(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

babywonder

Enfalac is for newborn - 12 months, not newborn - 6 months. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi babywonder

welcome.

think u follow shin recommendation better

i saw e tin for enfalac is for newborn n e tin for enfalac is from 6 mths onward. so i assume enfapro is for newborn to 6 mths old.

personally, i think enfalac/ enfapro are good. my no 1 n my no 2 drinks enfalac n enfapro. so far so good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tks shin for ur info.

no problem! There's an "overlap" of the months so by right enfalac (stage1) is good till 1yr old too. Personal preference if u wanna switch to enfapro (stage 2) after 6months

Hi mummies! *waves to all* I'm new here... My baby girl is born is Sep but this thread looks fun and happening, can I join? Are there other Sep mummies here too?

Marrissa, don't feel pressured into stopping breastfeeding! I think it's wonderful that you're still doing it. If it's comfortable and natural for you and baby to nurse, keep going. Stop only when you're ready to. You shouldn't feel guilty at all. Your aunt is terrible lah. I'm still pumping and it really is so troublesome with tons of washing up to do!

Hi booboobear

My baby's born in 28 Sep. Hehe.. She's born in my 37 week, my EDD is supposed to be in Oct..

Marissa> ya lor, ignore. Same as booboobear, I'm also still pumping.. So troublesome. Sometimes also added stress of not producing enough milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I full time pumping since my baby doesn't want to latch anymore.

My supply drops a lot when I have cough for 1 week+, and now I'm healed, my supply doesn't replenish back. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].

With the amount of frozen EBM I have to top up my diminishing supply, I think this month will be the last month Josie's on total breastmilk. Huhu..

Thks Shin & carebearQ !!! Im hoping bb gets better and after Isomil , shall switch if possible [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Groovy, yes yes the added stress of not producing enough milk. I'm also using the frozen stash to top up everyday.

thanks Dimple for adding me. Wah, Shaan is super cute, must be nice to hug and pinch him!

Groovy, booboobear.. thanks for the encouragement. honestly i'm not ready to hang up my boobs yet. But everytime go auntie's place she sure will comment. She finds it strange my baby is the only baby who has never drank from bottle. Partly my fault oso la. my pump a bit spoilt and im lazy. only time i pump when too engorged. But funny thing is, she can drink water from sippy cup. When i replaced it with milk, she refused to drink her sippy cup. and she's v determined. I ever refused to nurse her, she cried for 1 solid hr. haiz, i just hope eventually she'll wean off naturally. Just scared it'll never happen :S

this morning 1st time use frozen ebm.. hmm, tinks frozen ebm smells n taste diff eh?

Marissa> ya lor, frozen EBM taste and smells a bit different..

That's why, baby is smart enough to know the content inside those sippy cup/ bottle/ straw leh.. If the don't want means don't want..

I only know my colleague, the baby still latch until almost 2 years old. But she only latch at night before sleep. When stop, she just said I have no more milk for you, then next day the baby never ask for milk..

But she never total breastfeed though, so she said her milk supply is not good, that's why maybe baby only latch for comfort at night before she sleep..

Dunno if total breastfeed, I also can't imagine.. I also don't know why Josie suddenly goes on nursing strike last time when she's 3 mths old even though I total latch her, only feed her using bottle once per week. huhuhu..

Juz had hot piping fishball soup noodle [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] now feel like zzzz

Hi booboobear!!

Marrissa-- ppl like me who wan bf also cannot.. So it's actually a good thing that u r bf-ing. Be it direct or bottle, doesn't matter. Convenience n ur bb regular intake is impt. N I think latchin will ensure more supply right?

Marissa,

Dont feel pressure by your relative. My elder girl i breastfeed her for a total of 3 yrs. 1st 6 months, with one night feed of FM.From 6-18 months. Fully breastfeed, after 18 months was morning and night, with full breastfed on weekends all the way till i had threaten pre-term labour...i told her i cant breastfeed her if not bb will come out earlier...that is when she fully stopped to be breastfeed..

Hi Dimple!!

Marrissa, frozen milk smells very different. Smells a bit rancid to me sometimes but it's fine for baby.

Groovy, I used to latch my baby before bedtime. Then one day she decided she didn't want to nurse anymore. I also dunno why...

