(2011/05) May 2011

Dolly

Thats good! I cant nap as need to look at figures and do calculations.. Eyes blur blur liao.

Val

Take care & rest eh! When is your next appt?

Christine

Congrats!! Which week u in le when u know yr gender?

Auroa

I hope to see this gender this Fri check-up. But got a feeling like bb may not be co-operative eh....

vv, I on hospital leave last week cause I told doc I have finish up all my 14 days if MC earlier...really jialat right.

Auroa, Jerejoy, thanks...just now before lunch went toilet again to check..seems like the spotting gone liao.

Just back from lunch at 2pm, had sakae sushi..keke..

bbpooh, congrats to you!! I love all the gals clothes..went shopping last sunday and realise nothing much to buy for my boy as he can wear his gou gou one. Only bought a few pairs of socks for him..

Val, take care and drink more water. Hope you get well soon.

Recently a lot of ppl ask me what gender is my baby, then I told them is boy, most of the answer will be " har, boy again!"..how come the answer like that. Boy or girl also not within my control mah..boy also not bad wat..then they say nowadays ppl like to have girl..hear all these comment made me so upset.

Wayne

Its ok la... Dun bother wat others say. I was reading a Book earlier - which I read during #1 and I took it out and read again now during #2. It also mentioned about "outsiders" advice & comments. Basically, we pregnant ladies just have to turn a deaf ear to whatever pple say especially those not to our liking. Unless those really good advice de, we can take note/jot down for future reference. When I had my #1, my MIL kept complaining say why boy arh, blah blah, she expecting mine to be gal la, blah blah. I understand how u felt.

Most important is baby's health and how we bring them up. Girl or Boy is just our own preferences. Dun care about all these comments. My mom is also one of them that kept saying things like, "Wah what if this one #2 is boy again, how arh...", etc. I also turn a deaf ear.

thanks ladies for ur concern. will go and take more rest once i settle some work and before i go fetch my boy from my mum =)

mudppie,

ur appetite is gd =)

vv,

my apptment is tml. hehehe. finally aft 6long weeks!!! going to bring my med prescribed by company doc to my gynae and see if he says ok to take.

wayne_mummy,

oh dear. hope u are alright.

mayb get a new set of clothes for #2 so when he gets discharge from hosp he has a new set to wear at hm and oso mayb another set for the baby shower?? ya, drinking lots of water nw but duno why, i feel giddy....

dun be bothered by wat ppl says abt the gender. 1 side in, the other side out. dun be upset ok. Kids are gifts from God and be it boy or gal, they are our very own child =) some ppl are just commenting for the sake of commenting =)

vv..thanks for your advice..after my mum knows mine is a boy..she says also good, boy very cute..yty my grandparents knows the gender and my they are very happy..all along the old generation prefers boy..and hor my grandpa still tell my mum my 2nd boy should change surname to my dad cause my dad no boy..and my mum faster says cannot..this only happen in tv series and olden time..I was there and I pretend not to hear..I will never agree..both must bear my hubby's surname one lor..

vv..I think you have a good chance to have a girl..somehow I feel that if until now the scan still cannot tell, most prob is girl..if boy, very early can tell liao. I know mine at week 15.

Hi Mummies:

Im from May 2010 thread, Im selling away a brand new Avent steriliser at $150/-. Please text me at 97714797 or PM me. Self collect.

Thanks

Anne

Val - take care and rest well.

Wayne - no stress = no spotting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] take it easy ya! I think some ppl just like to comments la..let them be. For u, they commented like "huh boy again" if u have 2 girls, they will also comment "huh, all girls? no boy ah? go for another one lo" this is very common..hehe..and it happens on my family too :p

So I normally don't announce preg or gender to them until close to delivery..hehe..am very bad rite?

My inlaws just learnt about me preg last weekends..actually we thought only tell them somewhere X'mas but one of the uncle wanna drop by our place to pick up things..so bo pian liow

Val

Wow, thats so fast for u, I also wish mine is tml too. HeeHee. Im also like u, quite scared of taking GP med during pregnancy. Still rem, during #1, I dun even dare to take a single med from GP no matter how sick I was. I was super gan cheong during #1.. Hahahahaa... Quite unfair hoh.

