(2011/12) Dec 2011

bernice... hi5 on #1 gal gal. oh the previous location is being hacked down le.. they are building condo there.. thus all tenants have to move out. but i duno y he chose Bt timah plaza...

i believe detailed scan have to do at Mount E clinic bcos the machine there is more high tech and complete bah... not sure whether the flu jab is taken too early for u but should be ok bah... if not nurse wont ask u to take.. right anot? heeheez.. maybe during my 12 weeks check, they forgot to jab me heehee... ohhh maybe bcos im having blood test on last visit thus no jab for me.

dacylet.. have heard some of it ... but some never.. heehee

TIE.. congrats on your bb gal too...next visit ask gynae to confirm again on the gender again. wowz your bb now 211g... my bb gal now only 150g heehee... what week are you at now?

my gynae dun even tell mi the size/weight... he dun measure now, since bb tends to grow at different rate. maybe he dun wan me to be bother abt the weight... stress free~

he only make sure mummy & bb are healthy ok liao.

Having one of the mood swings/ depression ( can tell what is what) feeling grumpy n moody whole day today dun know why also haizzx

My no1 todaythen i realised his big tooth pop out liao n he did not cryor have fever ( i tot thisstage he should have high fever n cry alot coz big teeth) which i feel he is very brave n i did not help him/ do anything for him, heface it alone .... Makes me feel .... Erm dun know how to describe? Guilty?? Sad?? Haizzz

Done my oscar last week low risk cant see boy or gal yet hope gal

When doing the scan saw another couple which i think around 30+ the test was not gd for them need to do more test, the wife look lost n panic hubby fed up with waiting n faster ask wife pay $ n go saying aiya nothing happen one lah confirm healthy noneed more test faster pay n go

congrats on mummies who find out the gender! aiyo i din login a few days and i'm lost. but glad to know all's well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

last few days busy checking out maid agencies... and end of day really boils down to 1 word - LUCK. or 2 words - heng suay. wahahaha. over the weekend went to bukit timah sc and after query many agencies.. i realise they themselves dun do the interview - they jus get from a '3rd party vendor' in PH/ INDO/ MYM... then their job jus like any other sales man - sell;p

jus to quote an example. i went to this one and the man servicing me soooo eager to push 1 maid to me. i request to view 'other alternatives' for fresh filipino maids with children over 30 yo (tat's my prerequisite), after probing him then i found out! he only has 2 such biodatas!!!

TIE...u get to know yr bb gender so fast..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] congras...R u on any Fish oil and prenatal vitamins too?? your checkup today is so detailed..really envy..mine will be on the 20th july..still have a long way to go..haiz

Not sure if its the effects of orange juice. I had orange juice about 15mins before checkup. After initial 3sec of u/s, bb started being pretty active in kicking and waving. So exciting. Coz last visit she was sleeping throughout.

Krist: Thanks! I am in mid Week 17 right now. Haha. BB heavier prob coz mum puts on so much weight and some probably passed on to bb. I am already in maternity wear tail end of 1st trim. Today gotta buy more maternity wear coz of holiday so that got enough clothes to wear. Last mth coz tummy not that big, separates look better while dress looks funny. Today i can wear the dresses liao. Think my tummy went up by 1-2 inches in a mth!

Wendy: Haha. I told Dr Roland that I am going on holiday so if know gender then can buy things for bb. He say np, will try. He started me on fish oil ard end 1st trim. Only today then he wanna start me on multi-v and calcium. My visits also 1 mth apart so gotta b patient. A bit scary coz now can't feel bb's movements yet n gotta wait so long. Coz last min plan hols so last min push forward visit. I was quite lucky to be slotted in today noon. How's ur MS now? Still strict bed rest at home?

Hi Ling, yah so scary right? I have become so paranoid. Lately, I have weird movement at my abdominal area and have requested for my appt to be brought forward from next fri to this fri. I hope all goes well. ;X

Hi Littledarling, I'm like you too! As long as my aversions of food are still around, I kinda feel safe. keke...we are sadist right? Some how I just feel so insecure.

Hey, I believe you have experienced yr bb kicking u? How is it like? Lately, I have some weird feeling around my abdominal and wonder what's that n kinda worries me.

Hi Krist, thanks...keke....;D

Hi MamaAsh, my gynae is Dr Sheila Loh from Raffles Hospital. My next appt is 1st July. Location: Buangkok.

