(2011/05) May 2011

eve, i oso give bb sweet potato whenever i cook. but wont say give a lot lar, just abit, then he will fart for the whole day... lol

dap, i m using eve's method too. let him turn and toss till he gets bored and tired, and then he will fall asleep eventually. i feel that my bb likes the feeling of 饱饱的, when he's full (and tired of coz), he can fall asleep immediately after he finished his milk. but after playing for some time, consumed the milk in the stomach rite, then he will need another 1-2 oz to feel the fullness, then finally he will sleep.... yes, he's a tam jiak bb for sure... lol

Mickeyboy: Yes, the guilt will sinks in coz tend to buy more for #1 - now, try to even out. V hard to balance...

Haiz... who wants to quarrel right? sometime its pushing the limits... 忍无可忍 then i explode lor. Yday my #1 jumped to my defence and scolded my hb... i am so glad i have him! My good son. LOL.

mickey: same as mine.. i thot is jus his habit cos he used to latch until zzz... so mayb need to suck the bottle, satisfy his little habit before zzz... nowadays i can sense he's weaning off the milk bottle le and sleep when tired. BUT he's hook to pillow now. guess he found new love... =D

Forgot to refresh this page. Just saw new posts.

Thanks mummies for lending a ear...

Jen: LOL. yes, i would be too angry to sleep too.. alamak, then i did all the wrong things.

Eve: LOL on this "bombard sms on my hb if i can't talk to him until i let off my steam. "

I am the internal bleeding type - coz too angry to talk then will start cold war.

u know, sometimes when i 'scold' my hb rite, my #1 will learn and follow the way i talk. eg i asked hb y he still dowan to hang the clothes out, then #1 will repeat the same thing and asked his dad fiercely. so nowadays, i dun dare to do that too often, if not he will really go n scold his dad ar. though i oso hv the feeling that i have a good son! lol

true, sometimes it was really 忍无可忍. i think its ok to quarrel de wor, just that that day mood will be very much affected, but its still better than internal bleeding ar. so just go ahead to explode, haha...

Thank mummies for the advise will try out tonite...

lil fly: As wat eve said afraid sweet potato only gives him wind instead of helping to soften the stools. i also did not give...

Eve: I also dun like to give sweet potato too much as bb will fart wholeday . Sometime the fart is smelly until #1 cannot tahan. Like one time bb fart smelly he will yell mama didi poo poo again la.didi keep facing his pi ku at me. My in law hear le laugh until cannot stand up and daddy almost laugh until spilt out water.

My #1 will Also stand up for me scold his father. Sometime I coldwar with hb than I will complain to #1 daddy this and that. Than when he see daddy he will nag him.

Kor kor: papa why u bully mama . You are noti . Keep scolding mama. No gai gai for you.

After he nag finish he go box papa butt. One time he box until papa fart . He cry and yell . Keep screaming papa fang pi heng da sheng heng smelly. Haha .

My hb scare my elder character. Cuz he kpo type

Dap: Oh u put the mobile near her? Try not to let her play and listen to the music or songs instead. If my bb play he wun slp too.

sweet potato: Now my bb doesn't fart after eating sweet potatoes. In fact he seldom pass gas now. Last time when he's a newborn he fart so much!

Alamak now my hb say he only want the full set jumpers, dun wan suspender but I cun find. Was hoping to wear on my bday this mth.

Qin: LOL. His hairstyle like very tut coz I cut his fringe I scare he move so faster grab and cut without realising its too short.

Morning Mummies

Jenny: Have try but she still wan to slp yao lao... if not cry & cry... nw i carry & pat also dun wan...

Dap: Yes yes, mine also can only slp in yao lan. If let him slp in playpen he will flip and crawl and play. There's one nite he kept flipping in the yaolan and refuse to slp. We transfer him to playpen and I ignore him and go to slp. Then he kept knocking against the wall of the playpen. I think they are used to yaolan, now is hard to transfer unless do bit by bit slowly.

afternoon, mummies...

my poor bb TJ has a bump on his forehead and my mum jus called to say blue-black. heart pain ah... sob sob~~

dap, jen: i tink not tat easy to kick yao lan habit. cos the sleeping position and feel is very different. yao lao sort of "cuddle" them whereas sleeping on bed/play pen is openly. mayb they dun feel secured.

Jenny, Eve: She use to slp in yao lao on the morning than night time i will carry & pat her to slp and put her in the cot... but nw wan to slp yao lao than can put her to cot.. Ya eve i also scare tat hard to kick off.. so headache nw..

Eve: my bb last yesterday also fall while walking too fast and a bump on forehead. Nowadays bb easily got bump on head must be extra careful le.

dap, qin: heartache to see little ones got blue black/bumps hor... heart bleeding liao... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_cry.gif]

dap: mayb can try train her fr nap time? once she gets the hang den proceed on to nite?

