(2011/04) Apr 2011

Hi Vivien

Welcome! Congrats on the arrival of your unnamed little one, bet she's cute! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Dr Paul is a cool dude, lots of my friends go to him.

The timing of ML is always a tricky one. I waited around for 2 weeks the last time (took ML around 38 weeks), so this time I wanted to work til I pop. But I dunno how long more I can take. Maybe start ML tomorrow since I am inducing (using prostaglandin) then.

Bbgoh,

Try pumping again later cos looks like you are producing quite a bit of milk too!! Which is good.. =) for me my boobs and areola not too big so I think my whole nipple and part of my areola could go into the narrow part of the funnel.. But your let down like spraying like that right.. Should be good enough..

Try experimenting with the different latching position.. At the beginning for me, cradle hold was the easiest to master.. Cos my girl very small, very fragile so I scared to put her in another other position.. I can never master the football hold though.. Then when she got less fragile, I started doing the lying down method and I end up sleeping while she suckle and then fall asleep with me!! I did the lying down one most when I started to work cos super shack!!

Michelle,

Yes PND is scary.. I know somebody who couldn't even look after her child.. In the end, it was the hb who had to care for both of them.. She became non functional.. So if you think u need professional help, please seek help earlier.. =)

Yolk sac,

Oh!! Soon soon!! This little boy of yours still too comfy inside.. =)

Hippopolai,

Ya I think being positive is half the battle won already!! Haha!! Big boobs who doesn't use brain!! Haha!! =) no lah it's called using brain efficiently!!

Hehe!! I am going for my deforestation today.. This time all off!! So will last my entire confinement ++..

Tweety,

u going to induce???

Yolk sac,

hope ur bb will gave u sign tonight[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mikio,

Dont give up! The beginning is always hardest...the milk will soon come in! Press on! :D Jiayou~Try to let your bb latch on so as to stimulate the milk ducts, you can try express the remaining milk after that. This was what I did when I had my boy~

tweety: Well done! You're far more patient than me. I'm going down the induction route, but I will probably stop here (at the gel). I won't allow the water bag bursting until very advanced labour. And pitocin is very hard on non-epidural women. But since I'm doing the gel, I guess I have to quit the WAWI club!

Gerry and Piggytoh: Oh I hope so!

Piggy: You are so right! I think the first 6-7 weeks are the hardest. Then it becomes so much more fun! I cannot wait.

Mikio: Are you also latching on? That could explain the quantity you are expressing. Don't worry ok. Just keep going. If you keep going, the amount will def go up. Drink lots of water, please, at least 3 litres per day.

piggy/fungfung: dr say bb head is low.. dilated 1cm.. but no contractions wor...so he asked me to check in tomorrow.. most likely will induce ba..

yolksac: u going hospital tom arh??

Mikio,

u r doin v well alr dun gave up usu #1 is the 1 u can BF longer for me I dunno how long I can hang on cos it taking too much of my time ESP for 2 kid but jus try to hang on n keep going..

Yolk sac,

yay after 1 st mth I enjoy every moment the first time going swimming, the first time he crawl n so many first time every thing abt him seems so cute lol~

Tweety,

icic seems like ur boi v comfy inside[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so tml u will get to see Jerrell ya excited?

Michelle,

Oh you asked whether epi will be faster.. Actually, epi tend to slow down the labour..

Mikio,

Don't give up.. It's still too early.. Just keep pumping and latching.. The first month is going to be lots of hard work!! Jia you!!

Gerry I can't tell if milk production is better after hot bath because I bath very quickly but then I did use a hot towel. And now should be better able to yield about 30 ml

Hopefully next week will be 40 ml.

Bbgoh yes same pump but my milk intake not so much.

Michelle I know what you mean staying at home can't wait for baby to come out and that time I still have a mil that irritates me but suddenly when gynae gives the date to induce I felt I haven't enjoy enough

Pearly,

congrats!!!

Vivi,

gambateh it a gd sign[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tweety,

nvm go have a gd meal with ur hb tonight[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks mommies for sharing and comforting words.

Just seen gynae. He said everything's still normal, no sign o labor. Sigh.... But he put me onto CTG, so boring. TMC's observation ward is so quiet today...

Congrats Pearly!!

Tweety and yolk sac, all the best for tmr! U finally can see ur bb soon after the long wait! Jia you!!

I am so very bored!!! hb say wanna go over my mum's place play with #1... ask him to bring #1 back... but dunno he want anot. But #1 here i cant on aircon to zz... will kill me also.

Hi ladies,

My EDD suppose to be 27 Apr but last wk check, the gyn says that the bb backside already sit near my cervix and anytime could goes into action. My bb is breech so she schedule to have csect on 8 april. However yesterday nite, i could feel big movement from the bb and it seemed the she had moved further down. Now i very worried cos hubby still in USA and only reached tomorrow.

I could feel that her head had dropped nearly to my belly button. It seemed that she will be quashed to the bottom. Anyone knows whether there will be any problems? Now i walked also like tummy very heavy cos the bottom of tummy really heavy!

Congrates to Pearly and mummies who has popped!

Yolk and Tweety

Smooth delivery to both of you. Eat whatever you want before you check-in!! :)

Michelle

Come in often as this thread is very fast and happening ha ha!! very soon you will be too busy with baby le. Be positive and stay Happy!!