Thanks for updating the details! ;)

Hi dec mummies,

can I join in?

My EDD is 26th Nov but likely to be late like my #1. If he is late, he'll end up a dec baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and dr said it can be arranged to let both of them have the same birthday.. quite cute I think...

EDD: 26th NOv

Dr: Dr Benjamin Tham

Hospital: TMC

Next appt: 9th July

Baby #:#2

Thank you!

morn all!

dacylet, have alot of work to do so cant take mc la even tho everyday i dragged myself to work! the myths tha u posted, some are quite funny!!

TIE, congrats on ur gal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so where are u heading for hols?

jjj, alamak...dun remind me la...7 mths seems like a long time! hahah

ling, ur gynae will tell u bb's weight soon... if i am not wrong, from 5th mth onwards, the gynae will tell u bb's weight instead of the CRL measurements...

gretel, good luck on ur maid search!!

min, nice to see u here...welcome!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies...

what a rain today. wish I can sleep in my bed now.

welcome min [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

did your doc expect ur bb to be late? my doc keep saying mine will be early.

Giselle,

could be your bb kicking you now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TIE,

usually if you drink some sweet stuffs, bb will be more active. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] that is what the sonographer asked mi whether I drink something sweet, cuz my bb is very active during scan.

Giselle, dun get freak out. relaz. i am also scare for this coming fri's visit. everyday im telling beanie to grow healthily in mummy's tummy

dacylet, same thots too...nice weather to snooze...

ling, dun worry too much... am sure ur bb's fine and growing well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ms Carpe Diem, i'm interested in signing up for prenatal pilates classes too... was hoping to find one around Raffles Place so it's easier for me to go after work

Zmama: Yah finding one near workplace will be really convenient right? I believe there's one at Studio Up in Tanjong Pager. But didn't manage to see the price because I would prefer one in the North (toa payoh, amk, bishan etc)

so many days didnt come in and so many chats!! Fainting.. haha!!

didnt do any scan last fri.. only hear hb.. =( nvm.. i wait till next wed.. hopefully can get some gd news.. my fren says dr heng usually will be able to detect the gender early.. of coz she wun tell u 100% but prob ard 80%? Pray hard... i am ok with prince or princess but recently i thought it might be nice to be a boy 1st.. maybe coz i am the eldest sis.. so i thought maybe is got kor kor to look after didi or mei mei might be gd also? hehez!! another fren guessed its a boy last night also.. hmmmz...

i see u gals take orange juice before scan? it helps? the last round my baby also sleeping inside.. no movement but dr heng just sort of shake my tummy a little and baby starts moving! so maybe no need orange juice??

i just realised i probably cant take orange juice.. coz i tried taking it ytd.. and.. my breast is SUPER pain after that!!! like expanding/swollen type of pain?? duno how to describe..

wow!! u all going for classes?? i am too tired for anything after work le..

Hi,

I've the following items for sale. 

1. Babysafe sling (used only once) dark blue colour $30

2. Baby Bjorn carrier synergy (dark blue) seldom use $180

Interested can PM me. 

jac, i also no take orange juice before scan. And always empty my bladder before scan. Bb usually sleeping during scan or move a bit of hands/legs only. I always very worried & panic when screen comes on and see bb no movement immed. Only when i see blinkling light that shows heartbeat then can relax a bit. Hmm.. how come drink OJ got such effect on your breast? For me it's apple juice. It helps me go do big biz in toilet in morns, but not before causing sharp cramping pains in stomach in middle of night.

TIE, see u plan holiday I also tempted to go somewhere. My frd was saying now dun go, then no need go for long time liao! But from which month of pregnancy safe to go holiday?

My gynae also no tell me bb's weight. Wonder how they measure though. Now at wk16 I can't feel bb movement yet. Also always worry if bb is doing fine. No longer have aversion to food but always hungry instead. And still frequently pee in at nite. Everyday ask hubby if my tummy bigger or not to be assured bb is growing.

