(2011/07) July 2011

Jas > Oh I was thinking of bringing one extra pack of diapers and pads (since I have so many anyway!) rather than have the hospital open one extra pack for me (and charge me?). So Mt E provides Pampers, not Huggies is it?

Must bring toiletries also right? What does hospital provide? I was thinking of also bringing the nipple cream etc so can start applying...

Feimei > how come you bringing so many pairs of mittens/ booties?? Handkerchief for yourself or your girl?

Janice > Maternity pads supposed to be thicker and longer than normal pads...apparently the lochia is very gross after you deliver, have to keep on changing and changing the pad...

Don't forget camera too! But that is more the hubby's job [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh and slippers to walk around? And going home outfit for yourself? Do we need to bring our own sweater--I saw that in some online checklists? And some also say bring your own socks for delivery, need or not??

Feimei

Still haven't decided whether 1st July or 4th July. Haha...

Coopie

Oh the last 2 times when I deliver there, their diapers is pampers, not sure abt now.

And they do provide toiletries pack and disposable panty (rubberized, very elastic sort) so no pressure on any wound.

For me, cos is csec, they wear socks for me in the operating theatre, not sure abt natural whether they provide socks.

Ok thanks jas, think will just bring pair of socks in case, I don't take the cold very well.

1 or 4 July-- if you want fewer visitors, 4 July better. 1 July is Friday so lots of people will be free to come over weekend haha.

oh ic,then i hv to get those pads. but i never seen one. where can i get them?? ntuc or watson?

you mean they will charge you if using the hospital diapers?? how many pieces to bring is enough? i mean to pack into our hospital bag?

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb, I have some brand new or lightly used items to let go, see if u would like to take over.

1. Klorane Dry Shampoo (50g), lightly used

*Original Price at Guardians - SGD 14.90

2. Lemongrass Shower Gel, lightly used

*Original Price from SMH BP - SGD 19.55

3. Brand new box of Philips Avent Silicone Pacifiers to let go.

*Suitable for babies 0-3 months.

*The box comes with 2 pacifiers.

*Original Retail Price ~ SGD 15 to 16

4. Brand new Bravado Essential Nursing tank to let go.

*Colour: White

*Size: 34B/C

*Original Retail Price: ~ SGD 70

*For more details on the nursing tank,

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-essential-nursing-tank

Interested parties PM me for prices and details. Thanks !

Just to share:

1) Maternity pad: Gleneagles provided one packet but not enough for me the next morning (although mine was c-section, natural have more discharge). The nurse went to get another two pads from dunno where without charging to my bill and asked me to call my husband to bring over.

2) Disposable panties: I bought Watsons female size L during #1 (I was size M) but when packing hospital bag, I thought the panties looked too small then. True enough, I couldn't fit in! Bum too big! Quickly went to search high and low for men's size XL!

3) Baby diapers: No need to bring. New borns dun pee that much since they dun drink much in the first few days. The one pack supplied by hospital is sufficient and still had leftovers to bring home.

coopie> hahahhaa....i kiasu leh...i scare bb dirty it then need to change lol....soo bring more for her...hankerchief is for her leh...not mine...hahahahaa..for me...other than toiletries...nothing for me lol....will it be cold??? i prefer cold than hot...i will be wearing the same as what i wear in lol....dun wan bring unneccessary things leh...

jas> go for 4th jul!!! my rom anni...also independent day!!! Yeahhhh~~~

janice> the maternity pad can find at ntuc....

coopie > Ya..

Disposable undies, I got the maternity ones from JL. Cotton type, think can wash and wear 2nd time..

Hmm.. the pads, was advised to bring some of our own in case we don't like/not used to the loop ones provided..

what's the ru yi oil for??

Janice > Watsons doesnt sell maternity pads, try supermarkets? I bought my Pureen and Kotex maternity pads from Giant. Disposable undies cos apparently there will be ALOT of blood and you don't want your cloth panties to get stained, have to wash, very gross...

Ok thanks all, I will bring extra maternity pads and disposable undies but no babies' diapers then.

Feimei > so your baby will wear the hospital clothes while in hospital but your own mittens and booties is it? Hospital doesnt provide, or cos you wanna use your own?

