(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

SugarOng,

So who's taking care of your baby after u deliver?

My hubby is the 2nd oldest daddy among our frens, another fren gave birth same yr as me, mum 37 & dad 44 that time but that's cos they pak tor & married late. Now they also want to try 2nd one after being motivated by us. Very brave hor. I dun think I can still give birth after I pass 35.

my hubby is 3 years older than me

talking of childbirth, we v kiasu ..my gal was born 9 months after our customary wedding, but she is 3 weeks plus premature lah

rite after we come back fr honeymoon 2 weeks after wedding dinner, we end up in KKH cos i was wondering y i am still not pregnant..

the joke is my menses came last day of my honeymoon, meaning tat we already miss the ovulation as the customary dinner was after ovulation..terrible bio knowledge even though i was once a bio students until sec 4 :p

the reason is also because my family genes r quite bad, my dad's sisters ( my aunts) all got their wombs removed and one of them was b4 she could give bith [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my cousins also got wombs problems with a lot of things growing inside , one is undergoing treatment for Zi Gong Ai ( Uterus Cancer) and her sister passed away last year fr the same illness

i was scared so tot better gave birth b4 my womb kenna any thing, looking at how bad the family history is

and like wat i was telling Leobaby when we met up, i have cramsp throut the whole month , not only a few days b4 or after menses even b4 having my 1st child

my pals were quite concerned and asked me to consult a doc

b4 i could find out the underlying issues after marriage, I was pregnant, so until now still dun noe the root of the prob

in fact, during both my pregnancies, also have terrible cramps that make me break out in cold sweat, it happened once in gynae room in 2006, but she also couldn't tell why

Pinkyluv,

No wonder u chop chop also. Ya lah, I will also chop chop if I were in your situation. My mum told me most likely I difficult to get preggy cos like her mah. My age gap wif my older bro is 6yrs & my younger bro is 4yrs younger than me so can c the gap quite big given that generation. Like my MIL best lor, 1st child at 28, then 29, then 30. Subsequently still aborted 3 more after my hubby, tried to abort my hubby but my hubby stubborn, kept clinging so after 2 rounds of abortion medicine, she stopped & decided to give birth to hubby. When I first told my mum, she said my MIL very super productive lor.

Jynnsan

no worries, my sil kiddos 5 years and 3 years were v attached to maid but once she leaves for her home crty, that's it

sugar. that was the feeling, we don neo which is which.. kind of worries..

karen. you are xin lin xiang tong with your bb gal.. she neo you wanto feel her movement..

badfifi. i cant move forward my gyne appt ealry cos i sign the package with them have to pay extra if i change my appt.. but from wat i heard you mommies comment i think i felt abit fang xin..

my next gynea appt have to wait till 5june.. hope bb is fine.. cos doc told me protein leakage too high will affect my placenta also.. hopefully everything are gg well... finger cross..

jynnsan.. you dont worry so much abt the maid ... i think is not a big issue..baby still have your hubby and you surely they can survive de.

Mag

sounds so familiar, my hb's mum tried to abort him by taking those med cos she already had a son & daugther b4 him, but was unsuccessul

i think tat time the govt promotes 2..

PS: heng our hubbies din get aborted :p

Pinkyluv,

Wat a coincidence!

I totally agree wif u that lucky they were not aborted, or else I got no chance to bully my hubby liao. hiak hiak!!!

U working or stay at home mummy?

Wa.. this is a very active forum.. Didn't check for 2 days and it's overflowing with messages.

Anyway thanks to Tiger Lily (tiger_lily) and tinkerstars (tinkerstars) for responding to my enquiry on the ginger cream.

Anyone here is having the 2nd baby and the gap between the first and the second is very close? Cos my older boy will be 13 mths apart from my baby girl.

Mag

i m a working mum clearing 1 day of leave per week till i deliver b4 my leave get forfeited :p

i m involved in weekend working events as well..so am off on some weekdays

anyway, right now..my kids are both in full day childcare..the current one in tummy will go into childcare in Jan 2013 :p after turning two

any ladies wearing fitflops now? i wanna buy but not sure if it is really that good..

http://www.fitflops.com

saw a pair at S$70 with delivery cheap.. buy from local retail store S$100++++++

Talking abt having 1st 2nd n 3rd.. U mummies r great.. Im thinking of stopping at one, but hub said no wayyyyy! Haha.. He wants another ger then boy then ger.. Lol.. He thinks im a sow ah.. Haha!

