(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Starluster, Yvonne: I can't slp well nowadays cos tummy big n gets in e way. N bladder so full n always needs to wake up n pee.

Tinkerstars: ur Edd tmr, it's soon lor. Haiz mine is 30th sep which is super last day of sep. I think I will b e last to pop le.

Adelynn: see u all pop le. I feel like I'm waiting way too long. Ma chiam go exam, den everyone finish le. I still here stress n waiting.

Sweet mummy, trust me, waking up to pee n tummy gets in ur way is much better than baby crying n waking up for feeds. Lol.

Enjoy!

Adelynn: lol, Ya lo. Sure gt pple post fb one. Haha

http://picasaweb.google.com/107435811188765719302/MummyBabyStuffs#

dear mtbs, sorry to disturb again. have added many new items. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i've alr delivered my gal & looking to clear the abv items. hope mtbs can find them of interest to u.

pls refer to abv link for related pics & descriptions. all items are described to the best of my knowledge. items u see in the provided link are all up for grabs (except for those that have been RESERVED), items once SOLD will be removed from the link.

if keen, pls SMS to 96495528 for fast deal. pls do NOT leave PM or postings in the forum as i'm unable to keep track of them. calls from unknown nos. will not be entertained.

here's wishing all mtbs a safe & happy pregnancy!

sweetmummy: when pop nvm impt baby healthy yea? pop early when baby not ready also no use [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] we all suffered together in the pregnancy.. so we know how it felt!! hugss hang on!

yvonne: haha ya funny la tis morn i was replying to chrissy then sudd everyone is awake n feeding. hoho

haha.. all mummy become panda lo.

last time was panda due to wake up n pee now is for feeding. mummy so noble right. anyone still looking pale? hubby say I look pale but i eat all confinement food leh n yet I still look like ghost.

yvonne,

did u go back to dr wong for post natal check? I went yesterday n first time doc did was snatch my bb to play completely ignoring me. duhz. after playing then he check my pressure n wound. after 16 days I lost 8kg nia still got 5kg more to go.

as for feeding, my son drink 80ML at 2hr interval. is it alot? my gynae say too much. but if I don't feed 2hourly he will scream n cry like mad.

Yvonne, Adelynn: ya I noe aft baby born is another tiring journey. But... I'm so alone now lol. Ok I need to b patient, like wat ade say baby will pop wen ready.

BBL: ur gynae so cute, snatch ur baby n play. I think diff gynae diff opinion ba. My sis de say it's ok as long as baby's growing well.

BBL: yup. N this is d first time i saw dr wong smile so much n talk so much. Lol.. Ur bb drink alot leh. Mine only 70ml every 3 hrs.

Tt day i went back, dr wong first thing is carry bb then after he check my stuffs liao, then he wanted to carry bb again but hubby tot he wanted to open d door for us n he jus walk out. Lol.

Did he tell u nx visit which is 1 mth later he wanna tske photo? Lol

Hi mummies,

I think i am going nuts soon. Feeling so dirty all over and lack of sleep plus so many visitors. Sigh..

My Gideon just puke out his whole afternoon feed, together with the gastric juices (yellow one same as the one i puke out after birthing when the epi side effects kicks in. Previously he puke out pleagm onto the floor twice liao. I see liao so heart pain. My CL say puke out liao bb will feed better and say wind in the tummy is normal for bb (just more or less. Do you think i should bring him to see PD?

He is drinking like 100 ml per 3 hours in the night and day time about 80 ml every 3 to 3 and a half hours in the day.

Just changed to new sleep wear and doing pumping and kenna all over the milk during manual expressing.. Sianz.. can never be clean leh. Feeling so sticky even though it is rainy weather.. So pek chek.

Pomme - U can try removing your bra/top when expressing and use a bath towel to tie around your waist area to catch spilled milk when expressing. Tat's what I do so I don't feel so sticky and yucky throughout the day.

ladies

i wanna ask.. my boy's cord dropped only on day 12 and today's day 15.. we noticed v lil bleeding on the belly button.. wonder if its ok? don have such prob for my #1. the PD did tell me will bleed a little if cord drop.. i jus wanna confirm. cos when we change his diaper we see bit bit blood on the diaper..

pommE: cool down.. i sit infront of the fan when i express.. no choice id on wanna sweat! ya like bb i take off my bra more relaxing..

Im sleep deprived!!!

My boy wakes up for milk every 3 hours during the day. But during the night, he wakes up every 1.5hrs and he cries to be carried because of wind in his tummy......argh....

bbl

wats ur bb weight? my LC mention that total milk bb drink per day=150ml*bb weight

pomme

irs gd that bb puke out the pleagm but as for the gastric juice will have to chk with doc or pd.

Yvonne,

hahah ya lo..first time see dr wong so happy..smile so much..

and i gave him bb bewborn pic..he say aiyo n he dont wan that..cos bb too small..he say full mth take another one..he wan big big one..

ya seeing him in one mth time..he didnt mention take pic leh..but he is cute lo..hahaha

Adelynn,

My bb cord also drop ard day 12..after that i realise got white liquid like plus..n MIL say its normal..think just use the alcohol wipe to wipe it gua..if it is red or swollen then must see doc..

