(2011/07) July 2011

erm.. can someone share how is it like to go for waxing down under?? might want to go down before I pop.. like what to expect, what the person will do, etc. Thanks.

is it hot? is the feeling same like waxing under arm?

xinyue> i understand but tink i will continue to shave bahhh....hahahahaa...

ahhh....when she wan to come...can tell her u gg out mah...no one at home....hahahhaaa....then she wun come...

feimei > oh ok.. haha.. she very smart.. she will 'book' us in advance, can be one week in advance.

I am ok with her coming over, she also wants to see her son ma. But NOT when she comes every weekend. NOT when she started treating my place as her own. NOT when she starts to open my fridge and cupboard.. A bit no privacy..

Is not that we never visit her. We go to her place weekly for dinner..

xinyue> Hmmmm~~~yahorr...seem like her act, will give her a good chance to invade into ur hse easily.....i will expect my MIL to come by daily after bb is out becos her work place is near by n she say she can drop by easily....i was like~~~but i will tell my hubby...ask her go home n rest...hahahahhaa...no need to come... =P otherwise if any pain here n there...i dun wan to hold responsible.....

feimei > hai.. what to do.. hubby and MIL is a package.. imagine.. she keeping 'helping' us to get baby related stuffs.. it was till ytd that i managed to voice out my unhappiness to hubby (in a nice way la). hubby also agreed with me.. zZz. She enthu about the baby, is a good thing. but bad thing is she dunno when to stop! sickening. we also want to get baby related items ourselves.

waxing is quite fun leh.. they first snip off the hair first to shorter length. U can opt for less painful wax compared to normal wax..tink got price difference.

They will use a disposable ice cream stick to apply abt 2cm (width) to the hair and then abt few seconds later, juz pull it out using their hands. Of course they will hold our skin to be taut so that less pain and at the same time talking to u trying to distract ur attention.

to me the painful part is near our vagina where they will usually wax too..those hairs over there are the finest so usualy more painful.

hair growth will be slower, tink abt 3mths.. which is good. after delivery we will be getting heavy lochia flow so if we are hairless, it is cleaner too..

feimei, not sure how much wor, i tink < $60 bah. I oso forgot liao.

Pudding: I went Shun Li yesterday wanting to chk out on model and price of strollers but ended up buying one. Thanks anyway:)

ivfamily/zachmummy: I've only showered with my boy once in my swimsuit. Most of the time, he'll shower with his daddy. I'll bring my boy in with me when we're in the public toilet but i'll ask him to turn bk to help me secure the door to make sure no one opens the door. He'll oblige.

Feimei: I used to have a blog for my son, will update almost everyday. But i'm too lazy to continue writing liao. My last entry must be at least 6 months ago:p But it's really nice to look bk and read once in awhile. Dun think it's possible for me when no.2 comes along.

dancebb: I got a travel advise sheet from my gynae on standby when i saw him last week coz i might join my hb for his biz trip in KL in early May. My gynae post dated the travel chit coz he said some custom are very particular abt the date and might disallow me to board the plane if the letter is dated much earlier.

BW: I used to do it regularly before this pregnancy but stopped coz Strip will not do it before we're into the 4th month pregnancy. Nw i want to go bk but HB say better not coz afraid i might have allergy since hormone change, blah blah blah...If u've never done it before, i'm not sure if it's a gd time to start nw coz some ppl might have skin allergy. Better to call up and ask before doing. Price wise, it depends on which parlour. I signed up package with Strip and the price is abt $40+ each time if i'm not wrong. It's def quite painful for first timer, have to emphasize to them that its yr first time and they'll try to be gentle. Experienced waxer is very impt. Hope it helps.

i oso told my hb that last time when his mom kept sayign she wanna take care of my #1 full-time! I never tell him in a nice way because i dislike his mom in the first place..i juz said, she working for 2 hrs a day alr everytime say headache, sorethroat, cough, hand pain leg pain..take care of bb whole day for 5 days what will happen? I dun wanna be paying for her doctor fee hor.. tat really shut him off. he dun believe me at first but when his mom come to our place last time, never fail to drag him one side and tell him "my leg pain, my hand pain etc.."

i hate such ppl one leh.. cos i by nature m not those 'xiao nu ren' type..haha

Thanks, zachmommy/Cactus!!!

sound good that the waxing can last till 3mths long...ya...during heavy flow...hygenie is very impt...but all these while...i hv been shaving never tot of gg for waxing....dunnu shld i go???

thanks for all the feedbacks.. it sounds something like waxing for underarm.. maybe except the pain..