Cos i grew up in a pretty biased family, zhong nan qing nu. So my childhood was a pretty bad nightmare especially being taken care by my grandma who favors my bro over me.. Hence i told hub i dont want myself to show any favourtism.. So i jus wanna have one and i can shower all my love n care on him.. Haha..

Seriously i got married 2 yrs plus back when i was 22 yrs old plus thinking getting pregnant is so easy one la.. Cos we wanted to giv birth early n cheong while we still can.. End up.. Tried for 2 yrs n i practically gave up n at d pt of time, striked! Lol.. So end up now 25 le then become mummy.. So late lor!

Pinkyluv,

so your work also quite tough cos got to work weekends. Placed my boy in childcare since last mth & 2nd one will also go probably in 2012 or if I get pregnant wif No.3, whichever comes earlier.

Yvonne,

I also grew up in similar environment as u, my mum & grandma all the same. Treat my bros better than me, end up I'm more filial than them. U still got time to plan for No.2. Who knows, after u c No.1 so adorable, u may want to try for No.2 straightaway.

Learning from my past childhood experience, I'm hoping that if No.2 is a gal, I will try to constantly remind myself not to follow my mum's footsteps. I dun really pamper my boy alot since birth cos I believe, if u r able to bring up No.1 well, the rest of the siblings will follow. I'm very glad that he's rather independent & he listens to me at least 80% of the time but cos he's a boy entering terrible 2s, he throws tantrums quite often now so I have to discipline him in some way & sometimes it really gets on my nerves. Hopefully this phase will pass soon.

Thanks mummies, perhaps the saying goes 船到桥头自然直, so worry also no meaning :p

Experience mummies,

Does your kid adapt to Childcare centre fast? My colleague boy cried for total of 1 month, omg

Mag, first 4 months i will take care of bb myself...then when i go back work, prob mil look after lo....hubby says he can look after too....both of us dun mind he be penquin daddy :p cos im terrible at domestic stuff...he makes a better care-giver

Jynnsan,

1mth is very normal but if more than that then have to monitor already. It all boils down to how much attention the child is given at home prior to childcare & also how much exposure the child has wif strangers. It took my boy 2wks which is considered quite fast already.

My cousin works in childcare & she told me standard is 1 to 1.5mths. Must check wif the teachers on his/her performance in school after u drop them.

SugarOng,

U r very lucky to have a supportive hubby. Let him practice when u r still on ML & c how he can cope. Must be very patient lor. Your MIL doing confinement for u?

u all v. young.... i got married at 28 after pat tor 5 yrs then i told my hubby have to enjoy 2 years before giving birth... so now on target ;p i even told my parents n pil cos i duwan them to have any high hopes within the first 2 years.

actually i still didn't want to try for baby until i heard stories about trying for 6 years before getting pregnant etc. so we started a bit earlier and before we know it, before my 2-years-honeymoon is up, i'm pregnant ;p

and even now, i still dun have maternal instinct.. hope to have it kick in when my baby is delivered haha.

Yvonne: i got married at 21yrs old.. my son is 5 this year. wanted to stop at 1 kid only.. bcos really not easy raising a kid and all the financial expenses involved. but last year, i noticed jerald was so lonely.. whenever my niece came to my place he would be so happy and excited.. therefore we decided for a #2 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinkyluv, i also quite similiar as u in conceiving part....i rom in dec 07, customary in dec 09....afterwhich went for honeymoon 1 month...come back, realise pregg liao...best thing, when i count back the day i conceive, its not the ovulating period...suspect was cos before customary wedding, i took the hormone pill to prevent menses which will occur ard my wedding cos i dun wan the mess....maybe this threw my usual cycle out of regularity....keke...but oso good la, cos hubby likes kids and he says he gimme up til 30 yrs old for 1st child....jus nice, haven turn 30 when i deliver cos i dec baby....

Diamantz,

Your maternal instinct will come naturally when u c your baby. Ppl who know me b4 I got preggy can never imagine I can be a full time mummy wif no help. I used to be a workaholic, drinker, smoker, partygoer, worst temperament but all that changed when I got pregnant wif No.1. All bad habits just stopped immediately & even my mum & hubby were surprised. So dun worry, it'll come naturally.

lim, ya, cant help but feel worried/paranoid....but take it easy cos believe it shd be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] anyways, jun 5 is jus next week right? u noe my tummy pain incident happened twice....the 1st time was the time i shared with u that i went see gynae....2nd time, i called up clinic to move my gynae appt forward (was also abt 1 week away fr my original appt), they say they fully booked that nite, ask mi come back next morning....i tink the pain was too worrying for mi + less baby movement til i go see gp the same nite....he gave mi some medicine, which seems to help and he is oso quite assuring with the baby thingy (thou no scan at his clinic)...only after the medicine and pain subside, then i fang xin...and i stick to my original gynae visit 1 week later.......scan was ok....so cheer up, ur bb will be ok too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SugarOng,

Your hubby opp of me leh, I was the one who gave the limit of me turning 30 for my hubby for 1st kid, if not pregnant by then, then sorry game over. This No.2 I also told my hubby u only have 1 chance, if u get it then congratulations but if zero, then game over also.

