(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

hi ladies..

i started work today - not sure why, i was just so tired and sleepy the whole day! managed to pump twice, once at 12pm and the other at 530pm.

Pomme - i am not going for the CNY gathering next week..can u mail the CD to me? I can pay you for postage and envelope..

baby is refusing to sleep the whole day..now is he wide awake..laughing and doing his baby talk.

eczema - my little boy had a rash on his neck that has been lingering for a while..it spread to a wider patch on Tuesday and we brought him to see a pd at United Sq (our regular one at Mt A is on vacation). The pd said it is eczema and prescribed some steroid cream..and he also said that the eczema is going to get worse. The rash has now cleared (after 2 application) and i am hoping that the doc is wrong. I still do not see any other rash on his entire body..and his skin is really smooth and clear. Anyone has any experience with eczema??

yvonne,

Ha,ur towkay reali angelic la...so guai..bt reali got the towkay look leh!nxt time big towkay!lol. Thanks for adding me in fb.. :p didnt get the chance to tok to u much,hopefully can chat more during cny if u also going :p

Jess: ur xmas cd is with alice.

Jrgal: chat nx time. Me not going for cny party. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning mummies!

Just wanna ask, how often do your babies poop? My girl hasn't pooped for 5 days. Today is the 6th day. Is this normal? She's on bm and fm.

Morning mummies,

Hi Angela, mu baby also dun poo daily. THere was a period where she did not poo for about 3 weeks. She is on full bm. When I checked with PD, she say that it's ok. As long as baby is not cranky and still has good appetite, then no need to worry.

Mama G - Gosh! 3 weeks would generate a lot of poop then! The last time she pooped only after 4 days, then on the 5th day I need to change 4 diapers to catch all the poop. All watery one. I wonder how their little tummies can store so much crap...

today finally can rest for half a day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] sat another half day, sunday another half day..i noe my hours are weird...

it is totally impossible to come forum or facebook during working hours

Gatherings

since i start working, i think i dun dare to inititae buffet gatherings with u gals liao..cos i already had my 3rd buffet last night..2 more coming up this sat and sun..so that makes a total of 5 buffets in 7 days

my work consists of many events and there usually is buffet served at the events

given my greedy self, so hard to resist temptation and walk away from a buffet layout lor

Ebelle

hehe, great to be meeting u soon at cny

MamaG

yes, i used my made by mum nursing shawl..so less conspicious compared to nursing covers..

like u , i also dun like to be away fr my workstation cos firstly too much work to do and also not so nice that the boss sees me missing when he needs to discuss any work issues..

at least now, if he happens to wan to discuss when i m pumping, i just off my pump and talk with my nursing shawl :p

Weiting

with Ebelle coming and another $30 budget, can we order some hong kong mees fr caterer ?

Leila

thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] what i am afraid of is my 2 kids will start hugging all the rest of the 15 babies..then jialat

Pinkyluv,

I check the beehoon will be $1.80 /pax. So we might not have enough for drinks if we order? Or we order the mee in 20 or 25 pax than we will have some bal for drinks? But i scare not enough to eat~

Angela, Yes. After she pooed for the first time after 3 weeks, she continously pooed for 2 times a day for the next 2 to 3 days. Like finally get the stopper out of the system then the poo just flowed. Haha...

Pinkyluv, for me I used nursing shawl and a jacket to cover myself. Including me, there are altogether 3 mommies pumping in office. Sometimes my boss would ask us how come we need to pump so many times a day.. think maybe she keeps hearing the pump throughout the day.. Haha...

Jac and Chin

You need to look for Mag to get ur Xmas photos cd. I was previously helping to answer the mummies queries cos Mag don't come in often. YOu can collect from CNY gathering if you are going. If not,please sms her at 90073277.

Preparation for weaning

Mummies planning for 6th mths weaning can refer to this website recommended by Mag. I find it quite useful as i am doing research now for 2 mths later. http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

Keiseki gathering pic

Can mummies post on forum for us?

Here's my boy laughing untill mouth kui kui.Enjoy your weekend.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4976573.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4976574.jpg]

BTW, Carrefour is having sale for Fitti premium diapers. $19.90 for 2 pkts. L is 38 pcs and M is 44 pc. So works out to be 26 cents per pc for L and 23cents for M. I have been waiting for nearly 6 mths for this lor.