I wish I could totally latch baby. All the washing, sterilising, worrying about diminishing supply and wastage of milk takes a toll...

booboobear> Ya lor.. Somehow they just grown out of it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

The more strange thing is she's used to be dreamfed, but she somehow knows if it's breast then she will complain & won't suck. huhu.. That happen 1 mth after I go back to work and I blame Pigeon bottle M size teat for that. hahaha..

I missed the bonding when latching. Last weekend I tried again to breastfeed her but cannot, she use her hand to push my breast. hahaha.. Sometimes I still try but never been successful so far. Some more when I saw her teeth I'm scared already..

groovy,

maybe u could be right about the teat..my elder girl was using avent teat size #2 even at the age of 18 months....i purposely did that so that she will not get her milk easier thru' bottle and dun want to latch...

Hahahaha yes yes that's me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] accepted ur request

If there is a gathering I'll bring the bb sumo with me of

Possible

Groovy, Wiselyn - It never occurred to me that it's because of the teat. I think you girls are right! She stopped wanting to latch after I changed her Avent teat to the fastest flowing one.

She pushed me away as well and bit me with her gums. I miss the bonding too =(

Dunno what's wrong with her today, she's refusing milk since her morning feed and brekkie. Been more than 7 hours already, kicks and screams when she sees the bottle, so frustrating.

Hi all

So exciting to see that my boy 2 front teeth is coming out! no wonder he is so hard to please these days. Whole Fri night did not sleep more than 1 hour. On sat We all stay at home to catch up on sleep.

GSM - ha ha ha today overslept due to nice rainy weather so did not cook brown rice. Baby only take porridge for lunch as he dont like to take porride in the evening. :p

hihi, sorry to disturb.. i have 2 tins of 400g Similac Stage 2 for sale at $12 each.. Expiry 26 Sep 2011.. Pls pm me if interested...

Hi all

Hope all babies n mummies r well. Had to bring lol grace to doc 2x over the last 2 days. Finally diagnosed as having roseola fever. It's some kinda viral fever that pd said is v common among kids. He said she probably got it fro another kid. Wondering how is that possible cos she didn't play with any kids. N at most we bring her out to supermkts or malls but still no cotact with other kids. Hmmm

Poor gal has been sooo cranky. At first we thought she was teething. But fever didn't subside and she started to break out in rash. Think the rash is making her irritable. Hiyo crying macam screaming away. My ears also pain. Hope she'll he back to her cheerful self soon

Marissa

Yr aunt is mad la. U save so much $ fro bf le. Doesn't matter whether it's latch or bot. Dun listen to her. Me still pumping too but so tiring. See I'm up at this hour cos I'm pumping n reading the forum. Later still need to wash the pump stuff. Hate it!! Latching is sooo much more convenient.

Btw how did you train sofea to drink fro sippy cup? Grace can drink from it but she dun seem to drink much compared to bot. I use sippy cup only for water. N she can't hold it either. But can hold her own bot. When I use bot for water she drinks more. Was wondering if she dun like sippy cup?

My bb was suppose to be oct bb too but she too impatient. Came out wk 38 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi suwaiwai!

I'm pumping now too haha... So you are a Sep mummy too? When was your baby born?

hahaha, booboobear & suwaiwai.. I'm also pumping now :p.. But I managed to catch a sleep for 2 hours. Hubby wake me up to pump :p

Suwaiwai> Hope Grace is okay! 2 weeks ago Josie also has a high fever for 3 days! It's very worrying.. She vomit her food as well during those time. The fever only subside once she drink medicine. But then after few hours it will come back again.. For 3 days it's like that.. Then very difficult to feed her medicine too. She'll scream when see the syringe

Getting a bit sad now over the EBM supply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Becoz of the cough, my supply decreased by 50-100 ml compare to last time. Hix. Today I need to top up with my frozen EBM again, even though yest I also top up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].. And I only have less than 10 frozen EBM already. huhuhu..

Now everyday I only produced around 750 ml.. Huhu.. remembering last time 4 mths ago when I just return to work I can produce 1000+ ml a day, it's kinda depressing..