LoL.. i also nv go waxing down under before. tempted to but when I think of all the hard selling and also not sure which shop is recommended.. so keep putting off.. hmm..

u r right, zachmommy!!! that time MIL said wan to quit her job n look after bb n oso partly becos she can't walk long becos she is a office cleaner...need to walk n stand to do washing...soo she plan to quit the longer hours job, jus keep another one which she only requires to work 2hrs daily...thou i replied to her that we will be sending bb to infant care...dun trouble her...dunnu she drill into her mind anot...but after that, i hv been reminding hubby that he shld keep telling her mum, not to quit her job becos of our bb becos partly her leg oso pain...i dun wan after she look after bb...more pain come along n his brother n sister will blame us for asking their mum to look after my bb n get all the pains....u get wat i meant???? i dun wan to get into trouble...i rather spend the $$ to send bb to infant care....

FM, wat a coincidence..my MIL oso doing office cleaning job. Lol..scarly they are colleagues :p

at least i willing to give birth. My SIL told her hb (husband's brother) that she will not get pregnant if the bb end up being taken care by MIL! Haha.. she cant stand her at all and worse she is staying wif her now! Lolz.. every week i listen to her complaining abt how boh liao my MIL is.. "imagine they are all staying together and the last hour MIL spoke to her son is abt 11pm before all go to bed. Next morning 6am, my MIL call her son!!! 11pm - 6am is like 7hrs nia leh..n they are juz in the same house except MIL go to work liao and BIL still at home but was in the bathroom. My SIL @!$#% cos the phone rang non-stop at 6am!!" how boh liao can one get?

zachmommy> can understand how ur SIL feel....tat time before marry...she said if can't get hse...can oways stay w her becos her younger son moved out (tink my SIL oso cannot stay w in-laws kind of DIL), so they smart...buy resales liao then tell her....everything do 1st then tell her...so when we wan to buy resale...she comment this n tat...soo ex la...wait for new flat, cheaper...this n tat...but lucky my hubby tell her tat soo she wan to see her son becum father @ age of 40 or 50?? hahahhaaha....then she got shut up!!! realli dunnu how the folks think...thou my mummy not ard anymore to help me out...i oso no need much help fr MIL becos i m onli her DIL...somehow still not soo blood-related!!!! ahahhaahah....but lucky for me...she prefer her 2nd DIL more...soo beta to stick it that way...dun come n invade into my world!!!

Mabbe i cannot understand how she feel cos i never stay with MIL before..but at least her hb is okay with her not being home. She will ask her hb to go out for dinner the whole week with the excuse of meeting ppl, buy things etc..then friday night go back her mom's place till sunday night. that way she avoided my MIL totally!

This week i m so happy cos i dun hv to go to their place for dinner! Lolz.. so i double-boiled chicken soup with pao shen for myself and Zach.. 6hrs of boiling - lucky my son gave me some face and finish a bowl on his own.. :p

tink tmr can go buy cordyceps liao..

i think i shall boil mine oso...hv been sooo LAZY nowadays...after doing hsework during wkend...i hv 3/4 dead!!! hahahaha...but cordyceps quite ex leh...heart pain to buy...still need to buy birdnest...i m into my 3rd bottle liao...need to buy again...

i hv not been boiling bird nest diligently..so far onie took twice those boiled one and bottled onie once.. :p

summore my mom bought me packets of red dates tea for weekends i oso hv not boiled. onie 2 days for weekend, need to do so many things.. where got enuf space inside the stomach to eat so much.. i really dun hv appetite leh

yalol, wkend onli two days....jus a blink of eyes...stupig monday again....where got soo much time....i ate the concentrated birdnest worr...no patient to choose n pick the impurities fr the birdnest.... =P somemore next mth onwards, hv to start slowly washing bb clothings....arrhhh...soo many things to do n my gal happily 'cou bo' inside my tum tum...happily kicking n stretching....hahahahaha...

