(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Teeth protection: Have you mummies started using the toothpaste for your toddlers? Though I have been using dental wipes on Kayden, I noticed his teeth like starting to stain. Thinking of ordering the Earth Best toothpaste to use on him. I would also like to know when should we bring them for their first dental visit?

ann: my notti gal is using Colgate total 12! lolx! if nvr put on her brush, she will reject ! gib her kid's toothpaste, she dont like! omg! i wondered Colgate so cooling feel, how the hell she like it so much!

Ann, I hv not brought my boy to the dentist either. In fact I am not cleaning his teeth regularly, intending to start this weekend with the Earth Best toothpaste and pigeon toothbrush. I am sending him to childcare soon in Jan, so 'train' him up at home first! lol

Huggies pink stamps: Any mummies hv Huggies pink stamps to let go? I am hoping to redeem the 2-in-1 scooter for my boy, but still short of 8 stamps. And I hv a load of Huggies at home already lor... Willing to pay for the stamps if you hv any to let go. Pls PM me, thanks!

bd: she will take the water pail (those we use in toilet splash water type) to gaggle her mouth! i nvr teach her that... i dk where she learnt... sch say nvr teach her wor...

Xbeanniex: I heard flouride is not good for young toddler. But your girl really good lei.. Know how to gaggle water.

Bd: Ya.. Going to start him on toothpaste too. Just book an appt for dentist visit for him for next Thursday. They say it is good for them to go for first dental visit at age of 1. So kayden is abit late le. Hehe!

Xbeanniex: Oh.. That is good too if your dentist can take a look at her. I don't really like to bring Kayden to my dentist cause he is not exactly kid friendly. Haha! Even as an adult, I fear him too but his skill is good though. So I choose a kid dentist for kayden so that he would not develop any phobia of dentist visit.

oh my dentist is a very nice daddy himself (he got 3 princess) all my treatments with him are very pleasant ! no fear given to me, good job done with a great sense of humor by him!

Morning mummies!

So sian to go work after long weekend. Oh.. Kayden just started calling Mama a week ago. So happy when I hear it. Realise he would not call Mama unless neccessary. Unlike calling Papa, he will keep calling non-stop. Papa also sian in answering him liao. Haha!!

Rice with soup: My mum decided to give Kayden rice with soup for dinner and I am surprise he can finish a bowl of it. Now can have more variety of food for him le. Hehe!!

Earthbest toothpaste: I just started using this for Kayden but he doesn't know how to rinse his mouth with water yet. I just wipe his mouth again with the dental wipe. Is that ok? Or should I wipe his mouth with a wet handkerchief instead?

ann,

ya it's kinda of sian to go bk to work after a long weekend.

wanna ask a few questions.

1) the soup is normal those kind prepare for the whole family or specially prepare for bb only?

2) any mummies tried adding in dried scallop, gou qi zi, yu zhu into the porridge to make more flavour?

3) at what age is it suitable to introduce seafood into their meals?

Sandy: Yup, the soup is normal kind prepare for whole family. Since young, when my mum cook soup, she never add any salt or anything. All just use raw ingredients just like how we cook stock to make porridge for baby now. So we can use the soup to put rice for Kayden to eat. But if your family uses salt or soya sauce or MSG to boil soup for the family then better not give. Or else can scoop some soup aside first before adding those seasoning.

I did use dried scallop to cook porridge for Kayden when i forgotten to buy pork. I also just started to add in gou qi zi into his porridge. My mum say when the porridge is about to be ready, add in a few gou qi zi and cover the pot, boil abit and off the fire. Leave for about 5mim like that before serving. What is yu zhu? Never heard of that before.

I have not started to introduce seafood to Kayden. Last time my mum say if baby cannot walk properly, cannot give baby seafood. Ask her why, she dunno, just say older pple say so. Haha!! Weird. But I read that you can actually introduce shellfish (crab, lobster, prawn) to baby from 6 months onward. But since shellfish is one of the top eight allergenic foods, I decided to introduce later, anyway no hurry to introduce them to Kayden. Maybe from 2yrs old onward.

ahhh...ic ic...thanks for the inform ^^.

coz tt glutton had been munching on alot of junks recently and also eating alot of our food. like prawn soup kway tiao.the soup based is normally make of prawn heads so i was wonder if it's safe for him. But anyway aready went inside his tummy liao.

he love fishballs like crazy....he can keep asking until he finish like 2 of it on his own.

my mum add gou qi zhi, and dried scallop into the porridge when i goes over. so better ask if it's save to do so. From what i know is ok to do so.

now i think can intro him more variaty of food liao..he love noodles and kway tiao...

My boy also love eating too... junk food included... that is why i scared his teeth will decay faster if don't give proper care. Bringing him to see a dentist this thursday.

Oh.. When i cook kway tiao soup for him, I will put fishball inside. I will cut the fishball up into smaller pcs then give him. Don't dare to let him eat a whole fishball on his own.

