(2011/07) July 2011

anyone heading down to the fair?

can help check if they have baby cots and prams?

are shops like baby kingdom n hypermart all there?

Sorry to disturb.

Just wondering if any mummies are keen in baby wraps and bean sprout pillows

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5553702.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5553703.jpg]

PM me if interested

Have a nice day!

Juz went to see doc today. Bb weight is around 2.3-2.4kg coz difficult to measure due to his position. And doc says bb is big. I m 34wks 5d tdy. Doc still cant tell me whether i can go natural or c-sect. Dunno y some of yr doc say big n some din say. Do they base on the mother size to benchmark against bb weight to determine big or sm? I m quite sm size to begin with. And i passed my sugar level tdy coz did a finger prick test. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Minzi,

I just came back from motherhood fair. There are booths selling cots and prams. Got spring maternity, infantino...etc. But I dun think I see baby hypermart and baby kingdom.

Ping> wow congratulation!! I m so shocked to know u hv given birth. Which week are you at now when delivered? How you go to e hospital? I mean I m not sure whether e taxi uncle will wanna take me or not on my actual day.

Janice I haven't give birth yet. Tat experience was from my first gal. Now I'm at 34weeks 5 days. Having my 2nd child. But doc say likely can go for natural and I will definately go for epidural. The contraction pain is not bearable at all.

ST, urs is not big. I just had my checks on tues at 34 weeks and my baby is at 2.63kg. But doc did mention if baby really too big when due then may have difficulty for natural.

soontobe> omg~~~u oso hv high pain threshold n can oso say the PAIN is unbearable....jialat mannn...siao liao...i tink i will cry!!! ur gynae decided on the induce date or??? i oso dun wan to wait sooo long after induce leh....

Feimei, actually I cldnt bear w e pain coz e epi didn't work well for me due to my crooked spine. N depend on which hospital u r delivering? I think only kkh administer to relief 70-80% of e pain so tt we can still feel e pain n push.

ping> oh ic...heehe...i tot ur water bag is broke. me is at 33 weeks 6 days. i m really scared of e pain from natural birth. heard so much stories..none of them say is painless n mostly go for epidural. i wish to get over it asap.

Janice, just go for epidural the moment u admitted to hospital. The side effect I had was vomitting after birth. But doc tats happen only to some. I'm the weaker one[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Today went motherhood fair and nw my back is aching to the max. Haiz[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Morning all..

This morning so scary.. open eye started to see the ceiling spining.. (ear fluid inbalance).. lucky only happen for a while then I get back to normal..

Had this experience before preg twice.. but now preg so more worry.. maybe yesterday too exhausted while packing for house moving.. XP

soontobe> i will be with SGH....Hmmm~~~i hope epi will work for mi ya....or i can jus pop quickly...dun even hv time for epi....hahahahaa...*dreaming*

chujie> Wowww...tum tum soo big ler, still packing to move hse??? leave to ur DH bahhh...hv some rest today bahhh...dun go work!!!

actually, ytd i oso do cleaning n packing my gals clothes n make some way in the cupboard for CL to put her stuffs....then bring out car seat, stroller to clean....still need to wash the cot bumper, the car seat/stroller support cushion and oso the cloth napkin....*phew* alot to wash....

Janice and Chujiei> Envy me right? Hee hee. I told my boss I need to take care of my boy myself but I'm interested to continue working, so she let me work from home but had a pay cut. I just need a computer to do some analysis work using my brain.

feimei>> no choice.. many to pack.. he can't do it all by himself..

you also take care.. don't get exhausted like me.. still feel a bit nausea now.. but already in office.. today busy day..

lucky3>> ya.. really envy you with such understanding boss.. but is work at home difficult to handle? you got any maid to help out?

If I stay home.. my boy always want to attach to me.. very difficult to concentrate at work..

over the weekend i also clearing and packing the room.

initial intention is just to "dig out" my breast pumps and steriliser, making sure they are still working.

end up doing some "spring-cleaning".

super tired at the end of it.

mummies who intend to stop after #1 or #2.

are you gals going for ligation or just take preventive measures?

Oh dear chujie, better take care!

Spent the weekend packing, packing, packing too. Years of junk to clear, still not done yet sigh. Baby had better not come out so soon cos I'm not ready for him yet! Nowadays really feeling very very pregnant, walk a bit also tired and breathless, sigh.

Thanks feimei for reminding me to leave some space for the CL's stuff, I forgot all abt that haha.

Are you all planning to let the CL sleep with the baby, or you sleep with the baby? I can't decide...On the one hand I would like my rest. On the other hand, worried that the CL will develop bad habits that will be hard for me to undo after she leaves...

Also, have you all bought the first aid kit for baby yet? Do you know which brand is good, where to get? Also, which brand of nail clipper/ blunt scissors is good for cutting baby's nails?

Jas > haha scared of having number 4 is it?

coopie

err I never leave any space for my CL leh, she also never ask for space.

the last time she just came in a big sports bag, and the only thing she needed was hangers, that's all.