so far i oni took birdnest...every sun starting from 5.5mth onward...n oni 1 time boil black chhicken herbal soup...

ya lor feimei...cordyceps exp leh

Xinyue

Yes, after bb is out, more problem with mil will surface. In fact it is the biggest prob! Will have alot of disagreement one. Imagine I only see mil once a week I already don't like some of the things she teach my son. Coz those are boh Liao things! So yeah, you'll see!

is cordyceps meant more for bb or for mummy???

daph> tats y my stand is clear that i wan to put bb into infant care....n wan to avoid more conflicts w MIL....if she m to look after bb...think not only the things she teach bb will be boh liao...her way of doing might be their olden days method whereas we r new generation...how to accept her old days of doing???

hmm hashima i tink has similiar properties as bird nest but cheaper u might wanna try to save $? hmm but some ppl jus dun like hashima..

eh.. cordyceps has advantages for both bb n mummy feimei.. i tink i builds up e body.. but not sure if we can take them now with bb inside e tummy.. these chinese TCM thingy not my forte to adv.. :p

salute to ur SIL leh Zachmommy.. my SIL also stayin with her MIL i shld also salute her.. but my mum is okie lah give her space de.. lol..

but i cannot imagine ur MIL calling her sons every now and then so needy.. jia lat so many things to say meh?

wendy, correction to ur statement above..hahaha! My MIL call her sons (3 of them, 2 in SG and 1 in US) EVERYDAY for FEW TIMES! Haha..last time used to be 2x a day, 12.15pm (hb's lunch time) and another time late afternoon..now add another 9pm hoping can chat with my son! She will call them in sequential order..call my hb, call 2nd son then finally all the way to US!!! Sorry hor but my MIL dun hv concept of time.. she can call my hb when we were in HK at anytime of the day.. she dunno that roaming needs $$..

Worst thing is on our day of arrival back to SG, she got to know from her 2nd son that we will reach changi at 6.30pm, true enuf the moment hb turn on his phone, her calls start flooding in! Non stop type..n hb din pick up cos still waiting to disembark and gotta carry hand luggage..she call n call without stopping, u noe, as though someone just died and she need to get hold of him to tell him this urgent news? Finally my hb call her back 2hrs later after we clear custom, took dinner etc etc..and after that every hr she call him till 11pm plus.. hats off to her!

w160879> ekkk...i dun like Hashima...very wormy kind of feeling...hahahhahaa...but hubby loves it...i hv the mind set that i eating big fat worms....hahahahhaa...

Zachmummy: We chose Maclaren quest sport 2010 (black/scarlet) series. I told the lady to throw in freebies for consideration before i walk over to bb kingdom so she agreed and gave me a free liner that's worth $78. Chose chilli red. Awww... Happy de lor

Wow.. u chose 2010 version..expensive? Spring maternity is selling XT 2008 version at $398 and top up $20 for the comfort pack.. what u tink?

I m also curious wat she needs to say lor.. my MIL will call my hubby once in a while usually she calls means got things like she is sad she fight with FIL n stuff.. if not askin him when can he hav dinner .. y dun u try to ask ur hubby to call his mummy more often to show his concern .. mayb she got some needy issues realli v clingy to her sons..

(in this way hopefully she get to taste her own medicine.. like so irritating.. small things also call like ask her eat already? bath already? sleep how many hours? how she goes to work when everyday shld b e same way?) then mayb ur hubby will think wah this DIL so concern abt MIL wahahahahhahahaha

ya Feimei i tink it's got a certain texture n "smell" of sort tat makes u tink u r eating worms hahahaha but it's realli a lot cheaper than bird nest wor.. n same "effect".. :p

I m not sure if you guys roam in bulk purchase area for SMH... i jus reading some Goodbargains Coach Gucci bags seller.. i usually go in n c anythin new i can buy also.. :p but there is a war in there someone doubting the products real or not n making alot of uncalled for comments i read liao also find it funny got time go n read a bit i tink u also can hav some entertainment wahahahahha :p i tink i also v bo liao lah..

