(2011/04) Apr 2011

Bbgoh

How much is your bb injection package?

By the way, saw that $400 has been deposited to bb CDA acct but still no use for my #1 on the CDA acct opening so far.

Hi Mommies!!

Elmo,

I read that for people with excess breastmilk supply, there will be plenty of foremilk. And totoro is right, when you drag pump, foremilk will also increase.

Wah why all of you craving for spicy food? I've been REALLY good. I REALLY stop all seafood and spicy stuff. My hubby said there's nothing very much for me to eat if I go to Chinese restaurant. SAD!!

Today raining day, now so hot!! Luckily I am back from the zoo already. Nice weather in the morning though!!

I also thought prevenar can only be taken from 4months onwards? I rem my #1 took it at 4months.

welcome aemiko..

for water i gave abit when BF-ing cos i scare nex time bb reject water...

Fungfung,

hee i jus had tt last wkend:p

Harlo i have alr made reservation for 12pax but for more than 10pax bookin they r more strict.. if any mummies cant make it make let me know latest by Mon morning else we will still need to pay... Also for the pte room they will only reserve for us if we proceed with payment which could not be refund or cancel so i din not proceed maybe we try our luck on tt day or u mummies wan to proceed with payment?

Any more mummies?

Mummies pls confirm ur attendance again by 23 June cos i need to make reservation their buffet v popular 1 so mus make reservation in advance

Re: Hi Tea Buffet @ Carousel (change to Carousel cos more accessible n heard the buffet is nice can see the menu here:http://dining.royalplaza.com.sg/

Price: $38.61net (got 2 promo 15% of total bill or 1 free for 3 diner best is we have group in multiple of 4)

Date: 27 June

Time : 3.30pm

1) Piggytoh

2) fungfung (not bringing Zaccheus)

3) Hippopolai (not bringing stroller)

4) Andrea (if can take leave)

5) tweety (not bringing stroller)

6) Gerry ( not bringing stroller)

7) sookie

8) Totoro (not bringing bb)

9) Pink (not bringing bb)

10) hippomummy

11) cowgal (not bringing B)

I feel very guilty when I decided not to continue to BF my baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

charmaine : Tml got to work lor, so sad.

Piggytoh : Yup, babysitter advised to give some water to baby if not next time bb reject to drink.

My baby is drinking 150ml/5 oz per feeding now, does it consider too much for a 3 months old baby? Babysitter said is too much for my baby ?! He started 150ml since he was 3weeks old which is taking care by the confinement aunty, very pity of my baby, confinement aunty keep on forcing him to finish the 150ml milk in every 2 hours, we asked the aunty not to give him so much but she just ignored us, fainted! I have no choice because baby is sleeping with her at night.

Is the Pneumococcal vaccination a compulsory jab?

aiyo, super confusing with the info given to me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi piggy-how is the beco butterfly carrier? Have you try on kleavan? Cos hb feels that there is no need to buy a carrier..I am doing all the carrier research to prove him wrong...

Re: giving water to baby (an article to share)

Feeding Your Baby

Giving Water to a Baby

Does your breast- or bottle-fed baby need more than formula or breast milk to stay hydrated? The bottom line: No — for now.

What a difference a few weeks make! You probably feel more like a seasoned pro than a fumbling first-timer. You can burp your baby with the best of them, and feedings aren’t as fraught with anxiety as they were just a mere month ago. And you’ve probably also gotten pretty adept at ignoring all the (uninvited) baby advice of strangers (or relatives!) that you don’t need (with a smile, of course). Despite your newfound confidence (at least on your good days), it’s hard not to fall prey to other people’s suggestions when you’re not sure of the information. So, if your mom or mother-in-law advises you to give your infant extra water (“She’ll get dehydrated in the hot sun without it!”), and you’re unsure about the latest advice on giving water to a baby, you may be tempted to give it a try. Here’s why you should turn away from the temptation:

Breast milk or formula is enough for young babies. Despite what well-meaning family members might say, experts now know that until your baby starts eating solid foods, infants get all the water they need from breast milk or formula. That’s right — both breast milk and/or formula will keep your infant plenty hydrated, even on steamy summer days when you might be wondering if you should offer your little hottie a cool sip of water. The only exception to the rule about not giving water to a baby this age is if the infant is sick and is losing fluids due to diarrhea or vomiting. (But ask your pediatrician about this first.)