Beco baby carrier spree

Jrgal and any mummy wanting to buy Beco baby carrier

Seems like another sept mummy (Elle sie) is organising a spree for it cos i saw the announcment on fb. If you are interested please PM her.

mommies need to let our my frustration..... ~~

my husband first of all tell me if i am working i need to contribute to family expenses (first fight)

and then now he tell me not to work (2nd fight) and then he say he compromise and ok with me going back to work when our last child is above 3 years old and whether i want to contribute is up to me... (3rd fight).. its like 2 days one new rule..KNS~~~

best thing is, i was just informed that the family elders want to renovate/sell of this current place i am staying and just found out they want to do it in March~ for god sake, didn't even bother to tell me or ask me when i am going to australia. My FIL just rang me just now as i was talking to him about maid issue and then only i found out. He said he talked to my husband, and say: He didn't tell u meh?? wahhhh ladies can u imagine how i feel.. what type of husband do i have.... Reallly... Sooo pissed off~~~~~~!@#@!#@!

want to call my mom to tell her but if i do would only make him look worse (which he is already). Damm stingy Damm calculative. Don't know why my eyes or mind was blinded when i agree to marry him and to have his child.

He tell his dad i am going over in Feb! Gosh.. i already told him it would be after my bro wedding in march and earliest in may as i need time to pack etc etc... is it really men think handling house issue are so easy? pack a bag and fly. I am really sooo angry...

guess a bit too late now right,, crystin is already born...

Kris > I can't thing also as he up then wil flip from one end of mat to the other side. I like Watch dog. Hope u like the beco sori I didn't adjust to suit ur size as Adjustment fits me n Hubby just well so didn't want to lose it.

Phyphy> glad u taught me new way to use beco thks. That's y gathering is always good

Hi jessica,

your baby's head is so round! Envious!! My baby has developed a flat head on one side, cos she has been sleeping too much on her left head since birth. Now we want to change her sleeping position is like fighting war with her. Real jialat, we have to bring her for physio now. Now already 4th mth old, dont know will it be better when she is older and can sit upright.

Clueless

Calm down calm down... I think your hubby maybe frustrated that you and bb are not there with him and and a bit insecure that you are dragging ur feet to go over(of course with your own good reasons also). Also he was busy working until he forgot to inform you and start to do desperate actions?

Clueless> I really feel what u go thru. Think u better get him back for a home ground face to face talk m iron out all the issue. Else very difficult to communicate isn't it

clueless,

Hugz....(pat pat) I understand how you feel. I am also staying with my PIL. My worst encounter is rat in the house and biting all stuff that contains food e.g. bread, instant noodle, chicken cube (for making soup stk). Now all food are kept in plastic container or in cupboard before everybody goes to sleep. My FIL brings back a lot of junk and they are left in the front pouch which is meant for parking car. Thus, invite rat. Can't solve this cos' FIL is the owner. I have explain to him many times but still no use. Give up liao...

Fitti premium diaper sale at Carrefour. Lelong lelong. $19.90 for two pkts. Seems like they sale only every 6 mths hor. So do grab if you like it.

Sarahmay says it is as good as pampers. I have personally try both S and M and it don't leak on my boy. Can last overnight too but i find cutting is small. Similar to Sealer.. longish and slim cut type. WHen i upgrade size, i always use Fitti first cos smaller cut.

Both me and badfifi going to get L size for our boys.

Clueless,

Agree with leobaby. Need to see him face to face and talk it out. Don't accuse him first, let him tell you why he din inform you and ask him calmly the underlying reasons for him wanting certain things to be done in such way. Tell him marriage involves two and things should be done only when in agreement by both.

clueless

hugs*

dun be sad but think it is because he misses u all and wants to use a quick n easy way to get u over, alto it may not the right way but most guys dun think so much

when can u both meet face to face ..think that is the best way to communicate your thoughts

think sms or emails are both nono

if not face to face, maybe a phone call..

pomme

my SIL looks so happy ! =p sigh ur DIL never laughs like that..hope next sat, he can influence her

Jessica

hehe, alto botak but ur Chesed still so happy

talk to him already (via IM) becos i don't think i can even talk to him on phone as i am so upset.

He explain that he too was not aware of it (house part) - funny thing, his dad say he told him. Oh well, don't know which is saying the truth but maybe the men themselves are not communicating correctly.

