(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Hi rachoho,

Slow in speech like in what sense? He'd already saying some words?

I remembered my boy, at ard 21 mths, wasn't speaking much either. Tho he could understand us. Back then, he attended parents accompanied playgroup once a week when he was 18mth old. He started talking a bit more after he turned 2. I wasn't all that concerned back then cos i do not know any other kids his age for comparison. Hahaha. Anyway, he started pre-N when he was 2yr 4mth.

If I hv my girl before my boy, I might be a bit worried now. Cos at 21mth, she's already asking the W-H-Y qn when we say no to her sometimes. She cld also hv pick it up from my boy who also always ask WHY. So I think hvg an older sibling who chatters a lot and plays with her made a diff too. I was telling my HB this morning that it is also her survival instinct that made her speak earlier. Else she'd be forgotten by everyone else with her bro being such a chatterbox and attention grabber. My PD says girls -generally- develop faster. I guess he's right...

Do u hv those kiddy karaoke DVDs? I think the kiddies will enjoy it and may be encouraged to sing. So that helps with speech too. Try it! My girl learns her Chinese songs from watching these DVDs. That exposes her to the mother tongue too, cos we tend to speak more English at home.

he's only saying go, o, car and calls ah ye, mama and gong so far.. but depends on mood too..

but he understand instructions like kiss mummy, hold my hand, come here, give me your bottle etc.. can't help but fear is it normal or autism.. but he deifinitely is very good with the ipad!

so i am not sure if i should really send him to cc soon because a lot of mummies say they really learn very fast from cc.. but i'm afraid of the always getting sick part.. but then again a lot mummies says its part and parcel of building up their immunity.. but i really can't bear my son to stay in cc for like 8 hours/day?

sighs..

Hi rachocho,

I think his dev shld be fine based on my exp with my boy. If you dont wanna put him in full day cc, try half day? Or those 3hr playgroup?

My boy started playgroup at 2yr 4mth and i thought it was good for his socializing, learning and independence. Yes, he fell sick every now and then but nothing too worrying.

Hi... May I chk with e mummies here if your 22 mths old is stil taking 2 naps? Mine is stil taking 2 naps, 1 at abt 11+am n the other at 3+pm... Is it normal to be stil taking 2 naps as she is turning 2 soon? Hope that e mummies here can share more with me, Thks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi sunshines11, yes my boy's still taking 2 naps. He's not in any playgrp nor CC...at home wif my mum. So he takes a nap at 10am and another later in the afternoon. Though sometimes, he doesn't take the afternoon one at all, if he took a nap closer to noon.

Well, i'm not sure if it's 'good idea' still for them to b taking 2 naps, as been told by some friends dat we need to start prepping them for 'school routine'. :p Means, if he's attending 3hrly morning playgrp, he won't be able to nap in the morning unlike now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1.8kg blue Gain IQ

Manufacturded in Ireland

Imported by Malaysia

Distributed by Jin Tai Tong Chinese Medicine Shop(medical hall in Tampines mart)

Expiary date: Mar 2013

Letting go at $45

Collection at tampines on sunday afternoon near tampines JC, toa payoh MRT, novena MRT or orchard MRT during lunch time.

PM me if interested.

hi there,

Any 1 planning for a meet up ?

we can have tea while our kids can have fun with the cakes ?

I would like to suggest MBS as the location to meet

Dear all,

Need advise!

My gal not drink her formula milk (FM) about 1 month already. May i know at this age, is it ok without any FM? Thx

Back