlefren.. the ache is normal de.. i oso kena.. worsens when i haf to carry my #1 ard.. ask ur hubby massage.. it helps.. sometimes during preg with all the hormonal changes, aches do aggravate..

sigh i oso wish for more couple time! had so much of it during 1st preg.. now w the lil rascal in tow.. it's tougher! my hb also not that concerned bout the 2nd preg like how he was gan jiong over the 1st.. so those first time mummies must really enjoy..

btw it is a great idea for first time daddies to go to the class.. then they wont use ignorance as an excuse not being able to help out w baby.. my hb was more confident of bathing/burping/handling the baby cos of the classes.. and he is v encouraging bout breastfeeding too.. help to position my newborn then to latch n all..

for strollers.. can always go and ask for last season stock from baby hypermart etc.. they are almost similar to the current season stock but way cheaper.. though limited choices on colours.

On the backache issues, I experience backaches as early as week 8 and it never go away after which. I realised that I can no longer lie flat on my back and can only sleep on my sides to relieve the aches. So far as long as I continue sleeping on my sides and don't hunch back while using com in the daytime, the backaches doesn't bother me. But gynae did advise that it will worsen as we advances with pregnancy.

On the hubby part, I think it's like flying a kite. If pull too hard, the string may snap, if too loose, it will run wild. Luckily my hubby is 7yrs older and has already most or less settle down his party ways before we got married. I have to say that despite men can be less sensitive towards us but having a child with them seems to 'tame' them as well. To be frank, our relationship almost went south as we were together for a tad too long like 6 years with no children. He began to treat me for granted knowing that we have our own things to do and he forgets that I still need attention. I was really worried he'll treat me the same even when I'm pregnant so I kept delaying having children. But now I have to say that I wished that I have a child with him earlier. He becomes much more attentive and will make an effort to make sure I'm fed. He also takes note of the things I can/cannot eat. Though he complains at times but those little gestures really warm my tired heart. Recently he is really busy with work and school but he will still ask about baby, whether he kicks me, names for him and have been trying to feel baby's movements from my bump (but fail coz he rests his palm too heavily on my bump). I guess men change just as they change after marriage and will change after becoming a dad. Sorry for being so lor so, just sharing my thoughts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1st of all, wishing all mummies to be in good health...

Sometimes, things happened unexpectedly...never I would have thought this is happening to myself. It was just like a dream & happened out of a sudden & too soon. Was happily looking forward to my checkup on Fri (yesterday morning), never to expect such a bad news from the mouth of the doc: There is no heartbeat seen/detected on ur baby, thus ur baby has passed away in ur womb. 3 docs/sonographers confirmed the results from their scans. I've no choice but reluctantly have to go thru D&C, delivered my dead baby on the day itself at 8.15pm. It was a baby boy...

Sorry mummies to have posted this, but it will be my last post here. I hope all mother to be here have a smooth & happy pregnancy, all the way to full term & be able to hold ur little angel in ur arms soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MamaAsh, kindly please remove my name from the table ya. Thanks!

Take care all...

Jinghui,

Im sorry this happen. Take care n gambatte!

Ms carpe diem,

Thanks for ur advice. I just went mothercare at harbor front and got e maternity belt support. About $41 but if u purchase two they are giving 15% discount. Duno whether is it the same as what u said. It's like a big rubber with Velcro and cloth in front for tummy.

Jinghui, big hug to u. I know it is very heart breaking when the doc tell u the heart beat. I experienced it before. Be strong ok? Nurse back ur health. Ur boy is now in good hands, together with my twin gals. Today is the first yr anniversary since they left us

Jinghui: I'm really sorry to hear abt your bb. Take care of yourself and at the right time try again.

Winniep: Yes, what you've bought is what I had too. I just re-read my post and realised i've mistyped the price in my previous post, oops, thks for the correction, it was $40+ originally. It had helped me to relieve my backache during the

times I have it strapped on so far and I hope it'll help you too. You had bought 2 belts to enjoy the discount? I've bought only one.

littlefren, ur hb is so "onz" now and ask u why never go for antenatal class...heheh yes i agree with u, we still have to make time for some mini pak tor sessions even tho we have kids, it really improves the relationship [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] anyways u starting the class soon rite?

stardust, think ur hb dunno how to "react" as he is a first time daddy...mb the idea of daddy haven "sink" into him yet...i think his attitude might be more enthusiatic when bb's out la... my hb gets more and more enthusiatic after every bb...first bb he also like "no feeling" kind until he saw the bb...

winnie, so far no backaches yet (hopefully no), think try not to walk too much and also use a cushion to support ur back when u sit down...

ace, u have a nice boss [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] envy!

kimiko, ur hb sounds very sweet to u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jing hui, sorry to hear abt ur loss! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] its so sudden... anyways try to rest more...ask ur mil to come over to help and do a mini confinement... if u need someone to talk to, can always fb or msn me... am sure ur no 3 is in good hands of god, u still have ur no 1 and no 2...u must stay strong for them...