Zach: Quest can only sit from 3 months and above whereas XT can be used from birth. But for me, i prefer to use my sling when they're still small and tiny. So the first 3 months shld fly pass easily. Plus, if need be, i can borrow my sister's XT during the first 3 months. We're used to the super light weight Combi (4.2kg) so Quest is the lightest i cld find (5.5kg). Actually there's no diff in terms of design regardless of year of manufacturing, only diff is the colour. Quest 2009 series is nw selling at a promo rate of $279 but we wanted Red, so paid $338.60.

It seems to be a gd deal for the XT. Is it a member price? Perhaps u can call BB Hypermart to compare the price. I saw the XT 2009 series but din see the 2008. BB Hypermart will also be at the BB Fair in end April, they said there'll be freebies thrown in during the fair. If u can wait, why not. Meanwhile, see if Spring can allow u to reserve:p We din want to wait for the fair coz they're running out of stock for the Black/Scarlet and since i can get the free liner, we thought why not. Imptly, we're lazy to go Expo.

daph > that is exactly what I am worried about. MIL will teach kids some nonsensical stuffs.. But I also got to give them credit, some of their old fashioned stuffs actually make senses.

erm.. been boiling birdnest to eat almost every week. heard from another thread that the hashima is 'cooling' not sure how true. the cordyceps is very nice when boiled with black chicken but very ex..

for me, i soak the birdnest for few hours, then dump into slow cooker and cook. then eat it for either bkfast or supper..

haha.. my hubby also needs to 'report' to his mom aka MIL daily.

Ha, i think i'm the 'lower' class type. I actually prefer hashima to bird nest lei. Just like i prefer breast meat to drum stick. Weirdo, hee hee...

oh hashima is coolin ah.. wah thanks leh Xinyue for sharing otherw i also dunno tot same hahaha..

wah how come need to report everyday already married leh nvr report to wife report to mummy..

cactusnah.. i also like breast meat to drum or thighs .. :p not weird v common hehehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i oso prefer breast meat than other portion of the poultry becos boneless...easy to eat...hahahahaa...i m a lazy bum!!!!

mine no report to his mother but his mother will find excuse to call n tok lol...ask abt the stock market thing lah....then k k wan him to pass msg to me lah....dun do this, dun do that....hahahhaaa...buay tahan!!!!

wendy > I am not sure on how true is that.. best is to check with the ppl from medical hall..

I also thought hashima has same effect as bird nest till my dad says cannot eat hashima for now. not sure why also.

also find hashima smoother and taste nicer than birdnest. birdnest seems to have a fishy smell to me.

Good morning mummies,

I have a $50 TMC parentcraft voucher to let go at $40. It can be used for their services including Childbirth Education Class. It expires in Jun 2011. Pls PM me if interested. Thanks!

feimei > heehee.. I prefer thigh or drum. erm.. meat more tender there.. but i am lazy bum when it comes to eating fish. all the small small bones.. >.<

haha.. mine, he will just pass me the phone and the MIL will ask me things at times.

just realised i put on 3kg within a month.. worried about my glucose level now.. reporting to gynae next week.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hmm i jus need to chew my meat more to feel like i m eatin meat..

xinyue u realli like hashima more? hehehe well i like bird nest more :p but hmm i tink long term if same effects then need to chk if it is cooling or not..

eh.. my MIL dun realli talk to me she will also ask my hubby to "pass" msg to me if needed but mostly she dun interfere into my biz or my hubby knows so he wun let me answer e phone de.. :p

wah 3kg in a mth hmm try to cut some of e sugary food ba..

wendy > ya, hashima tastes better to me.. i like the smooth feel.. it looks like blobs of jelly to me..

hai.. think i really over ate. ya, need to cut down on my food portion.