My baby will sleep with CL in the other room.

For nite feeds, she will warm up expressed BM stored in the mini fridge which i will put in her room.

at nite when i get up to pump and put in the mini fridge, i will spot check at the same time.

first aid kit??

i only bought safety first nail clipper.

yes i can't imagine having #4!!!

how many kids you intend to have?

It's not easy wearing both hats at the same time, as full-time working mum and also stay-at-home mum. I had to find ways to entertain my #1. 15-30mins on jumperoo, 30mins watching Barneys, another 15min with his favourite toy, these gave me at least 45min to an hour to work. Then spend some time with him, and he's back to play on his own. When he was learning to crawl, he'll stay near my computer table and explore on his own, sometimes climb onto my leg and started booing his saliva on my thighs while I continue working. It's difficult when I have to do 2 hours phone conference and carry him in one hand with the other holding the phone and walk around the house, or using wireless headphone and typing. When he started climbing up the sofa, I had to pounce onto him from my computer, in case he fell. When all failed, the breasts never! haha. Just had to sit in front of the computer and latch.

I finally surrender and have a maid to help out now with #2 coming. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi all mummies...anyone know where to buy button front PJ other than marks & spenser? aiyo i need presentable PJ coz my hosp is near my office...

Jas > hmm ok thanks, will try to leave a little bit of space somewhere for CL to put her stuff so don't appear too terrible haha...

Do we have to provide toiletries etc for our CL, or they will usually bring their own?

Dunno leh, pple tell me to buy first aid kit though frankly I wouldn't know how to use also...though have been told I should go for a first aid class for babies...

If you have #4, the govt will be very pleased with you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I guess I would like minimum 2 kids so #1 not too lonely and spoilt. Used to think I would want 3, but currently feeling very tired and getting old already, dunno how many more times I can go thru this! Twins would be nice huh, 1 shot get 2 babies, but think the pregnancy and childcare process will be super siong... Your situation is nice, 2 boys then 1 girl for the older brothers to take care of [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lucky > yes a maid would make your life alot easier! but you sound like you have the best of both worlds, lucky indeed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ST > I bought some nursing nightgowns online and at mothercare, dunno whether presentable cos it's still a nightgown, but trying to avoid wearing pants in case gotta go for c-section... I read somewhere that some MTBs have bought silk PJs from chinatown, dunno whether presentable enough? Or get a nice robe to wear over the hospital gown? My friend who just gave birth at Gleneagles said they provided her with a kimono robe to wear to the breastfeeding class, dunno abt other hospitals.

coopie...tks i will check out mothercare though could be quite ex...haha dun have habit to wear PJ at home so kinda wasted....

i salute all mums who had their 2nd or 3rd bb..coz really really not easy to take care of the kids while preg...very wei da!

coopie> hahahaha...no worries...we r here to remind each other...i oways wan to pack but 'u xin wu li'....hahahaha....soo last nite trigger myself to do it lol...

CL asked me to let bb sleep w her during nite so that i can rest....i noe i can't rest becos still hv to wake up to express lol but she said at least not as tire as latching...she asked me dun worry, she will take care of bb....then day time will pass bb back to me lol....but i guess i will still secretly wake up to spot chk leh...not that dun trust CL but no matter wat...will still be more 'fang xing' mah.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

coopie

actually for my #1 and #2, i didn't really feel any strain or that tired compared to this 3rd pregnancy.

so i figured it's due to subsequent pregnancies as well as age.

so better quickly "pop more" when you're still young. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

last weekend my #1 (18kg) threw tantrum, wanted me to carry him into the house.

no choice i had to.

Dr Tan will sure scream at me if she hears of this, cos i complained to her abt my variscose veins popping out and she had advised me against carrying my 2 boys now.

by right CL should bring their own toiletries, but mine forgot her toothpaste the last time round, so i just give her a new tube lor.

other than that, she brought everything along.

ST > actually the mothercare ones aren't that great, and I dunno if really all that presentable, but there's a sale going on. Buy 2 Mothercare brand items (including baby clothes), get 15% off. Buy 3 or more, get 20% off. Plus extra 5% for card members.

I think I need to get some presentable nursing tops to wear at home when visitors come...just occurred to me I have none!

Feimei > Hmm I think I will see how I feel about the CL before deciding...went for WBB's antenatal classes and she told so many horror stories abt CL's, my hubby is now scared of leaving baby alone with her haha.

Jas > Ok I will not buy toiletries for her just yet, and get hubby to buy for her if she doesn't have. Thanks!

I am 34 this year so not young at all...will be even older for subsequent babies, dunno how my body is going to take it next time, sigh. Was actually feeling quite good and healthy till this weekend, when the strain of the weight got to me. Just need to endure for few more weeks!

Jas > Cool, so you are a fellow Snake! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] We're in the exact opposite position though--you're on your third baby and I'm only on my first!! On hindsight I wish I had started earlier!