Ms carpe diem,

I bought one only. Try out first the other item I bought is 3 panties cos my triangle panties not comfy already! Omg! Hips widening Liao!

Winniep,

I do bb signing with my #1. It really works. She can't spk properly yet but she uses hand signs to show me what she wants. But must be consistent in teaching n using. I was not exactly very consistent bcoz initially din see results. I signed to her since newborn. Then I forgot n stopped for a while or only sign once in a while. Now I realized she picks up very fast. She can sign immed after I teach her a new sign. Bear in mind tt newborn dun have the motor skills to sign bk esp if complicated but tt does not mean they r not learning or absorbing. Sometimes I think my gal misinterpret the sign but still can communicate, eg i always ask her if she wants more (food/ cookies) n I sign "more"... Then she will sign bk "more" to indicate she wants some more. Then over time I realized she will sign "more" on her own intiative or when I asked her "u want cookies?". So I guess she treats the sign "more" as she wants to eat. But it's ok, just continue n they will learn in time.

hi all, sorry really too much to catch up so i'm skipping! lol...

Jinghui, sorry to hear that...take care...

went taka AND kaki bukit with wife yesterday...

here's the findings:

Combi Miracle Turn MT-450

$629 (taka and kingdom same price, hypermart dun carry combi)

Combi Multi5way + matching car seat

$729 (taka and kingdom same price, hypermart dun carry combi)

PP P3 compact (2009)

$600 (taka)

$684 (hypermart)

PP P3 compact (2011)

$682 (taka)

hypermart no stock

PP Si (2010)

$499 (hypermart)

taka no more stock, replacement model to arrive in Sep

Capella S217 plus car seat offer still available at Kingdom but without walker as compared to BHG offer. $349.

we thinking of getting the capella set from kingdom then maybe the P3 from taka...total abt $1k...so my wife can use the capella when she's out alone and we use P3 when we going out with car.

some of the few baby cot models we saw in taka also available in hypermart n kingdom but taka has better deal. taka offer includes better mattress, bedding set, delivery and installation. warranty starts from delivery date. we looking at Bon Be Be cot with coconut fibre mattress. $499 all in...

Classic Pooh bedding set

$85 (taka)

$109 (kingdom)

PIS advanced + thermometer + nipple cream = $729

Freestyle + thermometer + breast pad + baby leg warmer = $799 (obviously better deal)

Mini E plus + city style bag + nip cream = $299

yesterday my wife say can start to feel BB move and kick...just now she felt it and called me over...I FELT IT TOO!!! hahaha...sorry...bit crazy after feeling my BB move for the 1st time...

AC: You sound like news broadcaster..v detailed... Are there many choices of strollers in Taka? Gathered from MTBs earlier comment that Combi not so steady as wheels too small tho compact. Now thinking of Capella or Maclaren..

Gbh: Does signing to baby slow down their speech learning? Both my 2 older kids are year-end kids & we were told to read & speak a lot to the baby to speed up their speech progress. I find that it helps a lot as both my kids are rather eloquent now tho' motor skills may still lose out now as they're year-end babies.. Joked with my gynae if possible to push baby delivery to Jan but he said can't since my EDD is 9Dec & caesearian is 2 wks earlier.. No choice have a 3rd yearend baby lor..maybe can have 3-in-1 b'day party next time - cheaper & less work..ha..ha..

Envy tat u all can start shopping for bb stuffs .. We r now busy with our new house.. Will hv to settle the new house 1st le ..

winniep, there's 2 skools for thoughts for baby signing... some pple did commented saying tha it makes the bb to be slower in speech...

ac, juz a suggestion, why dun u get an umbrella stroller instead of the capella? cuz during the inital few mths if your wife wanna go out with bb, its easier to manage with sling/bb carriers... when bb's neck/back is stronger then can get an umbrella stroller, which is very light (like 3kg) then she can bring bb out alone... also for breast pump, dun consider the mini electric cuz its a very noisy pump, macham like grass cutter... haha...

cp, maclaren is good... i bought it when i have my #1...now #3 gg to use also! so very durable and lasting!

ace, when is ur new hse coming?

Hi Sporty

It is alrdy here .. Now it is the midst of nego w contractor on wat we wan.. Sourcing around for stuffs for the house n etc

Was too exhausted last wkend n decided to take a break tis wk.. Hehe we totally didn't do anyti [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

from what i understand, maclaren cannot stand on it's own when folded so it's out of our list totally.

the S217 is abt 5kg...Si is abt 6...

what i dun like abt combi and capella is that they require 2 step to fold whereas PP can be folded in one move...and PP wheels seem more steady also...

problem with light strollers is that they seem flimsy and does not seem to offer much in terms of comfort...

sigh...so much to think just to get a stroller...easier to buy a car...

