(2011/07) July 2011

marico...hmm actually diff gynae have diff defination of small/big but probably by 34wks at 1.77 could be a little small. you can refer to the guide here. http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

maybe you want to increase your milk intake? did doc asked you to eat more other than giving you the jab? i know someone whose bb weight was 2.2kg at birth (36wks) and now her child is growing very well. so dun worry too much.

I did drink milk at times but sometimes will skip dun really like it.. wah from the chart my baby should be at least 2.1kg is really too far behind.. I think i better drink milk daily although i dun like it..

He didnt gib jab but just given mi the medolin medicine.. hope can help baby to grow bigger too.. Oh really arh then i more relieve.. Thanks ST.

feimei > I am the opposite. the coconut is too 'liang' for me. One coconut, took me 2 days plus need parents to help me finish..

My body cant take the 'liang-ness' of the coconut.. >.<

Hmm.. So far, I am the gan-chiong one. Always (since wk 32) asking gynae about position of baby, where is the head, methods of delivery.. He told me will only discuss that after my CTG test..

ST> no la...bird nest will cos phlem not coconut...

coopie> mus take chick essense leh...cos my frenx said will giv u the strenght to push ahhh...i Never ever take chick essence in my life but i bot Eu Yan Shan one, which is more clear in color (Brands one, very black n the smell v strong, i will puke).....i will start drinking next wk bahhh...

xinyue> once coconut open, mus finish on the same day leh....in fact within few hrs...cannot re-take the next day...not good ahhh....maybe u drink a few mouth, pass to hubby to finish it lol....

maelyn> my MIL bot fr bugis those dried stores above the hawker ctr....becos they wholesale mah...not sure those Hock Hwa selling how much...

marico> eat durian bahhh....

marico> durian can do magic to ur bb size n oso got protein....but dun over-dose lah....agar ur limit....becos durians r Sweet too!!!

haha feimei...sorry i mixed up....

anyway so u all still con't to drink chicken essence ah? mine is brewed from the real chicken so can con't to drink or not huh? scared too much for bb...

marico> try for once a wk n c how it goes on ur next chkup lol...

ST> i haven started on chicken essence yet....i hv to build up my courage to drink...hahahahaa....never touch before becos i hate the smell....i brew once from real chicken, that type i dare to drink...becos it's clear soup mah...but very time consuming...soo give up....maybe will start to drink next wk bahhh....brew fr real chicken is very good...once a wk is good enuff lol...if u gg to pop liao, drink two bottles before gg to hospital or bring two bottles along w u....drink before u go in to push...it will give u strenght to push....this is proven by my frenx n alot of mummies!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

marico> u can also try eating more of e carbohydrates food if u r not. eg. potatoes, bread. my bb weighs 2.1kg at week 33 although my hubby n me r not e tall tall big big type. i think i eat and sleep too well coz i m not working. is it coz e food intake all goes to u instead of ur bb? some r like tat.

feimei/ST> to me, chicken essence is like chicken oil. so i dun really touch them. is it true?

xinyue/feimei/ST> my mum n hubby dun allow me to drink coconut, saying too 'liang'. so far i only ate chendol (got coconut) and drink 1 can of coconut juice (from ntuc - but taste not good). i plan to drink e actual coconut during my last week b4 delivery

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt, I have some extra original Sophie the Giraffe teether toys to let go, please email me:

[email protected]

It's S$28 each and normal local postage is included. Great as baby shower gifts!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5564145.jpg]

janice > ya, coconut is very liang.. My parents do not really like the idea of me drinking coconut. Since my body can't take it also, thus I stopped after one coconut. Also tried those canned ones from supermarket, but heard no effect and too sweet for my taste..

feimei > Lol..

xinyue> oh ...i guess those canned ones really not effective n yeah, it tastes so sweet. i plan to drink it during my very last week. one of my gfs told me to drink 1 coconut per day during my last week, its beneficient for fast n smooth delivery. u can try tat too. for 'faster' delivery?? hehee..

the coconuts very low stock now, duno cos of the weather or season.

my PIL buy at TPY market for $3!

Expensive nia...

I just bought a canned one, in case no stock, still can drk something.

feimei: Okie i try it out hahaah..

Oh drink chicken essence can gib strength in pushing arh but the taste like soya sauce hard to accept hahah..

Jan-ice: Ya i got eat carbo food my fav is rice but then seems that the weight gain onli goes to mi not my baby =(.. I have gain a total of 13kgs i dun understand why baby didnt get it so weird..

Wah u all start coconut le arh i still haven, i better start this few days.. hahah..

kimifin> oh really...i better stock up some if i happen to see them from ntuc.

xinyue> yeah super 'liang'..tats why i plan to drink it only e very last week. so for now i wont go drink it.

marico> oh ic. like wat other mummies said, durian n milk is good. i heard from my gf tat eating durians will make e bb's complexion very beautiful. not sure whether its true but i hv alriz stop eating coz my bb is too big. heheee

Jan-ice: wah durians sounds like got many benefit.. hee hee.. good!!