Adelynn, is alright. after my gal's cord dropped, still got some red brownish thing discharging out. But CL said is ok, even though the cord has dropped, the wound is still healing, not fully clean yet. she used the cord spirit to continue to clean her wound for a few days. now is totally ok already.

Jessica, Congrats on your newborn! Glad that your pregnancy journey is over, take good care of yourself, so u can look after your baby well!

SugarOng, I let my baby drink about 90ml every 3 hrs feed during nite (on FM), and same 90 ml every 2-2.5 hrs during day (EBM). My gal is a superb fast drinker, she can finish it say within less than 10 min. That is why I think she is not keen to be latched, cos my outflow is too slow for her. No choice, I use pump instead.

Mummies, I got a lump near my armpit, that no matter how long I tried to massage, it is still there. I am really scare the blocked duct has become a cyst. should I consult a LC? My ML cant clear it. I dont know what to do with it. It isn't painful , but when I press it, is pain.

tracey

continue to massage urself till it clear and if can latch ur gal on and massage at the same time after a few days ,it should clear

Sugarong: my ml is Mariam 81337558. Hope it helps.

Starluster:I m not sure if breast massage can up our supply I only knw is a must if u got lumps n block ducts so need massage to let milk flow out. Latching i believe is still the best stimulation. When latching my gal if i scared my flow too slow n she keep falling asleep now i will massage and compress breast at the same time so more milk go into her mouth i can see her swallowing faster

Hi mummies,

I'm letting go of 2 brand new standard neck bottles 250ml @ $6 each.

1 tin of 400g Similac Stage 2 milk powder, selling at $12 each.

Letting go of Medela PIS Advance (Backpack) @ $460

Good condition. Used only a few times.

Warranty included till June 2011

Interested parties, kindly Email me: [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4529495.jpg]

Hi mummies, i have given birth on 19 sept... its a long labour and i will update the birth story when there is time..

i have problem with breastmilk.. my milk just kick in yesterday but is just tooooo little. my breasts are turning rock soon.. im taking fenugreek just yesterday with 2 tablets.. any solution to make my breasts not so hard and more milk come in asap? i scare my milk supply will stop as my girl does not like to latch on that much

bbtigger

try hand express,it better than using pump as ur breast is hard now.or u can use warm towel and do massage .it wil help the milk to flow out.onces u find it soften ,u can start to use pump to pump out.

Bbtigger, dun take fenugreek now. U shld keep on pumping every 2.5-3hr to tell ur brain to stimulate milk. It is very normal to pump little or no milk now. Taking fenugreek now will worsen your engorement. Be patient and maintain gd mood when pumping. Massage ur breasts while pumping will also helps.

Any mummy using combi stroller? My friend is buying us one but i don't know which model to get. Any feedback is appreciated

Pomme

I bought combi stroller, is called well comfort, 4.5 kg. Becos frd reckon this brand, is light. Well, we didn't do any research, saw this one we like and handy so just bought it.

Hi Sab,

Thanks for your feedback. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It is really helpful. My hubby and i din actually look at strollers all this while so din know what to ask for.

Yvonne,

I think their budget is $400. Miracle turn too ex and also the new model's wheels a bit small leh.

BabyT,

My milk supply dropping cos i have been lazy to do warm compress and just do quick massage as and when i remember before pumping. So how's ur situation?

BBtigger

Congrats on your smooth delivery. Looking forward to ur birth story.

phyphy

My boy puke again today... but not after every feed though. Still monitoring.. Dr advised to reduce the feed amt. Gideon has pass the 4 kg mark liao since monday. Still have problem in reducing feed amt cos he will cry for more after finishing the 80 ml feed (used to give 100ml). Really difficult to choose between letting him cry on and on or let him puke cos both outcomes are not desirable. Been burping 3 times per feed liao and using pacifer to reduce dependency on suckling.

Difficulty in carrying and pacifing baby by mummies

Any of you have problem in settling your bb down when they cry for milk? Gideon can smell milk from me and he will just get pek chek after trying to find the nipple and got none when i carry him. Really wonder how to sustain after CL leaves cos that leaves me alone with bb. Carry him also jia lat.. don't carry also cannot. Frustrating.

pomme

so fast Gideon pass the 4kg mark already.

sometimes is not that they are hungry but rather they wan comfort.

last night travis finish his 80ml of milk @ 7pm then the daddy came to carry him .

travis keep crying n looking for the nipple and hubby hinted that travis need milk so i latch him on @7.30pm.8pm travis still crying and i ask hubby to chk the nappy if its wet and hubby realise that travis tummy is very hard,told me not to give him anymore milk.

after that i take over to carry travis,i put him

against my breast and after a while he stop crying and goes to sleep

exclusive pumping only

i really pei fu u gals who pump only,i try to pump only for ytd and i got engorgement already

Morning mummies, my princess, Khloe Wee, has finally arrived yesterday on 23 September at 1215pm. She arrived exactly on EDD and I made it without epidural.

