(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Happy Brand New Year!!! :D May this year be fruitful to mummies and babies!

Can't see this forum again for the last few days. Wonder is the website prob or hb's computer? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

leila,

thanks for loving the cookies! :D Please let your boy drink more water cos choco + cookie is heaty. mmm... selling? hehehehe... I do sell my cookies during cny in fact now I have some orders on hand, let me plan my time cos now got two kids on hand, will let you know again can? Thanks for your great support! :D

pinkyluv,

wow... predictable! hahahaha... Thanks for loving my cookies too! :D

Happy New Year to all Mummies n ur families...Sigh... was initially looking forward to go back to work on Monday...

But when I went back to my office yesterday to transport all my barang barang and set up my workstation... My supervisor spoke to me to tell me about the work that will be assigned to me when I go back next week.. I super sianz liao. Sigh...Hehe...

Talking about working clothes.. Yah.. I have also been looking around for workclothes...

Perhaps I will drop by Iora tomorrow to take a look. And also have also not bought any clothes for CNY yet... which is just round the corner... Sigh... Sometimes I feel so fat that I feel so demoralised shopping around for clothes. Hehe....

May all your hopes and dreams take flight in this new year!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4949070.jpg]

Wishing all Sep 10 mommies and babies a very happy and blessed year ahead!

Jaycelyn: Thx for the info.

Mama G: Understand what u mean...shopping not so fun anymore. PLus the limited time...I always feel as though I am becoming like a guy, go in chop chop take and go...and to make things worse...most clothes cant take and go cos don look gd. But hor...I still eating and just had half a pkt of chips...hehe...lack discipline. Maybe I'll be more kancheong come the next 2 wks.

OP: Ur bb is soo cute. U r gd, coping with 2 and so active[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CCpet: How did u train DS to zz thru?

Moms: My bb not drinking much in the day so will always get up to get makan. I know she is suppose to drink more in the day but can't force it down her throat...any advice???

Hi mag n pinkyluv,

I will be coming with my hubby too, bt a little bz with our new house, so will transfer money by latest monday, sorry can u juz count him in also. Thanks!

OP,

your photos always bring SMILES to my face! :D

milk supply,

recently my supply is very limited till Christy always PULL my nips... hai... so worry that it will disappear by it's own.

ebelle,

Took the pics when #1 hvg his afternoon nap. Anyway, didn't take more than 15+mins cos her mood doesn't hold for that long.

I fixed up this other pic with some iPhone app called Photo Captions and sent it to my friends. Made the pic look nicer. If you hv an iPhone, can check it out.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4949473.jpg]

ebelle,

Here's another cheeky one. Editing the pic with the iPhone app to include the blurry frame and caption din take me more than a minute! Fun, isn't it?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4949495.jpg]

Cheap Tutus

Can check out those pasar malam selling kids clothes. I just bought another pink one at the pasar malam outside Hougang Mall. $9 only! By far the cheapest! Too bad they only have pink....

Ebelle, re training bb to sleep thru the night - think the key is mk sure he's full. He's on full BM. Initially, While someone bottle feed him about 100ml thawed ebm, I'm pumping out foremilk, and after he finishes ebm I top up w hindmilk on my breast. But now that he's used to sleeping thru - abt 1plus week - don't hv to bother about this complicated ritual. I fed him breast only at 9.30pm last night, and he's not awake yet. I'm pumping now, got woken up by my wet T-shirt!

Oh and when DS woke up at night, if it was just pee and not hungry, just pat and repack him to sleep. No loud noises or light. I use the study lamp in his rm to see when I'm changing him. I leave the rm even if his eyes seem wide awake cos I'm too tired! But I guess that helped teach him night and day. Of course he may mk noise such that I hv to go in and whisper half an hour later- shh Daniel, it's night time, time to sleep...

He used to expect milk but I realized hd drank very little in these night feeds so tried to coax him w/o offering milk.

Hi mommies, how many feeds a day r ur bb's doing now? DS now 5 when two wks ago was 7. Down to 6 cos he stopped waking at night, but so fast 5. Not sure If it's bcos I do CIO for his day naps that's why can't eat?