Wayne

Yup. As u can see, your own close immediate families are all okay with your #2 being boy. At least this is sth which u must feel glad for. Because these are the closet pple whom u will see almost everyday. And I can see they are very supportive of u. As for other pple, just take it them as singing lor. Like wat Val said, some pple just say it cos they dunno what to comment le mah.

Mine arh... Actually I would like to have a girl this time round. But I have a strong feel its a boy. Maybe becos my gynae made a guess during my 3rd month and said its a boy cos can see the birdie. But hor, I think 1st 3 mths hor, all got small little birdie de, until come 4 mths, then if girl; will shrink in. Then boy, will "shoot" longer in length. I had watched one video that showed like tat la... Last scan @ 16 weeks, bb closed legs, so cant see. :-(

My fren was one example. 12 weeks scan; gynae cfm boy. 16 weeks scan, gynae cfm boy again. Then come to 20 weeks scan, then cfm is girl. So she was kinda disappointed at 1st cos was given "false hopes".. Heeheee, but now she had accepted and was waiting for her arrival of princess happily.. :)

Wayne's mummy: Well, i dun see why they're so upset coz you have a boy. I think both boy or girl is ok as long as they're healthy. You take care ya?

Can i check how many mummies are currently exploying a helper (A.K.A. maid)? I got someone who is keen to come over to help me but i will need to get a maid agency to do all the paperwork and liaisons. So wondering if you all got any good contacts? Thanks!

mummies : anyone watched "Dream Potter" on channel 8, every monday evening? after watching, personally think that as long as the bb or child is healthy... i/we will be happy...

Apple, very hard for me to hide cause of my tummy showing very early..but my in laws still dunno the gender..think I will tell them after the detail scan. Dun want to tell them now cause they hoping for a gal also..

vv..really arh..actually my gynae say most prob is boy and he show me the birdie from his butt's view. Maybe ask him to confirm again next sat.

Your friend wanted a boy?? I think either gender is ok mah..once you deliver, you see the cute face..you will melt liao..which mother will really care is boy or girl..most impt first thing is baby is healthy.

Wayne

Yeah but I think 1st 3 mth scan gender not accurate de. Maybe from 18-20 weeks scan should be quite zhun liao. So ask yr gynae again next week. Heeheee

I remembered when my boy borned and put in front of me, the 1st thing I see was; his eyes and mouth, and all organs ok bo.. etc.

Ya, but her #1 already boy. And she tot that #2 also boy is better cos can share share clothes.

vv..you very cute..how to see the baby organ ok bo leh...the first thing I see is he is so cute..cannot believe he is my baby..but hor this one I like not much of a feeling leh..very bad mummy..not as kan cheong when I have my #1.

And my boy, the moment he is born, know how to look at camera..keep looking at my hubby taking photos of him, eyes big big...

Ic..girl also can share the newborn clothes..I think is unisex, only bigger than got to buy dresses...harder to share.

apple,

thanks =) still slogging in front of the laptop nw. hehehe.

vv,

i waited 6weeks le...ask me to wait longer think i will call in and says i nt well and schedule a last min apptment liao. hahaha.

Hahaha. Actually not say unfair la, just that 1st preg will be more kiasu, kiasi..me oso mah...1st preg, avoid cold drinks n ice cream but nt for this current one. hehehe.

as for med, coz my gynae will always ask me to show him the med from gp if i am sick so i kind of used to it le must let him see all the med before taking lo. so today, just relying on slp n drinking of water nia.

dolly,

agree. so long as baby healthy and happy, boy or gal oso gd =)

Dear Mummies,

I have:

1) An almost brand new My Brest Friend pillow for sale @ $70.

Used only a few times.

2) Preloved Philip Avent Dual Electric breast pump selling for

$250. Used for 1 month. Still have 6 months warranty. Its an

U.S. set.

Both items self collection @ Tiong Bahru.

If interested, pls call 81828574. Thanks

Wayne

Yeah la. Cos I worried ma. U know, when last time during #1, I kept worrying about his organs la, dunno how la, cannot sleep la. I have so deep feelings towards #1. He was like my precious little one lo.. Tis one hor, #2; I think u & me same feel la. Its not that dun have feel, just that not so intense. But am sure, once born, we will also treat them like precious little gift de.. My boy nb tat time, keep looking @ things lo... So cute..