Morning mummies,

Tinkerstars, BBtiger and Jessica,

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the sleepless club...

phyphy,

have you consider giving him pacifier? i'm thinking of doing that already, cos sometimes barely 1 hr after she drank around 60ml, she's seems to be hungry again, but doesn't seems that hungry yet making noises..so i'm thinking of starting her on pacifier to see she's really hungry or just want to suckle for comfort.

TS,

thanks for the info...yucks..insect, not sure if the similac in singapore are from the USA?

My elder girl drinks GAIN from the same company...*shrugs*

from abbott website

Singapore NOT Affected by Similac® Powder Recall in the United States

Release Date: 23rd September 2010

Consumers in Singapore should be assured that no products distributed locally by Abbott Nutrition are affected by the recent proactive, voluntary recall of Similac powder in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam and some countries in the Caribbean

Hi Sept Mommies /MTB..

I'm from dec 2010 MTB, as i guess most mommies are in the midst of doing their confinement or ending their confinement soon.. can anyone recommend a good confinement lady? i need it urgently as my edd is in 3 DEC..

Thanks!

Hi all thanks.. didn't know after delivery is really stressful and tiring. hardly has rest as i need to settle down home issue, baby and esp the breastmilk.

phyphy, popone, thanks.. finally i manage to pump 40ml this morn and feeling much better after the pump.. but if my breast still feel abit hard, is it normal? if not what does it means?

now i can only bottle feed my gal because she is too impatient for milk when the time come. and she is soooo cranky at night.. crying so hard every hour. and now she is sucking the pacifier so well.. really no choice to give to her because her crying will add more wind to her stomach

pomme, haha, its almost not a smooth delivery.. i had a 36 hrs of labour, fail to dilate after the induction...

17/9

1pm - admit to anenatal ward, ctg for an hr

4pm - tablet inserted for induction

10pm- start to have some contraction

18/9

12am - contraction every 4-6mins, still bearable

1am onwards- contraction every 2-4 mins, very unbearable and no laughing gas to use at the anenatal ward.. contraction cause my back very pain and its the back pain that causes me alot of pain and whole night cant sleep. so exhausted

3am - dilate 1cm

6am - dilate 3cm

8am - crying and was transfer to labour ward. had laughing gas, and finally feel so much better

1.30pm - nurse ask if wants to sleep.. YES!! too tired.. and given pain relief on thigh and finally i can have a few hrs sleeps

2.50pm- dilation remain at 3cm

5.50pm- epidural given together with a dip to fasten the dilation

9.30pm- 5cm dilate

19/9

12.06am- can start the delivery

1.40am- start pushing

then come the chaotic....

unable to push the baby out. begged for vacuum suck but head not out enough... being rejected also as they insist me to try naturally.. pain is getting intense and unbearable. the doctor checked that baby may be in OP position and that's why cant push out. cry cry cry, inhale laughing gas are all i know i can do and getting more giddy due to too much inhale.. gynae alerted.. crying very badly and ask for epidural top up but was useless. when gynae came... i begged her for vacuum.. initially still want me to try push but still can't, no more energy, too painful and kiwi cup in to turn the baby, last push and being push out with the help of kiwi cup...... and that's 3.44am

baby head with abrasion [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

BBtigger

really not easy for ur case but bb still out safely

travis is the opp of ur gal,my milk flow too fast for him and he keep screaming and crying for help,so no choice got to pump.

i think its normal for ur breast to be hard(firm) after pump as mine also like that.at least u feel more comfortable after u pump out

anyone know how long we can keep the heated ebm at the room temp?

Dear all mummies,

Specially new mummies, pls pls do not let your breast become hard, which is the cause for little flow of breast milk. You just have to be very hard working at massaging both your breast to encourage good flow.

Cause, I have heard from my sis that if the breast were to become hard and for a long period of time, operation might be needed to remove all the harden milk in the breast. I do not wish any mummies to suffer like that.

So, remember, must massage and massage and massage ok?

Good for mummy and also good for bb.

tigerlily, im too chicken to see my own stitches...haa....neber change dressing til remove stitch tat time, gynae changed for mi...before tat, postpartum day 1 to 3 when i was still in hosp, gynae checked n dressing is clean....dressing to be removed tml or sun...i prefer got dressing as prtective layer but the hair tat is growing out fr the tape is killing mi...gynae no prescribe mi cream...he says my stitch looks good n if skin is ok, stitch will look ok...he says 1 month later can do massage but i may start late cos scared the inner stitches still raw...i started confinement food once discharged but no chicken in the diet til stitch removal - mil says must see the wound "pretty" anot....sui sui then can eat chix...u so good, lost 10kg...i tink i eat too good stuff....last weighed on mon n i oni lost 3kg nia...must be put back fr all the BU food...i still got abt 8kg to lose...at the rate im gg, seems tough...

starluster, indeed frustrating on slow drinker...now she seems to improve a bit liao...30-45min...better than nothing....

tracey, envy ur bb is a fast drinker....

tinkerstars, big congrats!

phyphy, maybe ur bb jus wanna comfort...mine oso like tat....yest we put ruyi oil and on music ...seems to work...u might wanna try...

Back