(2011/07) July 2011

hi,

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5452830.jpg]

Brandnew in box, NUK BPAfree wide neck bottle 300mls in pink. comes with size 1 teat.

Selling at $12. Bought at kiddy palace for $18.90

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5452831.jpg]

Brandnew in pack, Pigeon wide neck teats 2pc, M size(2-3mths +) for $5. bought at metro at $6.70.

Giving FOC postage

pls PM me if keen. thanks

wendy> yeah i also find my gynae's fee a bit on e high side plus i find her not very attentive. tat time, i m having stomach rashes, she didnt even notice it when she did e scan for me. i also forgotten to ask her coz too excited to see bb in ultra-scan.

initially i asked her whether i can drink cold water, she said can but in moderation. so i drink at least 1 can or cup of cold drink per day. after tat alot of ppl (frens) told me its not advisable to drink cold water. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] now a bit late to change gynae right??

now i worried abt my delivery, whether she will do a good job for me. i dun feel assured now...abit doubtful.

i also planned to wash the baby's clothes in june. then 1st of july drink coconut drinks...yippee! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i love coconut drink lor.

my bb gal also huge, gynae said she is very chumby, dun know who she looks like..so fat.

actually all the food goes to my bb as i do not look like putting on alot of weight or alot of changes. the only main difference is i notice my skin is much better, last time got breakouts...now hardly even w/o facial for months.

my bb is doing earthquake inside me now..

zachmommy

which week should we start drinking coconut?

Though this is my #3, i have forgotten when i started drinking for my #1 and #2.

hur hur hur!

rexxie : my scans are all 3D scans and if I remember correctly, should be between 5-7 mths. Once 7 mths onwards, difficult to scan liao.

i also startin to drink my coconut next week... will b once a week..

ah Feimei u not fan of durians ah.. i m quite a fan.. hope our girls wun b in pang pang ju le bu ba.. :p

Kath mayb u dun eat much ur acid juice building up so u get heartburn leh .. i hav to take my antacid.. u try out e mint sweet trick i try to me effective not so "hot".. i eat e vicks brand one..

xinyue no one motivate me hahahahaha i hav to self motivate..

Rexxie i did mine at Radlink at 27 weeks 3 days.. bb was performing.. i did 4D at $150 good experience!

wendy > The mummies here are motivating you.. I guess when you see them washing one by one, you will also start washing.. heehee..

janice > Gynae was chosen by you. Even if you don't trust her, you should trust yourself...

coconut drink > me not a fan of coconut drink so i onie drink once a week..so will get to drink abt 6x before i go for my c-sect bah..

janice, alot of mummies here oso drink cold drinks some on daily basis. Gynaes and doctors be it GP, PD etc are all Western educated and they don't believe in cooling or heaty etc..to them everything that is said must be supported by facts and white papers. There isn't any facts stating drinking cold drinks will affect baby in any way. All these comes from older folks, experience etc. They will always leave it up to u to exercise control..I dont take any cold drinks or coffee for my first pregnancy but my son is still prone to cough and cold - so I no longer hold the above true but i still exercise some control - once a week i indulge in cold stuff like ice kacang, coke, etc.

so many things to drink rite?

birds nest, chicken soup, chicken essence, coconut etc.. tink monday to friday everyday must drink diff thing.. lolz

i have been alternating....

mon, wed, fri - chix essence.

tues, thur, sat, sun - bird's nest.

some days when i greedy, i will take chix essence + bird's nest.

now will slot in coconut drink twice a week on weekday nights after dinner.

me thinking to start drinking coconut water from abt 32week 2....

talk abt coconut water make me so pissed off....haha yesterday hubby was at his mum house...he was telling his mum that im gg to drink coconut water later in the wk...he mum immed ask him to stopped me to drink...saying drink with result in "ruan jiao" (weak leg)...omg

I wonder where to store all the food! haha..

I onie drink chicken essence when I am really really tired..

u boil the birds nest or u drank ready-made? I have both (SIL just bought 1 box for me)..but i had twice birds nest last week liao.. tmr will boil cordyceps for me n Zach then Sunday going for Durian Fiesta at GWP then night time is coconut water..

jas...u drink birdnest on a alternate day basis?...1pc per day? so u also do that during ur 1st 2 pregg? is it true bb come out will hv a better complexion?