As for me not working part - i don't know ladies. I havent' talk to my boss yet to ask for work from home in australia (eventhough i think chances are low but at least i gave a try). Somehow phobia like if not working, i would have to totally depend on him and become finanically dependent on him...then he become "ya ya" .. maybe i am over sensitive or over worrying this but i see many real cases that once wife quit it is like their voice also turn down volumme haha

then he suddenly tell me not to work now but before he say he prefer me not to but it is up to my choice but would want me to quit if we have number #2.. but now say after bb 3 years old then can go back to work. He never ask me whether i want to be SAHM or not.. just "decide" for me.. thats why i am upset.

thanks ladies for your advice and comforting.. i am cool now.. ;) guess it is just another part of marriage that i have to go through.

clueless

with ur good sense of humour, i am sure you can resolve them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clueless - I emphatise with you. When I first got married, I encountered some of these issue you are facing in varying context. I thk it has to do with the different culture and the way we are brought up as well. Communication is key.

Cheap babycubes

Just to share. Found from other mths thread that this place sells the cheapest babycubes (like ice cube tray to store puree and bb food) at $12. Have bought one liao.

http://babyetstars.com/index.php

BTW, Mag and i are thinking of sharing to import bb food from Happy Babies from US direct. Any mummy interested too?

Just for fun.. i realised that once a mummy buy something and share online the rest of the mummies will also buy them.

We have the nursing wear, bb carriers, bumbo seats, MIM nursing bras, cheekybon bon nursing cushion, pigeon teether, leg warmers, beanie, etc. I think we should just do bulk purchase next time to save costs hor. Or get discounts from the seller before the rest of the mummy go and buy.

The power of advertising hor... mummies power is more powerful.

Hello mummies!

Clueless,

Hugz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4977832.jpg]

pinkyluv > thanks .. but i think it would make my blood pressure go up like nothing.. seriously few days of fight with hb, my ss drop dramastically.. so piece of advise to ladies, ur mood and emotion is a big factor that would effect ur SS~~!

Chin > nah.. i think it is his family culture more likely. his cousin are quite uptodate with information, it is just him~ hehehehe

hi chin,

mine also has eczema,pd said her skin is dry got to moisture it,only give us moisturizer,what steriod cream ur pd prescribe?

solids

any 1 going to try to give solid at 4th mth?

leobaby,

Thanks for letting me try the carrier. No prob on the adjusting part. I just wan to try putting Elise in to see how deep she'll go inside the carrier. Cause Too small size so she always seems to disappear inside the carrier. I'm still thinking if i should buy one or wait for her to grow bigger and use the infantino that i have 2 yrs ago.

Pommelow,

Oh.. you're tempting me to buy the carrier..

Pomme - re Happy Baby food...is this brand good? Let me do some research later this weekend, interested to join u in the bulk purchase if good.

Joyce - can not recall the brand offhand. Will check and let u know. the good thing is that the rash has cleared and i see no new rash all over his body..maybe the diagnosis is not right..

is your girl's eczema mild?

Clueless - hugs..hang in there! how was your trip to Indo?

Fitti premium - my girl goes well with it due to she is more towards petite size so fits quite well. No leak so far and can hold quite long but due to my personal preference i seldom let her wear a diaper more than 6-8 hours if i can even it is not full. For the price carrefour is having, worth getting it.

Chin > indo trip went alright. Very tiring due to i was a bit nervous when plane take off and landing time. bf stand by mode all the time. Packing for her was tiring and it as only for a 4 days trip~ but was lucky. take off from sg she was asleep (i had my nn on stand by mode - putting right in front of her mouth due to she rejecting bottle) and she was sleeping all the way on my hand and leg for 1.20 hours.. and i didn't move much.. xiong ar!) on the way back, she make a fuss also at the start but did suck my breast for a long time as she was hungry.. heng it was just enough to put her to sleep.

my next trip is to msia on 29th .. but getting my uncle from msia to come down to pick us up as i don't want to get into the rush with everyone in the airport. 29th Sat the airlines will definitely be fully booked~

Thanks, Pomme.

Ya, I am organising BECO butterfly baby carrier BP at $165 inclusive of courier. Pls let me know if anyone interested.

Pomme Low,

I think i'm interested in the Happy baby food too.

Mummies,

can you'll advise ergo, beco or BJorn which one is actually better? I read that Bjorn is quite popular among mothers. But most gathering i go with u'll only see pat wear before. The rest all into beco and ergo..

