(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Ann: He is better now, still poo 4-5 times a day, but at least no longer watery.

Yeah, half day not worth. Some centres don’t even do half day programs.

Are there any non-church kindy besides Kinderland? Pats Schoolhouse is considered a kindy or childcare? Their half day program seem pretty comprehensive while for some childcare , if you go only half day, you will be missing out on the afternoon activities.

Vernie: I think for most childcare, a lot of activities happen in the morning. Afternoon like nap time and toy playing. Nothing much. Some if you wan afternoon also got activities, then must pay for extra curriculum lessons.

yup, what Ann says is true. i have heard of a few childcare which request top up of $$ / pay for enrichment in the afternoon. otherwise it's "free play".

For Pat's, so far i haven't been asked to pay for anything extra. its pay 1 price for all. so i urge mummies to ask the CC abt $$ re: enrichment in afternoons (probably not so applicable for babies group, but for nursery - K2),as for all you know, after working out, it may not be far off from schs like Pats, Eton,etc so to work out the sums carefully.

Mamil Gold Stage 3

I have 4 x 40g sachet of Mamil Gold stage 3 (exp Oct 12) and 2 x $3 off 900g Mamil Gold stage 3 voucher (exp dec 11). These are from the birthday bash goodies bag. If anyone want please PM me. Collect at Boon Lay/Redhill MRT.

Photobook / xiaoyun

Sounds interesting... It's for large format printing? I read precious comments somewhere that basically can exchange for any type? Basically am keen to do a photobook, free format could be collages some small sized photo some big sized actualy photobook size could be a4 type... Will I b able to use the voucher?

Milk feeds

How many feeds are u gals feeding bub nowadays? Bub is still getting like only 2 solids a day and 4-5 milk feeds. Wondering if too much

Teeth cleaning

Absolutely no idea how to clean his 4 tooth... Refuses to open mouth for me... How do u gals do it?

Mummies, I lose my cool with baby Kayden today. Felt so bad that I cried when putting him to sleep just now. But I really don't know what is wrong with him.

At my in-law place just now, a light weight pram which I rented was delivered. I open up the pram and Kayden indicated that he wanted to sit in it. But when I placed him in the pram and start to buckle him up, he scream and scream and scream non stop at the top of his voice. When I took him out, he is ok. When we were in the card, I placed him in the car seat.. He refused to sit in it and started crying and crying. Ignoring him, I just buckle him up. He continue to cry and cry for very long time till I pick him up from the car seat then he laugh. But I placed him back again, he started to cry again. What is wrong with him? Just throwing a tantrum?

Yesterday morning, he was still ok in his car seat. He stayed over at my in-law place as usual and then tonight become like that. See Liao I also heartache and confused. Could not stop asking myself what is wrong with him.

hi Ann, welcome to parenthood ! the day they know how to throw tantrums, is the day we start the dirty job.

there is nothing wrong with him. it's something wrong with the mommy :p not used to the 360degrees change in kids all the time. they cld be smiling one moment, and next tear ur hse down. don't worry, we restart this every other hr if you are full time at home or every other day if you are full time working mom [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ann,

relax, keep cool...mine can't be better too...i can scold him up dwn left rite, then he will bian the lips after tt smile at me again.

if not i smack his hand for trying to pull the dining chair, he will scold n scream at mi back. He can play happily laughing like nobody business n suddenly burst out crying n screaming like duno what too.

if he starts to throw tantrums n insisted on wanting tt item i will take it off n put it elsewhere where he can't reach. he can scream n cry all he wants, once he stop everything then i give him back...might sound cruel but need to instill the we r incharge to them.

Pillow: Ya, you are right. He is totally fine with the car seat this morning. Hubby say maybe he just had a bad day yesterday.

Childcare: Kayden has been confirmed for Carpe Diem @ Hilltop. He will be starting class on 27th Feb 2012. He saw the students in music class this morning and wanna join them. So funny. He was happy to see Joyce as usual and he waved bye bye to the teachers too before we go off. Hope he will really be ok there.

just recieve a broadcast from my office indicating the registration for Learning Vision Centre, Pat’s Schoolhouse Centre, Odyssey, The Global Preschool centres is open. We actually got Priority enrolment if got open slots..

until now then i know t...=.=!!

lasery: Those childcare/preschools you listed are all under the Knowledge Universe group. Your company must have some links/affiliation with them?