Oh I also bought Kao Biore body powder wipes to wipe my body in case I am too tired to bathe the first day...

wow coopie...u bot so many brand de...

my mum had help me to buy the pad...is overnight pad with wing (i prefer with wing)...

gals...think our own family side is the best...all my family so anticipating for my boy arrival...my mum offer to wash bb clothes ect, bro offer to set up bb playpen, dad had instructed my mum to cook what foods for me during confinement, my sis will buy clothes for bb whether she see nice 1...m so "gan dong"

sunshine > haha i also dunno how come i ended up with so many pads also, cos i couldn't decide so ended up buying each time i saw a different brand!!! that's why i wanna bring my own pads to hospital and start using, rather than use theirs haha.

oh your family so nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya feimei i also scare.. so my hubby says dun buy.. but kor kor's toys all handing down to mei mei leh.. so nothin v fair..

Sunshine bb wat time ur apptm this time round my apptm early i set it at 220pm :p will i c u?

Wah seems like most of u have prepare ur hospital bags hahah.. Oh ya i wanna check with u all during the whole confinement u all will be wearing disposable undies?? Or just the 1st few days??

I tink at hospital, baby dun wear booties n mittens leh.. I dun recall Zach wore.. he onie wore when we were discharged. during the hospital stay, he wore hospital gown for baby..haha. very cute de..

during discharge, u can choose to wear hospital clothes but with their name n logo which I din want. So i went n bought a gap pyjamas set for him. Now #2, i din even bother leh..so bad rite?

Janice> Just like what coopie said, it's very troublesome to wash the panties if they get stained, so better to wear disposable ones in hospital. You still need to wear panties to stick your sanitary pads lah.

I also worn disposable panties during confinement since my husband was my confinement "lady". I wouldn't want to see him washing my panties, stained or not stained. haha

He's going to be my confinement lady again and some aunties downstairs reminded me to give him an ang pow. I told them I'll put 20 cents in the ang pow for him. ;P

coopie> i dunnu hospital will provide anot leh??? i thot they just swaddle them....no wear mitten/bootie de??? hahahahaa...becos every hospital i went...all bb r swaddled...dunnu they wear mitten/bootie anot leh... =P my frenx asked me to bring de...

xinyue> ru yi U ahhh....the v nice smell one lol....kekekeke...i bring just in case bahhh...

marico> i shld be popping in Jun leh...that's y packed liao lol...DH oso nagging...how come haven pack....haven pack.... -,-" so last wkend...one shot pack all lol...

feimei> Gleneagles didn't provide mittens. My #1 was swaddled up but he'll wriggle his both hands out of the swaddle and scratched his face. (yah, can see blood on his tender skin) I had to let him put on the mittens meant to let him wear when discharged.

I guess it depends on the babies cos #1 doesn't like to be swaddle up since birth and even now, cannot even cover him with blanket.

lucky3+1: So cute ur husband aka ur confinement manny LOL!! Im thinking if i should buy and then no need to stain on my undies coz i think difficult to wash off..

feimei: Wah i envy so much.. So many of u either end june or starting of jul.. Mine still long way to go 17 jul!!!! Somemore is estimate one if delay then good game got to wait longer.. I hope can unload asap!! hahahaa.. My legs are getting aches le =(

maternity pads-

-comparing C-section and Natural delivery, which one needs to use more???

-Can buy those overnite with wings, good enough.

-when i was at Mt A last time, immed after delivery (natural), they put on 2 maternity pads(1 on top of the other), no wings so no good. I think will stain.

-What i did was wear 2 disposable panties cos they were not very firm. so rem to bring more.

Yah, hospital will provide quite a big bag, i thk 24 pcs, while bb stay in hospital, they would use that, plus 1 standard pack of wet wipes.

ic. how to identify maternity pads?? they will put maternity on e pads?? i hv never seen it before..ok i go ntuc to find. can some1 pls advise me on this? how to identify one??

for disposable panties, they are very paper-like n it looks like can tear easily. where to find those you gals mentioned?? where to buy e suitable ones?? my hubby will be my confinement 'lady' too. i cant possibly be asking my mil to wash e panty for me lor. wat a headache!

marico> me too..cant wait to unload ASAP. alot of problems emerging during my last trimester. terrible backache, pee alot more at nite, legs aching, and breathless easily. my EDD is actually 19 July. but i tot we can and most likely unload at week 38???