34 still consider young leh, jas/coopie!!!...have not cross the 35 line yet...dun worry....i m 32 this yr, catching up both of u... :D

jas> u mentioned abt ur variscose veins, i saw a lady this morning in train....she w her hub n her #1...she is preggie then both of her feet...covered with variscose veins....dun tink u r anywhere worse than her bahhh....whole feet till ankle...can u imagine that??? soo dun stress urself w the variscose veins lah...it will be fine after ur princesss is out!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my variscose veins only appeared few months ago, on my inner upper thigh.

1st 2 pregnancies dun have.

that's why i concluded it's due to subsequent pregnancies and due to age.

yes gynae also said after giving birth and breastfeeding, it will shrink back.

hopefully lor, else go swimming super ugly!!

then i cfm the lady is Worse than u....imgaine both her feet covered with the vein...like web comb like that...very horrible!!!

hmm... then she should've worn long pants instead to cover up.....

have you gals been drinking coconuts?

i just took my weekly dose yest.

shiok!

think i'll start on twice a week starting next week.

touchwood but i don't have varicose veins and hope i won't have...then again, i can hardly see my legs these days so maybe they are there but i dunno hahaha.

i have drunk coconut juice twice so far in past few weeks, but i really hate coconut (i know, i'm strange!) so it's pure torture for me...couldn't even finish the entire can/ coconut each time...and the 2nd time I took it together with durians so i think the effect was neutralised haha.

i will try to drink it more often soon....wish i liked it, then will happily drink! now i gotta cut down on durians already cos scared baby come out too heaty, at the rate i am eating them...few times a week!

i heard must stop taking bird's nest soon, is that true? i am thinking of stopping now...

coopie

how come must stop taking bird's nest?

i'm still taking one bottle/day, and chix essence alternate days.

and i take the bird's nest when i get up for toilet break at 5+am. haha.....

jas/coopie...hehe i also 34! and it's my first...same thoughts as coopie...should have started earlier...

coopie...i also attend WBB class but i heard she mentioned that last 4 weeks then start to take coconut water...last week already last lesson so didnt check with her

jas/coopie> bird nest will cos phlem, esp in 3rd tri, so no need take soo freq bird nest on 3rd tri lol....

i started once every wk for coconut drink since 32wk n last fri had once....dunnu issit the coconut too 'old' or i ate the flesh (but not as much as the previous one i took leh), the very late afternoon, i start to feel sore throat and heatyness ranking up in my body....at nite....i feel feverish.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but ytd hub bot coconut for me again....that is for this wk lol....so i finished my dosage for this wk lol....but i still hving that irritating sore throat n now abit of coughing becos of the itchyness on the throat.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]stupig old coconut!!!! 'lau ya...'

Jas > I read somewhere that too much bird's nest may cause phlegm, dunno if true? I haven't been taking chix essence at all (though I love it) cos my mum won't let me take, says alot of salt/ sodium...so she makes me cordyceps once a week instead....hope that is good enough! I hope pple give me lots of chix essence after I give birth so I can happily drink frequently [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ST > Oh yay another first-time Snake mum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yah WBB told my class the same thing (hmm, were we in the same class? Thursday evening?) but someone on this forum was suggesting to start earlier (but less frequently) in case you deliver earlier, and take more frequently nearer the delivery date.

feimei...tot coconut i supposed to be "liang" how come can cause phlegm?

coopie...i am from sat's class...hmm maybe i should also start it. lasts at my doc say bb head is down but hasn't engage. but the position of the head is facing upwards so still not the ideal position...so dunno have to csect or can go natural. strange my hosp est bill for csect is cheaper than natural...like a diff of $600...

ST ) hmm that's strange, which hospital is that? is it cos of epidural? but c-section also got epidural right? my baby's head is down but not engaged yet too, doc hoping it'll happen this week... that's when we will start waddling right, cos of that big thing in our pelvis?? can't imagine what it'll feel like!

I missed the last 2 classes cos of work, what did WBB teach?

hi mummies.. I got a brand new Pupsik sling XL (fairground colour) for sale at $36. PM me if u're interested. Just bought 2 weeks ago from mothercare only. Thanks!

hi MTB, i have a 2nd hand Kate Spade Classic Noel Henry Baby Bag in dkchocolat to sell..used for 2 months only, condition 95%...selling @ SGD 230, self collection..

interested, pls call me @ 91112839

Herbal bath and confinement herbs,

Any mummies has any idea if Hock Hua sells the herbal bath for confinement? If not, where can I get it ar?

I am planning to get the herbs for my confinement this weekend at Hock Hua. I suppose I won't be 'cut throat ' in Hock Hua. They are franchise, I suppose they will not mark up price bah??

Coopie...nurse say becoz medisave deduct more for csect. Dunno leh...its raffles hosp. Last lesson she teach abt breastfeeding. The previous one is hw to bathe bb, swaddling etc.

Dear mummies got one qn here.. My gynae say my baby is small (34weeks preg, baby weigh 1.77kg) And given mi medolin.. Im veri worried.. Is my baby really veri veri small?? Is it not good to have too small baby??

Back