Throwing tantrums:

Haiz, K also likes to throw tantrums and to test my reactions to his actions or going-to-do-actions. Sometimes when I am really v tired n pissed, I will whack his backside/hands or scold him. Feel bad after that.

Ann: Singapore prison service loh...

vernie: izzit...under knowledge universe grp ar...ya they gt coperate link with them. Just found out after i saw the broadcast n went to my staff well being site to see..

sua ku lah me...

charlie,

L will purposely do whateva i say NO loh...i tell him no to pulling the curtain. he will purposely put the hand there n pull then look at mi n see my reaction. I wack or scold him liao, he will put again, n he will keep repeating it until i get fed up n pin him dwn on the bed.

Yes lasery!!: K also likes to pull and play with the curtain! But I think he copies me for this action, cos I always pull open the curtain in the morning..

Claudia: Recently just checked with the pd for the diet of a one year old. She said is 3x solids (can be 2x porridge & 1x snack or 2x porridge& 1xcereal) and 3 x 200ml milk. But I am feeding K 3xsolids plus 4x200ml milk.

charlie,

ya lah...he must be wondering y mummy can pull but i cannot pull...angry leh...n the dinning chairs too...anything we do he will follow...pek chek...

then nowadays he don't want ppl to hold him loh...he will stand up then hold on the to wall n walk himself...bu pa si de jia huo. when he fall dwn then he cry very loud look for us...after we carry him, he will stop. then he will beat the floor or whateva tt hurt him...coz starting to pacify him we will beat the item tt hurt him...then he follow also loh...

lasery: sometime very difficulty to prevent the kiddos not to imitates us ... my family now behaves like what we want her to do... like eg. take tissue paper to throw in trash bin. everyone got to do the same thing then she follow. eg. throw the ball into the net, everyone do the same thing.

Shower - got to take towel right, have to take hers 1st, then everyone goes to take their and wait for their turn shower. After shower, everyone got to take turn to comb hair...

so my parents have become typical army recruit like that... i m the commander of cos... wahahahah !

Ya.. I think they are at the age where they will start to imitate our actions. That day at the birthday bash, Kayden see Vernie putting the toys in the basket and he started doing the same thing. Now when he sees me combing my hair, he will ask for his comb to comb his hair too.

beannie: your parents are good to behave appropriately infront of C. My FIL was so grossed at the tea ceremony when my SIL got married. He said a hokkien "blessing" loudly to her with a vulgar word LP in it- later they told me it means to give birth to a boy soon. K was there. Once again, I am thankful I need not stay with PIL or ask them to look after K.

lasery: one year old not easy to take care hor..I wonder what happens when they are two years old...:S

JP: sorry another mommy already PM me that she wants the sachet of mamil gold. Do you want the $3 voucher? If yes I can mail them to you.

beannie...

OMG...ya he knoes how to throw things into the dustbin..he will lift the lid then throw things inside ...including his toys..he knows how to give n share his things too..(depends on he wanna let go or not only)

n best part is he love to pull tissue paper...every morning without fail he wakes up he will go to the bed frame n grab tt box of tissue..if we r still sleeping, he will pull happily 1 by 1 until everything inside is out then he will pat either 1 of us to wake up n show the empty box.

sometimes weekend wake up i duno wanna cry or laugh...need to wake up earlier then him to prevent my tissue from getting out the box.

LOL. Is cute la the way they imitate us, but as parents, give us more work to do! hahaa. K likes to pull tissues, and tear into small pieces then he will say "aye aye aye" like v happy. And I have to clear the mess.

charlie: I now move back to my parents there to stay as i sold my car off ready. travel to my ofc n bb's IFC is also nearer. my parents can't tolerate "no manners" kiddos and my mummy used to be baby sitter thats y she understands bb alot. my ILs mouth sometimes also have those very vulgar words out when they are pissed off by whosoever at hm... i also want to faint... worst is talk loudly asking my bb at 645am (time i leaving for work usually) "what time ready still slping ah!!" i always kena this one unknowingly... very angry one lor! then wake my bb up and bb got so angry being startled awake.

my parents they TC bb most time in their life, they both when out n come back from breakfast n marketing, my hubby n bb n myself don't even know. weekend always sleep till mid morning then all 3 of us wake up. worst is always tell my parents to wake us up for breakfast but nvr happens for the past 3 weeks. At my ILs there ah can slp till 8am very good ready, the whole unit is like rumbling to come down anytime.

