(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Leo_Baby: I pmed u already.

OP/ Jessica: I oso tried to NG-ing tune today. My bb oso look at me with the 'siao ar what u doing' look so I failed too:p

Mango: I oso keep going for buffets. Next wk got gynae checkup, my gynae sure got something to say...sian...I wanted to sign up for those sliming package but pp say q useless...

Yvoone: Hanabi, I wanna come ok. Eat already then diet...heheh and I wanna know what is that salmon belly that u all r always talking about.

Our Manduka not bad but my mom not happy cos she says that my bb ger shouldnt open legs so wide, next time can't walk properly???

Moms, when do growth spurt occur? Is it fixed by the weeks?

Thanks Jessica.

How long to process bb's passport? Bb face changes every week, will look different by time of travel from the pic taken anot... Haha

I can't wait to go travel. More than a year since I sing the song - 'leaving on a jetplane'

Re 16 Nov gathering - As a FTM, i was quite overwhelmed with all the babies. Still not used to it. Good to know how many of you multiple-time-mommies handle it!

Jessica - thks so much for refreshing our childhood memories! Wah, u really love children and teaching them. I've got lots to learn from u!

SarahMay - don't recall seeing someone with your nick, oops. I'll PM u regarding ur BB einstein...

Baby talking? - hb and i thought we heard bb say some nonsense syllables tonight other than "eh, Ah, Air!!" But when we asked him to say again, he just stared blankly at us... ok gotta go, not sure why he's crying now!

Jess,

Go lah.... Bring chesed!! Want to see ur boi!!!

Ebelle,

Do join us!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jess

yes. pls come! wana see Chesed face to face lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hanabi gathering near cityhall

23rd Nov, Tues lunch buffet 1130am to 230 hanabi @ odeon towers

Mag confirmed via sms

1. Pinkyluv

2. Shinchan

3. Mango

4. Yvonne

5. BabyT

6. Hushlibb

7. leobaby maybe

8. mag

9. Ebelle

anyway, i think our Orchard Hotel Hi tea is a super good deal, came back fr a pals' gathering & my ramen + 1 drink exceed that..

The Ramen taste not that nice also...The place is AOBA Hokkaido Ramen

had mine at the IMM branch

Yvonne

wow, sound good ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i am looking forward to next tueday ! will have a light bfast then =p

SarahMay,

Me young? I think I am one of the oldest there liao. That time when I called up Elfa, they didnt even want to put me on the waiting list coz their list was already too long. They are that popular then. Btw, are u lookin for childcare or kindy?

Yvonne,

I also practising the poo poo training that u taught. First day he really did and I was stunned and think that it might be a fluke. But he did it the next 2 mornings! Only this morning didnt, but maybe coz I didn't hold it for long coz was bz. When I make "gek" sound, must make with a smiling face, not scrunching my face else my boy will "bian chui" and start crying. haha..

Leobaby,

U not coming to collect from me this weekend are u? I not in sg liao. I will bring it along on that day.

Who went for Babies Prom 12.15pm session just now? I saw u when u brought your gal out (to washroom?). I recognize u from the buffet gathering though we didnt chat .

starluster> Since u driving you can bring that

day right?

MamaG> Thanks for playmat loan. U drive? if you do can just bring that day? If not them PM me your address I see can arrange SAT to come.

Still paging for Chewy to reply me. Any one got her contact.

Tinkerstar,

The ICA officer told me that we will have to CHANGE Denise's passport once advise by the custom officer, which means we have to pay $70 again. This is unlike olden times, where we can jus stick on a latest photo on our existing passport and used till expiry. However, she told me that we do not have to worry abt frequent change as the custom officer will usually advise only when the baby is 2 to 3 years old.

Pinkyluv,

AOBA Ramen no gd meh? I was quite impressed by the crab ramen when I visited their ION outlet last time.

Jessica,

Come lar.. Come and catch a breather. If u can use both the stroller and sling if u are afraid that Chesed will chu pattern if stay in sling for too long.

BabyT

Wanted to go for the buffet but My gal is having fever .. The double of their weight thing is a gange to c if Bb is growing well or not. If hit more than double meaning growing v. Well but if less then not gd maybe pd will suggest somethings.