I feel like I sound very mean hor.

All this timing I set was cos I'm so frustrated in trying to get preggy cos it's taking us way too long. I put off my studies & career change cos of trying to get pregnant but after so many years, I actually gave up & went back to school 7 I got pregnant just b4 I started so I had to stop work so I can take care of my 1st pregnancy & still study. I get very mad whenever I hear ppl getting abortions for no medical reasons. I almost wanted adoption when I heard my fren wanting to abort in 2005 but hubby traditional type so strongly opposed.

lim, sorry missed out ur earlier post on the taime sales...not too sure when i gg too...must see when hubby wanna go lo......its somewhere near bedok....u are not a east-sider? thats way it sounds ulu to u...what u tinking of getting? i keep a look out for u and if the prices are really a steal then u consider wanna go down anot lo...

mag, yes, my mil doing confinement for mi so my hubby can use that chance to learn the rope lo...he shd be can de....got patience, loves bb, does housework better than mi, cook (vs i oni noe how to cook magggi mee)etc....if i look after bb myself, chances are we both will starve at home, at least i starve while bb still get to drink BM....

cos hubby loves kids thats why he set limit for mi (he noes i dun really like kids) to prepare myself mentally....now that preggy and when i tink back, oso felt relieved that bb come as planned...quite blessed that things happen just the way it is naturally...cos have friends who haf tried making babies but still trying....

last time i oso like u....cheongster, drinker, smoker, etc....is after marriage then mellow down.....still rem 2 nites before i tested myself with the pregnancy kit, was still drinking....after tested positive, felt so guilty, dunno bb ok anot...haiz...but im still a workaholic, jus that starting to take things easy now and knocking off early....

in case u wondering how come i so eng keep surfing net, cos i clearing leave these 2 weeks....when go back work, cannot like that chat liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

originally wanna deposit bb at infant care when i go back work...but hubby against the idea cos he bu fang xin care-giver is a stranger......so explore mil take care/penquin daddy ..

Sugar,

You are blessed with supporting hubby and mil [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Adelynn

ur fitflops looks tempting, esp the part abt removing inches off hips !

jynnsan

mine boy took a few days =)

BUT my gal only start saying I love school after more than a year in childcare

guess all kids differ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinkyluv: yes lo.. alot of my fren wear and tell me v v good. got a pregger she wear and tell me relieves her backache.. OMG!!!

sugar.. your case are scary cos you got tummy pain so double up the worries. but i think i will stick and wait till my next appt .only one more week to go.. hopefully everything is fine.. i stay bedok area.. but it seem ulu also hahahha..

pinkyluv.. you have less time spend with your child and you still got tow ork over the weekend and only get to off on wkdays..

lim, u stay bedok? mi too! im near tanah merah part...u lei? who ur gynae ah? ya lo, my tummy pain really scare mi sia....so now if bb dun move that often, i try not to worry....sometimes i notice if i change my position, bb will move...can try that...

Mag, yes. I feel d more u pamper d kid, d worst they grew up to be. I also think tt im more filial than my bro. Mayb we were brought up d hard way.

Adelynn, lonely ah? But i heard age gap too far hor, they will not have anything in common lo.. Then if 1 child also same. V lonely. Tts wad i heard from my frens who r in this kind of scenario..

SugarOng, i will be putting my boy at infant care. Cos d mil

alot of excuses la, so fed up. Dont wanna beg n trouble pple to take care of my son. For me, i dont feel safe of a maid taking care of my bb so rather infant care. I seen those little kids sitting with their maid outside n d mum is sitting at one side n d little kid kissed d maid so affectionately! Wah rau. C liao abit disgusted leh..

yvonne, i agree....for my case, no other pple in the house when we work...so if to engage a maid to jus look after bb, quite worrying cos must haf at least someone at home to jaga the maid...heard so mani stories abt maid alone in the house to look after kid....scary....one of my fren no choice but to do that, end up install cctv to monitor the maid! infant care ok la, will be my choice too if hubby din oppose....