Oh ya kiddy palace got discount now i think is abt 20%.. Heard from my friend Mothercare also got discount but unsure of how much %..

janice> chicken essence is the oil of chicken but it doesn't hv the oily feel...i brewed myself before....jus like clear soup nia~~~not oil....

never heard of drinking coconut daily during last wk will faster delivery....coconut drink is not to faster delivery....is to let bb come out cleaner....labour fast or slow is very individual one....cannot compare....

xinyue> if can't take it then drink it at ur own limit lol....dun force urself....

feimei > haha i'm the exact opposite, i LOVE chicken essence, that's why so sad that my mum didn't let me take and i had to take bird's nest instead, which i don't like. ok i will listen to you and start taking from now on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] what i do is microwave a bottle for abt 10 seconds, then drink...shiok! like chicken soup like that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

marico > durians will definitely do the trick, go for it! my baby's weight shot up like mad after i started eating durians frequently...in fact now i am trying to cut down cos scared too heaty...

janice, i think too much durians may make the baby's skin rough (and not smooth) cos too heaty? last night i was craving durians but had to control myself....torture!

may i check if you guys feel that your palm are very hot/warm??

My palm are very warm, cos when I hold my hubby's hands, he says my hands are super hot.

Mothercare: I went last night and bought misc stuff here and there. 15% discount generally + extra 5% for card members, with some brands etc Tommee Tippee at 20% + 5% off. Bought some kiddie CD's at 20% + 5% discount, not bad.

coopie> ya...start drinking bahhh...since u love it...not drink daily, once or twice per wk...the salt lvl wun be any higher bahhh...or if u worry, bot fr Eu Yan Shan...shld be better!!!

mummies....i bot the Giraffe leh....heard that it's good n the price is cheap leh....online selling $39.90...i wanted to buy fr gmarket korea but plus shipment, will cos me $35+...now this lady selling at $28 only plus postage...quick a good deal!!!! already place my order!

having the same problem as yesterday this morning.. giddy and spinning.. went to doc and said that is quite common for preggie when tired.. (call my gynae also say the same).. now doc gave me 2 days mc and some medicine to stop giddiness.. hope enough rest will help.. hate that spinning feeling..

oh man talking about durians..i like also. now Carlton hotel got durian buffet...but i cant eat coz of sugar level...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i also love coconut water...hehe

pipi...my palms very hot now...i always say i got fire palms...it is normal.

Thanks everyone will eat more durian!!! hahaha..

Coopie: Oh discount also not bad in mothercare today can go see see look look.. hahah

want to ask, if we experience any signs of labour, do we ask to be admitted straight to delivery suite or normal ward? If we were to go normal ward, will anyone come once in a while to monitor our situation??

Time spent inside delivery suite will be extra charges on top of maternity package, right?

xinyue> shld go straight to delivery ward ler...no normal ward!!! in the delivery ward, u will be monitored lol....and yes....the charges will be xtra on top of the signed package lol!!!!

oh i didnt know tat. its one of my gfs who has 2 kids (1 gal, 1 boy) told me. maybe eat too much of durian is not too good. e drinking of coconut for faster n smoother delivery is also from her.

chujie> oh no, feeling giddy is really a horrible feeling. you better rest more.

xinyue> i plan to go into e hospital at e very very last min. eg..water bag burst. but if i start to experience signs, i will get myself prepared. wanna cut costs..hehee :p my hubby very funny, he said shall we hv a 'drill' if things happen? so funny. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My friend went in to the delivery ward when she have bleeding not show orh is like mense that kind of bleeding then end up they transfer her out to ward coz she does not have contraction after many hours (9am - 4pm).. And she waited in the ward till 7 plus then she was transfer to delivery ward again n this time round this induce her by 8pm she say contraction come le.. She waited for dilation to 10cm until abt the next day 12noon. End up she was charge extra one day.

feimei> can we go to any of e hospital counter and said ..eg..experience bleed or water bag burst...or i think i m gonna deliver? is it e correct procedures? btw e hospital will inform our respective gynae is it?

Janice>> ya.. horrible feeling.. though I wasn't moving.. still want to hold on to some handle.. lucky this only happen in the morning.. otherwise.. i think i need to take weeks of mc

I tot got show and water burst then should go delivery suite? KKH instruction is like that..

oh..my gynae n nurse didnt say a single thing. imagine i m e 1st timer n yet they didnt give any advises. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] maybe still consider early??

feimei> yeah i know. me gg back to TMC. they alriz booked e bed for me.

any1 gg to TMC too?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i m expecting to be delivered on the 1st week of july coz will be at week 38. heard most 1st timer mummies will deliver ard week 38.