Pommelow,

Tks for the info on the beco spree. Dunno if I shld buy cos now she likes only front facing, worried if I buy beco n she doesn't like it then it is wasted.. Bt still quite keen cos look so nice leh.

Kris,

I using baby bjorn cos Beverly likes to front face, I felt baby bjorn not bad as the waist support is v.good. However,Design wise it is nt so nice as compared to beco n ergo. Anyway, I got mine Cheap at the last parenthood forum at abt $120 for a synergy. It was on sale so I got that,bt limited colors to choose by the time I bought,so got an army green one ;x

Pommelow or mag,

I interested in the babyfood also[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when r u all consolidating orders?

Hi elle,

I will go try today or tmrw at the showrooms to see if my ger is ok wif beco since she is always front facing,if so then I can order. U onli taking in orders for butterfly 2 right?btw, when will the items arrive roughly?

Joyce, chin,

My girl has red patches of facial rash during her 1st month. I went a non-regular PD n she said cld be due to something I eat. Prescribed cortisone cream (steroid). Eventually got better. She hv rashes now and then but not as bad as previously. But now I see some dry patches of skin on her thighs. My regular PD say cld be eczema and gave me physiogel AI cream. Looks like it's just a lot of moisturizing. If rash develop, may need a cortisone cream.

Joyce, OP

The cream I was given is called Axcel Fungicort (also with steroid). The PD mentioned that he has some fungi infection. It has cleared now - I am just applying one more time later this evening.

OP,

Yes, PD also told me to be careful of my diet. I was asked to try stopping cow's milk (I have stopped drinking milk) and not to take nuts (I have not been taking this anyway).

Think for our babies who are prone to rashes / dry skin we just have to be extra careful. I have even changed the bath soap.

Pomme - thanks for the link. Heading out for lunch now, so will check later. My boy has started waking up more at night...could be that he needs to have some solids in his diet, given his weight. He is now 9.2kg! Will check with PD next Tues.

Clueless - we are going to Indo end Jan, for CNY. I think I will be like you - on super standby mode all the time! Haha..glad your flight went well!

Kris: Manduca? That's what Yvonne and I use. There's an infant insert that some with it and u can adjust the height according the size of bb. If u keen go to Square1 and check out Sling and Carriers for trial then u can see if Elise suits it.

Happy baby food spree - buying for own consumption nia. Am buying now to stand by for 6th mth weaning. Interested mummies please add to the list. Please browse website for food range and variety http://www.happybabyfood.com/

1)Mag

2)Pommelow

3)Krishojw

4)jrgal

Chin

Just add urself to the list if you are interested. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

How to know if your bb is ready? (From wholesome babyfood.com)

1) Loss of tongue-thrust reflex

2) Ability to let you know she is full from a "meal" with signs such as turning away from the bottle or breast.

3) Ability to sit up and hold head up unassisted

4) Doubling of birth weight

5) Frequently waking in the middle of the night when a solid sleeping pattern had been established (excluding growth spurt period)

Kris and jrgal

I think i would have bought beco if i have know about it earlier. It seems to do all ergo can do and more (pass bb to another person to sling on carrier) Reviews about bb bjorn seems like when bb exceed 9 kg it will be very straining on the back.

Ellesie

You are welcome... not easy to get beco here and seems like other mummies interested.

Kris n jrgal> Beco infant insert comes together n can adjust BB to the height u want. Butterfly series only face u the other one I think geminal or what can face front but will not have one additional layer for easy transfer between different ppl carry 

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 12:32 pm:       

Happy baby food spree - buying for own consumption nia. Am buying now to stand by for 6th mth weaning. Interested mummies please add to the list. Please browse website for food range and variety http://www.happybabyfood.com/

1)Mag

2)Pommelow

3)Krishojw

4)jrgal

5) Leo baby

Hello Mommies!

Pomme, great pic of Gideon! I still recall how u were waiting so long for him to smile. Now he loves smiling yah? =)

Very tired out frm first week of work.

Daniel started waking up at 2-3am just when I started work! Been like that since Monday night. I was so upset, thought we went through sleep training quite well already... But I think it's growth spurt. He suddenly had to increase feeding, and could drink 180ml each feed for 7-8 feeds! As if he's an 8kg baby, when actually he's only 6kg.

That big drinking volume tapered towards end of the week, but he can't seem to sleep 8 hrs at night that he used to. only managed 6 hrs last night. Hmm, hv to re-train.

Back