Dawn, it's prob the nice rainy weather making us sleepy n tired. I woke up at 10.30 this morn, still feel like lying on bed after lunch ;p

Chan P L, apple juice helps in ur morning business? gd leh.. i am taking the lactus syrup regularly to regulate bowel movement now.. i also duno y orange juice will cause such pain but i know i am not gonna drink it again unless necessary! i thik just need to shake tummy baby willbe awake lah.. so far, doc will alway slet me hear hb.. so i feel safe.. i also havent experience movement yet lehz.. but soon we should be able to feel right??

if u wanna go travel, best is 2nd tri... they say its honeymoon period also.. but better to get a memo or letter from doc.. i thinking of going holiday too but i think i might skip it.. i already feel tired after less than an hr of walking.. i think i cannot survive a holidauy...

jac, apple juice works well for me but i stopped drinking it ever since my sis said those made from concentrate but w/o added sugar is actually very high in sugar content. I too lazy to make my own juice. Plus the sharp stomach pains I experience at night is very scary, coz duno due to bb or bowels irritated by apple juice. Past 2 days I started drinking tea with fresh milk for breakfast, very fast rush to toilet after that ;p

But must try to drink w/o tea soon. Can't tahan fresh milk taste leh...

I was thinking of going a short trip to somewhere nearby like Malaysia or go on cruise. But concerned about food hygenie. Maybe during detailed scan in 4 wks' time ask gynae abt going holiday.

Krist, i am praying everyday. cos my new flat is coming, my dh dun allow me to be SAHM. if i can strike toto, settle the house installment then i quit. sad lor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies

I'm alrdy in my 17th week n Hv not felt any fetal movements. Shld I be concerned? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Btw, not sure if u all r aware...there's a new programme on cna called superparents every wed 8.30pm. Caught 10 mins of it yday. The experts were discussing babyplus. They said may cause discomfort to fetus tho not nec heating disorder....

Long time din post. Was too sick with MS for the past weeks. How's everyone?

Dawn, are you better now? Do try to cheer up.

Wendy, how are you coping?

Missus BL, how is ur MS? Can you eat better now?

yes, if i strike toto group 1, I will quit too.. hahha... but i seldom buy toto...

I am also thinking of signing up some pre-natel exercrise. Ms Carpe Diem amd zmama, if you do find any, do share and perhaps we can join together. Best around Tg Pager or West area.

For those of us who has ordered babyplus through Joanne, I am really looking forward to it!

Congrats to those who knew of the gender. You can go for last min GSS sale! So good....

My sonographer at TMC refuses to tell me gender saying is too early. That day visited Dr Adrian and he wanted to see if can find out gender but unfortunately position is not right. So no choice, got to wait for detailed scan. But some frens suspected is a Girl as girls are usually shy.. haha...

Ling, i believe its everyones' dream to strike toto or 4D la.. extra money to spend ma... heeheez..if strike liao.. dont have to worry who is taking care of bb, house installment, living expenses etc etc... but who will be the lucky one? have to keep trying lor... Good luck and jia you keke...

i'm thinking of doing perm part-time job for first 2 yrs after giving birth. This way can spend more time with bb yet still have an income. But perm part-time job hard to find... I got colleagues became SAHM till kid is 2-3yrs old then sent them to full day childcare so that mum can work full time again. Still considering my options...

best is strike toto but a fortune-teller once told me i dun have such luck...sianz...

decmum>> thanks dear.. my MS is better now that i've stepped onto 2nd trim. the vomiting is not that bad alrdy, really stopped by more than half. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i found out it's 80% a gal during my oscar scan. hopefully it stays as a healthy gal cos i heard it might turn out to be a boy during detailed scan. keke.. i dun think if shy will be a gal cos my frd cant see her bb gender as he was in the wrong position too.. but turned out is a boy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

anyway, i heard that if your hubby put on weigh when u are preg, means its a gal. if he slimmed down, means it's a boy. haha.. i said my hubby if he feels that he is fatter now, he said yes without knowing this wor. haha.. :p

ling,

same thot! hahaha

stardust,

usually 1st time mummies wun feel so early. some can only feel as early as Wk 20. as long as your visit to gyane indicates bb growing and having strong hb, u dun have to worry.

decmum,

hope you are feeling better now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

missus,

that another interesting myth abt predicting gender. haha..

kind of truth that gal --> boy during birth.

there is 2% that it can from boy --> gal during birth. Something wrong during the scanning =X

Had a rather busy weekend and lots to catch up before my trip to USA this week.. SME grants, son's birthday party, packing, redesigning the rooms, handing over, closing and submissions. Hope I didn't miss much from the thread.

Littlefren, Thanks! I can't say I am a good mom, but surely I hope my parenting method works for my childre. I can't blame my parents cos they are who they are because of their upbringing.

