(2011/10) Oct 2011

Regarding bb room:

in the midst of room makeover from my existing entertainment room to nursery room. Will put baby cot and changing table in nursery room where baby and CL sleep.

As my living hall is downstairs, will put a playpen and rocker downstairs in the living hall so that baby can breathe fresh air during daytime. Sides of playpen can put stuff like diapers, wetwipes, cream etc so I dun need to keep going up and down. Baby only sleep in aircon room with CL at night in the

nursery room.

As for bathing:

definitely will leave to CL or mum to bathe for the first month since we are to minimise touching water during confinement. So putting baby tub on the floor of toilet shd not be a problem. Bathe in the morning after the first poo, whether to bathe again at night depending on whether weather is hot, otherwise just wipe with warm water in the room.

So excited with the transformation of my baby room as me, my hubby & in-laws come tog to makeover for the room. But all the shopping, organising, cleaning are making my back heels and lower back so painful. Hv been crawling into bed with tears, but seeing the room transformation is rewarding. Makes me look forwarding to taking care of baby! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gilera:

I know some mummies need not hv to pay deposit for gynae's fee beforehand, I think it depends on gynae's practice.

As for admission deposit and medisave claimable, it also depends on the type of ward, and procedure you choose. The amount of admission deposit ($1,900) and medisave claimable ($2,100) I stated is for TMC single bedded, normal delivery with epidural. Best for you to call your hospital and find out more. ;)

gilera > cotton pad also can but I prefer cotton balls becoz thicker.

Anyone having low or no appetite? I'm facing that now no appetite at all and worse still no craving for certain food.. Now when I see food, feels bored..

Karen Yeo - i also chose single bed with TMC and ideal birth is normal delivery with epidural.

will talk to gynae during next visit.

hows everyone this week ? finally its Friday. number of weeks till delivery is counting down....

next week onwards - left 9 weeks OMGosh....

heard that after delivery will bleed for 6 weeks.

natural and C sec also will bleed for 6 weeks?

heavy flow menses pad good enough ???

or need to get maternity pads (also called maternity towels)

can someone describe KOTEX maternity loop pads?

it doesnt stick on undies , must still wear undies?

gilera, yeah i'm counting down. 10 weeks! time flies... yes this bleeding is called lochia and it's going to be worse than menses. mine last time lasted for about 8 weeks i think. you need the maternity pads. heavy flow menses pad might not be good enough. there is a belt where the pad can be attached as it can't stick to undies.

Hi Mummies to be,

For centuries, herbalists recommend pregnant ladies to take organic raspberry tea in their very late stage of pregnancy to prepare their bodies to prepare for childbirth as it tones the uterine muscle preparing it for the intense contraction during childbirth. Stronger womb muscles will cause contraction to come faster and in turn reduce labour time significantly. It is also recommended to continue taking this tea after childbirth as it helps to purge any remaining lochia and helps to reduce the womb size to pre-pregnancy stage.

For those planning to take raspberry tea to prepare for easier childbirth or after to purge lochia can consider getting from http://babydustshop.blogspot.com so far they are the cheapest I have come across just want to share the link!

Enjoy Motherhood! =)

Hi gilera,

Kotex does have adhesive maternity pads. You should be able to find them easily at supermarkets.

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=90001&productId=263489&langId=-1&categoryId=14056&parent_category_rn=14056&top_category=14056

I found it useful during the first week of my first child birth as my episiotomy (the cut between vaginal and anus) was very long (natural + eipdural). I controlled myself not to take too much pain killers as I was fully breastfeeding so the thickness of the pad helped to provide some padding support so that I will not feel the pain from the wound whenever I sit or lie down.

Once the wound is better, I switch to use back those super long nite pads from brands like Sofy or Laurier. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Combi Products - For mummies who are eyeing on combi products (Strollers / high-low chairs). Do wait for Isetan Private Sale. So far, they are the only place that I have noticed to have given discounts of at least 15% for combi products during their private sales.

BB / mummy stuff shopping - I don't think Taka bb fair gives very good discounts. Based on experience, I always wait for Isetan Private Sales, Tangs 12% cash rebate for citibank credit cards private sales and Robinsons Member sales to buy the necessary stuff.

SWIM

gynae also asked me swin to relieve groin pain, but not that effective as i though it would be.. its teh worst when changin sides in bed and when getting out of bed. like after a whole night its stiffened or something, then need to take a few steps for it to get back in track. still hurts then though...

Breatfeeding venue

wondering where to BF and the items to prepare for it... when mais comes need to wear bra at home... hai...no more privacy!

HUGGIES NB

bought huggies NB at taka fair, $7 for 24 pcs pack. lady said 24pcs will be gone in 3 days.

how long will BB outgrow NB size. on the packet it states NB till 4kg. lady said after 2 weeks, some BB grow so fast need use S size liao.

