(2011/07) July 2011

tink she oso boost up her hubby n ready for ML...hahahaha...she find all sorts of way lah...jus wan to overwirte her mum's path...

actualli e birth mark thingy is old wives tale i choose to believe .. :p hehe i goin to wear open toes ..

FYI if u goin to c sect deliver bb.. mus not wear nail polish also k like any other op lah coz they need to c ur nail colour i tink..

hmm.. XW nvrm lah time will fly.. u can do all after u give birth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] another 6 mths or so ..

Px22 u 1st to pop ah.. i hav a feelin i will pop earlier than EDD.. hehehe will u become a june mummy hehehe :p

p2xx, congrats on your baby girl!!

feimei, ya lor.. all the symptoms i have is like haivng boy.. haha.. pimples, looking ugly.. pointed stomach etc. =p But i am happy so long it is healthy. Just disappointed for one day and it is over. Since can try again and again.. haha.. As long as we are one happy family!

Happy that friday is finally here!

morning all! was on half day yesterday and later this afternoon thus went MIA hee ...

jas, congrats!!! you can close factory after that hehee

Wendy, me also feel i will pop end of June leh.. Though my EDD is 9th July.. haha! Just a feeling.

px22, my mum got five daughters lor!! =p

cary

thanks! yes yes, can close factory after this.

time to go shopping for my princess!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

we haven give birth to #1,think of conceiving #2 liao?

haha

i hv been reading a lot b4 i got preggie,juz for fun of it.here's some tips:

Every woman has eggs that contain X chromosomes. If the sperm that fertilizes the egg contains a Y chromosome, the woman will give birth to a baby boy. However, if the sperm that fertilizes one of these eggs contains another X chromosome, she'll give birth to a daughter.

When a man ejaculates, between 200 and 400 million sperm are released into the woman's vagina. Some of these sperm contain Y chromosomes, while others contain X chromosomes. However, only one sperm is needed to fertilize an egg. All theories regarding how to conceive a boy using at-home gender selection are based on the belief that couples can create an environment that gives an advantage to the sperm containing the Y chromosome.

TO CONCEIVE BOY:

have intercourse no more than 24 hours before ovulation to no more than 12 hours past ovulation. deep penetration from your partner will deposit sperm closer to the cervix, allowing the more aggressive Y sperm to get a head start in fertilization

wendy and w160879, I think I will pop in June too haha (my EDD is 6 Jul) cos my boy came out 3 weeks earlier then hee ...

jas, princess got soooooo many pretty things ... buy more!!!

still abt boys:

Evening Primrose Oil supplements are thought to help women conceive sons by increasing the production of higher quality cervical mucus. Many women also believe taking Guaifenesin tablets during the five days before ovulation will help thin out cervical mucus that is too thick, thus improving the odds of conceiving a son. Potassium supplements are also sometimes said to benefit women who are trying to have boys.

- Change your diet to include lots of red meat, salty snacks, and cola soft drinks.

-Let your partner initiate sex and focus on his pleasure. Legend says if the man climaxes first, you'll conceive a baby boy.

-Schedule your lovemaking sessions for odd numbered days of the month.

Have sex at night, preferably when there's a quarter moon in the sky.

-Have as much sex as possible, since many people believe more boys are conceived during the "honeymoon" phase of a relationship.

-Have the man drink coffee before sex, since this causes the sperm with Y chromosomes to become more active

wendycsk> ya mann, i oso hv feeling that i m hving a princess lol...thou i got the same symptoms as u too...hahahaha...no much disappointment on #1 la...still can hv #2 or #3 lol...as long u r happy!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wendy, think your company will bring forward your maternity leave hee ... that time I didn't plan on definite date to go ... so when pop liao, start maternity leave heehe

hi feimei, yes! One happy family is most important than having girl or boy. =) As long as hubby dote on us!

Hi cary, oic! Hehe.. will see how it goes!