Poor #1 he is so stress of today English spelling . He cry before going to class . He scare he fail spelling or get zero mark daddy laugh at him. My elder when get Jin zhang will forget how to spell correctly .

eve: dun think can coz afternoon my mil take care.. she have to take care of 2 baby alone..

qin: my a day kid so stress spelling will cry my hb brother #1 also the same..

qin: yr hb so funny.. laugh at him instead of telling him off.. quite gd nature leh..

dap: like tat really headache liao cos bb nite time super cranky if not according to their way.

Mummies, how to stop my hb from buying car? Yest he told me HE WANTS TO BUY A CAR! Then I told him dun think I dunno he wans to bring bb to see his mum and he quarreled with me. Say the issue already over, where got over? And after that also keep wanting to quarrel with me and I say he's good for nothing, always listen to mum, so old liao still wan to drink mum's milk. He got even angrier. Now no more quarrel but I just dun wan a car.

How can we afford a car with his current salary? Somemore we seldom go out why do we need a car? Then he suggest getting an offpeak car which is so stupid coz he says he wanna work OT EVERYDAY just to be able to use the car and claim mileage for way home when he can take taxi and claim taxi fare. He also says he wanna work OT every weekends to claim the mileage. Isn't this insane? Buy car just to go to work when he already have co transport and cannot claim any transport claim even if he has a car.

He argued and say even if we nv go out also can buy car. WTH rite? I asked him isit he like someone in his co so he wants to drive her and he say I boliao, really leh. Other than these two reasons I cannot think of any other reasons for him to want to own a car so badly. Even last time COE $1 I kept asking him to buy he also says no.

Jenny,

i saw the news yesterday that COE increased quite a lot...for small car is around $53000++, same price with the car itself. I think you better told your hubby about this news and let him think about having a car is so way expensive.

Ya. The COE is at new height!! Really not very affordable. Try hypnotizing him?? Seriously, someone need to knock some sense into him.

I told my bro tat buying a car is to live better and to enjoy. But if buy car is a stress tat requires him to work day and nite and dun get to enjoy work life balance, wats the point?? Defeat the purpose, rite?

Yes, he also knew abt the news so he wants to buy an old car. Worse still he says wan to buy those with 1-2 yrs COE so its cheap, if a car use so many yrs still want to drive for wat? Sure a lot of probs, like his uncle's car now 9 yrs, alot of probs, even car door also cannot lock.

Eve: He says buy car is not to enjoy wor. He says its for convenience. I dunno wat happened to make him wan a car like that. Last time when we no bb and I'm working ask him to buy he also dun wan, now suddenly he wanted a car.

Mayb he wan to force u to work and leave bb with mil? Jus guessing lah.. Fancy another woman may b a reason too.,, or he met a fren n dun wan to lose out?? Can hv 1001 reasons. My bro wanted to get car cos he wan to show his Frens n esp ex gf tat he dun lose out.

Eve: No leh, coz my mil nv volunteer to take care of our bb, she also dun care coz my bb not so easy to look after. Last time she look after 3 hours my bb cry like mad she's so scare after that. Even if she wans I also wun let her take care lah. I wun leave my bb to her for sure. I even told my hb even if I die my spirit will come back and take care of bb, nv bring bb to his mil to take care.

He dun really have friends leh, he have friends on FB but he nv go out with his friends one. Actually his post at co is quite high, even though he gets shit pay, maybe he wants to haolian but wah liao, pay so miserable haolian for wat?

I c... Den is the co taking advantage of him cis give hi post but low pay?

Got to keep probing wats the real reason behind it. Unless u willing to part with money and let him hit the wall and learn the hard way.

Yes, coz his co almost all staff are malaysians, so they purposely give super low pay. When enter the co must have at least diploma and many yrs experienece and pay max $1900. Unbelievable rite?

I just talked to him nicely and asked him what's the real reason, he says its coz of work. Its more convenient to go for meetings and come home after OT. Its rubbish coz he can claim taxi for all these! I told him like that u might as well ask for demotion and get pay deducted by $100 so u dun have to go for meetings and dun have to do so many OTs.

Then he continue to say rubbish that the $100 helped us alot, can buy many things. Then I shoot him so this $100 can buy u a car? Then he diam diam and I say u earn less than $2500 and must support a whole family still dare to say u wan a car.

I tink he hasn't done his maths yet cos old car also installment also high unless u can pay cash upfront. Plus old car high maintenance. Why not u help him do spreadsheet and show him exactly how much. Example if it cost $600 per mth, den u tell him u ok to buy car when his pay reach $xxx. Mayb tat will motivate him?

