(2011/07) July 2011

w16087> yes, this is the one i bot beside this, i bot the cushion support as well...so it will not be as curve ya~~~

feimei > not mountain turtle la.. just that need some time to get familiarise with FB..

yaya > no news is good news.

janice > somehow, i have the mindset that, c-sect or natural is not up to us to choose. however, we can choose with epidural or GA..

Agree with xinyue is not up to us to choose..

Like my best friend she had a strong mind set not to use epidural n natural birth at 1st but then her labour was too long thus end up she got no choice but to use it. In order to retain her stamina to push. The doctor did mention that she might need to c-sect . But then luckily she manage to push her bb out so end up she dun have to c-sect.

Just in case u all wanna noe roughly the bill size. She took 1 bedded at Mount A total $5500 before medisave. So after deduction of $2100 the total cash out was $3400. Her labour was long so extra one more nite charge @ $400 plus (included in $5500).

xinyue can can choose c sect jus cannot choose natural for sure [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] n ya wheth u wan epidural or not.. is impt coz by time of labour i tink difficult ba..

feimei so can sleep afternoons in tat seat ah? i shld have bot my maxi cosi cabrio tat day at MC then it's $199 can fit into my Quinny but it's only up to 1 yr old i remind myself not to overspend.. :p confused me..

SG Red Cross is doin all it can for Japan's earthquake i will try to do my part by donating .. some $

i oso drank coconut drink at my 34 weeks onwards..once/twice per week. But i myself dun like coconut drink so I always drink few sips n pass the rest to my hb.

It's so that when bb is born, they're cleaner, no white patches like what other mummies said and not so 'bloody' too..

marico > thanks for sharing the bill. $5500 is nett price? inclusive of all charges for baby and also all doctors' fees?

re: coconut water

I also heard, last 2 weeks before our pop, we drink so baby will be clean and dont have jaundice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: donations

heehee i was thinking if we can donate as MTB July 2011 :p

w16087> shld be able for napping bahhh....ya, the gal oso asked me to go down MC @ harbourfront to grab the maxi cosi @ $199...hahaha...but lazy to travel there leh...somemore limited pcs...sekali all the way there...no more liao...hahahhaa...

i already made my donations liao!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] internet banking for DBS onli available tonight whereas ocbc n uob is available now...

= Rice Wine =

Hi, I have 10 bottles of rice wine left from my confinement and willing to let go at $10 per bottle (negotiable if buy all 10 bottles). Taste sweet and yellow colour.

Collect between redhill mrt to clementi mrt. If you are interested pls pm me or e-mail me at [email protected].

Wendy> hmm...how do u feel after e c-section? like is it especially painful? recovery time? extra care for e wounds? need to follow up wif e gynae? anything to share wif us?

marico> really? $5500 for e total? which year has she delivered? i m afraid e whole delivery fee can easily go up to $10k.

zachmommy> i see, thanks for sharing..ok i think i will start drinking a coconut in the first week of july.

Hi ladies

Today on mc..started yest morn with sudden running nose..tot will get better but didn't..co decided to take mc to rest..but not my habit to take naps..so shall see how lah. My boy is so sweet..cos last night he saw me sneezing non stop so this morn, when i woke up, he asked me whether I'm feeling better..^_^

RE: Coconut drink

cant rem when i drank in my last pregnancy but def last few mths..not advisable to drink now as I heard it is too cooling.

RE: BB names

who else hv thought of names of bb already? Hmm..Hub & I were discussing what names for bb..hmm..if u all noticed my nick, might give u an idea why i chose..hee..so bb name will hv to start with "Iv" as well..any suggestions?

Janice

I'll still opt to go for natural, w/o epidual..unless really cannot take it. My #1 was born natural w/o epidual..not tt i hv gd pain tolerance but not in time..kekek..or mabbe my boy helped me save $$ cos I wanted to try w/o epidual 1st to see the pain level but by e time I wanted to get it, it was not in time, bb coming out then..so gd in a way cos my labour abt 2 hrs frm e time my gynae burst my waterbag...hopefully, this time round will be just as fast but less painful.

ivf> my fren is called Ivy, hubby is Ivan, daughter is ivalyn, son call ivasen.. trust her to rack her brains over these..

