(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

irene - IB $55 to your POSB

To Account POSB Savings

XXX-XX583-4 Irene Ng

Amount S$55.00

Transaction Reference 7647585192

Hi xbeanniex, r u talking abt 珍珠粉 ma?

My parents also said eat 珍珠粉 is gd for Phlegm.. U buy from 福華?My parents always said is very ex...

My boy also have phlegm.. I tot of buying for him too..

福華 pearl powder: i just bought it on wed....there's different range wor...from $5 - $30 per fen..

i brought the $15 per fen....get 3 fen gt 20% discount now...

I heard pearl powder is good for girls but not ideal for boys to take cause it will affect their sperms production. So I dun dare to buy for Kayden. I am trying to buy Chuan Bei and boil it for Kayden to take. Heard it is good for cough and phlegm. Thinking of stewing pear too.. but the pear required seem hard to find.. it is those brown pear in a pear shape kind.

Nan Pro: Just switch Kayden from Enfagrow to Nan Pro 4 to see if it will helps on his cough. Now I thinik he is down with constipation again. He always have such problem with Nan milk powder. Damn!!

Hi mummies, need some advice from u all.

Feeding: wondering what are your toddlers eating now? Still on porridge or have moved on to our food? N how many meals a day?

My boy's current diet plan:

Morn : cereal + milk powder

Late morn: water

Noon: porridge

Followed by water

Late noon: milk

Followed by water

Evening: porridge

Late evening: water

Last meal: milk

Wondering if I should transit him to our food already?

Talking: I saw from fb that many of ur toddlers r talking, some even singing song already. Mine totally refuse to utter any word, still makIng sound like 'pa pa pa pa pa' but when I ask him to call pa pa he refuse. Any mummies here have the same experience??

Tia!

Kepsis, we only let my boy eat our food such as rice or noodle, on top of his usual food range such as porridge, steam ed veg/meat/fish.

Hv not really explore other of our food to him yet.

His meals are:

AM - milk, followed by breakfast of cereal or bread.

Late AM - snacks of biscuits

PM - lunch, followed by milk before nap

Late PM- milk or snacks of biscuits

Night- dinner & fruits

Late night - milk before bedtime at 9.30pm

Junie: tks! Wow he can still have his milk after his porridge? Mine I've never tried giving immediately, but everytime his stomach seem so full (looks bloated) so I dun dare offer him too much. Does he still drink water on top of what u give??

Kepsis, milk we give after abt 1hr+ after his lunch cuz he wants to drink milk before he sleeps. We give 120ml of milk.

Yes, water he drinks during lunch & throughout the day.

I think u can also give yr boy snacks in between le.

Kepsis: My boy's feeding schedule:

AM - milk, followed by bread or bun or sometimes nibble on what we are eating (eg: beehoon)

Mid AM - yoghurt

PM - porridge for lunch

Mid PM - milk

Evening - porridge for dinner

Night - milk before bedtime around 9:30pm

He will drink water throughout the day. I put his water bottle at a fixed place, he will usually grab and drink whenever he wants. Will also give snacks if he asks for it but will adjust the portion if nearing his meal/milk time.

Adult food: I started giving him our food around 20 plus months when he showed great interest in our food - always asking to try. So we let him try quite a lot of our food – rice, noodle, steam fish, tofu, egg, vege, etc…usually the non-spicy ones…once he kept disturbing us during our meal, so my hubby dipped a bit of curry in the briyani rice and let him try…and he asked for more! Faint! I have to make sure he finishes his usual porridge first before we eat, else he will not want his porridge and insist on eating our food. On days when we need to go out whole day and I don’t have time to cook his porridge, he will have his entire meal of adult food for lunch/dinner (rice + dishes like tofu, fish, vege – I will cut into small pieces and mixed with his rice).

Kepsis, our girl has been eating a little of our food here and there.. bao, steamed fish, tofu, steamed vege. but recently i was lazy to cook her lunch and she ate our food with us. wa, big mistake. i think it was probably too oily (coz we tapaoed from five star chicken rice) - she puked out everything (including her bfast) after her nap! should've gone slowly, introduce little by little.

anyway, her feeding schedule:

AM - bread + jam, cheese, fruits

mid-AM - milk

PM - lunch: rice or pasta, meat/fish, steamed vege (usually some sweet potato, carrot, corn, green vege, tomato, pumpkin etc. mix and match)

after nap - milk

mid-PM - snacks (biscuits, cheese or fruits)

630pm - dinner (same as lunch but usually substitute the meat with egg)

7pm - milk then sleep.

sometimes my mum will give her a mid-morning snack too, but i usually dont unless she asks for it.

and she will drink water throughout the day also. i will just ask her every now and then if she wants.

