(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Last week I've tried to asked my mom and MIL to bottle feed Josie.. Sometimes it turns out fine, she can drink 100-110 ml, but other time she drinks only 50-70 ml.. Maybe because I used to latch her anytime she wants so that she used to snacking huhu..

But the main problem is usually after she drinks from bottle, she will still looking for comfort nursing. Huhu..

I'm using pigeon bottle size M, works better for her since she doesn't need to suck so hard.

*I always prepared 100-125 ml for her to know how much she can actually drink..

JuSt tried the funnel and pumpin pal handsfree pumping with my agent single pump. It WORKS! Say bye-bye to painful breast massaging petal. Hehe. At least makes me forgot a while about my ameda pump

Fifi, Wah u fierce leh. I will tell my mum straight but not MIL lo. I'm avoiding her and keep my boy minimal in contact. Can't wait to stay over my mum plc tmr/fri!

Re Sizes of teat

Hmm when to change teat ah? My boy going 3 mths but still uses s size pigeon teat. But we did poke bigger hole for him. He still drink quite well on s size.

Marrissa, maybe u can try poking pigeon s size teat let your bb try since M size too big hole?

ZueN:

Then do check if you have blocks on that side. Remember to check part by part of the breast & NOT by simply pressing inwards to yourself. You have to kneed part by part to check.

Consider to change teats. I am using Pigeon Isoprene teats (standard neck) as recommended by my LC during my #1. Only change teats, no need change bottles if its same type of neck.

Mel:

Haha. Perhaps its a boy thing. My son also has more "rejections" than my gal. Go by a "schedule" where he knows when he is getting bottle and when he is getting breast. Consistency may help.

4 hrs 260ml is rather good. Jiayou. Today was quite jialat for me as I was engaged in meeting all day & missed all my pumps. Managed to put only at 6.45pm when I reach home. So its 11 hrs! Got half a litre but very scared I have blocks.

Marrissa:

Don't be affected by what you mum says. When the time comes, there are many kids that wean off on their own actually. Just go ahead and breastfeed!

Apple:

I know coz I hear the background and its at the same time that she calls. Anyway, hardly anyone calls my house phone. In addition, after the "prank" calls, she will call my maid on her handphone. She dun know I know lah. She just think that if she call and I answer, later I fed up of answering her call. So faster put down. But since cannot get to talk to my gal through "main path", try going through my maid.

BBlin:

Yah I quite fierce de. Or I get my husband to be fierce. Its kids vs parents. Our parents can protect themselves. Our kids can't. So we have to do it for them.

I just rec a bfree bottle frm sil, gg to try one of e day. Maybe I shld try pigeon standard neck too. Spending $$ time.

Fifi,

It has been like that for awhile liao. If blockage, wun I get engorgement by now? But nothing leh. Wondering if i shld call a LC.

Hi mummies,

I am a silent reader who is also an oct mummy with a 19mths & 2mths old kiddos. Sorry for being a kpo but I just want to share some goodies with u.

For those residing in the southwest of Singapore, u can just fill up & email a form found in the following link to get a baby bliss card (cashcard which contains $38) free.

http://www.southwestcdc.org.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=179

Pls note that u must submit within a year your child is born. I have already got one $38 cashcard for my no. 1. Gonna fill up again for my no.2. Heard from my sis that this is a permanent thingy for mummies residing in the southwest. So hurry, get the cashcard foc.

Also, I have recently come across a medical hall that sells milk powder & diapers at real gd price. Till date, I still can't find such good prices in NTUC/Giant/Sheng Siong promotion. Eg. Huggies Comfort Dry is only selling at $15.40 when other dept stores is selling at $17+ during promotion. Enfagrow at $53 plus when dept stores sell at $57+. Not forgetting that this medical hall deduct $1 off when u purchase 3 tins. However, I am not sure whether there is this deduction for other milk powder brands, but definitely is cheaper than what we are getting from dept stores. Nowadays, I stock up every 2mths & don't even have to stock up too many as some Bps have min order qty. Below is the contact which u may find it useful..