Giving water to a baby can actually harm her. Unless she’s very sick, a baby who satisfies her appetite (and her need to suck) with bottles of water will miss out on the nutrition she needs from her feedings. If done regularly, this can cause weight loss, and in the case of breast-fed babies, it can decrease your breast-milk supply. Giving water to a baby in large amounts can even lead to oral water intoxication, a condition in which the electrolytes (such as sodium) in a baby’s bloodstream become diluted, inhibiting normal bodily functions and leading to dangerous problems such as low body temperature or seizures.

Just say no to juice too. Not only will it fill up your infant’s tiny tummy (leaving no room for milk), but also the sugar in juice can cause stomach cramping and diarrhea in young babies.

When can you start giving water to a baby, then? Most experts suggest that you wait until you’ve started feeding solids to your baby, when she’s between four and six months old. At that point, you can talk with your pediatrician about how much H2O to serve up to your little one. As for juice, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that you hold off until your baby is six months old, and then, that you limit the quantity to four ounces a day. To make sure you don’t overdo it on juice (and that you don’t decay your tot’s few teeth), dilute it with water (half-and-half anyone?), and avoid giving the sweet stuff to your sweetie right before bed. But for now, though, just stick with breast milk or formula.

Fung ,

Not sure abt the room was told tt need payment to get the room but mrs chua mentioned her co lunch they gave but nt sure if they make payment n bookin in advance..

Sookie,

Tt wat I tink too[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shyann ,

Noted[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoti,

I only tried once for a short while tink it gd tt u go n try the actual thing[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] carrier is gd if u go crOwded place or marketing ..

Gin,

For the prevenar, it depends on how many shots your want your child to take.. For my #1, I started her prevenar shot at 6week. And the pd gave a total of 4 shots. 6w, 4m, 6m and 18m.

Lynn,

Yes prevenar is compulsory now

Aemiko,

welcome!!

Actually most of the antibodies and good stuff are found in the watery part.. The fatty part is also important too (for fattening and for brain development) but I think you shouldn't give up bfing because of that.. Even though it is thin, the fatty part is still enough.. Remember that bm will change as your bb gets older.. Sort of like a personalized meal! =)

Fung,

Thanks for that info.. But I still think a teaspoon of water a day wouldn't harm the bb.. Cos from my #1, I didn't give water till she started solids and up to now, she doesn't drink much water. She prefers sweet drinks and I think that's cos bm is sweet.. I think bbgoh also has that problem with her #1..

piggy.. for the buffet, that time we did not made any payment in adv. we jus told them we did a table for 10 den when we reached, they jus gave us that room which caught us in surprise too.. but maybe that time that buffet not v popular with pple?? I oso cant rem.. but another time when we made reservation for 10, they onli gave us a big round table.. I will suggest to u to request for the big round table or take the long table near the entrance cos is more spacious (if got stroller, can park there)

recently we went again, they made us pay in adv too cos we have too many pple le..

Fungfung,

Nice article~ I never give both my kids water.. My #1 will auto ask for water when she started her solid.. On the contrary, she prefers water to sweet drinks.. But she does love cold water.. xD So I'll do the same for my son.. Would prefer him to have milk than water in tummy..

Well, unless they are not drinking their milk, then I will offer water.. Have to hydrate them especially when they have loss of appetite..

aemiko, too bad den..next time ;)

wah ur son drink so much? but as long as he is not vomitting and his stomach (left side of his body) is not bloated,den should b fine..u can check with pd if he's growing too much..on the average,they put on 20-30g per day..

fung fung,thanks for the info..but i start to give water to my son now cos he keeps drooling and 'talks' alot..so my hubby say let him have some water to replenish all the saliva he drools..also previously,he having constipitation,din poo for 4-5 days..so gave him water...

suppose to bring my boy for his 5-in-1 plus rpota virus today.. but the doc say haven 1 mth interval, beta dun take cos scare his immune not strong enough... the previous time we took rota virus is 26/5 so she say come back after 26/6... sianz.. waste my leave.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] onli 3 days diff oso cannot... haizz

Mrs. Chua, ur PD so strict de???

Both my 2 PDs told me early ok better dun late wor... Haa haa... Think ur PD is the more careful type person bah...

Fung,

I also share the same thinking as Gerry... One teaspoon or two no harm... My purpose is to get her use on the plain taste so she won't reject water next time...