Eve, actually he done his homework already. I think if he wans to buy car he will get the money from his uncle which I dun like. I feel that his whole family is making use of his uncle and I feel very sad for his uncle.

OMG I read this and almost die laughing.

Ditch the denim overalls

Unless you are between the ages of 0 and 6, has a Mario and Luigi fetish or being in dungarees is part of your job, steer clear of this unforgiving style.

You wouldn't want to look like farmer Joe and Jane in an urban jungle like Singapore, would you?

Jenny,

I just remembered you had ordered the FP stacking rings toy, right? Delivered already? Does bb J like it? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Viman: Good memory. I bought it online but shld have waited a few days coz isetan got 20% off promo, way cheaper than online.

Anyway thanks for the recommendation coz this stacking rings became 5 toys for bb J. He doesn't know how to put the rings back but he loves to remove it and play with them. Sometimes he refuse to release when I'm bringing him to bath and he will play in his bathtub. Easy to wash and good to play. =D

Jenny,

Haha yeah I find it very versatile too. Bb A also can't stack the rings but she will travel the world to remove the rings. So I stack them and put the toy at a distance from her. Gives her very good crawling practice. Can even spin the rings on the floor. Bb A enjoys stopping the spinning rings. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Viman: Just now we went to mimosa mum's house and bb J is so happy to see the rings. Haha. Bb A can crawl with tummy up already? Mine still crawls with tummy on the floor. =(

Jen: lol... Whr did u get tat para? So u still tinkg of matchy matchy with J? Hahahaha...

u can try demo crawling on all fours. Den mayb J will catch the idea?

I dun tink my bb likes the stacking rings cos he doesn't seems to b playing much with it at mimosa's Hse.

Jenny,

Oh there was a gathering today? Photos photos!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes, bb A can crawl quite well now with tummy above floor. Started about 2 weeks ago. These days I just let her loose on the floor after it is mopped, and scatter her fav toys around. More space than in play yard and because there is no melody and activity panel, she can't stop anywhere so she keeps crawling towards the toys, couch and me, lol! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Can try that with bb J, just give more space and see.

Eve: I was searching for overalls and yes, still searching. So hard to find! I found it in US and UK sites but shipping itself is US30!

Got lah, ur bb got play with the rings rite? As in throwing and grabbing? I cun rem got anot but I see mimosa bb likes to snatch away the toys from our bbs. LOL.

Viman: Yes, a mini one. I have photos in my hb's hp, need him to upload to harddisk first. Wow bb A advanced very quickly! I rem she still dunno how to crawl when bb J is crawling. And now bb A is crawling so well and bb J is still crawling with tummy on the floor.

I let my bb crawl at my mum's house with no obstacles, still the same but I can see him trying hard to lift his tummy. He can lift his tummy but once he crawls, he cun hold his weight and his tummy will go down.

Morning mummies! Such a luxury to have a long weekend to rest...

Jenny, somehow all men have a fetish about wheels. Just like some of us women have this thing with bags, shoes, clothes, hair, etc. To them the ultimate achievement is to get a set of wheels. (Sad to say that sometimes it ranks higher up than getting a wife... but it's true) I was just discussing with a girlfriend on this topic too. Her hubby has a car from his dad to drive but he just insists on getting his own car... Merz C Class or Audi some more!

Perhaps you can turn this dream of his into a motivating factor instead of a quarreling issue? "Support" his dream by saying it will be great to have a car to, but need the $$ and don't want to depend on others. Go on to work out the sums of how much the car will cost (inc petrol, insurance, servicing, tyre replacements, etc). Work upwards to see how much should his income be inorder to support this dream of his. And.. Ta-da! He needs to get a pay of $XXX to support the car. So he either needs to ask/wait for an increment or look for a new job.

If he's able to achieve this, I'm sure you'll be a happy and proud wife as well.

WT: Thanks for the advice. I'll try to work it out with my hb. Actually I'm ok with having a car but not now since bb is still small, finance is tight and we seldom go out, one mth at most 1-2 times only. I have been telling him when bb grows up and wans to go out more often then we can start thinking abt it. Now even ask me to go jurong point I also sian.

I think to own a car with single income should be at least 3k bah, but when he retires he also wun get this salary. =(

mickeyboy: Yest my hb also using this and u no he's so funny! He input mthly instalment $550. He's out of his mind! We cun even save $550 a mth, how to fork out $550 for mthly instalments!

Yah lor, I'm going to ask him to look for a new job if he insist on buying. And his boss got the cheek to ask him to buy car knowing how low his salary is!

mickey: no, not a cent at all. My hb got ask then his boss diam diam. Really ridiculous! Low pay and expect pple to buy car without giving any allowance! And drive to work also pay ur own petrol, cannot claim mileage.

Back