Hi mummies. I am new in this forum. I am due for delivery in oct 03 n is my 2nd one. Just went for checkup ystd and doc ask me to choose a date for c-sec. I wanted to try natural birth this time as my 1st one was c-sec as BB was too big. But since this preg BB weight was doing fine m thinking of natural birth as I have not experience the process before but was turned down by doc. He mention there is a risk that the wound may tear n BB might not survive. Anyone has similar experience of c-sec for 1st birth but natural on 2nd?

most doc jsut stick to c sec from the exp i heard from mummies whom wanted to try natuaral for #2.

are they just playing it safe.

gilera, the loop one only use in hospital cos first night/day, the nurse will change for u and u wont be wearing any underwear one.. loop easier for them to tie

once u are mobile then u can use adhesive kotex maternity or any brands u like

gilera

for NB pampers. don't need too much. it depend on bb weight. If big baby, maybe can buy S size straight away after finish the hospital NB pack.

as you mention, is up to 4kg. S size pampers is cheaper than NB.

gilera: me have not buy any diapers yet as I do not know whether baby is comfortable with the brand or not, and plus I do not know baby's size .. as advised by my friends, ask hubby to buy after delivery =p baby use diapers like nobody's business and they grow very fast .. no need to stock up diapers now ..

Jesslyn

Same like u my #1 is emerg c sec now #2 gynae ask me c sec but I still considering. Last time I heard within 2 yrs dun preg so that can go natural. NOw #1 and #2 difference 3yrs gynae still ask me c sec. I still can't accept. I heard of ppl #1 c sec but her no 2 - 4th kids natural. I still heard 1 more today her #1 c sec cos early birth 7+mths plus dun open but her #2 natural, difference between 1st n 2nd not even 2yrs.

Jasmine, jeslyn:

If I nvr rmbr wrongly, one of the mummies did mention before that some gynae just love to tell pple go c-sect cos maybe can earn more $? But if this is the same gynae u hv been with since #1 & you trust the gynae's professionalism, then maybe u can ask him/her for their justification for C-sect lo, and see can have any possible chances for natural birth?

Jasmine/Jesslyn > me having the same problem hoping thus time can be natural. My first one was emergency c-sect and the gap is 2yrs. Will check with gynae on the next check up, hopefully ge can let me try natural.

Gilera > for pad I'll be getting those stick ones from mothercare, not really used to using the loop type. But after

delivery hospital will use the loop type. Will be bringing some pads to the hospital also so when discharge can use.

Pampers I'll be using mamy poko brand but will wait till the baby is born before getting more.

Jasmine/Jesslyn/Esther, same problem here too my #1 was born via a last minute planned c-section in 2009 though i was so hoping for a natural birth. now that #2 is on the way, during the very 1st gynae visit, i told him i wanna try for a VBAC (vagina birth after caesarean). he said yes i can try since it's been about 2 years since my last c-section. he then gave me a newspaper article heading: "You got to plan for a VBAC".

i've been reading widely about my VBAC options and noted that to achieve a successful VBAC, (1) i need to have a spontaneous labour between 37-40 weeks. Inducing labour when bb isn't ready would increase the risk of uterine rupture (which is what most gynaes are afraid of). (2) the c-section cut should be horizontal, slightly above the pubic area. (3) The longer the age gap between bbs, the higher the chance of VBAC. (4) It's recommended to have no more than 1 prior c-section before attempting a VBAC.

based on the above, i think i achieved (2)-(4) but (1) looks unlikely to be achieved. Furthermore, i got the GD again so i can't prolong this preg more than 40 weeks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] if #2 disengaged himself from my pelvis just like #1 at 39 weeks, i'm prepared for a c-section again. *Crossing fingers now for #2 to help me achieve my desired birth*

Hey mummies... what to prepare for admission to hospital?

i see in the checklist from hospital like pajamas etc. Doesn't the hospital provide sleepwear?

Hi mummies,

1. Does anyone do brazillian waxing? How far into pregnancy can you still do waxing? Do u wax just before edd?

2. When will gynae discuss with u on c sec or natural birth? Epi or no Epi?

Does epi has side effects? I've been trying to search online and it seems that there are barely (if any) side effects from Epi. Wat does your gynae say?

3. Is it common for 1st time mummies to give birth early?

Hey sweetsnow my replies below base on my experience for my #1

1. I wax b4 edd

2. My gynae already told me I will b going for natural during last visit I'm now in my week 26. As for epi I've no experience as I did not use epi for my last birth. But read tat if use too much will b shiverish and vomit after tat

3. For #1, my waterbag burst 2 days b4 edd. I think it depends on individual some give birth later than edd some earlier

Hope it helps! =D

Do u let ur maid close door when sleep?

Def a no if bb in same room but meanwhile leh?

Should we also expect maid to wake when we attend to bb?

Gil, hmm... Mayb my pain tolerance is high bah... In my mind totally didn't think of epi at the end the final stage juz use laughing gas n push all the way n breathing techniques... Hope to do the same for #2!!!