*and seeing how my baby still wasted some milk when I have less and less supply makes me sad even more

Now when I don't pump for 8 hours, my boob never gets engorged anymore leh. huhuhu..

Haha, I was also expressing at 1.30am last night but didnt come into the forum. Was in a half asleep state while trying to express. ;p

Groovy,

My FBM is also decreasing.. Not many left and my ss is also not enuff for Isaac. But I will give him BM for as long as possible. If really not enuff, then top up with FM lor. Comfort yourself, let them take FM for last feed, make them fuller and sleep longer. Hehe.

Irish,

Received the cream.

Thank you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shireen,

I sent your CV to HR. Not sure if they have vacancy. If shportlisted, they will call you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MOrning DImple and All.

booboobear, My Edd was in Oct 2010, gave birth at 37 weeks too in Sept 2010. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mommies! i'm looking for a preowned Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo. If you've one to sell, pls do let me know by PM the price, condition and location. many thanks!

welcome all newcomer,

my boy also born in sep 19 although EDD is early oct.

groovy,

try drink more Annmum milk to increase back ur supply. sometime i still drink it but most of the time is milo n soup

Morning Dimple, Apple and everyone!

Thanks Tiffy.. Looks like there are quite a few Sep mummies here...hehe

Groovy, my supply has dropped by nearly half but that's after I gradually reduced the frequency from 8 to 3 pumps a day. Your supply still looks good to me! But your girl must be drinking a lot. Mine only drinks 600+ml on good days and sometimes just 500+ml with 2 meals a day. My gynae told me before if I want to build up supply, increase the number of pumps and the supply should improve after a coupla weeks.

suwaiwai, hope Grace feels better soon, she'll need lots of cuddles...

Mummies, how much milk do your bubs drink and how much solids are they eating a day?

Hi booboobear,

My baby same as yours, tAkes abt 600+ml FM a day and 2 solids. Lunch is fruit/ veg puree and dinner is porridge. But he doesn't eat alot. Only quarter rice bowl each time. I always feel dat he shd be eating more! His arms so skinny!

Suwaiwai, poor grace. Hope she makes a full recovery today..

my girl drinks a lot also never gets fat. huhu..

Dunno whether my maid telling the truth or not when writing what she drink & eat for the day..

But on the weekend she indeed sometimes can finish all her drinks. But she didn't take much solid food yet, only about 4-5 small spoons usually then she doesn't want anymore..

She eat cereal for breakfast, porridge for lunch & dinner, and biscuit for her tea break.. And a bit of fruit juice for her dinner. Then she drink about 700-900 ml of milk everyday.

And she's only 7.5 kg up to date. Dunno where all her food goes..

Hi mummies,

Haven checked in for e longest time. Been a very hectic month for me plus a very sick one. I'm still puking almost every meal and my gynea is threatening to get me admitted for drip. I'm trying a more expensive med for vomiting n accepting his 1 wk of hospitalization leave at hm. This pregnancy is really horrible. My best friend is now e toilet bowl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but on a happier note e little one is now 2.6 cm at week 9 & active. I do hope e ms leaves me soon.

Marrissa: dun bother wat other ppl say, bf is e best way to go & I know others who direct latch all e way til 2 yrs old so it's fine. I wld do so too if my boy was willing to latch. Saveots of time washing n sterilizing.

Suwaiwai: hope grace feels better really soon!

Groovy: don't worry, try adding an extra pumping session to increase supply. I read somewhere that u can boost ur supply over a weekend by expressing every 2-3 hrs for the weekend. I've stopped bf coz My supply dried up quite abit wen i got pregnant again n i dun think My bm is very nutritious w all the puking. Was quite sad that I can't continue but at least I managed to reach my target of 8 months.

stella> Take care! Hopefully your MS will be gone soon..

Eat dry biscuit. Last time it helps in my case.. I bought Jacobs biscuit, the wholemeal one)...

If right now I eat that I don't like. haha.. But last time it really helps me if my stomach feels empty (hungry) but when want to eat I feel like puking.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb your thread.

I have some items to let go.