Val

Dun over-work yeah. I am like tat too when am on leave / mc from work.. Still facing computer non-stop... bad habit lor..

Yup, I also like tat, avoid so much things initially. Now 2nd one, a bit more relaxed liao.

hi mommies & daddies

please do cast a vote for my little girl if you have a minute.

thank you so much for your kindest support

she is on page 1, Rice Lauren Xinru, 3 years old

to help vote please click here - http://www.lokimedia.com.my/gapcastingcall/

then choose "Singapore"

thank you once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies... i am back, made a weekend trip to malacca...just came back last night.. so tired now.. let me catch up on the archives.

BTW: i enjoyed the outing last fri, we should do it again soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

read all the crab posting.. heheh i also like crab.. chillie crabs.. but i tot we are not suppose to take, wold wives tale, say bb next time will be damn notti.. heheheh.

Wayne: take care. Hope u r feeling bette.

Re: spotting:

Actually, i have not experience any spotting at all since preggy but on sun night, at malacca, i saw a spot of fresh blood on my panty liner.. is this considered spotting, freaked me out.. but it was ok after that, no more. should i be worried, need to call doc? any advise?

Morning Mummies

Dolly

I was just searching high & low for yr "morning call". Then realised yours is up there.. Heeheee. Wat did u have for breakfast? Any more Chwee Kuay?

Paulyn

Thymes sounds very familiar. Used to be a rather popular brand last time... really quite some time ago. U looking for maternity?

Starfruit

Oh, do u have cramps & all? Better call gynae and inform to see whats the next coutse of action eh. Fresh blood a bit weird eh. Call & update us ASAP ya.

Have u been overly-tired recently or over-exerted yourself?

vv : hahaha... sigh... really don't know what to eat... my maid has been preparing "BLT" s/w for me, eat untill sian liao...

starfruit : better called up your gynae & checked...

dolly: read about ur girls fungus infection on the mouth and tongue, is she better now? hey u can soak her toys in water with the bb bottle cleanser, can clean quite effectively this way too. dun use too much dettol, may not be good for them at this age. if u dun have sureclean, can just use this method for now.

Apple, i bought tons of sureclean, all chucked at one corner,hahah must check if there is any expiry date!! i love the sure clean green apple disinfectant small spray bottle. heheh very handy i bring around and spray on all the hi-chai8rs before i seat my ger.

melody: confirm boy ah, dun worry, as i mentioned, everything is fair, i dun think your #2 will be as active as your no.1.

Morning mummies!!

Starfruit, welcome back, hope you have enjoyed your trip.

I think you better call gynae for advice..fresh blood have to be more careful.

Thanks, I am better already..no more spotting..

vv..same, I am very anxious over my #1. Avoid all the cannot eat food, listen to classical music when I sleep etc..but then now, I never do anything..eat anything I want..but lately i start to listen to music again..I think I will treat them as equally precious when he is out =)

dolly and VV: it went away after that, no more, just a small spot.. ok ok. may just call up and ask, but all ok now. since sat.

Dolly

Whats BLT? Haz, its like tat lo. My maid also made wholemeal bread spread wz butter for me. I eat until so sian till I asked her put slice of cheese in it. Today, dun feel like eating, so indulge in OCK.. Hahahaaaa...

Starfruit

Oh ok, but still gotta monitor ya. If possible, go get it check it at least for some assurance. And talk to gynae about it.

My detailed scan is on 05Jan... Looking fwd to it too.

Wayne

Heeheee.... its like dat de hoh. I think all 1st time Mommies the same. We were once and KS before.. Hee and now "Lao-Jiao" le mah. So understand & almost know what to expect next.

Today so Tiring & Sian. Time seems pass slow again. Wed only, and I accidentally marked TICK on Thu as well. My colleague teased me said, I wanted time passed so fast badly...

Good morning..I just had my b/fast. Malay beehoon + egg. Very spicy but taste so-so

dolly - I also sick of my homemade BLT :p stop for a week+

Re Sureclean prod - I think they are running BP now. U can grab the good deal fr the SMH.

starfruit - fresh blood is unusual..give your gynae a buzz bah

Oh yes, I also bought a lot of Sureclean prod and chuck them in my storeroom. I luv the green apple disinfectant spray too and the toilet spray. They are handy and I always bring along when we are out..especially toilet spray coz my girl toilet trained.