OP really like your creativity! Ask u har, if u had a boy how would u dress him? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

OP,

There's pasar malam outside Hougang Mall? OK.. Must go and check it out later today liaoz. Hehe...

Ebelle, Yah lor. Sometimes if it's just tshirt, I will just estimate the size then take n go. But for work clothes cannot lah.. Must take and try leh.. coz need to Jian Ren one.. Haha....

Just like that day when I went for the Isetan Pte Sale... I ended up not buying anything for myself (although some of the discounts were not bad) coz see all the nice clothes like cannot wear like that.. SAD...

ccpet,

Are you talking abt dressing the boy for taking pics?

We had fun making #1 wear funny ears and hats but dats really abt all. Nothing elaborate. But i think can try the nude + angel wings BUT must make sure the wings are the more macho kind (Pat has a pair in her website). Offhand, I can also think of topless + surfer shorts + sunglasses lying on top of macho magazine (not Her World or 8 Days hor), glass of cocktail/can of beer + lying on tummy on beach mat maciam suntanning. Can also be on deck chair by the pool, bottom wrapped with white towel. Or wearing a cap n tee that says LIFEGUARD. I also like army style. Camo pants, white muscle tee or tee that says COMMANDO/US ARMY n the likes. I think you get the drift. Just think of the macho macho stuff.

I also like my boy to hv at least a set of more formal attire. Shirt + pants + tie. He has at least 10 v beautiful ties (zippered type) but getting to be a lil too short for him. *sigh*

phyphy,

I top up abt 1-2 big electric kettle worth of boiling water on day 2, 3 and 4 dpdg on how cold the water is. My tub is in the sun so it gets heated up somewhat.

OP - really like your gal's photos, look really pro. And u got so many ideas, maybe next mass outing you can be the photography director ;)

MamaG - I also went for isetan pte sale. A lot of pple q-ing @ cashier. Actually, I always reserve clothes in advance cos no time to q on actual day. I also feel quite xianz shopping nowadays cos with a tummy, a lot of nice clothes cannot wear. Think I can understand why gals go aneroxic, with so many fitting clothes on sale.

My trick now is to buy clothes which are loose @ tummy area.

Happy new year mummies!

bb, after my #1 was born, i also got to buy tops that are loose ard the tummy. Now after #2, the tummy is still very if not even more obvious. Sianz lor for CNY, dunno what to wear, wear what also look fat.

Hihi mummies,

Going to work in another hour time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Btw for mummies who has already started work, any idea which is better:

1) Pump 2 times (30mins each pump) in office & clear breast

2) Pump 3 times (15mins each pump), stop when flow is minimal

Kopi Kaki @B1 AMK Hub

Anyone staying ard the hub? Love their sandwich set! Roast chicken/egg mayo/tandori chicken/spicy sardine + coffe/tea for $3.20. The sandwich filling is v generous! Lovely!

Hi

Clothes

Which brand would u all recommend to buy which have bigger side?sad sad need to buy new clothes cos can't fit in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi, any mummies staying @ jurong west? I'd like to noe if there's any hair salon to recommend for bb 4th month hair shaving. ^_^

Tks in advance!

hello hello!!

HAPPY 2011 to all mummies, daddies and babies! =)

Ever since I started work, dun have much time to read forum liao!

Can I check something? the last time when we were at the Xmas party, there was some photography rite? When are we getting the pictures? or have the pictures been distributed liao? :p

op

i try to warm up the water by pouring a few 2.5 litre of boiled water but just cant to make the water warm.the top is warm but the bottom is still cold.

i left the tub in toilet if put at the balcony area scare he will catch a cold when swimming

Morning mummies

Any mummies not returning to work yet? I returned to work a few times ad hoc and really don't feel like going back to work seeing what is going on in the office.

Jeslyn

I believe pumping 2 times half an hour each is better. If you leave the breast not fully empty, it will reduce ur supply cos ur brain will think don't need to produce so much?