Me lazy mummy... Haven't sort out the clothings n cabinet arrangement n the bed arrangement for #1 n coming #2... N i haven't pack hospital bag too lol.....seems like majority mummies have done alot of stuffs Liao...

sweetsnow, nice to see u here! i am fave.. u wana join our facebook?

i did BW for #1.. I did it quite early, maybe ard 32 or 34 weeks and I popped at 40th week... the regrowth takes ard 4-6 weeks, so ah, ended up i still gotta be shaved for those tiny weeny hairs..

Best time to do is 1-2 weeks before u pop... but i dont recommend BW, cos it is really really really very painful.. this time round, i rather shave.. but then, waxing really feels cleaner....

there is another kind called spinal block other than epidural..

my side effects from epidural is shivering after birth.. think some mummies vomitted too

genesis, u very brave.. that time my contractions hit scale of 70 upon 100, i already cannot take it... and this time round, i cant even move when i got stomachache.. think my intestines are everywhere, when stomachache, i feel as if its contractions...

sweetsnow > I didnt do waxing but juz shave.

When I delivered my first one I had epi after the operation was very drowsy, vomitted 3 times and also shivering as well.

I delivered my first one 5 days b4 EDD, so I think it really depends.

Honeypot is good but strip has more outlets fir my convinience so will just ensure they know how to do for preggies

so uncomfortable at work now. The side of my back is annoying aching n can't get a comfortable position while working on computer

Anyone hv remedy? Can paste muscle pain : panaflex or herbal strips?

gilera (gilera)

I sleep better on my back. sleeping on my side I have the kicking feeling. like someone knocking on the door feeling. Not both side, but can happen to both side

esther

same as you my first one delivered 5 days before EDD. I took epi wanted to vomit but in the end never but keep shivering.

maybe BB not pressing ion our nerves when we lie on our back liao. earlier was like we will be gasping for breath.

now lie on backs better and clam, when lie on sides, BB super kicking and tickling everywhere.... like struming our veins.

will spinal block have less side effect then epi ' s vomitting and shivering?

how long does the epi ' s vomitting and shivering last?

I agreed, These days easier and better to sleep on our back. No more breathless..Sleeping on the sides makes my body achy sometimes..

Delivery date:

Mine was 8 days before EDD

Epidural

No shivers or nausea for me. Felt perfectly fine. I only felt nausea during contractions BEFORE the epidural and vomited. I read that many women shiver or shake after delivery and this is quite normal, so it has nothing to do with epidural.

gilera: apply hot pad if you really want .. do not use those painkiller plaster - the medication in the plaster will go into the blood stream and it will absorb by baby ..

re: sleeping position

it is more comfy to sleep on my back than on my sides nowadays, but will have slight backache if prolonged sleeping on my back ..

i saw baby binders at kiddy palace the other day. any idea what r we supposed to do with the baby binders? is it to secure cloth diapers instead of safety pin?

Esther: u can shave ah? Can see beyond ur tummy meh?

Roxanne: Hi! Surprisingly I did bw at 27wks ok leh, not v pain. Just that dunno if it's better to consult gynae how near edd is ok to wax.

I've not heard of spinal block. I just attended my antenatal class Oso Neva mention this option. Think I'll go goggle it later.

Do you all discuss in the secret fb acc? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, I very mountain tortoise when it comes to waxing or shaving down there... Hv nvr tried both before, only trim. Is it a must to clear our hair before delivery? The only time down there was completely clear was last year when I had ectopic pregnancy and had to do a surgery. Pls advise...

Now come of it, my gynae is a male leh...gonna b so paisay to expose myself during delivery

Hello mummies.

4 more days to weekend. Finally recovered fr my asthma n bad cough. After 12 bottles of cough mixture. It's really terrible. I detest those pple who cough in the mrt without closing their mouths. Very unhygienic!

Have been trying to shop for all the things but progress is slow. Hospital bag also not packed yet. Sigh.

Wanted to see some advice on beansprout pillow. Is it a must? I went to kiddypalAce n saw they sell it for nearly $30! is there a cheaper alternative?

Thanks

Jasmine > my vomit just came out like that, was so lucky that I only had fish soup bee hoon and not curry if not can't imagine how messy it'll be.. After that only took a few sip of Milo, nurse did not dare to give me any food.

sweetsnow > mian qiang still can see abit the rest juz base on agar agar..

pofy > I'm getting for my baby so he can have something to hug or hold when slping. I'm getting those with names sewn on it.

pofy (pofy)

I agree with you. Last week a lady sitting across the train at those two seater was coughing so badly, she read papers and cover the mouth with the papers and then read again. Her cough was non-stop. I jus wonder why she didnt take tissue to cover her mouth and instead use tissue to clear her nose only. But use Today to cover her mouth! I was jus sitting across and thinking is ok, but eventually i got the cough again and had to see GP last Sat!

Hi pofy

I just bought a beansprout pillow from Spring at $13.90 but I have a offer from some voucher. Orginial price is $16.90 I think but simple pink or blue strips design. My #1 used his for a few months when he sleeps but he wasn't really very attached to it.

Back