(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

July Birthday Bash (2nd July)

Dear Mommies! Our birthday bash is this Sat (wheeeeeeeeeee so fast its here!), here is a kind reminder of these to take note:

1) Please arrive before 5:30pm or you might miss out on some activities!

2) Please do not forget your secret birthday gift

3) Please remember to dress your child up in their Tiger birthday t-shirt!

Thanks!! Only a few days left!!

erm....nt sure if i can go or not coz it's a weekday and july i m hell bzi...feel like bringing him there again..

very fun loh...baby L know how to lift his leg n slide n he enjoy climbing up the stair to the slide..

yes yes!! countdown to the bash 4 more days...

and any other mummies able to bring the playyard

btw we are in need of the haenim play yard . Another mummies who are able to bring a panel ( including the yellow connecting piece) for the bash please let us know. We are looking at 8 pieces and please remember to label them.

thanks

1)Lynn

2)Annie

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

jaclyn: I have been searching n thinking for the past 1 mth plus... i got item A end up thinking not nice to give this lar... so after some days got item B again end up with my C as i find it not suitable... later i am going to do my shopping again... hopefully can get something for bday bb...

**something to learn good or something to play is good..... (scratching head)

Hi mummies, I might hv problem with the birthday bash... K is down with stomach flu n suspected measles. Now hospitalized... .... Dr say might need to stay 3 to 5 days. Even if he recovers I think I better not go cos dr say it's contagious if its confirmed to be measles. So disappointed cos been waiting for this big day for so long le... But think I better not go. So sorry if I disrupted anything! I'll still buy the present for the secret baby k? Will probably ask my hubby to drop by. So sorry about it!!!

Oh dear, its ok kepsis. Baby's health more impt. I hope he gets well soon!

Suspected measles? I thought all our bbs took injection against measles when they r infants? No? Or not yet?

aww....take care of bb K wor..i know how it feels when bb is sick and yet the mummy can only help tt much to relieve the pain.

esp the nurses n doc keep coming at the wrong timing and cause distruption to bb sleeps. do make your stand if u really think they are making to much distruption to bb normal routine..

eg: bb L was inform to have a drip on his leg but he was asleep at tt time n the doc ask to wake him n insert the drip..i insisted tt to let him sleep n wake up then do the drip. but doc doc say put drip liao then can give antibiotic then recover faster. i still say NO to the doc..let him sleep wake up then do the drip. (reason is he hasn't been sleeping much n properly coz they keep distrupting his nap) argh!!

mrslong: not yet leh i think. shld be tt jab after 1 years old de..

countdown to the bash 4 more days...

btw we are in need of the haenim play yard . Another mummies who are able to bring a panel ( including the yellow connecting piece) for the bash please let us know. We are looking at 8 pieces and please remember to label them.

thanks

1)Lynn

2)Annie

3) Eliss

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

kepsis: so sorry to hear that Kayden is not feeling well. But no worry, he's going to recover soon! hugs! God bless

lasery, Junie: think it's the MMR jab. booklet says 1.5yo (i think) but most likely i'll delay until H is 3yo? i read about autism being associated with this vaccine. H hasn't even completed her pneumococcal jabs yet. haha. the final dose will be in Aug

countdown to the bash 4 more days...

thanks

1)Lynn

2)Annie

3) Eliss

4)Chez

5)

6)

7)

8)

kepsis: hope your bb has a fast recovery.

Talking about jabs, there is one coming for my bb when he turns one- think is the booster jab for pneumococcal. Think there is also MMR or MMRV with chicken pox jab around 15 or 18mths. If can delay, I also want to delay this jab.

This coming July is very busy for me, with bb's bday and 2 weddings to attend. My SIL's wedding is a wedding lunch, so we need to go early in the morning to the hotel for the tea ceremony. Stupid HB asks to go earlier cos he needs to help. Wah lao. I told him I need to prepare bb and myself, so how early we can go also depends on how fast I can prepare bb right. He also never help at all when we go our with bb. I told him I will try my best to hurry the process but I need to cook porridge or bring cereal for his lunch. Then he said, "can let bb drink milk whole day?" He has been a dad for almost a year and such stupidity can come out from his mouth. At the moment, I nearly wanted to use K's toy to whack his head to hear how empty it is.

Charlie: Pretty normal for daddy to do that lar...

My HB is nothing better... he also like when comes to his programmes... then he pek chek himself.

I will still do as per normal since i am preparing bb myself and got to think what to prepare for bb.

but Charlie, for your own convi. best is feed cereals for the day and during the lunch, should have rice or cake or what that can give bb to eat abit on top of cereals.

That is what I will do if have to be out for long hours.

Or u go to the WTB section see able to buy some of those cereal sachets, that one is alot easier compared to bringing containers filled with cereals...

Oh, the jab is to be taken after 1yr old....so it's the chicken pox one that also comprises of measles?

Ya, I also heard abt the vaccine may cause autism.

Asked the PD last month when can my boy take the vaccine, he said anytime after 1 y/o.

Now I dunno if I shld let him take b4 he turns 2y/o or otherwise.

Beannie: yeah..I am damn DL with him cos he still think we can just go out like that. No need to prepare bb, or plan abit. Bb is still dependent on us loh, not say go means can go right..? very selfish of him.

xbeanie>> it's not clinically proven & it's pretty debatable but many mummies say if can delay the vaccination, then delay.

So maybe I shall wait till my boy is 2 y/o then jab? Just hope during this period, won't kenna chicken pox, measles, etc.