Actually for our adult food, on-off we let him try when he asks for it.

He likes to eat Heinz baked beans & chapati, haha.

Kepsis: For Kayden, he had been eating all kinds of food. During his meal time at home, we will cook his portion seperately. Outside and in childcare then no choice. But at home, we will cook a variety of things for him to try. But no matter what he eat at home be it kway teoh, porridge, rice, bee hoon, he will always ask for fish. He really love fish. Now he drink lesser milk. His day at home is like that:

Morning: 150ml of milk (sometime only drink 50ml). After half an hour, will give bread or cake as breakfast.

Morning nap from 10.30am till 2pm or 3pm.

Lunch @ 12noon or 3pm depending on which nap he took: Pork Porridge, Stir fry bee hoon, etc

Afternoon nap: If he didn’t sleep in the morning, then he will take afternoon nap. Afternoon nap is normally from 1.30pm to 5.30pm.

Tea break @ 4.30pm (if not taking afternoon nap): Fruits

Dinner @ 6pm : Pork Porridge, Stir fry bee hoon, etc. Fruits will be served half an hour after dinner.

Sleep time from 8.30pm to 9.30pm: 150ml milk (sometime dun even drink milk and sleep)

Middle of the night @ about 3am to 4am: 150ml of milk (only happen once in a while)

As for talking, Kayden gets more vocal after he joined childcare. Now he talks like pingu.. gibberish.. must stop him from watching Pingu liao. Maybe you can bring your child to playground to play with other kids more and slowly he will be encourage to talk. At home, we must also try to encourage them to talk by asking questions and coax them to answer on their own. It takes time but don’t worry, they will eventually talk. And when they start talking, sometime you wish they would shut up for a while to give you a moment of peace. LOL!!!

Ann: Wow, Kayden naps really long! If Ian can nap 1 - 1.5 hrs, I will be so happy! Ever since I weaned him off his pacifier (about 2 mths back), he takes a longer time to fall asleep and keep wanting to talk to us . Even though he is not talking in sentences yet, he already has so much to say with just his one-two syllable vocab (which is increasing by the day) plus baby talk…can’t imagine when he really start talking…yeah, should enjoy first before they talk non-stop. Haha!

peanut: Your girl sleeps really early. 7pm! I haven't even pick up my boy at that time.

Hwei Yeen: Haha!! Ya.. he sleeps long cause he had his pacifier on. Even if it had drop off from his mouth, he will still look for it in the middle of the night. But in school.. he is totally off pacifier. He will just fall asleep after finishing his milk. Totally different behaviour in school and at home.

wow, kayden drinks quite little milk hor & he can really nap!

my boy on an average sleeps for 1.5hr-2hrs at my plc but can sleep up to 3hrs at my IL's hse.

on an average, he drinks abt 690ml of milk each day....we try to limit his milk intake to not more than 700ml per day, as I read that toddlers shldn't drink so much milk now as it'd impede their absorption of iron.

So envious to read of babies that are eating so well. Amelie has been on hunger strike for the past week. Refused her porridge or any of the foods that she used to enjoy. She used to want to eat what we eat but this week she doesn't even want to try.

Maybe its just a phase?

Isaias used to eat more but of late, he has no patience to sit through his meal. Eat abit only, say he wants to come down.

Its getting harder to feed him as he gets older i think.

Kepsis, my boys' feeding schedule is like this:

Morning- milk (210ml)

Breakfast- (eat in sch) pancakes/cereals/bread, etc

Lunch- (eat in sch) rice/pasta/macaroni/noodles.etc plus fruit

After lunch- milk (210ml)

Afternoon nap- 1pm to 3pm

Tea-break-(eat in sch)- snacks

Dinner- (eat at home)- porridge/ rice plus fruit

Bedtime- milk (210ml)

Ever since he has gone to cc, he has been trying lots of different adult food. And he is learning how to spoon- feed himself. He still cannot do this well cos everyday after sch I see his t-shirt (changed by teacher) is dirtied with food stain.

Ann: I agree with you about the talking part. Mine is talking alot more -both Mandarin and English after attending school. I think he follows the jie-jies and gor gors there as they are older than him. But the downside is that he has fallen sick a few times within a month there- diarrhea, fever and he just recovered from runny nose. Haiz.

Keila's meal time similar to Ian.