T1 also just hit 6kg when she is 6mths old , she is those skinny type (11kg@29 mth) . Don worry abt the weight as long as bb eat, drink n poo well ok already.

Leobaby,

Yes, misunderstood thought u coming to collect.

Jessica,

My head thinking abt u, but dunno why typed yvonne's name instead :p Will keep up w the training coz he is those kind that dont do biznes everyday. Then after 3~4 day can see he very xinku and harder to feed. I am not stayin in serangoon, am staying in tampines.

OP,

Forgot to answer you, and yes u look very familiar. In fact quite a number seems familiar, maybe seen via FB photos bah.

Starluster it was me u saw at bb prom just now... The beauty of toilet training - half way thru she insisted on gg pee. Asked her to pee on diaper she dun want -_-

tues lunch I onz! Yvonne sorry didn't reply u coz was busy settling the kids after being out the whole day.

Jessica,

U say Ng-sai 5min is too short? Then how long shld I try before I give up? I Ng 5min v tired Liao. Put all my heart n soul into putting up a good/convincing act! V draining mentally n emotionally ok? If u ask me Ng 5hr, I will roll over n die!

starluster,

U well done man! How many mins/hr did u Ng-sai b4 ur boy poo?

hushlibb,

I told him I won't bring him out for my bb buffet gatherings liao n he v sad. His "Yi yang zhi" make me super 提心吊胆. *sigh*

BabyT,

My SIL's bb birth wt is just slightly over 2nd. She nvr bfd much but give FM instead (I think she nvr even partial bfd for more than 2mth). Her bb at 7mth has tripled the birth wt at close to 8kg!

If I look at #1, he was 3.1kg at birth, 6.7kg at 3mth n 8.5kg at 6mth. But that dpds on family genes also. Me n hb n our parents are the sort that will easily put on wt n not skinny type. My BIL is also overweight since young. Next jab @4mth, if Ur doc is not concerned, then I guess u shldnt be. So long as Germaine feeding well, shld be ok.

SarahMay,

I couldnt recognize u at the buffet n I just realized why! U cut Ur hair!

Yes, I lost 5+kg extra on top of my 2nd preg wt. Now am back to my pre-1st preg wt in 2006. N I'm eating more than when I did during preg. The wonders of bfdg! :D

Sorry din get to really tok to u that day. Bb cranky n I hv to hawk over #1.

Sarah

Hello, I did not go for the hi tea, cos I just got well from sore throat then and still got bait of cough. Plus, recently baby cry and fuss during car ride. Better nit go for everyone good.

I am going to bring bb for her 3 month jab today. Will the jab caused her to have fever? Anyone can share the experience with me?

Shirleen: im not sure, u got to check out with users of beco like leobaby or hushlibb. Me along with Ebelle are using manduca.. Which i think is good! Hehe. Sarahmay/ Tigerlily are using Ergo..

Jacelyn: okkk. I forgive u..

attendees for Hanabi lunch

I will call and reserve on monday. Hw many bringing pram?

SarahMay,

Forgot your other qn. My boy nvr went thru terrible 2s stage. I think it's delayed n coming in full force now that he's 4 n more independent n articulate. U shldnt heard his NOOO! and OKKKKK!!! Hard not to get angry with him when he obviously understd u but refuse to comply.

Of cos, he has his good days, like what you thought u saw on Tues. He was going ard at some point creating a ruckus with d bbs which u didn't notice.

My major consolation is that he doesn't roll around on the floor and throw tantrums when we're not buying stuff for him (toy/ice cream/donut etc). I don't like to handle such situations n i can hardly tolerate bad behavior fr my own kids but tend to be more forgiving towards others (yeah, double std). You know, my friend had to switch to contact lens cos her son kept pulling off her specs from her face! I don't believe bbs/kids cannot be taught not to do this and find it utterly ridiculous that she has to change her ways to accommodate to her son's behavior!

At home, I'm the disciplinarian n "bad guy" n he tend to be more "careful" when he's ard me, like not jumping on escalator, down the stairs cos I'll whack his leg since I've told him countless times not to do it. And the best tg is, when i asked him y i whack his leg, he cld tell me the reason. N when i asked him y he does it, he'll tell me he's notti! Some parents don't believe in whacking their kids. But I think when it's something v serious like extremely bad behavior that keeps repeating despite counseling, n when there's a safety concern (self n others), cannot give chance. But his dad don't care one lor. Go shopping like in his own braddy world n even if his son lost a hand or foot while with him, he also won't realize one lor! So he'll do funny tgs on the escalator n go unnoticed when with HB.

