(2011/07) July 2011

rexxie> you long zi at this Guillmard Road there lol....he is damn popular but his name selection, more or less, very common de...thou ppl said based on ur own bb DOB...but somehow....more or less, ppl will mix n match the same name out of the list lol....

drink coconut start fr 32wks, once a wk till 36wks, upgrade to twice a wk....coconut drink may 'clean' the bb when u pop....meaning bb will not hv the white white thing or those sticky stuffs on them when born lol....also heard will prevent (what is that word???), 'huang-dan'....pai sey....my vocab not powderful.... =P

today's weather seems slightly better. not that hot and humid for now.. but then, am still sweating.. think the body temp went up???

like got growth spurt in tummy.. suddenly can see big stomach.

xinyue> no matter how cool the weather is....i m still sweating....sitting in mrt, dozed off and wake up found that my forehaed covered w sweat....hahahahahaa....i guess ppl looking at me...mrt got air-con...how come this preggie is sweating....hahahaha....pai sey sia~~~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hehe feimei...yup hopefully can turn back to pre-pregg size...but wht to do this is the package we hv to go thru...

all mummies...start to think how to prepare for bb shower?

feimei > sometimes, i do find 'water moustache' above my lips too.. lol

sunshine > only thought of the cakes, red eggs and ang ku kueh part.. still thinking where to order the m from and whether the red eggs and ang ku kueh necessary or not..

rexxie> oh ic..which gynae did u switch to?? i also hv e impulse of switching but ...hesitate.

although i hv been having tightening earlier on but bb's head is up there. my greedy bb, always wanna eat only.

feimei> i can totally understand. i started sweating almost immediately after my shower.

never had this problem before.

sunshinebb> my hubby is thinking of holding it at CC. any1 knows the price??

i hv took the brochure for our bb's 1st month from bengawan solo and here is some of the price list:

marble cake

-----------------

- cake only $7.80

- package A $10.00

- package B $12.20

walnut cake

-----------------

- cake only $8.80

- package A $11.00

- package B $13.20

fruit cake

-------------

- cake only $9.80

- package A $12.00

- package B $14.20

package A : 1 cake + 2 red eggs + 2 kueh angku

package B : 1 cake + 4 red eggs + 4 kueh angku

I ate sweetest moments cakes and find them sweet.

I may try melrose. packaging not so nice though.

Do u think if a must to have all these:

red eggs, ang ku kueh & glutinous rice?

sunshine > I think most of the cake shops have everything in a box, just wonder is it necessary to have the eggs, etc besides the cake.. and also deciding between cakes and cake vouchers..

For sweetest moment, do you have to collect the cakes yourself or any minimum requirement to meet before they deliver the cakes to you FOC?

janice > thanks for sharing..

xinyue> hahahhaa....that happen to me too....everywhere is Sweat!!!

janice> ya...once step out of bathroom, already sweating....sometimes i dun even use heater water....totally cold water...Woww...the feeling soo shiok!!!

kim> if u need to follow traditional, then the items u named, will be a Must lol...dun tink i will follow lol...now modern ler....maybe the red egg, jus hv it during buffet, ur guest wan to eat, jus take lol....

As for sweetest moment:

Minimum Order

Full Month Packages & Wedding Packages:

A minimum order of 10 boxes is required.

A maximum number of 3 types of packages is allowed for each self-collection /delivery.

Delivery Charges

Full Month Packages, Wedding Packages & Cupcakes / Cakes:

Delivery to one location is complimentary for orders $200 nett & above, subject to availability.

Delivery charge per location is $15, subject to availability.

Delivery to Tuas, Jurong Island or Sentosa will incur a surcharge of $15.

Self-collection can be done @ 787A Upper Serangoon Road S534655 between 10am to 5pm (1pm on Public Holidays).

jan-ice...seem like u dun really like ur gyne...maybe can seek for other..cos u know wkat best for ur bb n urself

kimifin...i dun think necessary with all things in...but surely will looked more "da fang" (all in)

Xinyue...if i remember sweet moment if order $200 and above is FOC for delivery

Sunshinebb > Alamak.. Probably I will have to self collect or pay the delivery charges..

but now m hesitating, cos u see ar order buffer for bb shower will cos abt $500 for abt 30 guests...then still give cake abt another $200-300...cos quite a bomb hoooooooo

if we hv buffer...can dun give cake? oni give those that nv attend...eg colleagues

sunshine> thats my plan too!!! those come for buffet, will not get the cake lol...y come eat n still take.....save cost la....

xinyue> u r welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

feimei> keke...i also done e same thing. feel so shiok shiok lor!! hehee..

but i tot cake is like a 'must'??

kimifin> melrose's bb shower cake nice & cheap??

I ate the kueh n rice, quite standard n ice is wrapped.