Dacylet, I heard of the myths when I was expecting #1, thanks for refreshing my mind and making my day interesting though I usually take myths with pinch of salt. To add to your list, carry high is girl; carry low is boy. Linea nigra formed a straight line at belly button is boy; linea nigra run sideways at belly button s girl, Crave for sweet is girl; crave for salty is boy. Nose becomes bigger and red is girl; nose remain the same is boy. Mommy looks tired and sloppy is girl; mommy looks radiant and tidy is boy.

When my cousin was pregnant with her son, she was very very sick, I do not know if that is because her threshold of tolerant is low. I did the ring thing when I was younger, and I should have 3 boys.. Actually all that is described in the myths is suggesting I'm expecting a boy this time round. Sigh!! Hopefully they stay as myths just to make the pregnancy discussions more interesting :D

Dawn, I felt sorry for the pregnant mom.. So sad that all the father thinks about is $$$!!!

RE: Baby Gender

Wow so many of you already know the bb gender!!! So envious! I also hope to know by next visit so I can shop till hubby dropped when in USA!!! Especially there will be post 4th July sale and back to school sale!!! WOWOWOW!!!

Stardust, don't worry, I didn't feel my #1 until I was at my 2/3 of the 3rd tri..

Today, my #1 was very rough and he kicked me on my lower tummy!!! Was so shocked I hit him!! He still thought it was funny, and got ignored by me. Then Chunli kicked me at bottom right pelvis.. *pain*

Both kids are mean to mommy today!! *pain*

zmama, do check your company's stand on leaving after maternity leave cos according to MOM's regulations, this is not allowed, likewise, a company is not allowed to terminate an employee immediately after her maternity leave.

RE: Myths

Another one I heard from my colleague.. Applies to mom with more than 1 child. If the cowlick of the child preceding current pregnancy, is in the middle of his/her head, this baby will be same gender as that child.

Chan P L, i love fresh milk but tummy cannot take it.. =(

zmama, me!! i most prob quitting after ML bah.. Coz no 1 to help me look after baby when I am at work.. And even if i asked my mum to help me look after, after work, i still need to bring baby back and look after the baby.. Then at night still need to wake up for feeding.. Next day very hard to concentrate at work de.. So bo bian lor.. Need to save all the money I can and not anyhow spend from now on..

Ling, my hubby also dun allow me to be SAHM permanently.. I planning to come back work force after ard 2 years unless I preg again.. I still prefer (and hubby too) that I can earn my own money and do things i want..

Krist, haha!! everyone wanna strike toto!! u buy toto often?? me n hubby dun buy toto or 4d de.. so we have to be very jiao ta shi di..

Chan P L, perm part-time?? like what?? i also thinking of doing it when baby ard 1 yr but what can we do?

KK, my friend's kid also kicked my friend when knows she is preg!! i think its because kid is jealous and scared mummy wun dote on them that much and want more attention??

huh??? we cannot leave after maternity leave???

wow.. so many myths.. was just talking to friends abt it last night.. but comparing the myths with my different friends.. dun tally leh!!! lolx!!!

jacqueline, i'm planning to work from home on my online business. since that doesn't require my full attention the entire day, i can still look after baby at the same time. income of course will be less stable than having full-time job, but at least i'm doing smthing i enjoy & can watch baby grow up

kk, thanks for your advice.. i checked MOM's website. it only says that we can't use maternity leave to offset notice period. we can tender after ML, it's up to the company to decide if they want u to serve notice period. i'm just wondering how to tender after ML, feel v paiseh ;P

zmama, ok lah,. at least u still have income even if you quit ur job!! lolx.. i will go back work for 1 week or so... den tender!!! because its also usually the period ppl will job hop after taking bonus also.. hehez!!!

Decmum: my condition kindof stablenow as lesser ms but still have moody period, yesterdsy i was in ine of the moddy/ depress mood juz because of a silly dream n after talking to my hubby when he finish work better liao but i am sleepy 3/4 of the day n i still didnt manage to go work yet this kind of stress n worry me, i am afraid i mnlike this throughout my pregnancy....

Kk: the hubby dun wan the test partly he thinks he not so suay n wanna ease his wife mood also but present in wrong way ba

Regarding abt mummy looking tired n untidy = gal hope its true haha i an untidy n very tired this pregnancy!

When i had my boy i can still go out walk walk n was quite tidy n face pimples suddenly disappea n become smooth

But this preganancy face so oily n pimples pop alot haizzzx

Back