Gerry/Aemiko

no worries, coz you gals are toking about giving water to baby, then i happen to chance upon this article, so might as well post here.

actually i did give Z some water when he has hiccups. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gerry/Gin

ya i think depend on how many shots there are.. for the package i'm looking at, there are 3 shots thus 1st dose will be taken when Z is 3months old.

Gin,

u mean you take spicy food also will get skin allergy? for me i can't go without chilli... :p

without chilli is like no taste to the food..

Hippopolai,

ya.. i also think no harm by giving one or two teaspoon.. i already let him try water when he is only a few weeks only... heehee

too bad can't join you gals tomorrow for the gathering.. you gals enjoy and see those mummies who will be attending the Hi-tea buffet on Monday.. And have a nice weekend ahead...

Gin, are you joining us for the hi-tea buffet next Monday? come lah...

Mrs Chua,

i also dunno but they say gave us 2 table..

Fungfung,

i tink takin chilli depend on individual my bb ok with my mil after i took chilli i also cant eat w/o chillies

Pearly,

lucky u.. hee my #1 also dun like sweet drink .. but every bb diff so i will still gave bb abit daily else if later he reject more headache :p

Fung

I want to go, but my girl got class at 4pm. I need to send n pick her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] eat more on my behalf ok?!

I eat chilli or seafood my baby get rashes. Lots n lots of it. Poor dear. So I stop. No chilli is a killer for me. Either dont eat or stop bf. So I choose not to eat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gerry

Yes now I rem. No of jabs depends on when they start to jab. My pd ask me to take before six months. Because we traveling. Ouch. So many jabs!!

Water

I think giving some is harmless. Yes fully breastfed babies do not need water, but for some, water can be used to stretch a feed. Very young babies are not given water as their tummies are small n get full easily. Esp for babies who are feeding well, it's ok to give some. Some babies do reject water cuz they are not used to the taste.

Wah tom all going to MS for gathering huh. Enjoy!!

gerry, I've checked and the pneumococca jab is not compulsory yet(cos of its cost) but it is highly recommended, so most PDs would simply tell you to go with it nowadays, not like in the past, only tell you what it's abt or when we ask them.

Pneumococcal jabs(prevenar), if given at 1st yr is 3x, after 1yo-2 jabs, after 2yo-1 jab.

My #1 had hers when she reached 2yo, so only 1 jab.

Aemiko, my 3mths old girl also taking ard 140-150ml now, but at 1st mth, to force feed a newborn 150ml, that's abit too much I feel. Why yr CN like that? But how do u know she's force feeding and not tt yr baby actually taking this much? If it's the formal, then it's really no good lor, cos stomach soooo small n she force in so much, later vomit or damage/over-stretch the stomach how?

So, is the pkg I've taken up ex? S$1,009(excl gst and doc's consultation), only for the 1st yr jabs.

gin

thought you asked your HB to send and pick your girl? not possible?

As for chilli and seafood, oh i see.. so if you stop bfing, then can eat.. ya.. have to choose either one..

Experience mummies,

can i check, if ebm put outside for too long, will it cause colic or wind in the milk, then bb drinks already will also got wind or colic in their stomach?

Gerry,

thanks! shall go make an appointment. can it be taken with 6-in-1 jabs?

mum05 and piggytoh,

It was announced in the news compulsory? I read some sites write its compulsory some still say not.

btw, how much gripewater can be given to baby?

mum05, piggy

ya I thought it is compulsory leh.. Just revised only.. That's why prevenar can use CDA account to pay for it..

Gin,

Ya I decided to give the prevenar when both my girls are 6 weeks old only.. I scared my hb bring back home funky germs.. don't want my girls to risk it.. if got the vaccine, better take.. Then when they are older also better take Gardasil to be vaccinated against HPV and reduce risk of cervical cancer.. Haiz.. So many vaccinations!!

Fung,

I never experience it leh.. last time with Lisa no such problems..

Gin,

u stoppin at 6mth??? if so v fast!!! we jio u go eat ayam penyet n blue ginger malay food @ imm!

Fung,

from wat i know bb got wind becos the swallow wind when they drinking milk dun tink the milk itself cause wind..