REN TAI TANG

10 Ubi Crescent #01-50/51 Ubi Techpark

Singapore 408609

Tel: 6442 3027

Blk 445 Pasir Ris Drive 6 #01-96

Singapore 510445

Tel: 6582 3027

Blk 118 Riverdale Drive #01-28

Singapore 540118

Tel : 6881 3027

Blk 735 Pasir Ris Street 72 #01-354

Singapore 510735

Tel : 6584 3027

5 Tampines Street 32 #01-06 Tampines Mart,

Singapore 529284

Tel : 6454 3027

Hope that the above helps in saving more $$$. But I guess try to refrain from commenting that their price is cheap as compared to the market price. If not, they may want to increase the price after knowing that so many people go there to buy.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/lol.gif]

Help! I saw white patch on the nipple & duno is it developed blisters! Very very painful when latching & so sensitive even not touching it. Boohoo I think got blockage too cos pump also little & engorged faster. Anyone has got this problem b4? Now should I continue let him latch on or stop? Do I need to see a doc/LC?

Mummies, do yr bb have the problem of having the poo shooting out fr the back and staining the clothes. I using mp newborn size then change to s size still have tis prob.

Morning all..

Destitonia,

I used to have the problem but then i realise i did not secure the diaper tightly at the back. Try to make sure everything stick to the body while still comfortable to the baby.

Sometimes it will still shoot to te back esp when he is lying down and the poo is watery but not as bad as before.

Groovy,

Cannot ask mummys fairy to exchange for u then they deal with the broken funnels? Hope u can get ur replacement asap

fifi,

Ur mil is one of a kind. Still play prank calls some more.. Haha..

Maybe u can consider getting caller id n get her no a different ring tone. Then u dont have to answer when she calls! Lolz.. :p

hi all, i'm back after a couple of days' of absence.. bz with that daughter of mine. tomorrow going to be bz again tidying up house, do laundry etc and pack for our m'sia trip. i'm looking forward to it! haven't seen the relatives in m'sia for a while and this will be a good time to catch up properly.

buddy,

thanks for sharing the good lobangs with us! i have asked my hubby to print out the babybliss form already. didn't know that such a thing existed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zuen, xin,

i've removed jadelyn's mittens too! she doesn't scratch herself for the entire morning. she seems to be more aware that her nails can hurt her and even when she rubs her face, she's careful to avoid the nails. hope she keeps it up. but will put mittens back on for her if weather is cold or during night time.

marrissa,

your mum is the old school formula feeding type? try to convince her that breast is still best. the benefits from that bonding between mother and child during bfing far, far outweighs the trouble of weaning her off.

fifi,

i like what you said about our parents can defend themselves but our babies can't so it is up to us to stand up and protect them. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

destitonia,

i also don't have this problem with my girl, unless her poo is super mega and watery. your baby always release a huge load everytime?

Dest,

I get that! My boi often soils himself bcos he always give me mega and watery poo. It is also the diaper that I use. I use cheap, cheap drypers lah.

Destitonia: I hv the same problem wen my boy poos, especially if he's lying down or being fed. Think the diaper can't absorb e poo fast enough n the pressure on his butt wen he's lying down forces e poo upwards.

ann> Mumsfairy doesn't want to exchange for me. Sad. huhu.. She said if want to deliver the new breast flange must pay $8. Which means the price of the breast flange that they sell lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hubby will come down to infanttree to take the breast flange replacement.. How come so unfortunate got damage goods.. The box isn't bent so it is supposed to be manufacturing defect :S

Groovy, it's very sad to have gotten a faulty purchase. How is your Avent pump? I remembered it was faulty after few use right?

Destitonia, my boy stimes also soiled his top when he megapoo-ed! I will tried to lift up the back of his top when i know he's going poo to avoid soiling.

Any mummies know abt white patches on nipple? So painful during my 2 latches this morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

It's super painful but i just bear the pain. Should i stop latching till it got better?

Wonder pumping will worsen the condition?

stella,

i thought u are looking at chest freezer, if you need chest freezer there are some people who sells their chest-freezer second hand on WTB/WTS thread//

BBlin, sounds like blisters to me. I got those when I latched bb. Very painful! I stopped latching and pump instead. If you find it watery, you could even try to burst it.