Feimei > thanks, yah think I'll start drinking. Though I just told my mum and got into a mini argument with her over this, cos she is still insisting I shouldn't drink so much salt, argh.

Giraffe toy > I bought it at the Expo baby fair. Heard it's very good for babies, though frankly at first I was wondering what the fuss was about cos it's not very pretty haha.

Hospital check-in > I think better check with your gynae re procedure and when to go etc, so don't panic on day itself. I'm going for a hospital tour this weekend which will show us where to check in etc.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb your thread.

I have some items to let go.

1. Desitin Creamy 4oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $8.50

2. Desitin Creamy 2oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $5.50

3. California Baby Calendula Cream 4 oz (Expiry 2013) - $25

4. California Baby Calendula Cream 2 oz (Expiry 2013) - $15.50

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

feeling sorrow now...parents not understanding. only cares abt $, father's day still wan celebration. but i didnt join in wif my bro who suggested e meal. no $ lor!!! but dad unhappy lor!!! i dun care.

- me jobless

- baby's expenses, gynae expenses + hospitalization

- new hse coming next yr (mthly cash payment + renov + electronic goods needs $)

sigh...feeling depressed.

Janice>> why are you so stress out.. although husband is not in singapore.. doesn't mean he is not supporting you right?

Don't think too much abt money now.. it can be sort out once baby arrived..

chujie> yeah i need to find a job asap once i finish my confinement. wish i can hv someone to talk to or complaint to. parents not understanding, only cares abt $. makes my heart ache. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Janice>> you are now staying with them right? so your expenses is actually on them.. actually.. I would think that it is ok that you go for the father's day dinner.. it won't be that much anyway..

your parents raise you up and still helping you now when you are expecting.. what more do you want..

Be contented with the current and you will be more happy.. but of course.. you can get a job when you finish your confinement..

Dear mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.

I am from Feb 2011 thread & have the followings to let go:

1) *Brand New* Sleepy Wrap -- $70

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389275&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

2) *Brand New* Avent Feeding Bottle 0 month+ 2 x 4oz/125ml & 6 x Sealing Discs -- $20

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795523478&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

3) *Brand New* NUK Class Anti-Colic Teat, size 1, S (thin liquids) -- 3 for $5

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389277&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

4) *Brand New* NUK Premium Choice Anti-Colic Wide Neck Teat, size 1, S -- $6/pair, $10/2 pairs

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389279&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

5) *Brand New* NUK Teat cleaning sponge -- 1 for $4, 2 for $7.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389278&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

* Self collection at Choa Chu Kang Street 62.

* Keen or any enquiry, please PM me.

Hi Mummies,

I'm from the March 2011 thread n have 2x BNIB Medela PureLan nipple cream 7g to let go at $10 each, incl. normal postage. Retail price is $12.90! Pls PM me if keen, thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning mummies,

Thanks all..

It seems that if we were to check into delivery suite, we will be billed accordingly to the time spent there on top of the maternity package. So, I saw from one thread, the gynae actually recommend the patient to be admitted to normal ward first then later transfer to delivery suite.

Hmm.. my hospital procedure - if got 'show', it is telling you, baby coming out soon (can be few days or weeks). If water bag burst, take note of the color, and admit hospital (delivery suite) within 24 hrs. If contractions - monitor first, then admit within 24 hrs. Unless bleeding, then admit immediately.

Was suggested not to admit so soon, due to extra charges. Also, we can't move around as we are strapped to CTG machine when in delivery suite..

Gynae hasn't discuss options with me leh.. Am i too gan cheong??

janice,

who will be taking care of bb then?

cos bb tend to be sick easily after 3-4 mths of birth cos the antibodies is "used up" by then.

I went back to work about 3.5 mths, but end up, have to take urgent leave cos bb was sick and he was too young to cough out the phelgm. worst still, he cant sleep well due to the flu and I have to carry him to sleep, and PD said I cant fall asleep!

Janice, I will say that you are not a mum yet. When you truely become 1 with your little bunny in ur arms, I'm sure you will learn to appreciate being able to be at home with her, and appreciate your parents....

I've been planning towards being a SAHM despite not knowing that #2 is coming..and with #2 coming this sooner than expect, I'm really looking forward to be a SAHM to my 2 dear boys...

Yes, finance has been tight ever since we become parents with #1. But we will still celebrate mother's day with my mum and mil.....it's jus a way to show our appreciation on the special day though we do shower them with gifts and meals now and then.....I'm now planning how to celebrate father's dad for my hb (on behalf of my #1..hahaha)....I lost my dad early this year, and I still miss him once in a while....how much will a meal cost esp if it can make the senior happy...

Back