Jan-ice: I dun noe some ppl say 1st baby will be early but my best friend early by one day onli for her 1st baby.. So i think it depends on individual.. Oh and hear one story she gib birth onli at 41 weeks (a friend friend).. Wah our edd so near leh!! hahaha.. Maybe by next month onli left we 2 chating here all mummies busy with there baby le.. hahaha..

hi, i am selling gifts from friends that do not fit my baby. mostly brand new including baby gap dress, camper baby shoes, oshkosh romper etc. & some pre-loved. pls PM me if interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109321966445626054039/Bouncingbean?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-2ubakmqDuRQ#

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583097.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583098.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583099.jpg]

marico> hehee...i tot some of them their edd also close to ours. i m experiencing alot of movement from my bb now. is it same for you?? sometimes throughout e whole nite.

where will you be delivering?? mine is at TMC.

mario...u not alone...me EDD 21 jul...asked my gyne during last visit..if i shld apply ML 2weeks b4...he said natural hv to depend some work till 39wk and he asked me to bring my hospital bag together with me everyday...so if the "show" start can go hospital immed.

Janice > it will state maternity pads on the cover so you will know. can try Kotex or Pureen?

I bought cotton disposable undies from Cheong Choon at Chinatown, but think someone said John Little also sells? I think I also saw at Spring Maternity. The quality of the cotton undies is really not bad, doesn't really feel like disposable at all. I bought a few packs and will wear as long as I can, so don't have to get maid to wash my stained undies, pai sei....

Jan-ice: Is it, coz i see most like edd start of jul so i feel so sianz coz mine like far away!! hahaha.. Ya mi too alot of movement at times is painful, sometimes my baby can go all the way to hit the sides too.. At times can do 2 combo one left one right LOL.. Im delivering in Mount A, as i copy my friend LOL.. Even gynae also took the same as her..

sunshinebb: Woot u also near to our edd!! Good!! haahah.. If not i will be bored.. hahaha.. Bring everyday will be heavy.. I will apply on 15 July for my ML, coz i dun wan to wait at home.. No one around veri boring.. hahaha.. My thinking is once i got show, waterbag burst or contraction earlier then my edd then i take can head to hospital or home (depend on situation).. If go hospital then ask hubby to bring the bag.. If still feeling okie then go home bath 1st then head to hospital..

From what I see on the other threads, the mothers who have just given birth are super active on the forum cos they are up at all times of the day/ night breastfeeding! So there will be plenty of people to talk to haha.

marico...my boy too...this 2day doing all kind of movement..can go all the way to hit the sides, do 2 combo one left one right 2...haha super painful

Marico > I think some of them bought the paper disposable type from Watsons and other places. I bought the cotton type--it will say cotton on the packaging so don't worry about getting it wrong [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think I bought at $3.50 for a pack of 5 from Cheong Choon if not wrong--sorry can't really remember as I bought alot of other things there as well... The disposable type will be cheaper but I am worried they will tear, so decided to buy the cotton ones.

coopie

i'm like you, stocked up lots of pads.

when i see got sale, will buy.

end up soooooooo many packs in the cupboard.

keke........

feimei

i'll also be wearing out what i wear in, cos it wun be dirty mah, and to minimise what we have to bring. will also be wearing sandals that i can walk around the hosp, so no need to bring another pair of slippers.

coopie/feimei

i know 4th july good, but 1st july is "chu yi" (1st day lunar calendar) so supposedly also good date. that's why until now still can't decide lor...

sunshinebb: hahah ur boy also arh hahaha.. I really wonder what is my baby doing inside that make the feeling of 2 combo! LOL.. But everytime scan she will not do it.. LOL maybe she noe we peeing her.. whahah

Coopie: Ya i think cotton one is better for mi too.. Coz i try paper de before and it stuck on my pi gu (backside) so i will pull it back to the side but end up the rubber loose!! LOL.. Maybe i too rough whahaha..

Hi Mummies,

I'm a July 2011 mummy and I'm new here... Just wondering if anyone out there just like me.. hehhe

Was already thinking of purchasing Malunggay Tea to stand by. Heard that it helps to increase breastmilk.

Anyone interested to buy Malunggay Tea??? I'm ordering in bulk and I can get it cheaper ($12/box - 20 tea bags per box. But must let me know lastest by 2359hrs tonight. =D

Let's all have a successful breastfeeding!!!!