I was told seafood from 2 yo by the dietician at KKH. Cannot remember reason. But my boy took bite of my sotong ball before lol...

hi mommies,

i believe all of these can be given in moderation lah. Just be weary that fishballs sotongballs etc all contain lots of MSG.

I have not introduced seafood yet but have cooked his porridge with dried scallops before too. Super tasty, I love to eat the dried scallops after that hahaa. Gou Qi Zi is no problem.. since young I been adding to his soup stock or to his porridge liaoz!

Yah whats yu zhu? ?~

I know seafood is high up there for allergic foods and also seafood allergy is pretty lethal thats why better to introduce after a certain age.

Supplement: Hi mummies, any recommendation for supplement to boost immune system? Kayden despite eating lots of fruit, his immune system like still very weak. Like every month will fall sick once like that. Weather also pretty bad now so wanna boost his immunity.

Ann: You wanna try cod fish oil? I am feeding my boy Scotts brand. Ok leh, though I find it fishy, he likes it alot. Just feed once a day only. Other than this, no other supplements. I also feed him with lots of fruits.

But I think hur, once they start PG or CC, they are bound to be sick more often. Stupid sian for the parents.

Also no hurry to let him try seafood, just stick to cod, threadfin and salmon fish for now.

Names for Yu Zhu

Pharmaceutical:

Rhizoma Polygonati Odorati

Botanical:

Polygonatum odoratum (Mill.) Druce (Liliaceae)

Other names:

Sheng Yu Zhu, Wei Zhu, Fei Yu Zhu, Wei Rui, Lou Rui

Description:

Fragrant Solomonseal Rhizome.

Actions

Nourishes Yin; Moistens the Lungs; Promotes generation of Body Fluids; Nourishes the Stomach; ...

I gave my boy some crabmeat the other day at a wedding dinner. Its a cold dish & I thought it was just egg (shredded) but there's crabmeat mixed into it too...blur me....Hehe. Heng, he didn't get any allergies.

Ann: hv u tried giving kayden "yu gan you" cod liver oil? Think that one can also build better immunity?

I gave my boy some crabmeat the other day at a wedding dinner. Its a cold dish & I thought it was just egg (shredded) but there's crabmeat mixed into it too...blur me....Hehe. Heng, he didn't get any allergies.

Ann: hv u tried giving kayden "yu gan you" cod liver oil? Think that one can also build better immunity?

lasery: Wah..still not sure what is yu zhu..hehee. I used gou qi zi and red dates in porridge b4. My mum said to buy those fatter and bigger type of gou qi zi- is of better quality.

charlie,

ya need to get from those medical herb store...those fat fat gou qi zi taste nicer n sweeter..those skinny kind nt as sweet...

mrslong,

mine also ate those smash potato cold dish at the wedding..n after tt then i know they mix seafood inside...nearly fainted...heng no allergies too...but now know he can eat loh..hahaha

the cod liver fish oil..i just order online at the luvbabies....going to give him when it arrive..erm..read the review is to help strength immune system and lungs..

he had been coughing quite badly still..so tot would give n help him.

I am thinking of giving him sambucol (uk version). Like not bad review on it.

Have not given cod liver oil to him. I scared he don't like fishy taste. Haha! Maybe will try to let him taste.

Chelz: So which package is mine.. i mean Kayden. Ferragamo, LV or Chanel? LOL!! You always go play gym on weekday, very hard to go. I can only make it on the weekend. I am thinking of going to the playgym at terminal 3. Not sure nice or not.

Junie: I think the orange one taste weird. LOL!!

thanks lasery...

just came back yesterday...very shag...bb only sleep 4 hours out of the 12.5 hours journey back to Sg[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]....

I bought the Childlife Strawberry cod liver oil...

its clear liquid, smells like strawberry but tastes like FISH!

Damn yucks !!!!! But G been taking and he hates it also, now I sometimes must syringe to feed him lol! I think once i finish this bottle, gonna try the scotts orange one.. at least i don't remember it tastes as yucks as this one.

I give my boy Nordic Naturals cod liver oil. Mix into his porridge daily. Slightly fish smell, but supposed to be very pure. He np lei, will eat the porridge. Cheaper to buy online from iHerb or Drugstore.

Ann: Sambucol UK version is the one meant for 1 yo onwards is it? Think the US version is for 2 yo onwards?

Am thinking of giving Sambucol or Childlife probiotics - any feedback which is better? Or any other brand to recommend?

bdmummy,Sambucol seems like for kids age 2 and above? My colleague kids are having it and I've seen good reviews about it too.

There's another brand "sambucus" which is given to 1 year old kid and above

But I tried Childlife in GNC and had stick to it till now, I gave colotrum with probotics, vitamin C and calcium liquid for JL, alternate days.

So far what i feel is.. if I notice he sneeze quite a number of times, I will quickly give him the vitamin C to "prevent it"

I just bot the first defence also.

With all these supplement, he also eat fruits and he love it~

JL can drink a lot of water at a go. when he is awake from his nap, he can take 180ml mag mag water.. and then after that he eat his porridge and finish 1.5cup mag mag of water.

have to give plenty of water too.