OP: i agree with u! I dislike kids with bad behaviour especially when at public. I lagi hate it when parents scream and whack their kids in public.

I believe in going hm and teach them a lesson, at least this is what i think la.. Dont know if when d time comes, will i be able to tahan till i get hm not? Hahaha.

Yvonne, is manduca easy to use? thinking of getting one..my bb getting heavier liao (almost 2 mths, 5kg). Soon i may have biceps :S

Got a baby bjorn, but dont dare to use le... like not as steady as manduca..

23rd Nov, Tues lunch buffet 1130am to 230 hanabi @ odeon towers

Mag confirmed via sms

1. Pinkyluv

2. Shinchan

3. Mango

4. Yvonne

5. BabyT

6. Hushlibb

7. leobaby maybe

8. mag

9. Ebelle

10. twirley

Twirley: yes.. Its easy to use.. Do drop by the shop at novena sq 2.. Think its baby slings and carriers or something... U can bring ur bb there to try n walk ard d shop c if ur bb likes it? Mine fell asleep in less than 3 mins .. ;)

Hi, Jessica

Have pm you my mailing address. Please advise the amount to TT and ur bank a/c.

Thank you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi I'm from the nov mummies thread. Can anyone recommend me your confinement lady if she's good. Need one urgently. Thanks. Can pm me too.

Yvonne,

I'll be bringing stroller cos later going shopping mah.. U dun wanna bring meh? But I'll be bringing the carrier oso lar, in case it is so cramp, then I'll eat with her in the carrier.

Twirly,

Y u dun dare to use bjorn? I have been using it for my girl and so far she hasnt fall off from bjorn yet.. lol

But is your baby a boy or girl? Cos I heard from Yvonne that bjorn may not be that gd for boy's 命根..

OP,

Wat yi yang zhi did your son do?

Ya, I oso dislike kids misbehaving and parents scolding at the top of their voices in public.. hope I will know how to discipline them in time to come..

Shirleen: Ergo is a v good carrier.. had used it for my #1 for ard 1-2yrs. the only negative is baby cannot face outside but my elder boy was ok with it. he slept v well in it and the weight was spread over the body not only on the shoulder. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] gonna use it for Jayden too when he is 4mo.. lastly ERgo is good for bf-ing baby when they are bigger, can bf in sitting position :p

Hi Adelynn

Could u advise on the use of infant insert with Ergo? I do not know how to place bb legs..her legs not long and flexible enough for me to put one leg at each side and think she is uncomfy when i put her legs in front....

saw the mummies using other carriers during jap lunch at somerset..bb look so comfy and mummies looked so relaxed and not bulky!!!

shinchan, Yvonne,

I think if go home then scold the kid for bad behavior, may lose impact liao. To me, best to correct immediately. I'll pull him to one corner or quiet stairway/exit in malls n give him a piece of my mind.

If I do whack my boy in public (usu jus a single whack on his hand, leg or backside), it's to get him to wake up his idea immediately for something that he's been told not to do countless times, n not let him think he can get away with it. I won't over-beat the kid in public (actually I don't do that at home either :p). Later get called up for child abuse. Also must maintain 形象. Hur Hur Hur. :p

shinchan,

He use Yi yang zhi to point at bb, trying to get their attn to play with them, but he's pointing too close for my comfort. Trouble is if he's not careful, can accidentally poke bb eyes!

aries mum: erm i nv use infant insert at all bcos i use sling for baby before hes ready for ergo. from what i see in the ergo homepage the baby seem to be in "standing position" when using the infant insert.

Mayb you wanna take a look at the youtube videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljx9I-1-APw

Cheers

Bfdg in Ergo?

Actually I can't imagine how to do it. When I carry my boy in Ergo last time, he's already reaching my neck. How then to position him close enough to suckle? Won't d bb be hunching?

OP: ya i did it before when he was nt so tall.. but not everytime success.. must see his mood

Hi Jessica,

Sorry, may you kindly burn a copy of the cd to me too, didnt login to forum for the past week. Was staying at my mum's place cos hubby flew overseas, no pc at my mum's hse. I will pm u my address. Pls let me know the amt to TT. Thanks.