Hello all, have been super busy and no time to read/ post much, but just saw this and thought should share what I learnt from Wong Boi Boi's antenatal class.

- Coconut water: she said start from week 36. Purpose is to cool down the body. I can't remember how many times a week though.

- Bird's nest: she said it has no real value other than protein and whitening effect (said she saw a case where both parents quite dark but baby came out fair apparently cos of the bird's nest). Should be drunk on empty stomach (ie at least 4 hours before/ after food), if not no effect at all.

- Durians: ok to eat, main effect is that baby will grow. I can testify to this cos my baby was 1.6kg at week 29+ after I started eating durians a few times a week... Doctor says my baby will be at least 3.6kg at birth which I'm a little worried about, so trying to cut down durians a little, but really so addictive I can't help it..I will eat one whole mao shan wang by myself a few times a week, hubby thinks I've gone mad, but durian is really my all-time favourite food [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zachmommy/sunshinebb

i lazy to boil lah, so just buy ready made bottles.

i buy the brands bird's nest and chix essence boxes in bulk when there's sale.

so you can imagine how many boxes i have in my cupboard!!!

subshinebb

yes i did the same for my last 2 pregnancies.

my #1 have eczema, quite a bad one when he was a baby (prob inherited from me! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif])

my #2 have very good complexion [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so i hope this time round mei mei will also have good complexion.

Bird's nest

i always put a bottle in the fridge the night before, so that next morning i just drink on empty stomach.

shiok! esp in this hot weather!

coopie, mabbe WBB said drink coconut drink from 36 weeks cos by then can drink few times a week.. if start earlier like 32 weeks drink once a week is good.. last time i started quite late, onie drank 2x before i hv to deliver at 37 weeks

jas, bottled one so much easier! Mine is like huge project..must soak abt an hour then sit down an hour to pick up those feathers and then wash n rinse then boil for 2 hrs before can drink! Haha.. Picking the feathers really test my eyes n concentration :p

zachmommy

i dun have the time luxury to sit down and pick feathers, cos will be busy with the 2 boys when i'm home, and i am very very sleep deprived!

every nite get up 2-3 times for toilet, and sometimes one more time when my elder boy wants milk at 4+am!

but bottled ones only a little bit, not alot, unless buy those concentrated bottles.

i used to buy the Eu Yan Sang concentrated bottles.

supposed to eat one spoon a day and can last for a week.

but i end up finishing a bottle in 2 days!

hehe.........

so this time round i buy the normal bottles, then i can better control myself and restrict from taking a 2nd bottle.

zachmommy > yah I was wondering about the timing also cos thought week 36 sounded quite late...ok i will follow ur suggestion and start soon then! though i don't like coconut so will be torture for me to drink...

jas > my next appt is next week (3 weeks from my last one), then after that will be every 2 weeks. at my week 32 now, wonder if baby has gotten into position already...

getting very nervous, can't believe how fast time has flown...our little ones will be with us in no time!

btw does anyone know when the next taka baby fair will be? is it true it'll be in june?

zachmommy> oh ic, guess I am wrong abt that gynae...hv no idea at all since this is my first. heehee..thanks for ur clarification

coconut drink> so can start drinking coconut drinks from week 32? all the while I tot just drink 1 coconut is enough till which mummy said she will drink 6 before delivery?

bird's nest> when can stop drinking this?? abit sick of it although I dun drink it every week.

coopie> me too..getting nervous, been imagining my water bag broke..hehe...dun know how is it like.

coconut

i heard the juice is "liang" and flesh is "heaty".

so by eating and drinking both, you'll be neutralising the effect.

but i like the flesh, so will still continue to eat the flesh and drink the juice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i dun like coconut one lor.. so i never finish..always drink like 2 - 3 mouthful then i order other drinks liao..haha.

coopie, taka bb fair onie once a year rite? can check their calendar event for confirmation?

thanks Xinyue hopefully motivated enuff lol..

thanks Jas din know y can drink dun eat flesh of coconut until u tell me

mayb coz i m not a fan of coconut..