1. Desitin Creamy 4oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $8.50

2. Desitin Creamy 2oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $5.50

3. California Baby Calendula Cream 4 oz (Expiry 2013) - $25

4. California Baby Calendula Cream 2 oz (Expiry 2013) - $15.50

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Stella,

Havent seen you in a long while. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Take care ya and continue your BF efforts with your no. 2! Hehe.

I always joke that I hope to be puking when I was preggy, then at least I dun have to worry about weight gain. I know, it is a cruel joke and I bet I wun wish this way if I was indeed hugging the toilet bowl. ;p

Jia you, jia you.

Groovy: dry biscuits doesn't work for me, it jus makes e puking session worse coz the food is dry n tummy really forces it out. With more liquid at least it comes our easier.

Zuen: yeah hopefully wen number2 comes out I hv enough bm for both babies hehe. I did lose weight w e ms but I think I'd rather jus hv my appetite n work out after delivery. The constant nausea n vomiting is torture. The fact that ms is supposed to b a gd thing does not help how I'm feeling at all. Hopefully this bb is a girl coz e symptoms are so different.

Jumperoo

Sorry to disturb Mommies. I posted earlier about the FP rainforest jumperoo but realise my PM was off. have activated it. If anyone has a jumperoo to sell, pls do PM or email me at [email protected] Thanks!

Hi stella:

Hope ur MS goes off soon n u can enjoy ur pregnancy. I can fully understand how it feels cos my MS was almost thruOut the whole pregnancy. Really terrible feeling. Hungry eat then vomit feeling.

Im so proud of my boy. He managed to pull himself up n sit while I put him in his rocker. Finally he's learning to sit.

But headache for mummy cos scared he fall out of the rocker though got buckle but not the harness kind. Can't leave him alone for long now.

Hi Stella,

Sorry to hear you're feeling horrible from the ms. I know what that's like. From week 6 I started throwing up everything that went into my stomach, even water. Weak, dizzy and had to lie down all day. Only got up to puke, didn't even have to pee cuz I was so dehydrated. Utterly miserable. But I could usually stomach a small dinner, strange. Good thing it went away at week 16. Lost 4kg...So worried the next pregnancy will be the same. Hope your ms goes away and you get to enjoy your pregnancy real soon. My gynae also said that it was a good sign cuz hormone levels are high, but when you're feeling so miserable, nothing registers.

Groovy, stardust,

Let's hope that our bubs' appetites will improve soon, especially when they become more active as they gain mobility.

booboobear> my baby is very active nowadays leh. huhu.. Crawl here crawl there.. Quite scary nowadays leaving her alone with my maid [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Today I saw in my CCTV again, my maid lie down on her playmat and leave my baby crawl to dunno where. ARGHHH.. Thank God still look after Josie and dunno why when I saw my CCTV coincidence my maid is lying down so I can call home to wake her up. Sigh! I definitely want to change maid now. Waiting till end of this mth my mom came and we can interview new maid together.

I saw her lying down in Josie's playmat very often leh! Or maybe everyday she does that but I only bust her a few times. VERY ANNOYING! SOME MORE SHE USES JOSIE'S PLAYMAT TO SLEEP???? I told her so many times not to do that!!!!

Dunno why she doesn't like to sit on the floor or lie down on the floor! Even though usually maid from Indonesia usually sit on the floor, never sit on the sofa etc.

I remember last time my maid during my brother's time also never LIE DOWN ON my brother's playmat leh!!!! And my parents are working that time! Dunno why this maid I hate her so much now.

Hi Suwaiwai,

my girl was also down with roseola fever at 6 mths and like yours she also never played with any other kids so paed told me don't bring her to crowded places so often... fever kept coming back despite taking the baby paracetamol but after the 3rd day the fever just disappeared totally... then the rashes set in. But she recovered pretty fast, the rashes were there but she wasn't scratching herself or anything, she stopped her crankiness once the fever went away so hopefully your Grace will recover soon too!

and my maid sleep from 9 pm to 5 am. But I believed she didn't wake up at 5 AM, even though I told her to. She wake up around 6 AM. So she has a good 9 hours of sleep everyday!! And still not enough???

The worse thing is she utilized Josie's stuffs to sleep. That's the one making me totally angry. Some more can't scold her becoz I'm at the losing end, if I scold her I'll be afraid if she does something funny to Josie. Sigh..

Back