Mango

Thanks for your recommendation on the bibs. I have 3 of the wonderbibs and went to buy 2 more. Mothercare having 15% off for wonderbibs now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

OP

Love ur pics of ur girl. She is such an angel. Just realised she got perky lips.. should be good kisser next time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

YOu still let ur girl swim nowadays? I switch to letting Gideon swim in the mornings cos i think afternoon swim he will ham bin after that cos he very cranky at nights after one week of late afternoon swim.

Phyphy

Normally i will add 2 full kettles and 2 full 1.7 litres of boiler water. If the water is too warm, they will not be so active kicking in the water, cos too shu fu liao. My tub i place it in the kitchen cos toilet too small. Wun kenna oil since i wun be cooking.

Bat girl

The DVDs are ready liao. You joining for CNY gathering? Can pick up then. If not, You can contact Mag at her no 90073277 if you want to pick up from her urself earlier. She distributed out the dvds in the last gathering organised by Jo last thurs. I din go, so am picking up during CNY.

Jo,

Answering ur call about playmat. I have one 1.9m by 1.3m by 1.5cm LG Prime. I am coming by taxi on my own as my hubby got to run errands, though he will be helping me to bring it into the taxi. May i know if such a play mat can fit into the boot of normal taxi? Need leobaby's help with underground carpark directions to the function rm from the gate and someone to help me carry the mat up.

Zara and mango sales

This season's wares not really to my liking. Din find anything great.

Jessica

Your girl is so darn cute!! HDB shops may not necessary be cheaper leh, like only a few bucks cheaper. you got lobangs? I normally go Toa payoh to buy.

Jess...

U r not alone... It's taking like FOREVER to drop my weight!!! Sighz... It's so easy to put on but soooooo hard to lose even 100g!!!

I still look v much with my big tum. That day brought Mik to my hb workplace, one of his colleagues straight away asked me "u din do massage meh". Sighz.... I know I know... I still look bui. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hair...

I'm dropping a lot of hair... Really dread combing my hair after bath nowadays!! After I comb, definitely can see HUGE CHUNKS of hair coming out & I will feel v v v Kek Xim. N every where I go, sure can see hair on the floor in my house! How I wish they are $$ instead of hair on the flr instead!! *dreaming*

Anyway... Am at the salon now. Cutting n rebonding. Hopefully hair loss will b lesser.

Zara sale..

Bought some Hello Kitty clothes for Mik n NOTHING for myself. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mango

My hair also dropping.. Like will clog up the toilet by tuesday if i do cleaning on sat. Sad sad sad.. normally will clog up after one week de. Some more now Gideon likes to grab my hair.

Zara

Din get to see the kids section cos i went to Marina sq branch. Got anything nice for boys?

Pomme,

Ur toilet will clog by 1 week... Mine will clog out in 3 days!!!

Zara...

U ask Sa La Lang Liao cos I only focus on gal gal things [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shopping...

Die liao... Have been buying so many clothes off Mik...

Pampers is on sale at Cold Storage. $38.45 for two packs. Works out to be 29 cents for L size. Should i buy?

I already have 2x mamy poko M jumbo, 1x pampers M44, 1 x Petpet L and 1 x fitti basic L.

phyphy,

I pour 2xelectric kettle of water BUT it will not be really warm warm. It just makes it less cold and more bearable. On a hot day, I use only 1 electric kettle of water at 5pm b4 the swim (my tub is placed outdoor at the car porch). On a no-sun day, I use 2 kettle of water.

Actually, unless your balcony v draughty, else don't think will catch cold cos balcony is sheltered? Once I carry my girl out of water, my mom will remove her swim diaper n immediately wrap her with towel. So far so good.

Mango,

Who say difficult to lose 100g? If weigh b4 n after a shit session, confirm got lose 100g! Surely the puddle shld be at least 100g? Plus pee! :D

Lizzie,

I use Pet Pet Size M for my girl. Can hold pee overnight for abt 10hour+. Hasn't cause rash on her butt. I think it's decent. Oso use Fitti Basic M. Can also tahan overnight 10hour+ like Pet Pet. But the cutting is a Lil shorter than Pet Pet. Fitti basic is cheaper tho. $13.90 for 80pc M size Fitti compare to $16.90 for 84pc M size Pet Pet.