Cos for my #1, I din prepare, relatives do all the wk n v bz. So this time rather give gift boxes for ppl who came n those who din, beng solo cards.

Hai, my mum also said, we dun have so many kids now. So give more.

I am going to hold the party over 2 days at my place coz I have too many relatives n diff groups of friends coming..

Not planning to give out cakes.. Only going to put red eggs together with the buffet food and include cupcakes/cake slices as part of dessert in the buffet... Will only give cake vouchers to those who can't make it (but got give gifts) hahaha..

If I don't order cakes, I can have nicer buffet food.. Coz I don't think people really like to eat those cakes de lei (for me la..) I haven't even redeemed the bengawan solo voucher I received last year :X

Minzi,

R u referring to cheong choon?

U can find the exact location online by searching for cheong choon.. It's in the building just next to the hawker center

Dear mummies,my edd is 11th July but I'm feeling terrible throughout the pregnancy.

Anyone can give advise how to reduce heartburn pain? And back ache? Tks

feimei, dont say u.. i also sweat after bathing and sit on living room. somemore ceiling fan still on and i felt that surrounding not warm but hwo come i am still persprising le? i am not using hot water to bath somemore too.. *sigh* then i hav to keep changing my clothes..jialat right [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

nana, then get those mini cakes to serve during the buffet lor.

i am planning to get cakes from melrose and some customised cupcakes from my friend since i cant do mine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

janice, i quite like melrose cake.. no doubt their package is OR BIANG ah.. btu still, i prefer them as their cakes are pretty nice and presentable!

Ping,

Things to take note for heartburn:

1.) Avoid spicy food

2.) Avoid acidic food like orange, sour stuff

3.) Avoid eating near bed time, try not to lie down straight after eating

4.) Avoid drinking too much water on empty stomach

5.) Try elavating your sleeping position

6.) Drink more water throughout the day

My heartburn problem usually is related to the food I take. Not sure if you want to take note of your food intake. If worst case, can ask your gynae to prescribe you medicine to supress the heartburn, e.g. taking Gaviscon.

yaya> really? i never heard of melrose cake, me 'mountain tortorise' hehee..maybe i go check out their website.

ping> i hv super super TERRIBLE backache. i cant sleep well at nite coz cannot sleep too long at one position, will flip here and there. terrible!! its quite suffering..any1 suffering e same as me?? or its just me?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

For backaches, try to maintain a proper and upright posture in the day when standing, walking, sitting..if u slouch or don't maintain good posture, the backache will get worst when u try to rest at night..

Put a small pillow below ur lower back for support.. I used to get really bad backaches but now it's so much better already after I made it a point to maintain good posture..

Ping> i oso my very bad ache on the left side becos my gal lying on the left side....cos my right side is ok...soo gynae said most probably is bb lie on left side n press on our nerve or something like that...that's y we got ache....

Ping> i oso my very bad ache on the left side becos my gal lying on the left side....cos my right side is ok...soo gynae said most probably is bb lie on left side n press on our nerve or something like that...that's y we got ache....

Sigh!

Am at my gynae's now before the scheduled appt date.

Been having very bad cold the past 2 weeks even on medication and fever the last few days, bad headache. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hope little princess is unaffected and alright.

feimei - ok i will find out more about this youlongzi. tks

i dunno if i can drink coconut drink now (liang??) since i'm having quite frequent contractions alr.

i got Terrible backache since 20+wk and I feel better now since going for prenatal massage every week.

leg cramps oso lessen now (touchwood). Maybe some of you can try massage. BUt dun let them massage your tummy.

Poor jas, u must be feeling terrible n worried abt ur precious bb. We mummies always think abt our bb first. Did u eat lots of fruits n get lots of rests. It will be very helpful in building up ur immunity. Take care!!

I will be seeing my gynae on e 1st June.. Can't wait after been waiting for a mth. Somehow my discharge is getting better/lesser, not sure must tell gynae or not. Worried abt e extra pills == extra costs. So difficult to book dr Eunice chua. Any1 wif her too?

How to Activate PM

1.) click on the Profile icon on the top of this page

2.) Log in using your login name and password

3.) Then go to 'Preferences', make sure that you UNCHECK this statement 'Do not send me "Private Message" e-mails from other board users'

4.) Save your changes.

5.) Your PM should work now.

feimei

have.... but i dun dare to take the mediciation.

still trust my gynae more.

got an earful from my gynae, say i drag for so long.

end up have to take antibiotics. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

for my #1 i ordered from melrose (i think).

for my #2 i ordered from ecreative, cos they became halah, so i ordered all from there, no need to seperately order for my malay colleagues.

jas> as long ur princess ok, quickily nurse urself back n can prepare to welcome her lol...U jus need complete rest to speedy recovery!!!! Jia U!!!!

Back