(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Re: Poo poo

Thks moms for sharing your experiences with poo! I'm trying not to bring DS to PD again, cos cost $$. But his poo continues to be greener.. And I latched him for most of the first half of today to eliminate dirty ebm preparation, but his poo is still greener leh... Will ask for a stool sample test to be done before visiting PD..

Phyphy - Daniel was on nebulizer for quite a while after the RSV hospitalization. It caused him to feel better actually. You can also use the pigeon nose mucus sucker after spraying sterimar. Bb will cry lots, so brace yourself, but it's quite effective!

Went to gynae today, saw that my womb smaller than it was pre-pregnancy. I guess all the bf-ing really helped to shrink it! Obviously, I'm not my pre-pregnant weight yet, but as long as i can fit my tightest pants, i'm happy. Actually, i hv to give away some of my office shirts, 'cos my breasts expanded, cannot fit already, and I'm not abt to slim that part of me! =D

OP - just happen to know =).

thanks Pinkyluv and MAngo!! I certainly hope my little girl will get rid of the phelgm soon. She just merlioned and clumps of phelgm is amongst the vomitus. On the one hand, heart pain that she vomitted, on the other hand, glad she got rid of some of the phelgm.

Xmas Party,

The rompers buy liao har... who is holding onto them? That day then we collect? Thanks for the organisation of the "bulk purchase" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hihi,

How's everyone? Haven't been posting for sometime cos' too bz with bb.

Pomme > U having some wrist problem? Not sure if it's the same thing but I had pain in my right wrist too, couldn't really bend it or carry anything. Started from my last trimester and got worse after delivery due to carrying bb, frequent bottle washing etc. It was actually swelling of the tendons. I went to polyclinic and got a jab for it. The pain ceased totally within 2 days. The jab is good for 6 months..if pain returns, must go for another shot. Fyi.

Mummies, any of your babies starting to learn to flip? My boy keeps trying to flip especially when he suddenly got awaken from sleep but always end up wailing away cos' he can't do it successfully yet. And cos' he does it at night, I'm so worried he's gonna suffocate himself on his pillow. I'm currently using a beansprout pillow for his head but thinking of changing. What pillow are your babies using?

Ccpet

Nebulizer sure make them feel better, the boy can immediately calm down onces I turn on.

Haiza

Baby is flipping from front to back or back to front? U going to get busy with that n got to be careful as it's the time where baby tend to roll off the adult bed.

T2 wake up at this hour to play......@-@

Phyphy, you aren't the only one awake now...am up to nurse Isaac. Last night he was very gd, tonight eh eh eh lot, hubs has been in and out of bed...

hello mummies,

been busy with 2 kiddos, daytime mostly with no1 and night time with no2.

Jessica,

didn't know that NUK pdts cannot be sterilised with pigeon steriliser, i have been doing it since day one. then how do we sterilise the nuk pdts? just use boiling water? what will happen if we sterilise with it?

re baby flipping,

wow your babies are fast, my bb girl is still happily on her back, no sign of her trying to flip at all...

Nuk latex teats

mummies who are using latex teats are not encourage to sterilize you teats as they will cause the teats to stick to each other in the long run. When this happens, your baby will b frustrated if the teats stick together which prevents the milk fm flowing. The sales ppl advise to use hot boiling water to clean them only. Hope this helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jessica and Brownrice,

thanks for the clarifications!

joyce,

my girls took them, both are 2 doses each, i didn't know abt the 3 doses ones.

Bb fair: any mummies gg to b there ard 3 plus?shall go walk walk when Bb take nap later. Pm me if anyone free to meet ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jeslyn, but are u using nuk collar or medela collar when you put the nuk teat onto the medela bottle? I use the medela collar, so it leak.

ladies, i have been using the boiling method for my nuk teat all along, so far ok. But the yellow colour gradually fade to lighter shade. There is no stickiness, so boiling should be safe.

ladies,

when you say boiling method, do you just soak the teats into boiling water for 5 mins only or you boil them over the stove for 5 mins?

but the nuk teat when insert into the medela collar and when I turn to screw tight, the round base of the nuk teat always tends to twist out of shape, which cause the whole nuk teat to be lopsided and I have to unscrew and adjust the base again.

I recall someone's post regarding white stuff on Nuk latex teats. What was that again? I have been using the silicone teats instead because the white stuff that appeared after sterilization look so suspect.

OP - how's the parking at NEX like? Dun mind an outing there =)

Re baby flipping - DS could flip from back sleeping to stomach sleeping at 2 weeks, scared me! But recently he hasn't been doing that, always sleeping in crucifix position, arms wide apart. I try to give him a bit of tummy time to figure out how to flip from stomach to back but he hasn't figured it out yet.