Yvonne/Sugar,

I also installed CCTV to monitor my maid. Actually even though after so long, hubby and I still worry and feel insecure over maid but what to do, have to work mah.

i haven't finished reading all the posts, but this i really must say:

WAH LAU!!! goodness, why are some of you lamenting that you're having kids late in comparison to your own age?! makes me dunno wanna laugh or cry!! for the record, i was born in 1978 lor, and this is my #1!!!

Wah.. the threads really running like mad rat race...

So many goodies and recommendations posted will be lost very fast de. I will try to post them on facebook, so you mummies can go to our group page to refer under discussions.

Badifif,

You can order the Ergo carrier online from The First Few Years and they will deliver to your house. So no worries if you need it though i am not sure how fast they deliver. Quite ex though so you may want to put up a wish list for your friends to chip in and buy for you.

mag and sugar> i was also like that before. it was my accident that was the turning point. now, i work from home but i'm still a workaholic (once i do work, can forget to eat/drink, then black-face my husband when he makes me stop work to eat cos i have gastritis)...sigh

mag> we're also single-income family so pls share whatever good deals you find. i will be very very VERY grateful!!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pomme> thanks so much for helping to collate the sources for good buys!!! abt the ergo carrier, hmm, i have no wish list leh, but that's a good idea, machiam wedding registry! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pinkyluv> the taste is the most impt! i think maybe the blackened bits may be from any sugar that was present in the marinade. i'm making cajun chicken burgers later. i really hope they'll turn out good!

Badfifi,

Took the idea of a baby wish list from a friend. Just to share. Here's my wish list. Still refining it along the way.

1) Braun Thermoscan ear thermometer

2) Mamy poko or Nepia diapers S & M size

3) Allerhand diaper backpack

4) The First Years easy wrap baby swaddler

5) Baby Bjorn potty chair

6) Tinylove gymini total playground

7) Combi Baby stroller

8) Bumwear reusable one size diapers with inserts (Taken)

9) Fisher price jumperoo

10) Prince Lionheart complete drying set

11) ELC children table and chairs

Mummies,

Is it better to get a normal potty for toilet training or this kidskit toilet trainer?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4033894.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4033895.jpg]

jynnsan,

Can I ask.. Are you born in 1978? I realise two mummies here (age: 31) is having boy and both of us are having girl.

WHOA! This thread suddenly became SUPER active! A bit lost liao. Hehe. will read latest page then bktrack archives.

Pinkyluv: thanks for reading my post on the carriers. I replied to your question abt Beco on my blog post comment section. I added in my feedback/research on Beco and Bjorn as well there. In case you lost my post link, here it is again http://messangel.wordpress.com/2010/05/26/baby-carriers-sarong-sling-vs-ergo/

Adelynn: I never heard or seen them. But they look pretty comfy. I’m a diehard birkis fan! Hehe. Find it great. U are super young too!

Yvonne; u married so young!

Jynnsan: u do do some stuff to help minimize stess on your kid joining childcare e.g bringing them to ctr several times for orientation, talking to them abt going to sch before they start etc.

Diamantx: hi 5! I oso got married at 28, n fell preg before 2nd anniv. Dun worry once u pop the preg hormones will help u feel more maternal!

Pomme: does FFY have sales? Cos I hear during sales ergo can go fo cheap.ok I kpo a bit can n give u some feedback abt some items on ur list. Hope u dun mind. my feedbk abt

1. braun ear therms…if u r planning to use on bb since birth….better to get underarm. Cos all the Ps I hv seen say underarm still better. Plus I found my ear therm too big to fit into my bb’s ear then.

2. Swaddler – not really necc. Using diaper cloth or receiving blankies gd enuff…n got MORE swaddling options. Oso NOT all bbs will enjoy being wrapped in tt.

3. Potty chair. I found tt my potty chairs r white elephants, n those toilet seat adapter types r much more useful. Sample http://babyproducts.about.com/od/bathsdiaperspotties/tp/potty_training_seats.htm. they r no more than 10 bucks from toys r us.

4. Combi – u could consider graco. Sturdier for same lightness n compactness. Unless u r looking at miracle turn, then got no fight.

5. Bumwear: excellent choice!

Badfifi: wow. U gourmet siah! Cajun chix burgers!!!!

YOUNG MUMMIES

Eh I think I m one of the aunties here lor. How come so many of you so young!

sarah> young at heart maybe, but not according to my IC! :p and i'm not anywhere near gourmet, just a fussy eater...with lots of help from my dad and husband, it turned out quite nice! *happy*

Back