Feimei hehe i made it on Sat to get e $199 maxi cosi v limited pieces .. so unless u more than confident betta not rushed down..

Jan-ice dear.. i was "prepared" for c sect coz i selected e date for c sect ..pain wise to me not much i recovered pretty fast coz i m sucker for pain hahaha i tot it shld b v much more so realli cannot compare ba .. i gave birth at 2341 n by 0530 I could feel my legs i started walking liao.. it was quite painful to walk then but i was so anxious to see my son so motivated ba..

c-sect u usually need to stay extra day in e hospital.. i had to go back to remove stitches on day but hehe coz no natural experience i dunno if natural need to remove stitches.. u might note tat u gotta keep ur wound dry they usually give a a waterproof plaster v big can cover but makes bathing a lil tougher for me.. 1st few days need to sit n bath.. when u remove e stitches u might hav tendency to wanna rub or scratch coz it will be kinda itchy as your wound heals..

hehe ask me more if u need to know more i realli dunno wat to share..

oh yes my frenz wore a brace/girdle after c sect as well to "hold" e wound in place i din coz i found it v warm n e pain was tolerable.. :p

Px

hahah..think u can tell ur friend, there's also another family like hers around..though our names are all 4 characters starting with "Iv". Honestly, would love to meet ur friend someday..hee..

ivfamily > i alriz tot of e names (christian name + chinese name) for my bb gal. i spent a few sleepless nites thinking of a unique name starting wif 'j' as both mine and hubby names start wif e letter 'j'. j&j coy..hehee..now its e triple j. anyway its easy to come out wif boys names starting wif j but not for gals. giving me headache thinking of one for her.

wendy> thanks for sharing...i wanna go for natural but i m worried abt paying 2 fees. so i cant decide now. u r brave man! so ur c sect is e whole body numb or e epidural? why wear e girdle? is it coz got a tummy out after c section? i saw one of my nieces. after delivery naturally, her stomach is flat. of coz she belongs to e skinny type.

marico> like tat, then its not as bad as wat i hv tot. but too bad, my gynae only go to TMC. i think my side's fee wont be as low as ur fren. any1 heard of tmc delivery fees?

i m starting to get worried abt so much stuff..$ not enough and sometimes i will wake up touching my stomach to see whether my bb is still there. is this e sign of depression? geezzzz...-_-

ivf> maybe u can! she is the director of Phase Hairdressing.. opp bugis junction's Mos burger... u can try go cut hair i have been with her for years

Jan-ice - dun worry too much on bills.. If any cases need to Emergency c-sect as long as ur doctor nv sew ur "V" then i think they onli will charge on c-sect onli.. And as for c-sect medisave also deduct more so i guess the bill will not be in great difference..

Jan-ice u dun worry so much abt ur hospital bill size at a later time when more or less confirm u okie to deliver naturally then u decide ur class.. like 1 bedded or wat.. then worry abt e bill then they will give u estimated bill size n u can ask them for emergency c sect how?

hmm i tink e girdle hold e wound so when u walk or move u wun "shake" e wound too much.. i dun tink i m brave i m motivated by my child .. :p i tink it's epidural or LA coz it's abt 6 hrs then no more liao i "witness" e whole birth in a way.. can talk to my gyn n i asked for my hubby to b in..

i only know i m v silly de.. when i knew i needed c sect for sure i cried like mad n was on mc coz i cried too much for days .. my elective c sect 11pm+ rite at 8pm i still ask e doc my bb got turn or not hahahahahahahaha..

hi mummies, sorry side track abit.

Anyone managed to buy maternity support stockings (also known as compression hose) which are suitable for wearing on flights? Heard they help to promotion blood circulation and prevent deep vein thrombosis. I went into all the maternity shops in Tamp One and Tamp Mall but none of them selling it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I think only certain shops in town have?

hi ixoral... i happened to see few brands of compression hose in Watsons (Suntec outlet)...but i am not sure if this is what you are looking for. it is specially for ppl going on long flights. is it the one? you can check out. but if you are refering to just normal maternity stockings, then i am afraid here don't carry. i tried looking as well but cant find. in the end i order online or you can buy a larger size from marks & spenser.