Yen Kim i got e braun thermo.. eh no leh mine does not have any back light..

sunshinebb ur MIL nvr heard of preggies drinkin coconut at last stage meh? hehe

i not v ONz abt bird nest n chicken essence.. hahaha i will try to b more hardworking soon.. which also means spending $ hahahaha :p

GSS coming liao.. more $ to spend wahahahahah

hihi morning all mtbs

u gals saw the yahoo new on the young guy who refused to give up his seat...then the old fellow took his pic and send to his work place and SMRT to complain???

think must be the 60+yr old man being rude, how can use his umbrella to wake ppl up...must be very damanding fellow...

thanks zachmommy/ ixoral! ooh yes wendy good point re GSS, will just wait for that then [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

where's the cheapest place to buy the braun ear thermometer, does anyone know? how much is it?

sunshine > Yes, saw that news.. Sigh.. Was on the train back home yesterday.. One young gal gave up her 'reserved seat' to me. There was another old man further behind me, who stared at me for occupying the reserved seat.

Though with a tummy, I still tried not to seat at the reserved seats.. Cos as mentioned few times already, out of the 4 icons, only 3 are visible. The pregnant one is invisible

xinyue> sometimes.....these so-called 'elderly'...they r not weak one lol...they jus put on 'show' when onboard train....we r more 'heavily' needed the seat than them....suppose they r not working....and noe the working hrs peak period....they shld not hv come out soo early....they can oways go out after office peak hrs....that's y i said 80% of them really putting up 'show' to let ppl pity them.....these ppl really CMI!!!!

xinyue>> Don't think too much how the old man think of you.. should think why others sitting next to you does not give up sit to him..

I won't say 3 out of 4 icon is visible but preg is invisible.. so far.. pple do give up seat even if they are not at reserved seats when I board the train.. but mostly is after work.. if in the morning.. mostly pple pretend to sleep.. I usually stand in front of pple with open eyes.. haha.. put my big tum in front of their face..

Talking about old pple, yesterday I went lunch with colleague.. then we went supermarket to get something.. there were a narrow path where my colleague was looking at the fruit while slowly move side way.. then one old man dash by and bounce to her back(she is not preg).. the old man make the sound "jek".. like why my friend so clumsy bang on him.. but the truth is.. he was the fast one.. and the path was narrow.. though my friend is moving backward/sideway without looking.. as he is walking forward.. he should avoid..

both of us feel he was rude but didn't say back.. but he is not really really that old too..

feimei > dunno.. cant help thinking, they might appear to be able-bodied on the surface but they might have hidden ailment.

chujie > cos all those around me are slping.. there are ppl who give up their seats to me for now (tummy more obvious).. am grateful for that. at times, i see empty seats, so no need ppl to offer.

hai.. older ppl always use their age to 'scare' us or to get their way.. maybe, next time, i also like that.. hmm..

ya lor...xinyue...for me i nv asked any 1 to give up their seat to me...i just let them willing give to me...

u hv the right ti seat at the reserved seat wat..so dun bother

I just read the news on Yahoo.. but I feel that the young man have too much excuses lor.. He said he is on medication.. he feel drowsy.. he lost one side of contact len when he board the train.. he couldn't see the man well of how old..

well.. does it really matter when someone demand for your seat that you ask them how old? that is rude too.. I think if not, the old man won't reply "much older than you"..

and lost contact len? how are you suppose to continue your day at work?

Being a bit rude to say.. "No wonder he is only a temp staff.."

hey....just joined this thread [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As for me, i will ask the seat if they don't see me or busy with other things like playing games, iphone, etc....

They will immediately give the seat up for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. So...dont be shy, ask for yourself! :D

Actually that sign puts 'Reserved seats'. dun those pple know the true meaning of 'Reserved'?? that means for those 4 categories pple. when we go to the restaurant and see 'Reserved' sign on the tables, we are not allowed to occupy them. isn't tat the same?

tat time a young dark-color foreign boy (around 11-15) was occupying the 'Reserved seats'. i stand right in front of him, stare at him, touching my big stomach and he just dun care lor. he also didnt stand up to let me hv the seats. the govt laws shd come out with fines for not letting the 4 categories pple hv the seats.

anyway 2 more months we will be 'unloading', no more such issue bothering us.

I just bot Braun at $60 from overseas spree including shipping cost. Kiddy palace selling at $130+ but with free gift. 4 years ago bot the same Braun at $85 from BP and it's not working now so buy again.

Janice, when u carry ur lit one, also nEed a seat!

I done my detailed scan. Bb is 1.8kg at 33wks.

Head is down so gg for normal delivery.

Back