Mango - suggest you pump and throw away, so that u keep up your supply. Not like me, i stopped pumping 'cos no space, then hubby bought new freezer, then i hv to slowly up my supply again =).

Btw, I really like my Tecno freezer!

And regarding breastmilk storage bags: Really happy with the BOOTS bags. Instructions say can store 200ml to freeze. But the bag has markings to 250ml so i accidentally stored 220ml in a bag, but it didn't burst. I feel that it's quite solid compared to some of the other brands. Also, I emailed BOOTS to chk on their product. Although it doesn't say BPA-free on the box, their customer service emailed back to say it actually is!! =)

Paging for Sarah

Have you reached home and settled down? Hope everything goes well for you and family.

I just went to buy nuk yellow teat, cos my bb on milk strike now, hope this will improve the situation.

And on the way, I went to buy KOI bubble tea, drinking now. Is crazy, non peak hours also got queue!

Parenthood fair 骗人啊!!! Haha... I went hoping to buy things for us parents end up all my loots are for Germaine... Gosh gosh gosh... It's exactly like the march baby fair...

Parenthood fair

Basically, this fair is just like the one in June. Stalls are more or less the same. Diapers no attractve deals. I saw they selling sling and pupsik but didn't ask for the price.

Joyce

for Heinz, promo on the baby juice. Rp is $4.80 there selling $3.80. They have biscotti biscuits for 6mths abv selling for $2.40/box. For baby jar food per bottle going abt $2.20.

Someone looking for nursing tops? Mom's r us has a boOth there. Going fm $15-45. There are some range selling 2 for $45 but limited design.

Pat

I was there arnd 3plus. Juz tht we din bump into ea other [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. I was at the Ntuc ince booth signing up for a investment link product.

btwn, mummies who want to buy swimming attire for your kiddos there is a booth call Liferacers selling from $3-$20. I find the quality is quite good and they have the most crowd there.

Hi babyT, Jacqueline,Yvonne,shinchan n Issit Leo baby(sorry,I got poor memory),

I m so excited to see u all at the parenthood fair!never had the chance to meet u all during the gatherings that I miss.. It's such a coincidence! If not for Jacqueline,I wouldn't have the chance to meet u all! Thanks Jacqueline! Btw, the organic socks that came with the freestyle pump has only one shade of green color ah? I so engrossed talking to u all till I forgot to ask u whether got other colors another cos green difficult to match eh..

Anyway wanna say u gals reali gung-ho can bring ur little ones out on stroller alone..I really got to learn from u all..bt am more motivated to train my ger to sit stroller! Will try out ur advices, shinchan n yvonne, gonna put her again for the next few days to try!

Hi, I'm going to bkk next weekend.i can help to check out and buy boots milkbag if anyone is interested.let me know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

would be great if there's a pic too cos I hv no idea how it looks like.I'm using lansinoh bags myself.

Yvonne and Gail, I think I saw both of you just now at parenthood fair. Ard 12pm at the entrance. I was sitting at the seat feeding my girl when both ur sports car passed by.. both of you look back but I couldn't catch your attention then u all went in liao

ccpet, how much u got ur techno freezer again? almost time i buy cos freezer is packed to the brim! i using lansinoh bags and though the markings are 180ml, most of the time, i put more...sometimes as much as 350ml since able to contain and when freeze, its still ok....always "TAO GAI" so (1) save on the bags (2) to save freezer space ;p...maybe when my lansinoh ones are finished, i shall try boots..thanks for sharing

jessica, wow, NEX got isetan ah? quite stylo lei....

mummies at expo...nice seeing all of u though its only for a while...went back macau cafe after im done with bb fair but u all gone liao...

BBL, mi mi! why cant sleep? try to get some sleep la [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tinklestars.. Isit.. I THINK i saw u sitting on bench cos i saw one mummy looking at us.. But we were like siao char bor walking ard and looking for MIA-ed pple like hushlibb and babyt..

Jrgal n Jacqueline: nice meeting u ladies! Jrgal, do try ok.. All of us dont suceed on the first few tries.. Hehehe.

Paging for jessica,

I cant read the files from the DVD, can u burn another one for me..maybe not burn completely.

I transfer the money to u again..

BBL, the fair nothing much....a lot og bb clothes...we jus bot necessities like bottle detergent and wipes...same price as when got the usual promo....on the dvd, i oso cant play on my dvd player....but ok on my laptop...suspect cos of the format? or maybe its jus mi...u try the dvd with ur laptop see can anot...

Nigella,

better dont drag for too long interval..even though our supply should be stable by now..but dont try..wait drop then u cry ah...

BBL, jus realised my post on the baby fair is meant for jynnsan. pai seh

jynnsan, the fair nothing much....a lot og bb clothes...we jus bot necessities like bottle detergent and wipes...same price as when got the usual promo.

Back