Regarding the maid issue, I discussed with my hubby, but he is worried that if we change a maid might get a worse one. At least this one is timid and toot. Cos his relative change to a second maid, and the new maid beat the elder boy secretly. Is only when the boy use hand language, yi yi orrh orrhh to his mum, then discover this. I just hope this maid will improve...

The other mommies pls email me your add.

1. changi (by mail)

2. Pommelow (by mail)

3. Skymom

4. Sabrina (by mail

5. tinkerstars (picking up today)

6. Gloomybear (by mail

7. Mummy82(by mail)

8. jrgal(by mail)

9. Shineshy (by mail) (by mail)

10. Phantus(by mail)

11. Chris

12. Jacqueline

13. Badfifi

14. aries mum

15. elle (by mail)

16. Brownrice

17. Sugarong

18. weiting

19. tracey cupidth (by mail)

Adelynn - where to buy the infant insert?? My ergo will only arrive next week... Uber sian man... With all the rave reviews I can't wait to lay my hands on it...

Shirleen> what I like about beco is it's not bulky like ergo (very padded) n I carry bb like a bag I can transfer the carrying of bb to another person without having to remove bb from carrier (ergo cannot do that). I hear from a few ppl abt slight upset with ergo Liao. So far beco has been good for me. Hubby need go toilet just unbuckled pass to me like a haversack then I take over it's that easy n also can bf. U can YouTube for beco carrier n they will show u. Beco it's not so readily available in singapore but someone say got bp going on. I think hushlibb say one can chk with her

BAbyT: in the SMH BP thread u google for ERGO got 2 BP selling i tink.. S$45 if i not wrong.. i nearly wanted to buy but not worth cos baby 3mth ++ already.. u tink about it ba [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

op: never went thru terrible 2s? amazing! i think u hv high expectations of ur son...which is good. he is really well behaved. breastfeeding in ergo, need to loosen the straps n sorta push ur nn upwards. hehe...i still can bf my son but guess he is a shortie la.

starluster: eh u old then i must be ancient loh.

ebelle: nice chatting w u tt day! u are really looking fresh. dunno how u do it. take bb out alone still can look so cool n pretty. i will prob look like a wreak. haha. btw i think brown is prettier tn black. less warm too.

jessica: btw u teach at nanyang ppri, do ur chn get priority entry into p1?

leobaby: wat do u mean ' few ppl abt slight upset with ergo Liao'? wow dinno can pass bb around so easily!

babyT: no need to buy insert. 2 more mths can use as is. dun waste money.

BECO

met a lady using tt but she says she stopped using it cos feels too warm as cloth wraps around the body more snugly.also some men may find cutting too small for them . tt was why i opted to buy ergo instead so my hubby can use.

but it is really pretty....

BECO BP

think u can just do a google.

disciplining kids

when i see people shouting at their kids in public and attracting more attraction than the kids that misbehave, it is a reminder to myself to stay calm and collected at all times =p

op

think ur boy is v well behaved [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] since i hav been sitting v close to u at both buffet gatherings

so far din bring mine to the gatherings cos they confirm cannot sit still

oops i meant...do a SEARCH on this forum for BECO/ERGO under BP or Overseas spress

Ebelle, missed ur comment abt ur mom not being happy w bb's legs spread wide apart. My mom too before and she asked my gynae abt it when we were there. Know what my doc said?

" Nonsense about bb's legs becoming too far spread tt they cannot close legs later. If so, all Indonesians in the villages will be walking funny."

On a more 'scientific' note, i found this article about what to look out for in infant carrier. http://www.continuum-concept.org/reading/spinalStress.html

Tigerlily - u don't need to use??

Miss sickening and miss SB - me taking train alone with Germaine to meet my mummy at orchard... You all can do it too... Must be independent... Cannot depend too much on cab...

yvonne, ur manduca sounds good le! can sleep in 3 mins! tempting me to go buy.. haha

shinchan, mine is bb girl.. so no issue there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my bjorn is a hand-me-down, so maybe doesnt look as steady bah. or maybe i just vain, want to buy new carrier.. haha. plus the manduca has the waist belt, supposedly less strenous on ur back when carrying baby. true?

Back