But then come to think of it, last time during our bb time, where got vaccine for chicken pox one...kenna kenna lor hor, hehee.

!!! 3 MORE DAYS TO THE COOLEST BASH OF THE YEAR!!!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5665473.jpg]

***Highlights***

-> Prizes worth >S$2000 to be won!

-> Fun & exciting games

-> Highly anticipated secret gift exchange

-> Exquisite yummilicious Cake

-> Exclusively personalised cupcake

-> Custom-made fascinating decorations

-> delectable buffet =P

-> and of cos official photographer to capture all the wonderful memories!

Looking forward to the bash!

I think July 2010 MTB is the most happening thread lor.

Thanks to all the organisers for your time & efforts to make this happen

Charliebrown,

Agreed with wat xbeannie said. I would also let S eats cereal rather than porridge if I m rushing for time or gg out for the whole day. I would prepare the cereal n put in containers the night before, pack n get ready my baby bag then next morning just needa pack bottles n water only. Very easy n fast.

Yeah to the committee of the bb bday bash!!! They have it in alot of efforts n meetings to Organise this bash. Am so looking FORWARD to it!!

totally agree...HB will always nag say see lah...i bathe liao still haven ready...

now smart le..i pack everything then change my son (cereal + a can of puree / sachet) <--this will be 2 meals liao then bring 2 meals of milk .then i will look at him with the face black black indicating y he so slow when both are ready n waiting for him.

slowly slowly he also learn how to pack bb bag nowadays when we r going out for the whole day.

keep nagging n nagging at him...don't wanna do then don't go loh..i can always stay at home de. hahaha this wife very mean n evil hor...lolx

lasery: I started this pattern lately too...

want to waste time or keep doing own things instead of helping to change or pack bb bag then i oso waste time lor... don go out lor...

HB now also very smart liao... he pack bb bag when i changing/showering bb... or he pack when he wake up early (usually he wakes up earlier then me n bb) hahaha!

Regarding MMR,

You all know i have 2 kids. Ashlyn took her MMR at 2plus years old. We delay from 15th months and wanted to jab at 2 yrs old but she kept getting sick. I just want u all to know that i got a letter from MOH because I didnt bring her to jab. The letter states i must bring her! So she got her jab at 2 yrs 3months.

SO DONT PLAY PLAY -- MOH got records of yr baby's jabs!

Yes I remember theres a govt website we can go to, enter our baby's full name and IC number and then they will list out all the immunizations your baby has done. I forgot the exact url though!

mrslong, as long as before pri 1 you settle all the jabs. Because before registration, must show them the health booklet to make sure all immunizations have been done already

Grace: not that we're not going to but trying to delay as long as possible. Like what Junie said lor. heehee...which is more important - following MOH regulations or your child's well being?

Hi mummies!! Wow it's getting exciting with the upcoming bday bash!! Anyone cannot make it last min pls let me knoooowwww hee hee

Juz some updates... We are back fr our trip!! It was a fabulous trip! Everything went well except that we ran short of diapers n milk!! The two most impt stuff leh!! My hubby n I were like asking how come come.. Tot we counted n counted more than enough... Anyway it's not too much of a prob coz we bought diapers there n of coz premium price la n I also brought rice for cooking porridge ... So no big deal! Hee gee

Suddenly when baby n I woke up this morning... It feel so surreal that my gal is now a toddler!! And know what... She slept on plane yesterday.. And came back slept at 1030pm and woke up 945am!! Icouldnt believe my eyes when I wakey this morning!! Tho it's prob juz one off... But I am thankful enough coz I was so so tired fr all the laundry n unpacking till almost two am! Hee

AK: Great to know you guys had a wonderful trip! Must be a relieve also that all went well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

just thought it might be of interest that the famous study that links vaccination and autism has long been retracted. but damage has been done. it is etched in all parents' mind.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2010/02/02/autism-mmr-lancet-wakefield.html

some of the childcare centres do check immunisations before allowing admission so it's not just a primary 1 issue.

if your child is in childcare, it really pays to get all the jabs done. it's not a pretty sight to have them falling so ill at such a young age.

Hi mummies,

Now on my way to go and collect the birthday bash top. Going to have long lunch today. Hehe!

Hai... Was planning to go Phuket with hubby & Kayden. MIL say Phuket not suitable for Kayden cause got a lot of unrest spirits due to tsunami. Ask us to go maybe BKK, Penang, Bali, etc. Sian... And her reasoning doesn't make sense.

Now hubby say he will not be able to go trip during that period too. So double sian for me. Why is it so hard to plan for a trip?

Birthday Bash: Super looking forward to it and thanks organizers for the hard work.

AK: So glad your trip went so well. I am looking forward to bring kayden on a trip too but so many hindrances.

Yaa, count down to the July bash. Though i am a silence reader, i registered my baby girl for this event. Hope i'm not the only stranger to the mummies who attends the bash.

My boy is coming to 30 months and i have yet to vaccine him against MMR because of the fear of autism. I have received two letters from MOH but i just ignored it. Not intend to inject him till he is 5.

hihi mummies,

how's ur day?

bb bash organising team, a big thank you for all the efforts.

Very excited and am looking forward to this sat.

I have a little problem here.. may i know where you mummies order the b'day cakes for ur bb??

Will u feed bb the b'day cake? cos it consist of egg. and understand fm pd that dun give bb egg until after 1 yr old.

Can any mummies help?

Back