(2011/05) May 2011

melody_yv, u oso seeing dr woo? i oso seeing him...lol

my EDD is abt 5 days away from u...

23 may...

so qiao..seeing same gynae...

apple,

agree with you... gov encourage young parents to have more babies... but companies doesn't really favour this idea... even some of my ladies colleague dare not even think of having another one after seeing me, this example of what our boss has treated me... they should have clarify at the point of time when they are conducting interview... whether those young ladies are planning for marriage or even families... if they are... then don't hire la... why make such a big fuss after employing those ladies? might as well hire those "Lao Kuay Bu" aka old ladies...

yeah, will quit if it has reach my tolerance level..

muddpie,

I heard from my fren that motherhood sells a belly belt which serves as an extension to our existing pants, it comes with hook and button type. I havn't go down to take a look, but it seems useful I might consider getting it.

Maybe some mummies have use it before?

hi hannah...

dun worry lah...chuan dao qiao tou zi ran zhi.. =)

at most no spending power for urself is jus temp..when ur child grows older..u can return to workforce... or do some part time job at home...

since ur hb considering the possibility..tats gd... =)

melody110,

yea..i read in d forum last wkend..but then..some of my shorts or bermudas..the hip oso abit tight..thou can wear..but i duno hw useful anot.but no worries..i will go take a look this fri...hehe...

Dolly

U pack lunch le bo?

Melody

Yeah, Im having duck rice now. Heeheeee... Yummy! How come u still so full?

@muddpie: Thanks for the enocuragement! I did consider those options too. =)

@melody110: I used the belly belt for my last pregnancy and it really is useful! But you must really buy those long tops coz otherwise it will be quite funny. They actually come with a cloth that tries to cover the gap between both ends but i didn't find it helpful coz it comes in only black, navy blue and white. Still, it's helpful in allowing me to still wear my favorite jeans. =) Hope that helps.

i am always craving for laksa and curry chicken..

used to like deserts and chocolates a lot but not didnt seem to feel like eating.

I been having craving for duck rice over last weekend.. Still haven settled that...shall hunt for my duck soon

I m using belly bands from spring maternity.. At least my pre Peggy pants can tatan longer n dun have to spend too much on clothes

Melody110

Hee, I also crave for Roasted Pork leh, dunno why leh. Yest I went to buy roasted pork. Hahahaa... So did u satisfy yr crave last week? Hee

Melody_yv

I love desserts actually and most of them are rather cooling. So I didnt take since preggie till now. Haz. Chocx!! Whooh, I love but too heaty. I only eat once a while if office pple offered.

Dolly

Today Duck Rice not seem nice. :-( Maybe cos ordered by maid, stall holder see maid, so chin chye do the meat, and no sauce at all. So angry! AND Importantly, NO Chilli??!!

omg...no chilli...hw to eat..whahaha

i stil full from my late brekkie & soya bean..standby pao & fan choy...mayb eat later..LOL

Dolly

Indonesian... Haz, so disappointed with my lunch today.

Mudpie

Yeah loh! I even asked my maid, why no chilli. She said she told the stall liao. Haz, super fed up and come to think of it, dun get angry over this. So forget it la. Wah, Pau? What flavour Pau?

My Home common toilet undergoing small renovations leh. Cos downstairs pple complain their ceiling got water dripping. HDB "forced" us to do reno. I hid in my master room, didnt want to come out. Shd be alright de right? Got small drilling and very loud sounds... But I didnt go out at all, stayed all the way in my room.

char siew pau...i like char siew pau...hope i hv appetite to eat..

sometimes jus suddenly dun like d food u used to like..or like the food which u dun like last time..LOL...

ah..ur home reno ah...aiyio...hw come bo arrange hb stay at hm & u go out of hse..actually i oso duno..but remb i say moving ofc in april..then dolly advise dun kpo with reno..

then yest..mum oso told me...dun buy any cupboards or nail things on wall...she say..im staying ter..so ask me all wait till afterwards then do..nw jus pack put aside 1st...so i dun wor...

Dolly

Yeah la, they all kuku de lor. Yap, I remained in my room lo.

Mudpie

Hee, I love Da Pau.

No la, not actual reno. Just need to change the flooring of the toilet cos downstairs pple complain. So HDB pple come and alrdy arranged all before I found out Im preggy. So cant changed and also cannot delay till next year.

My hubby also another kuku de la. He needs to go out at 12noon. Then now am on MC @ home ma, so coincidence. Haz... I just didnt go out of my room at all. Hopefully shd be fine ba... Sianz leh.

RE: Nailing

Talk about this, when I had my #1, I didnt nail anyting but I incidentally use those small pins to pin one of the important notice paper on my notice board at my Office seat. Then when #1 born, his backside there, got one dented hole just between the opening of his backside... (sorry for being gross)... I dunno if this is related to the pin I use that time but I think we just have to be pantang abit... Lucky its backside and cant see. Thereafter as he grows older now, realise its not a hole but just a dented hollow short area down. So to me, I feel its related lor...

Vv, why u so cute de.. 1st time hear "kuku"...