Totoro

I do read e forum everyday... Now jus a bit more active to kill time.. :)

Tweety

My doc doesnt really wanna induce cuz he say my cervix everything still quite high up etc etc.. He says like that might as well c-sec but Im scared of csec. No dilation, no contraction. He prefer me to wait till my bb comes out naturally (also dunno when but hope soon la). He wants to see me every 3 days now... Sigh. ):

Pearly,

congrats and rest well

tweety,

oh ok.. excited to see your bb boi tml...looks like more and more mummies are popping these few days/weeks.

haha.. no craving also juz eat lah... have a smooth delivery

Hey thx all! It was another perfect delivery except i was crying & feeling depressed cos i think too much epidural & i was over numb, feeling like failure when i couldn't push..

My gynae used vaccuum & i refused cos no confidence to push within time limit.. If fail, have to c sect.. But i love my gynae la.. He asked me jokingly, "u wan me waste 1/2hr with u ah? I duwan la.. Baby will b out in 2 sets of pushes" So i took it loh.. True enough, 2 contractions later, out liao!

I then told him, this is my "last date" with him liao.. Haha.. No more #3 le.. He laughed..

Baby Kaelen born at 1453hrs. Wt: 3.33kg.. Length: 53cm. Head: 34.5cm..

Gerry, i think epidural helped me dilate faster cos i was really relaxed.. 4-9cm from 10.30am to baby was born.. Different ppl ba.. I love the dr who administered my epi for me.. Same dr as my #1.. hehe..

Piggy, ya loh.. I dilate so slow.. Keep telling myself epi really did help me relax so much & "untensed" me.. Hehe.

Anyway, anyone coming Mt A tml or Fri, give me a ring k! xD

So happy!

michelle: mine also said he dun wanna induce unless medical reasons/bb too big... but my cervix dilating liao.. but no contractions wor...

fungfung: heheee... =P thanks!!

Pearly,

Congrats!!!

Oh ic.. Ya for me after administer, dilation like super slow..

Tweety,

If dr doesn't want to induce and you got no contraction, why do you need to go hospital?

Wahh, just finished toasted chicken parmeasen cheese sandwich!!! Super delicious! From vending machine but super nice! & drank pokka milk tea! Yumz! Think my "hospital dinner" coming soon.. I'm starved! Haha..

Now waiting for 8pm for my catheter to be removed.. Yay!

Tweety,

1cm no contraction it v common 1 ur EDD is 8 anyway ur gynaevdun 1 bb overdue ah?

Pearly,

wow ur bb is of gd weight[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tweety: see how. I will get CTG and prostaglandin around 9am (at gynae clinic), then probably go home and wait for labour. If and when labour starts, then go to the hospital. You? What time are you getting admitted? Which hospital?

Pearly, congrats!! Did you use vacuum for No 1? Good that the epidural helped you relax. We are trained to relax despite the pain but it's really really tough. Natural instinct is to tense up which can slow down dilation.

Michelle, it's true that statistics show that induction leads to higher incidence of C-Sect so always best to wait. For me, the pros gel is a "gentle" induction - if it starts labour off, that's fine; if not, just wait a few more days lor...

Totoro, haha you are funny! Yes, now thinking what I want for dinner. Had a wonderful lunch at The Disgruntled Chef, the food was so so good!

Piggy/Gerry: cause bb is very very comfortable inside.. And water level very high.. I also dun wan bb to be overdue.. Haahaa

Yolk sac: I'm Goin tmc..

Just want to chck with mummies who had csec when u first get back home do u have difficulty getting off the bed? Cos now I'm still in hospital I'm very reliant on the bed side railings to get up. I wonder how am I going to cope tmr when I discharge.

Yolk sac, yea.. #1 exactly same style.. Same admission, process time but gave birth at 1759hrs..

I would like to ask how to incorporate pumping in hospital? I got latch also.. Do i pump immediately? For how long? Pump after latch baby?

Pearly - I would not recommend pumping in hospital because it's easier to get colostrum out using direct latch or via manual expressing. If you pump too early, it can cause sore nipples and because you won't see much milk before it comes in, you might get disheartened. My own strategy is to latch bb on every few hours while at hospital. Put the pump aside for now.

Yolk Sac & Gerry,

thanks for the advices! I had a false alarm scare today, turned out I was just alittle more dilated from all the pains and cramps felt from 11pm last night till late morning today. :d

feels bad worrying my in-laws and hubby..

Tweety,

hee i also no craving jus wan to eat all my fave food be4 confine[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aries : I get my hubby to help support me. Are u wearing the binder? After I wore it I didn't feel so scared to move around. The way I get up is the same way before I delivered, side ways then use my arms to support body up. Dont put pressure on ur lower body. Let me know if it works for u?

Jia you!!

I'm still having cough n kenna uti as well.. Have blood in urine.. That explains why I had chills n break outs in sweat.

On anti biotics now.......... So depressing

Lynn - glad you are ok now. So it wasn't labour? Just cramps? Hope they don't come back! Sounded very painful...

Pink - Oh no! Antibiotics are a pain. Now gotta monitor Parsley for thrush.

Aries

shd not be problem when at home. which hospital r u? I m at Tmc. I find the bed is too high to get up & down. it's the height problem not us.

yolk sac

to me who got problem on holding Bb on latching I rely more on pump but I dun have problem in getting colustrum. yst I manage to get total 80ml of colustrum in 3x of pumping after Bb latch after at follow by milk alrdy & so far dun have nipple cracked. but I ll try my best to learn in position latch her on since she can suck well.

Back