0730 milk for breakfast 180ml will add one scoop of cereal if she's going for class

midmorning - she will have her snacks usually freeze dried fruit/HB cheese melts. at home she will have yogurt/fruit puree

lunch - porridge+puree vege+meat

3pm+ - 180ml of milk

6+ - porridge+puree vege+meat for dinner

9.30pm - 180ml of milk

Adult food - usually we will let her try the food we are eating as I find her chewing ability very poor so I will encourage her (at times force :p) her to at least try once. She hearts for strawberries/grapes/peaches and will keep asking for them.

Kepsis - your son is the youngest among the rest. His development stage could different from the rest of the late June/early July babies. So don't get too worried when our kids are doing this and that while your son is not doing those...

Recently she's into bread mode so when MIL is having bread Keila will ask from her too. All small quantity. Have not replace her porridge with adult food yet. Even when we are travelling, I will still bring along the Spout Stage 3 food pouch and let her have one packet to replace her normal porridge before we have our own meals.

When we were flying on SQ with her to Taipei back in early April (First time taking full fledge flight with Keila). The CSO was telling me they have post weaning food so we requested for keila. Quite cool, they pureed the spinach, carrot and meat/carbs serve with pudding and such. I always thought they only have kids meal (all fried stuff) and baby food (all jar food).

Throughout this Taiwan trip, she has been yawking : "mama Mum Mum!!!" Headache! i gotta hide from her when I was having those street food!

Come mid May, we are going on cruise. Heard from Star Cruise they provide porridge for baby. So maybe this time round wont be bringing any food pouches and will bring a scissors along!

Falling Sick

Sigh...talk about falling sick! Keila seems to fall sick every two weeks! And she only attend thrice weekly 3 hr class. Cant imagine if she's full time CC! By the way she has yet to take the MMR and such. Her last vaccine was when she was 12mo. Would this have affected her immunity and more prone to get sick from others?

babycoco - I have a girlfriend whose son is 26mo. Her son very fussy on solids and water and only drinks milk. Recently the boy has diarrhea till got blood in runny stool and the family doc said need to restrict the milk intake. But then he does not take porridge/noodle/rice/soy milk much so the family doc suggests to let him go hungry and after that keeps offer the same food until he eats. So after one day of hunger, he takes whatever offered to him. A big milestone as he is getting very skinny from all milk and no solid...

Eliss,

haiz...sick..Luke is coughing again....just recovered like 1-2weeks ONLY!!!..and this had been like on n off for mths...so tired looking after him n the medcial bills so high.

mine go solid food liao..

breakfast - 240ml milk

teabreak - half a slice of bread or biscults

lunch - rice with soup + our veggies (he totally not interested in the no taste porridge liao)

teabreak - half a slice of break or pau or biscults

mid afternoon - 310ml milk

dinner - rice with soup + our veggies

sleeptime - 310ml milk

nt sure if he's eating too much...but this whole week he had been waking up in the middle of the night asking for milk...he will just put his face infront of mine n scream "mama, milk milk"...had a shock of my life a few times by his scream n opening my eyes to see a little face with huge eyes staring infront of me.

ann,

ya i agree on the talking part...luke also don't really like to talk last time. keep pointing n pointing..until all the adults at home agree on asking him what he want n encourage him to talk more. "your tell mummy what you want then i take for you.." "i don't want you to point point...open your mouth n tell me.."

after a few mths of persistant telling him. he slowly slowly will go mama, want that (still point)..now, i feel like taping his mouth...when i am doing my work at home, he will take the book n tell me..mama, read book...or take my phone n tell me, mama phone lock..(argh)...or just simply pull my hand awy from the mouse n pull mi to what he want to do.

do notice boys are slower in talking..so donit to rush...in his class, the girls are talking in 3-4 syllabus but mine still at 2 only, hahaha..take it easy bah..enjoy the peace still..

Wah, Eliss....u & keila also travels a lot hor.

I wish my HB is more willing & adventurous to bring Isaias on holiday cuz i am craving for one!

junie - our travelling not as much compared to Chelsea's family lor... :p

Bringing kids to holiday requires sacrifices in terms of sight seeing timing and such. A different kind of challenge but nevertheless you will bond better as a family as more hands make things work better/faster!

toddler's gibberish talk

Must encourage them to speak indeed...though some of your kiddo can recite ABC or more... mine only now manage to count 1-10 in english, mandarin and teochew! we already so in awe hahaha....

And when we are flashing the GD cards, she will pull her fav bear bear to sit beside her and "repeat" the words to her bear bear... i find that very cute too... will definitely miss these small gestures!