Lynn,

Yes you can.. I have been doing that for my #1 and will be doing it for my #2.. at her 6 week, 4months and 6 months checkups, she would receive 6 in 1, prevenar and rotarix (only 6 weeks and 4 months) .. Her 4th and last prevenar will be when she is 18 months

Lynn,

yes it is cos i remember tt time when i bring my boi to jab not yet compulsory den after few mth become compulsory u can call polyclinic n check it shd be most accurate...n yes can be taken with 6 in 1 but depend on where u goin for the jab...

Gerry,

yes i also thot it compulsory now can also use medisave to pay..

Yes yes the jab is compulsory but can use medisave cuz it's expensive

Gerry

Me too. My kids all got vaccinated cuz scared lah. Preventive better than cure!!

Fung

I thought of asking him but I scared last min he mightvhave meetings or whatever than very troublesome. So give up bah!!

Piggytoh

Yah!!!! Nov I can eat ler!! Hippopolai n jhto has been tempting me!!! Countdown. Four more months only!!

Gerry & piggytoh,

thanks! I'll will call up clementi polyclinic to check. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gerry/Piggy,

no lah.. i just want to ask to make sure i'm correct coz MIL keep saying that milk put too long outside is not good for baby, got wind bah bah bah.. sigh! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gin,

oh you decided to bfeed for 6mths?

yes, Nasi padang and ayam penyet... in 6mths time.. Jia You! Hang in there!

Starflower,

Why don't you join us this coming Monday for hi-tea??

Gin,

4 months will go by very fast!! Jia you! I will be bfing for at least 10 months.. I fed my #1 for that amoun of time.. Must be fair.. Maybe stop around next year cny.. Arghzz..

Starflower,

u wanna join uss for upcomin hi tea on mon??

Hippopolai,

NP but i tink will make it 1st wk Jul cos goin bck to work[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hmm thinkin of M hotel, Kuishinbo .. any other ideas?

I try to bf for six months, hopefully I won't dry up before that. This time my period came even earlier than previously!! With each month, my ss will dip n dip until might as well stop.

Hoho.

Talk about eating at this hour. Alamak.......

But hippopolai, I dare not eat buffet with u leh. Wait u faint. How?!?!

gerry

same thking as u, ll try to BF at least 9mth same as #1

hope I can do it

gin

yes 4mth pass very fast. jiayou!!!

dun worry abt period. last time my period came at 2nd mth I still can BF till 9mth. ss won't drop de

this time more lucky till nw it's not appear yet

gerry

if BF & period not come yet mean we won't have ovulate & won't get pregnant?

I saw u girls mention 'Nasi padang' buffet?? in July? count me in!!!! jurong I ll chiong over too. but pls no hi tea timing huh. :p

bbgoh,

what i heard is that even if period didn't come during bfing time, we still can get pregnant... why planning for 3rd one? keke

we mentioned about Nasi Padang coz i suddenly have craving for it.. but is not buffet lah.. is the red ginger at IMM... u see when you free lor, come over to IMM, then we go together? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Piggy,

want to check with you, that day you mentioned about this wet wipes from NTUC is good, can i know the brand? thanks

Hippo.. mine is gp. Ya, she is a very careful person..she mentioned to me b4 that some mummies wan their baby quickly finish the jab so every 2 weeks take the jab which some babies might not be able to take it so instead of protecting themselves from those jabs, their immune system v weak… oh ya, she oso advice try not to let bb take 2 jabs at one time cos she finds bb having to suffer 2 jabs at one go, very ke lian and normally take 1 jab wont have any side effect but if take 2, the cause of side effect might be higher…

Pneumococca.. my gp say can take it after bb 6mths. Her plan is to finish the 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 1st den start pneumococca which if I nv rem wrongly, is 3 dose and to be completed bb 1 yr old..

Piggy.. maybe u can ask for round table cos I see most of u not bringing babies and sitting round table easier to communicate??

Bbgoh,

U really die hard fans of nasi Padang! U want me to da Bao bring to u!? I'm going ur area Sat afternoon to collect thing from a mummies...

Fung,

The brand is Babes. My Kodomo also finish Liao... Tat day went Cold storage saw Kodomo buy another 6 pkts dong 1st... Hope Watson offer soon...

Hippopolai,

thanks.. how much you bought the kodomo from cold storage? i also have been looking out for watson offer.. heehee

Mrs chua,

oh is it not advisable to take 2 jabs at one go? i'm going to bring Z for his 5-in-1 and pneumococcal 1st dose in July when he is 3 months old

Back