My maid use the handy spray to clean my girl's soft toy twice a week. As for other toys, I told her to use RTU cleanser.

Wayne - I also eat as per norm for this preg. 1st time abit cautious, now seems a bit bo chap :p

And I noticed my girl became more emotional, if she made a mistake, we question her she will start crying. Previously she will either fight her way thru or siam..haha

morning ladies =)

vv,

ya lo. sometimes when on leave/mc cant help think abt wk..yest i was wking till 630pm despite on mc lo.

haha. i think 2nd one coz we more exp le ba. heheh. i am going on half day later. cant wait! hehehe.

starfruit,

welcome back. hw was ur weekend trip besides being tired? hehe.

if its fresh blood its a cause for concern lo. unless its dark red or brown then its old blood. but lucky its has stopped. when is ur next apptment? mayb u try to bring fwd and let ur gynae check.

wayne_mummy,

my boy is so into xmas carol songs nw tat whenever he is at hm or even in the car, he will request for xmas songs..so i wonder if #2 will grow use to the xmas songs nt. hahahaha.

Hi Mummies, Can we still wear wired bra during pregnancy? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

nicole, best not to wear them because your mammary glands are growing during pregnancy in preparation of breastfeeding. Wired bras will exert undue pressure on your breast and the developing glands, and may affect their proper growth, so if the glands don't grow well, may pose difficulty to your breastfeeding later on. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wayne: yes yes at TMC too, mine at 9:30am.. wha maybe i will bump into u leh.hahaha isit the same lab?

val: only one spot.. then nothing, already.. it looks kind fresh to me, gynae on leave now i will have to check with the clinic nurses.

trip was ok, i was swimming a lot.. hahah.. maybe over exert lah.

nicole, i have stopped wearing wired bra, now on wireless. cos wired too restricting. anyway u should stopped wired bra cos when u BF next time, can cause blocked duct.

mummies.. read this..

Study links cellphones to child misbehavior

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20101207/ttc-tech-us-cellphones-children-96247d2.html

starfruit, should be the same lab..at level 4..think i will bump into you..hehe..

oh, i was still wearing wired bra leh cause my boobs are big..will be sagging if i dun wear wired...hmm..how leh??

Dear moomum,

Now OG dun carry this brand anymore.

Dear VV,

Yes i'm looking for maternity pants. I'm very big size, very hard to find. Or any mummies can recommend where to get big size pants. Hehe.....

i am back! so busy the past week w my boy's birthday n work.

Went JBP ytd, so tired..wah..Zoo more fun.

So many mummies knew the gender liao ah..can do shopping lor!

FB: wah..so fast hand fast leg, so fast send out invitation for next gathering.

I am gog for my detail scan next week, hope can see gender..

Starfruit/Dolly

Oh okok, me later going Subway for lunchie. Bacon sounds delicious!

Val

Yap, correct. Me too. So what I do is, I will sleep/nap after lunch at home during leave or MC. Then after that, I will start on my emails again. Haz. Wow, so nice -- half day.

Starfruit

Take good care okie. Dun over-exert during this period yeah. Every month is important :)

Good morning mommies!

Haven't logged in for quite a while since superb busy with my boy as hb is out of town, he become very clingy....only can do stuff when he naps...haiz!

Had enjoyed meeting you mommies at last friday gathering! Looking forward to the next one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starfruit,

hope your spotting is gone. But you are concern, maybe can give your doc a call and see what she advise.

Paulyn,

heard that thyme maternity has closed down liao. Last saw in OG and Taka, dunno still have a not. Can check out spring maternity if you dun mind coz I find their clothes quite nice and comfy.

nicole,

Last time when I attend prenatal class, they advise us not to wear wired bra as it will cause blocked ducts. Dunno how true it is but I din wear during my #1. This pregnacny, I do wear on and off ;P

Dear cuppie,

I went to spring @suntec before, the demin pant design very limited, and the cutting quite small. Haha....me very big in size. Maybe i drop by other outlet to take a look. Thanks

Back