AC: Thank you so much for the detailed breakdown, and wow happy news tgat you can feel the bb's movements too! So exciting!

Why are you more interested in the bon be be $499 set? I can't quite see its advantages.

CP & sporty,

Dun think bb signing will slow down speech development bcoz u r supposed to say the word too while u sign. Btw I'm also doing Glenn Doman program with her which I have stopped for quite a few months. So now resuming the program. My gal dunno how to spk yet. Just blabbering n sometimes single words like mama etc. But she is extremely fast in motor skills; she holds her own bottle at 4mths plus n can get on n off her buggy ride on wheels (think before 1 yr old? Must go see my FB video to recalll how old) n I notice among my #1 thread babies tt those who spk much earlier r much slower in motor skills (some only recently started to walk without assistance) while those who develop faster in motor skills r slower in their speech vocab.

Oh btw I rem vaguely during one of the training for the Glenn Doman programs, the trainer mentioned like the best is to teach ur bb to read before they learn how to spk bcoz once u learn how to spk, tendency is tt when we read, we r reading n making the sounds of the words silently in our mind (like silent reading) but tt will hinder speed reading bcoz once u introduce sound, u cannot go fast. Something like the key is u read while not making sounds inside ur head but by visual then can speed read. I must double chk with the trainer on this the next time I go bk for 2nd round training.

Ac,

I thought e Bon bebe cot is 399 how come you said it's 499? Is it due to the coconut husk bedding?

Gbh,

Yes I'm planning to teach my bb how to sign too. My friends have shown me that it's an asset for bb to learn cos they can't express in words what they want at n early age. This Glenn domain program is it worth it? I saw e website and it's recommend we purchase the learning books?

Lots of post over the weekend.

Jinghui, do take care and nurse yourself back to good health.

Winnie: Bon bebe cot has two pricing. either 399 or 499. the 499 comes with a better bedding set i think and a toy mobile thingy that u can hang on the cot to entertain the bb.

I bought theGlen Domain Eng & Maths 7 years ago for my girl..it remained a white elephant after short use. I was then a working mother...where got so much time to flash the cards.. Even busier when my boy arrived 2 years later.. Still sitting in my study room...probably will try on my 3rd kid since I'm not working now..hopefully can reap some benefits from the high costs invested.anyway, my 2 older kids have no problem with English as I send them to Zoophonics..pay &let the teachers handle..easier way out..he..he...

Sounds like every brand of pram has it's pros & cons..headache leh...

Winniep,

I think the GD books r good to have if u have time to read. It's more for u to learn how to train ur bb in diff aspects. They got many books. The most overall one shld be the "how smart is your baby?" I got most of the different books. The math/ reading/ swimming etc... But if u r not the reading type, can just go for their training to learn how to use the cards. Will take a while n some trial n error in using the program bcoz very new to u too mah. MUST be consistent in doing the flashcards. If not like what CP said can become a white elephant lor. Tt y now I'm resuming bcoz i think spent so much money liao, die die must use, whether my gal absorb much or not is secondary, at least i tried my best as a mum to teach her. I'm a sahm but I'm pretty lazy one too. Plus now I'm preggie n got an online biz, sometimes no energy left to entertain my #1 so feel guilty towards my gal too. So trying to make my time spent with her as fun n as educational as possible.

stardust, there are a few different types of maternity pillows at the website. Which one are u keen to get? Amazon also got sell, USD50-80 (excl shipping), depending on brand & type. I'm also considering getting 1 coz I always end up sleep flat on back or sleep on right side instead of the recommended left side. Sometimes wake up with backache. And the small pillows i use to support tummy end up on the floor, at my feet or hubby's side!

Ling, I think OG/Metro sell the breastfeeding pillow. I remember seeing a maternity pillow at Taka BB fair but quite costly compared to buying online.

I've signed up for Mt Alvenia's Childbirth course tdy, commencing in Sept, Sat 4-6pm. Anyone joining that class too?

My sis & her frds (who have 1-2 kids) think I'm too ambitious to think of handling 1st bb confinement on my own, w/o a CL, my mum or MIL so she psychoed me to get a CL. I was quoted $2.2k. If bb arrives on time, I can escape CNY surcharges. If not, I'm looking at $2.6 - $3.5k. *faints* I'm still thinking should get or not. So expensive!! Add in food & tonics costs, it'll hit $3k-$4k?!

Ling, OG got sell the long pillow ah? Coz thot they only sell the "My Breast Friend" pillow. Think I've to go check it out again. Thanks!

Back