I also prefer breast meat. no bones. easier to eat.

my dh also gotta call his mum everyday, though his mum din insist that he calls. before he met me, he was not as close to his mum. in fact seldom go to their hse or call them. my fault la, trying to bring them closer, so encourage him to call. nowadays, when he busy or forget to call a few days, she will call and ask what happened, why din call. hai

do we need to start input more fish during 3rd tri again??? i read somewhere...our bunny's brain start to develop into more adv stage...sooo another round of good source of DHA or Omega 3 is needed now....

xinyue> buy those slice cod fish which dun hv or lesser bone lol....steam it n eat...i will be eating tonight....really mus get out of my lazy bum butt n start eating my fish again...jus wan my gal to be more clever than me....hahahhahahaa...

i like breast meat too when having chicken rice..other than that I rarely like to eat chicken..haha. I dun fancy kfc or any form of fried chicken nor those stir fry type..last time used to love them but after preggy, no more liao..weirdo!

I love hashima leh.. but need to clean so abit mah fan, end up buying bottled one to drink. Save the hassle too..keke

wendy, my MIL really call to ask boh liao question.. every weekend morning 9am is "stil sleeping ah?" "What are u doing?" "What are you eating for breakfast?" if i were my hb i will reply "obviously i dun hv the answer cos I am still in bed" that's how i will answer back :p

then ard 1pm plus she will call again ask him what he had for breakfast, what is he doing now, coming back for dinner tmr or not..

then ard 4pm call again to check for updates.

come sunday same timing, ask if really coming back for dinner, if yes wat time etc..if he specify a timing and we are not by her doorstep, trust me the phone call will come. after her phone call, within 5 minutes still dun see us, call again. can u imagine how 'fan' that can be?

last time my youngest BIL went n park car and then din come up after 5minutes cos smoking downstairs, she call him 2x to ask him how come take so long to park car.. how clingy can one be? I always joke with my SIL might as well stuff all 3 boys back to her stomach and carry them ard..lolz

Cordyceps > My mum used to boil for me (with chicken) every week but then she read in TWO magazines that pregnant women cannot take cordyceps so she stopped and is forbidding me from taking. Am gonna check with my gynae cos many pple say it's good leh...

Fish > must be careful not to take those high mercury ones yah? And even for low mercury ones I think have to limit intake to prevent mercury poisoning.

MILs > oh dear some of your MILs sound really awful, poor thing! I can't imagine how I will be able to take my MIL calling my hubby so many times a day, why got so many things to say???

Waxing > I usually go to Strip and use the hot chocolate wax (supposed to be less painful). But usually only do the sides, really have to try to be brave and go for the full thing once before I deliver. My friend recommended I start going for the full thing now, to start getting used to the pain, but I think one time pain is more than enough for me...

hmmm i have not done any waxing before. maybe i shld really consider. what other good ones besides Strip? Cos someone here mentioned that they do hard sell right?

hi ladies

back at work. Yest was my #1's bd, brought him to Kids Amaze as he wanted to go there. glad to say, he's independent & in fact, made many friends, who were much older than him (sec & pri sch kids) when he was there playing by himself.

RE: MILs

luckily my mil not so loh soh..though my hub will call her daily to tell her whether we are taking dinner & some of the logs arrangement. Other than tt, nothing much..though between son & mother, there will still be things to talk abt when they meet. But my mil & sil's r/s is very gd, will yak on the fone daily for several minutes one.

heheh..i was also rather irritated w my fil as he chose to call in the morn when i was busy getting my #1 ready for his cc & myself for work. So I 'complained' to my #1 & the next time my fil called, he picked up & told him: "Ye Ye. ni bu yao zhao shang da lai. wan shang." from then on, no calls in the morn as yet..

i also never do waxing b4..cant imagine doing down there..heheh..think i'll be rather paisey w the person who is gg to wax.

for my #1, i rem the nurses helped to shave prior to delivery. dun hv any prob w regrowth leh..think i was more concerned with the pain from the bottom as still recovering from the labour pains/epitosomy.

quite worried abt the pain cos my pain was very intense for my #1..hopefully its becos of induced labour which made the pain intense & not the normal labour.

hihi all mtbs

i also nv do any waxing before....but will consider to do so cos think is really better as aft delivery our "auntie" will visit for almost 1 mth...better more clean.

is it true menses will come 1 mth??? exp mum pls advise

Back