This weekend will be busy comparing the insurance policy. But definately will buy the PruFirstGift as it cover insurance for baby and mum from 20th weeks onwards! =) I need to get myself a life plan as well cos i realized mine is endowment plan which after 40+ will cease and my coverage is really low. =p

conceive girl:

have sex 2 1/2 to 3 days BEFORE ovulation in order to increase your chances of conceiving a girl. Having sex closer to ovulation will dramatically decrease your chances of conceiving a girl. The timing of intercourse in relation to ovulation is a vital factor in increasing your chances of having a girl

- Intercourse further away from ovulation favors the larger slower moving X (girl) sperm. The weaker Y (boy) sperm will die more quickly in the more acidic preovulatory vaginal / cervical secretions and by the time of ovulation there will be a much larger concentration of X (girl) sperm available to fertilize the egg. shallow penetration from your partner, preferably with the missionary position, will deposit the sperm closer to the entrance to the vagina.

pinkyrose> DH did all that.. he's a junkie. No vege, all meat and potato chips, we ML every night, he drinks coffee and coke like plain water.. He achieves "ahhhmm" first.. We did everything u mentioned and its still a girl.. So i think luck is the only crucial factor here..

wendycsk> ur mum power. I wonder how she did it.. my mum stopped at 3 she didnt want to gamble anymore hahah

Wendy (w160879)> I tot hair dye is due to the chemicals, not really birth mark thing? And yes I also think I will pop in June before my EDD..

still tinking dunnu to take 3 or 4mths ML leh...if taking 3mths meaning will send bb to infant care at his/her 3rd mth lol...quite heart ache... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mummy with #1 n #2 already....how often do we need to bring bb to polyclinic for injection???

feimei- no leh...i dun target want boy or girl for #1... but i was TTC for a few months but fail so i start reading...

the more i read,the more i stress so we finally told ourselves not to 'try' too hard coz the harder u try,the more it wun happen

so when we were a bit more relaxed, we hit bullseye.haaahaa

hi cary, hahahaha! For me hor, CNY is resting at home, cos only 2 relatives from my mum's end in Singapore. For hubby's side, they dun go visit de but people come to their house and hubby will be working thru CNY cos he operates coffeeshop, so no break.. so normally i go back my mummy's place or help out like last year. This year got excuse dun need help out lor! haha!

Px22, my mum wanted a boy so badly.. so she tried and tried. She actually accompany me to scan that day and she knows how i feel when i fail to have a bb boy, den she told me she tried 5 times and i still have chance. She jokingly say that "she will have to bang wall when 5th is a girl" but yet she didnt and welcome the 5th baby and never shed a tear when all are all girls. =) Though i knew it must be so disappointing to her, but all five daughters are very close to her and i felt it is blissful enough.

feimei, I bring my #1 for jabs at the PD ... they will let you know when to go for the jab one ... same for polyclinic.

px- haahaaa. ya la these are just tips and not 100% guarantee,chop will get wat u want.

luck and fate also plays a part..

but no worries la..

girl is gd..can dress up,tie hair,go mani pedi together...

i forgot wat was mine like so i cant predict ours will be a girl or boy.though i feel like im carrying a boy.

wait till my scan on 1feb...then after that maybe i can recall wat happened on the lovey dovey night.haha

Hi feimei, i felt maybe you will want to take 4 months if you are breastfeeding as well? I just that we as first mum will find that 3 months are not enough to settle the first since we are so inexperienced. haha! As well as the new emotional and new things we gonna learn each day!

ya wendycsk.. my mum also sms me last night say "I have 3 daughters and i feel happy. Your MIL has 2 sons and she kpkb everyday. Heck care ur mil, this is your baby.." hahaha

hi mummies.... had a sudden pain jus nw at left side of my tummy ;( pain til i faster inform kelics beside mi. she was shocked when see mi pain til my tears drop ;( ask mi am i ok. awhile later the pain goes away. can feel the pain is on & off lo... she say bb noti. must be a boy. lolzzz... still yet to confirm ;) N tell mi dis pain is normal. during gv birth the pain will be double. oh gosh i told her... dis pain already can make mi cry liao. if in labour dunno hw!! lolzzz....