Lasery: put tissue paper higher lar... and else replace the tissue box with an empty box filled with his toys or something cant be too messy to clear up when u wake up... my bb if wake up will pat me then point the floor to ask me let her dwn. then she help herself to pat the furkids n getting the furkids to run away from her then all repeats. hahaha!

Irene

Sure. I don't mind that

Vernie

If u dun mind I'll like to hv e vouchers too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] tnx

ya lah...heng mine didn't tear them, he only pull them out. 1 whole box of tissue is enough to clear liao loh..wat's more tear until small pieces...i will slaughter him cook curry xia..

different baby will "baby talk differently" some goes aye aye aye, some goes ah ah ah ah, some go ya ya ya ya ya....

i gt 1 chicken n 1 duck at home...son will go "ah ah ah" (hokkien ah = duck)...hubby will go "gueh gueh gueh" (hokkien gueh = chicken)..n they will compet who is the loudest...

everytime they does tt my head will start to ache.

hi mummies,

My boy has been having fever on-off since yest. Hovering around 38.5 degrees or so. We hv given him paracetamol as prescribed previously by the PD based on his weight..

Is it still necessary to bring him to see the PD?

mrslong,

u can monitor for today see any other symptoms develop. if only fever, could it be heaty or little water intake?

give him more water to keep him hydrated wor.

if really still undecisive, can call the pd n ask for advice from the nurses there.

hope it helps n bb get well soon.

We gave him barley water to drink. Just received call from my MIL, she said Isaias is still hvg fever & cannot sleep. Bringing him to see the PD now cuz looks like the medication is not helping. More than 24hrs liao le the fever.

Mrs long

No other symptoms?

My PD would advise give para 4hourly until fever subsides. Keep sponging baby.

If after 1 day still not recovered then take to PD?

thanks mummies.

Went to consult the PD already. Most likely due to teething as we also did urine test, no infection.

His temp went up to 39 degree, so we gave him Neurofen, prescribed by the dr.

Haiz...just wondering if there'd be any side effects cuz my boy seems to be taking medication quite often....just 2 weeks ago, got diarrhoea lah, also fever lah, etc.

oh, did PD says its teething ? i didnt think teething will have such high fever of 39, thought if any, would be 38 max

junie

think it's not teething but viral... cos his temp yo-yo. if u can, chart his temp. then u can tell if teething or not... agree w pillow, teething temp rise will not go up to 39. anyway, just watch out for rise or fall in temp too suddenly... this may cause febrile fits in young children. hope ur son recovers v v soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Junie: has Isaias' fever subsided? yeah, i dun think it's teething either. H had fever which wouldn't go away - it would subside, then came back again. took her to PD and checked that her throat was a bit red - infection

Isaias' fever has subsided after the dosage of neurofen. his temp of 39 was just once-off, then become 38 degree or so. PD said most likely is teething cuz can see his top 2 teeth jutting out soon.

And did the urine test, no infection.

Though he was having fever, still quite active lor...so dr said still ok...if drowsy/lethargic then cld be some virus.

Tks mummies for your advice.

junie: I just experience that since 14 july (39.8) for about 10 days. fever each night is always higher then the daytime. Afternoon usually around 38+. then early this week, I felt 4 tiny edges on her lower gum (1st big one) is coming out ! and i got bitten so hard by her becos i stick my finger in to "find" "gold" hahaha!

again did the urine test (no problem at all) throat abit red red, flu, slight cough. Made me took few days leaves this month.

Now she is all well walking around the house each day reaching home asking/looking for food.

Lasery: my gal now kinda scary one lei... 5pm have some cake/pancake/cereal etc. Portion is enough to feed her FULL. then short nap at IFC.

Then i pick her up at 6pm, reach hm 630pm. 7pm - my dinner, she will still have 2-3 tablespoon (the size we use to eat) rice with steamed fish sauce + fish + hotdog bits + egg (some nights without either fish/hotdog bits/egg) = really alot for a 12mths kiddo! 930pm 8-9oz of milk + 2-3 scoop of brown rice or rice (Cerelac)...

And ya she will finish all her bowl of food and milk.

xbeanniex: Kayden same thing too.. whenever i reach my in law house, he will ransacked my bag for food. He knows I will always have something for him in the bag. Haha!!

ann: my bag dont have food but have Galaxy Tab -.-ll she will want to have it in her arms to watch her "friends" Mickey n Minnie.

If my cousin is around, would be her bag, Ipad.

Have her favourite Xylophone to play - Music Time!

Back