I ever mentioned before... Need to do Reno in my room, then no one remind me that I can't do anything... So I "ge kian" go & do patching on my wall... Then got tell off by my aunt... Now there's a birthmark patch on my girl's bum...

my mum tell me cannot sew , cut on the bed that we sleep. if outside our sleeping bedroom i think is ok.

earlier on, my bedroom toilet water heater spoil, no choice gota engage ppl to fix so also a lot knocking n drilling. that time just discovered pregnant but bo bian lor.

haz.... i feel like going out of the house. The drilling sounds irritate me alot! Makes me even more scared. Maybe I should go my mom place the next 2 days since they gonna do the cementing/sticking of the tiles... very scared now! Should not have stayed @ home. Very regretted.

Melody110

As long as not on bed, its fine.

vv, my hubby ate roast pock rice while my son had duck noodle last sat for dinner so I took some from them. hehe

During my first pregnancy, we bought a bookshelf. I went out of the house when they delivered bookshelf.

ooo...okok...

i suddenly had this tot...cos i dun like milk so alt is to take soya bean..anybody tried soya bean by adding honey to it? duno if this is healthier...LOL

yoyo...mayb while they having lunch...u go out quickly & dun kpo at wat they hv done? or wait until today they complete today...then tmr u go ur mum hse stay for 2 days ba...

cos when they do water proving tmr...is gonna stink...my mum hse did a couple mths back...

dolly, the soya bean drink is too sweet...& alwas hv this after-taste..

so i m thinking to ask them dun add sugar syrup & i add honey to it..cos honey seems healthier to me...compare to sugar...LOL

Melody110

One stone kills 2 birds. So nice to have 2 types of foods...

Melody_yv

So that means the minor renov just finished not long huh? U didnt go kaypo right? Haz, v sian hoh. I think I better dun go read too much on the myths. The more I read, the scared I am leh. Haz...

Mudpie

Soya bean, didnt hear before leh to add honey? Btw, we can take honey ma?

YA lo, make me so scared leh. Now the drilling part all stopped liao suddenly... I dunno what they gonna do next eh.. But I didnt go kaypoh. I cant tahan the drilling sounds. So I changed to go to my another common bedroom to rest & hide. Ya smelly de. This is 2nd time do liao. 1st time was my master room toilet, last year.

yoyo...then i tink rather than u breathing in unhealty air...better stay out of hse ah...mayb arrange hb to b at home tmr or so lor...

we cun take honey at this stage?

melody110..done liao..bo bian lah...jus dun do it again lor...since nw noe le..jus avoid as much as possible ba...=)

Melody110

Dunworry. u pat pat & sayang bb said u will protect bb and u will not do it again...Cos u dunno ma, so will be alright de. I read is - those pple know n yet purposely go against it... then no good. Im also reading emails, n type on bed. Cos bedrest, I cant sit for too long.

I'm back fr lunch..ate the famous Macpherson mee-pok. Long wait but worth it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] quite satisfied and my colleague somemore order extra roast pork to eat with it. My waistline gonna expand soon..haha

dolly - for me I'm here bcoz of nice and understanding boss. If depends on HR benefits, I think long ago I resigned. Well, I ever challenge HR on ML conditions..so I guess they more or less will be very careful when I raise this again for myself this round.

bubble pearl i think i saw u.. me wear black short and grey short sleeve cardigan.. was standing in front of the counter after i come out of adrain room...

ppl start giving up seat to me on mrt... my tummy is showing.. dunno its fats or bcos of bb.. haha...

Apple

Hee, just curious, wat did u raise up on ML to yr HR? Wah mee pok!!! u tried simpang bedok mee pok bo? Also b nice hor.

Mudpie

Yeah, thats why i dun dare step out of the room. Im confined to a room.

Hi all

on the topic of nailing/ sewing during pregnency..

last week, i was at my friend's place playing mj.. we were in a room. then, my friend's hubby was screwing somthing in the room...but when i realised, am too late to siam. i hope it won't affect bb..

muddpie and vv, I know what is done cannot be undone, I am very forgetful de, told my mum abt it just now and she said I better write down on a piece of paper and paste on the wall and to remind myself not to do it again. :p

Rach

If its too late, nvm. Cos I heard its ok if really inevitable. Like for me, I didnt know the drilling can be so noisy and now so worrisome. If not, I would have moved to my mom place.

Melody110

No la, u dun paste anythin liao on any walls. Just ask your hubby to remind u instead..

vv - we have comm session host by HR, so happened that yr, they just revised the ML to be 16wks. And HR topic was on the revised scheme on unpaid leave/or long term sick leave(those critical illness who require treatment) will affect our annual performance bonus calculation..bla bla

So I raised why ML is also subject to bonus calculation scheme and this is announcement from govt and it shd not be penalised. At first HR told me this has been drafted by Corp on the policy, apply worldwide..but I challenge her by asking her giving me black and white of the policy I'll write to MOM whether company shd practice this or not.

Govt encourage childbirth and govt pays 2 months ML to the company, why the staffs gotta penalised on bonus. This is so unfair rite?

I demand for explanation and how the calculation goes on this..so HR bo pian, the director got to give me a written explanation and told me ML is not affected by bonus calculation scheme.

I think soon the next comm session I'm going to raise how ML can be taken..haha..am I very KL? :p

Back