wendy, no wonder hehe ... so it's a rest period for you then [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] For me, the busy day is day 1 and after that is own time own target haha

hi Px22, yes!! My mum also encourage me after my scan and wsa worried. =) I wanted a boy more as wanted hubby's parents to be happy. But come to think of it, both sex are so cute and adorable right! And it is the best gift. Some really tried very hard to get a baby, so have to stay grateful!

pinkrose> u r right...when read up all these things...will incurr more stress on the couple...we oso not planned the 1st time n i got m/c...thats y i start to read up what cos my m/c so that 2nd try will be more better...hahahahaa...anyway...all those r for info...hv or dun hv, still God's gift n our lucky whether to hv the fate with the bb anot...soo still let Nature take it's own place!!!!

cary> so u taking 3 or 4mths?

wow, wedding night we just doze off.. so tired!! Have to drag to shower even! Haha.. We got married in Jan and actually have protected sex till we have our honeymoon trip in last Sept.. haha.. And cant believe time flys so fast! 5 more months to see bb!

feimei, I'm just taking 2 months [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the remaining 2 months will take randomly within the next 12 months hee

px/wendcsk> so nice of ur mums...what they say true lol...y mus c in-laws face whereas bb is with us all the time...not with them...hahahaha...and oso as long as bb grow up to be guai n filial...who cares if boy or gal...

ladies, since we are at this topic,just curious...when was ur wedding and after trying for how long u conceived?

i start the ball rolling. we got married on 070809. and we planned not to hv baby for 1st year.but not on any contraceptives.

we started on aug 2010..and 'tio' only in end oct/early nov.so took me abt 3 or 4 months of trying.heeee

wendcsk> yes...in all mummy heart...thats what we wan eventually...gal or boy dun really matter so much!!!

feimei> true.. But i also scared later bb is out and MIL doesnt dote on her cos its a girl.. and bb ask me "why ah ma so cold to me" (MIL will one.. she's evil monstress)

Wahhh like tat will be very sad.. Heng my mum is the one taking care of her..

my turn next, hehe..

For me, i got married on 16th jan 2010. We have protected sex till September as we go honeymoon later. Made love ard 3-4 times i think after menses and after we came back from honeymoon. And here we got the baby princess!

wendy: if you don't mind sharing your insurance policy research results when you're done, that would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] though my baby will be covered for medical stuff under my company policy, but guess i still need "proper" coverage since i won't be working here forever?

have a good weekend all! will be out of office this afternoon for a charity event, expect to have to catch up on many archived posts later this weekend haha.

Baby: i cooked my own cos outside ones arent very nice! Too much flour ;-/

Okay since pinkyrose started, heres mine.

We got married on 21.02.2010 and have been trying ever since, only tio in October, after 8 months!

Was aspiring to conceive during honeymoon but didnt wotk out heehee!!

Px22, me have the same worry but my mil still comfort me etc and say is the same, but i know in her heart she wants a bb to carry name but since she knows i carry bb girl, she didnt change her behavior to me. my sil is giving birth in june and also expecting a baby girl.. haha.. so she carry 2 bb girls at a time! hehe..

hi coopie, no problem at all! I will definately share with you my findings! Ya, me also think must cover fast and now got baby even need to think of future. Cos we dun stay in company till very old right and the older you buy the policy, the more expensive the policy is. So, better buy now and where we have alittle extra cash while still working.

Px22 - How about those hair dye which are chemical and amonia free... Cost a little more but at least can color meimei for CNY...

Wendycsk - I'm also planning to get PruFirstGift as it cover insurance for baby and mum from 20th weeks onwards... Not expensive too around $300

Back