Elle, how long they healed? I Juz latch my boy again, painful still but not as pain like the morning! I told him I feel pain and ask him be gentle. Hmm guess he did. Not watery leh... I tried not to burst them cos I scare bleed.

Wiselyn: chest freezer too big.

Bblin: wen I first started bf I got blister as well but jus continue to latch. After a couple of days it went away.

Diapers are on sale at Giant supermart! My dad called me said MP s size selling at $21.xx (can't rem exact). Drypers 2 pack for $22.xx. And others brands on sale as well. Will go take a look over the weekends. Promo ends 28/12. FYI!

Stella, so u bear the pain during latching? Sigh... Got Yo be like tat for me.

Btw, BF mummies, how long they nurse now and how long the interval for the next feed? My boy now nurse 30-45 mins and every 2hrly. Stimes 1hr45min ask for milk again.

Stella,

Got such a thing as mini freezer? I only heard of mini fridge and their freezer compartment is super tiny wor.

Elle,

Burst e blister? Ouch, sound so painful.

Re: cheap diapers n milk powder

Like to share this. http://luvbabies.weebly.com/toiletries--detergent.html

They r a Chinese medical hall that sells cheap diaper n milk powder n deliver to doorstep wor, provided u buy > $200. bought from them 2x. Fast delivery. Hope it helps.

Hi Des,

my boy's poo also will overflow. actually means he needs a bigger size diaper. if you still have a lot of S size diaper unused, you can place used cloth or t-shirt below his back. in case he poos, won't soil the mattress.

Thks fifi, jac, melissa. Ya my mom e ol skool fm champion one.. Lol! I tried to explain to her e benefits but she kept saying other ppl also feed baby formula, still can live wat?? Aiyah i dun want to b rude to her but ive yet to tell her dat if i had been on bm i might not b constantly n easily falling sick. Anyway i still continue to bf. She nag, i right ear in left ear out. Even my hubby say mom insist on fm coz for her own convenience.. Sometimes she even threaten me dat she will jus feed my baby fm when im not ard.

Des, ian.. Now dat my baby is bigger pampers no longer work on her. She mega poop or mega pee shot up her back. Baby had many leakages using pampers and also e new brand diapers u ladies were talking abt last wk, picolo. Mamy poko is still e best.

Is mamy poko S having sale at giant? Saw ntuc sells $24 n cold storage $20.70

zuen,

yes! we are under southwest district. muahaha! although $38 only, but application is so easy and JP so near my place, why not! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shireen,

i'm on for another meet up also. but gotta be after tuesday next week as i will be away in m'sia from sat-tues.

marrissa,

if they don't understand the benefits of BM and insist FM is better then can't help it. i told my mum the reason why stage 1 FM is so damn expensive and no discounts/promotions/samples at all is because government encourages babies below 6 months to be on 100% BM. only then she understands why BM is good. to her, if SG government encourage, it's good. haha!!

actually i have an aunt who gave birth a few mths ago. she has so much BM that she was able to feed her baby, her elder daughter and still have extra! but she too thinks FM is better so went to take pills to stop bfing. :/ she's m'sian... not so educated. but i think it is SUPER wasted. and here we are, some of us having supply headache. what a joke...

Ann, just saw ur blog, think we married around the same time?

Marrissa, my girl dun like to play with toys too. She prefer her daddy to talk to her....:p

Yar lor, she use to love to sleep on our chest, now she dun....

Marrissa, ur hb funny la...let them cry won sent oldd folks home ba....

My hb keep saying he can endure cold treatment but I think he say say only. n Hebe super give hime face lor....everytime he comes home she supr guai. only dare to bully me.......

I m typing with 1 hand again....

A bit sian when my friend whom haven give birth yet also ask me to give cold treatment.....

my girl she is lying so comfortably on my arms n chest now.......

Ann, wat u say on the level of crying seems true. Hebe will increase the volume lor....then I think quite max vol liao i will go pick her up......

my baby now prefers the taste of FM to BM, struggle and wail his head off when we feed him the EBM. Feel very sad, especially when the EBM is so precious and i dun have enuff for 100% feeding.