Cheers to all of us mummies!!!!

PM me at [email protected] (Subject : MALUNGGAY TEA)

coopie> thanks alot for ur kind info!! chinatown abit inconvenient for me, so maybe i will try to search from john little or spring maternity or watson.

marico> yeah yeah so painful at times. dun know wat is she doing inside, i always say 'earthquake'! hehee...

sunshinebb> ur mum doing confinement for you?? u also not hiring CL. btw how much red packet u plan to give to ur mum??

Hi mummies, I have a medela freestyle pump for sale. It is a local set, still under warranty. It comes with its original packaging, with necessary items included. It is in very good condition as I had only used it for 1.5 mths due to low supply. I have not used the lithium ion battery as i only used the power cord. I will throw in FOC Pigeon breast pads, milkbags as well. Interested parties, pls sms Jas @ 96358398. Self collection @ Pioneer MRT station.

Dear mummies, Sorry to interrupt.

I am from Feb 2011 thread & have the followings to let go:

************* SLEEPY WRAP | AVENT BOTTLES | AVENT SEALING DISCS | NUK TEATS | NUK TEAT SPONGE **************

1) *Brand New* Sleepy Wrap -- $70

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389275&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

2) *Brand New* Avent Feeding Bottle 0 month+ 2 x 4oz/125ml & 6 x Sealing Discs -- $20

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795523478&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

3) *Brand New* NUK Class Anti-Colic Teat, size 1, S (thin liquids) -- 3 for $5

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389277&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

4) *Brand New* NUK Premium Choice Anti-Colic Wide Neck Teat, size 1, S -- $6/pair, $10/2 pairs

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389279&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

5) *Brand New* NUK Teat cleaning sponge -- 1 for $4, 2 for $7.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389278&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

**************** HOTELS DINING VOUCHERS ****************

1. 50% off voucher at Brios' (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 4 to 8 people for lunch from Mon to Sat, or dinner from Sun to Thu. Valid Till 30th June - $40.00

2. 50% off Main course @ Pontini (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 4 people for lunch or dinner from Mon to Wed. Valid Till 30th June - $40.00

3. 50% off a la carte meal order @ Grand Shanghai (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 4 people for lunch or dinner from Tue to Sun (Except for Sat). Valid Till 30th June - $40.00

4. 50% off a la carte meal order @ Grand Shanghai (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 6 - 12 people for dinner from Tue to Sun. Valid Till 30th June - $60.00

5. 50% off Buffet @ Princess Terrace (Corpthorne King's). Valid for a dining party of 6 to 8 people for lunch or dinner from Mon to Thu. Valid till 30th June - $50.00

6. 50% off a la carte meal order @ Tien Court (Corpthorne King's). Valid for a dining party of 6 - 8 people for lunch or dinner from Mon to Thu. Valid Till 30th June - $30.00

7. $100.00 dining voucher @ Tien Court (Corpthorne King's). Minimum spending of $400.00. Valid Till 30th June - $50.00

8. Complimentary Juf of Beer and one dozen Satay @ Connections (Corpthorne King's). minimum part of 6 people. Valid till 30th June - $10.00

9. Waiver of cover charge for 2 people @ TOPPS ( Corpthorne Orchid). Valid from Sun to Thu - $10.00

10. Complimentary First House pour wine or beer for two people @ Limelight (Corpthorne Orchid). Valid from Mon to Sat. Valid till 30th June - $10.00

11. Complimentary First House pour for four people @ J Bar (M hotel). Valid from Mon to Sat. Valid till 30th June - $15.00

12. Complimentary Bottle of House Wine with A La Carte Meal Order @ Hua Ting Restaurant (Orchard Hotel). Valid for a minimum dining party of 4 people. Valid till 30th June - $20.00

13. Complimentary Combo Snack Platter @ Bar Intermezzo (Orchard Hotel). Valid for a min. party of 4 people. Valid till 30th June - $10.00.

* Self collection at Choa Chu Kang Street 62.

* Keen or any enquiry, please PM me.

Those disposable undies have the paper feeling.. And when we perspire.. It will stick to our butt.. Dun really like this paper type.. I bought from watson those cotton disposable type one..

Janice

Hmm, think you should join us on fb. Coz most mummies don't chat here anymore. You'll miss out alot on the latest news. Another mummy already gave birth yesterdaY

Back