Pomme,

Yes, Megon still swimming, but mostly abt 5+pm when water sufficiently warmed by sun on a hot day. And I won't be sweating while watching her swim. If swim in morning, which she still do, but rarely, you'll c my dad n mum carrying an umbrella each to shelter her! Peng!

Swimming mk her feel a Lil tired but she dun necessarily z better leh. Sigh man. At night she still get v disturbed in the z and kick her legs in the air till she wakes. I used to place a big adult pillow on her legs to keep them down. Now she can raise the pillow up with her legs till it sometimes flip over n cover her face! I think I nid to tie cannon ball or something on her legs, like those bad guy in jail which you sometimes see in those old cartoon. :p

OP

U so cute... haha. Tie cannon ball. U should be glad that ur gal got good leg strength. Hee

At the monment, my boy had tried the following:

- Huggies (give him very bad diaper rashes)

- Mammy Poko (the best diaper but abit ex)

- Nepia (not bad, but can feel the wetness from outside when the diaper is full)

- Fitti Basic (got leakage prob)

- Fitti 360 (not bad but I find the cutting abit big)

1st day at work today and no time to come in at all to see forum

in total pump abt 300ml in total from 800am to 530pm..quite jialat hor

i pump at 8am, lunchtime and 5pm

P: when the pump sound started, my colleagues tot my PC got some issues

Pinkyluv wow u very kot lat to pump 3 times in office! I pumped at 7am and lunchtime. errm total yield of the day is around 380ml. Not fantastic either.

Pinkyluv,

Hahaha! So funny your colleagues tot Ur computer gonna Peng san! :D Actually I also tot of expressing at my desk cos v troublesome to keep hvg to go to the mother's room to pump. However, I heard I got some new "cubicle neighbors", so I'll need to see got guys or not. Afraid they get grossed out. :S I oso tot mabbe I can use a pillow to smother the pump so that it won't be so noisy. Come to think of it, my old Ameda was much noisier than this!

Lizzie,

Well, I guess you're right that I shld be glad abt the leg strength. But when she keeps kicking me at night when we z, it gets to be a bit irritating. Thinking back, her elder bro almost nvr kick me when he was little (we co-sleep). I z better with the bro than with her. *sigh*

sian man! Cavin kanna HFMD again! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Got to separate him with christy. Within two months, kanna again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] LUckily still on ML, can't imaine if he kanna again when I start work then I have to take leave for 5working days. Leave not enough ah, GOVERNMENT!

Karen,

Oh dear!!! Sorry to hear that!

If kena b4, won't hv immunity one? You mean it's not like chicken pox, kena once then will mostly not kena again?

OP,

I thought so initially, once kanna will have some kind of immunity but seems like no leh. Who knows he kanna again so fast and he is the 1st suspect case. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Been to doc, there is no medicine for HFMD, only can wait for him to recover by himself. I also popped by medical hall, TCM says give him pearl powder. So I am trying loh, bo bian liao, anything everything also must try.

Hi pomme,

What are the names of the shops in tpy?

Hi Jessica,

Nex got a lot of shops,which are the ones u would recommend?now no time to shop ,got to aim,try and go

Heard the s to xxxxxxl shop very ex

Jessica

For Bigger size clothing, u all can order from taiwan spree also. Orangebear have bigger size clothing. Quite cheap also. :D

OP - like your ideas for dressing up boy babies! But after my first day at work, i feel so peng san, dunno when i'll activate your creative ideas..

First day at work - Drank black tea and also pumped and kept the milk, then after coming home, hb dun want me to give this freshly pumped milk to Daniel, cos got caffeine, and Daniel not yet 6mths.... I'm surprised each time pump abt 300 to 400ml after 6 hrs! But breasts super painful before each pump man... Hb froze the milk when i got home, said when bb older then give.

Ask u mommies do you all drink caffeine drinks?

Back