Hi mummies,

i am from the March thread...

would like to let go some brand new bravado bras that i have bought extra. All bras letting go at $38.

collection at yishun/sembawang

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

1)The original nursing bra (blush - size L : 38-42 C-D)

2)The body silk seamless nursing bra (pink ice - size L)

3)The body silk seamless nursing bra (ivory - size XL)

4)The lifestyle mircofiber nursing bra (hot Pink - size 38D)

pm me if u are interested....

no prob ixoral...for maternity stockings, i also tried Neu look and Topshop but the largest size still look very tight at the waist. Not sure about M&S though coz i order online liao. The one i ordered has a bigger allowance at the tummy area which can cover & support...just FYI.

Px

wow..she opens a hair salon. Kekek..wonder got any discount since we r 'similar'. But I'm also the lazy type to travel so fair for hair cut ^_^..usually will hv my hair cut at JP instead.

Janice

Hmm..names starting w J for girls...can only think of Jacqueline, Jolene, Jessica, Josephine..hmm..rather typical names..for unique ones, really hv to crack our heads.

Dun worry abt the fees..worrying is no gd for little bb ..

ST> thx thx! btw where u buy online from?

Janice> online has websites which compile baby names by alphabets..can run thru those too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

marico> oh like that one.

wendy> now u got ur chance to go for natural delivery. at least u hv been thru once, so this time round you wont be so nervous. i hv alriz decided to go for 2 bedded since this will be my one and only time having baby. after tat, i m closing my 'old' rusty factory. hehee..

ivfamily> yeah not easy to find bb gals name starting from 'j' right? hehee..

ixoral> i hv done that but unable to find something unique.

ivfamily/ixoral> no worries, i alriz burst my brains overnite and come out wif something alriz. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Janice> hubby and i not gg for any 'fanciful' names.. just wanted smthg sweet sounding and girly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] We're actually deciding between Nicole and Ashley.. hee any opinions? :p

Janice > Jaelle, Jael, Jaella, Jaelyn, Jacey, Jacinth, Jacinta, Jackie, Jaclyn, Jade, Jaden, Jadyn, Jaime, Jalene, Janice, Jamie, Jocelyn, Jaiyana, Jacee, Joelle etc...

can go online search.. got alot of selections for girls ar!

Emily, cos i didnt sign up for their tmc member card. If hav, i think will b 120+..

Ixoral, the clinic havent receive. Jus call n so probably tomorrow. Jenny told me if got prob, the hospital will call dr tan on the spot. So if dun hav, means all okay.hear liao, more relieve but i still worry loh..

ixoral...i order online at asos.com...its free international shipping now...the maternity clothes all very nice...

jan-ice...i like jenna, jermaine, jeraldine

i also like sharmaine..but mine is boy so cant use.

Jan-ice dear I hope so ba if i can go natural n feel e labour pain I will b v contented ..

take heart a 1st time mummy fren of mine gave birth naturally bb weighs 3.8kg without epidural so hehehe possible de..

dun tink too much abt e birth process ba but mus b prepared to make decisions fast when needed .. there were some major issues on my child birth .. whenever I tell the stories the ppl will laugh..

I know a family of Js.. 4 Js hubby n wife both Js e 2 kids (girls)both J so everytime it's JJjj goin out.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ST> hey i like jenna or jermaine..not bad

wendy> i guess just let nature takes its course. so many Js.. one is enough for me. wat if my 2nd one is a gal again..can faint.

Jan-ice finish this one then tink of bb2 ba haha u like boy mah so next one will b boy okie hav some hope [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hehe yes nature takes its course

ST u can try sharman or sherman? hehehe

A-- I can tink of Abel?

I think girls name is easier to choose than boys..

Went to taka fair ytd to shop for my boy, it seems like nothing much. Girls have so many pretty stuffs to buy.. haha

wendy> no la, one is enough. u know this one i used those techniques posted in website for a baby boy. but still ended up a gal. sianz.. i m not trying anymore.

u know my gf said baby gal is good in a way, can collect dowry and collect red packets from those wedding tables when she got married. well its comforting to me coz i really hope to hv a baby boy. even my 2 dogs are boys too. so can u imagine my not-100%-joy of pregnancy now.

hehe minolta01 i managed to buy a lot of boys stuff too like disney mickey mouse PJs.. water bottles.. last time i buy socks n food too hehe.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back