Toddler's talking:

Yes, now I also find it very cute to see them talking or trying to talk..my friend's son is 3 years old and is now at the "why" mode. She wishes her son can talk less..hehe.

Eliss: Mine has not taken the MMR jab yet..wait till he is about 2 years old. I dun think this affects his immune system..cos now they interact more with other children so bound to fall sick. I see the way mine wipe his runny nose and touch everything else is so duhz...

charlie,

not to mention the after wiping n doing a tongue lick up the nose..*shiver at the disgust*..

mine like to do tt..n he will smile at me cheekily after tt....bei ta qi si jiu you..

i do hope the Why mode comes slower..haven read enough to become a walking encylophdia.

Ya, haha....Chelsea's family travel frequently.

I also find it cute now that they are talking & learning at such a speed. Sometimes Isaias just surprises me with words i thought he didnt know, hehe.

Thanks mummies for the advice! Think I have to change his drinking water time to snack time le.

Talking: Ya some of my friends also ask me to 'enjoy' this peaceful moment too, they say when he starts talking I'll wish he can keep quiet cos they can really talk non stop. I'm hoping to have this problem sooner. Lol.

Junie: dont envy Eliss, till now I've not managed to convince my hubby to bring kayden even to JB. Furthest we went is only to sentosa!!! Now with no.2 it's even harder already!

Eliss: got 3 hr child care? I thought all Cc is full day one?

Cc: any mummies here stay around boon Keng? Got any child care to recommend? Along north east line is fine, like nex or city square is fine too. I just want my boy to learn to interact with other kids n hopefully that will help speed up this talking.

Kepsis: hehe....the farthest we went was batam. I wanna go further while we can, in case if we hv no.2.

Like Eliss, i also put my boy in a playgroup. His is daily for 2hrs.

SQ - you should let your boy drink water every now and then. Don't have to have a fix time to drink water... its better to let them drink water consistently bit by bit than one big cup at a go!

kepsis>> Ya, actually shld let them drink more water to hydrate them. Does Kayden perspire alot and is active? If so, all the more shld let him drink water as and when needed.

BTW, abt Kayden's speech development, if you're really concerned, you should go to see a PD and get advice.

Cuz different kids develop at different rate. However, by 22mths, they shld utter a few words liao.

I have a friend who's son is 3 y/o now but when he was abt 22mths old, he only know how to "ee" and "ah" only, so went to see PD. The PD advises her to get her son to see a speech therapist there is so much improvement already.

I checked with PD why my boy still not talking in sentences yet when he was about 20 mths...she said it is ok if they can utter about 20 words (eg: papa, mama, popo, nan-nan - all these are also counted as words in addition to real words like car, ball, etc) and can understand instructions well...boys also tend to talk later...and apparently those who started walking earlier will talk later (old wives tale)...

Can your toddler say their own name already? Whenever we ask my boy "what is your name?" He says "name"! Dunno whether to cry or laugh...and when we ask him what our names are, he will say papa and mama respectively...

Vernie, Amelie says "ah mee mee" when we tell her to say Amelie. But ask her what her name is she just looks at us. Oh, now she also refuse to repeat after us when we tell her to. But she'll surprise us with new words now & then.

Eliss, post weaning food sounds interesting. Flying off to Tokyo Monday night. Will try to feed Amelie on the plane.

I think she is hungry cos she will repeat "mum mum" throughout the day. But she just doesn't like what we offer her. Takes a few bites & she's done. Really hope it's just a phase.

Mrs C, agree. Skyler started walking before he was 1 but his speech as quite slow too. Its only until recently that he is able to speak more words. Especially those 3 syllabus words like banana or butterfly, bananan becomes nana and butterfly becomes the-fly..faint..

Recently Skyler also refuse to eat his porridge but he is ok with other food that i cooked eg udon, pasta.

Sun_tan, banana is bunkey & butterfly is a-hai. Haha isn't that worse? There's a lot of guessing going on right now. Most of the time we get it wrong.

Hai speaking Abt food, my jl who can previously take two porridge , now like hate to eat a meal! Think he like noddles etc.. Already ask by mil can cook other food no need always rice etx.. So Sian to feed him now.. A month ago I then start giving him eat his dinner outside. He only like Chinese food, spag also eat very slow

He love water. He will say 喝水, open n close his bottle., if there is no water he will let me know

Jl now like to say abcd, 1,23 etc

I ask him what is his name he can only say 乐,嘉 becomes 啊乐, how old still stuck with 1... Tell him so many times is 2. He still say 1. Very stubborn..

His Chinese is better than eng n can pick up very fast

一二三四 within a while can pick up already

Back