But now I try not to give the water during porridge time cos he eventually will feel full cos of the water intake is too much at a go...

Just bought Sambucol (UK version) from Unity to try. If Kayden is willing to take, then will order more from the overseas spree. More expensive by about $5 if buy from unity than overseas spree.

bdmummy: You are right. UK version of Sambucol is for 1yr and above. US version is for 2 years and above. Childlife is in powder form. Kayden doesn't do well with powder, even if put in milk or juice cause sometime he doesn't finish his drink. So I rather feed him liquid directly which is why I chose Sambucol.

I have been feeding Skyler with Scotts cod liver oil (original). He likes it. Will happily open his mouth when he sees me pouring it onto his spoon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya, i read from a mag too.

The last time I went to the Fair, I bought 3 pairs.

So now, wanna get somemore cuz it's really cheap. Hopefully, it's also cheap now & hv many designs.

Cheese: I just read on the internet that Sambucus is the generic name for the elderberry, and Nature's Way used Sambucus as a brand name. But the ingredient in Sambucus is apparently extract so the original Sambucol brand is supposed to be more pure.

Ann: Think I will also get Sambucol fr UK for my boy to try. My colleague strongly recommends that too as she has seen improvement in her kids. So will buy and try too. It seems new a few months for the immunity to build up. My boy does not really like to take liquid medicine (not every those yummy n sweet ones) so hope he will like it!

Mrslong, roughly how much is would 1 pair of see kai run be at the fair? nowadays their little feet seem to grow very fast, the shoes can only last for a few months or so and need new ones already!

Just left the parenthood fair. The SKR shoes are selling at $32.90. Bought 3 pairs....but only a pair is for my boy. The other 2 for BD gifts, Hehe.

This time round, the fair doesn't hv much booths. Quite a disappointment. Wanted to buy pureen wet wipes, dun hv the booth. The shoes designs & size also quite limited.

any mummies tried pedoodles? i bought a pair for Luke at the last fair, he love it...very comfortable for walking and material also breathable.

not sure they have it at this fair mah..will pop in 2molo to see...

Hi mummies,

My cousin just open an online shop for babies and kids. Hope that you all can give her some support. Her website is http://www.thelittleones.xtreemhost.com/theLittleOnes/Home.html. Thanks.

bdmummy: Sambucus (USA - for above 2yrs old) are formulated using Black Elderberry extract (herbal) as the main ingredient. Sambucus has additional Echinecea & Propolis which had been studied on to effectively help prevent colds during winter season.

Oh.. i agree that their feet get big very fast. Hai.. just bought new shoe for him too.

Junie: Any diaper booth there??

Sandy: I heard of Pedoodles but have not tried it. Is it expensive?

Ann: Only pampers booth. This time round, really pathetic leh.

lasery: my sis bought a pair of pedoodles leather shoes from reebonz.com for my boy. The size put 12-18mths can wear....but hor, when my boy was abt 10-11mths old, I let him try....cannot wear, too small! Aiyo.

BTW, shoes only hv SKR and smaller by SKR, and a booth selling the G&H brand, some orthopaedic brand, which BP also have at times, can't remember the name.

Hi, mummies, this is first time I m posting here. Feeling quite distress as my son of 16 mth is cold and not loving. My boy is not close to me and rarely hug or kiss , not even interested when I go out to work or cum hm. He is like dat to papa and grandma who take care of him everyday... Wat sold I do .? I really envy parents whose bb always stick closel to them... I hv Oreo spent alot time and breast fed 1 yr, why he still not close ? V sad, is tis normal ?

Hi, mummies, this is first time I m posting here. Feeling quite distress as my son of 16 mth is cold and not loving. My boy is not close to me and rarely hug or kiss , not even interested when I go out to work or cum hm. He is like dat to papa and grandma who take care of him everyday... Wat sold I do .? I really envy parents whose bb always stick closel to them... I hv Oreo spent alot time and breast fed 1 yr, why he still not close ? V sad, is tis normal ?

Junie: Hah.. only pampers booth ah? Really like very pathetic lei. Last fair still have about 2 or 3 diaper booths. Dunno still worth to go or not. Was planning to go after Bibinog class tomorrow.

Bibinog Power Tots class: Anyone attending the powertots class at UE square on Saturday at 9.30am? Kayden is going there for makeup lesson tomorrow.

doveymum: Maybe your boy is a more independent person? Just observe him more. Don't be despair. I am sure eventhough your boy doesn't show his affection more often but he does know he is being loved dearly by everyone.

Hi Doveymum, what do you mean by "cold and not loving"? Does he respond to his name being called or show interest in human interactions?

erm,

about 30 plus plus when i bought his shoe the last time...saw the see kai run today...quite abit of sandels...just notice Luke need to wear the size 6 which fit just nice...the shoe look huge to mi thou...

too bad hubby say "buy shoe again"..oh well..no new shoe for him for new year...

Back