DES,

My baby used to have this problem, I realize it was due to diapers being too small. I was using pampers nb then. Then I switched to mommy poko s size, no more poo poo leaks.

Marissa, starry,

Let me quote Dr Sear's text about formula vs breast milk. Dr William Sears is a big shot pediatrician and his wife is the leader of La Leche League so she's like the LC of the LC.

"To be fair, formula companies have produced milk for babies which, at least on paper, seems to resemble the real thing. Formula is definitely better than it used to be. But on close inspection, what the factories make doesn't quite measure up to what mom makes. It is nearly impossible for artificial baby milk manufacturers to make a milk with nutrients even close to what mothers' bodies can make. And these companies' primary goal is to make a profit, so marketing and manufacturing issues influence what finally gets into the can."

"Human milk is a live substance containing live white blood cells and immune-fighting substances, and is a dynamic, changing nutritional source, which daily (sometimes hourly) adjusts to meet the individual needs of a growing baby. Formulas are nothing more than a collection of dead nutrients. They do not contain living white cells, digestive enzymes, or immune factors. In terms of human history, they are a new experiment."

If you're interested to read more, go to this link http://www.askdrsears.com/html/0/T000100.asp

I think breastfeeders can win hands down.

Zuen:

May not get engorged. Instead, reduce milk supply. So if it may be blocks, do see an LC.

BBlin:

Should be blister. Roll your nipples until the blister opens and milk sprays. Continue latching as baby may be able to open it for you too. Once open, your block behind should clear quite fast. If you cannot get it open, see an LC.

Stella:

Those for freezing are unlikely to be small leh. Those small de are not for freezing. Only for very short term storage (e.g. in office for a few hrs).

Buddy:

Thks for the info on the bb blisscard. Hb had printed out the form n posting it by tonight. Haha.

Starry:

Actually I'm also a west person. Hehe. Staying at Teban Gardens. Mb next time wen bb older then can meet up. I still scared scared to bring bb out alone. The past few outings was with hb n we chop chop go hm Liao. Went JP n IMM.

Kayden has learnt to ask for the pacifier also. Usually wen he wanna sleep then he'll cry a bit n we just give him the pacifier. Much better n easier now. He cries lesser.

Do u hv prob of having pacifier mark on the mouth? Kayden will spit out the pacifier after deep sleep.

Zuen, the breast with more milk is bigger?

Loca, white noise is what kind of noise?

Xin, what if you cant bf for a few days how? Good to let baby accept bottles too?

same as you, see baby face so red, how to bear. Hiyo.

Fifi, when u miss your pump for 11hours, would your breasts leak huh?

wah.. My boy went for vaccine and very brave didn't cry! Hehhee.. Now hope he won get fever..

This lousy mummy here fell sick past 2 days.. Sore throat, cough and fever and had to get mil to take care of baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I scared spread to him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Re: luvbabies

Yah I also ordered from them! Very efficient and fast.. No complaints!

Re: article by dr sears

Wah... This article seems to target at mummies giving fm to babies. Of cos if can give breast milk, who doesn't wanna give? But if due to circumstances or choices and have to give fm, that's the next best choice what [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I strongly believe even if I give fm, doesn't mean I'm not bring the best mum i can be what. Of cos I do agree bm is the best for babies and I salute mums who can bf for so long.. My dad told me last time there was no such things as fm and he was brought up on condensed milk - those milkmaid type. Now it doesn't make him any stupid or less healthy than any of us.

Dr sears says fm are dead nutrients? Wah like so offensive lor! So doctors like him doesn't offer alternatives to bm.. So sad lah!!! Bleahssss

Fifi,

Ahhhh.. I m trying to latch bb more on the side with less milk now. Will wait n see if e situation improves. I dun feel lumps leh. N if really got blockage, my boi shld b able to clear mah. When I was expressing for dd, oso the same side lesser but the diff not so significant.

Apple,

Ya, the side with more milk is bigger. -.o"

Jac,

Haha, I oso ask hb to go submit the form. Free one, sure apply. Hoho.

Back