(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

glutinuous rice:I agree with Julie that it is difficult to digest and should avoid giving to our little ones. The same goes for honey, strawberry and nuts. Egg should also avoid before 1 year old but as I hope that Nathan can eat his birthday cake, I have tried to let him eat a bit of scrambled egg and he was ok with it, no allegic reaction =)

Chez: It's the june holiday and both playground will be very very crowded so you might want to go somewhere else =)

Junie: saw on facebook that your friend also recommended caesar park hahaa. Here are some photos of the upgraded room (should be premier room) for your reference

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5588432.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5588433.jpg]

irene,

the hotel room looks nice with huge toilet. how much per nite? btw, tks to remind me it's school holiday now. must avoid those places.

My HB & I are only touring in Taipei cuz we will only be there for 4D3N.

Oh, Caesar Hotel renovated already? Cuz I read the reviews said its quite dated. But it has the best location.

In the end, we booked Roumei Boutique hotel via booking.com. Executive Dbl at abt S$140 per night.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

hi, i am selling gifts from friends that do not fit my baby girl. mostly brand new baby girl clothes, shoes, towels, etc. including baby gap dress, camper baby shoes, oshkosh romper. also, some pre-loved & freebies. prices from $1 incl free normal postage. pls PM me if interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109321966445626054039/Bouncingbean?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-2ubakmqDuRQ#

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5588862.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5588863.jpg]

Hi mummies,

Any recommendation on car seat that you are happy with its use? I may have missed out on the previous discussions about car seats!!

I'm going to get a new one for my little girl. Her dad wanted the car seat back, so I thought it'll be a good chance for me to get a new one. The car seat that we got is Inglesia.

Hi Julie,

Im using evenflo brand..

quite satisfy with it..i think we bought it in Robinson at $249 last time, original price is $400++.

Julie,

My bb got hfmd last week, caught fr my elder gal. When I visit pd, she prescribed parcetamol(pink color) 2.5ml as she weighs 10.3kg.. How come yrs is 5ml? Somemore, when her fever reached 39 degrees, I called clinic n ask nurse the dosage of nurofen(my elder gal's medicine) to give my bb, she said cannot give to kids <1yo.. Can only keep sponging n give parcetamol every 4hrs..

Chez, SK,

My gal is the same as yrs. Can only eat 3/4 (for good days) or 1/2 (normal) pigeon green bowl for her porridge (dinner). Lunch is 2 tablespoon of cereal n normally can't finish..

She likes to latch on for milk n rejects bottle.. Now my mum has a hard time taking care of her.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Also have to give a lot of toys to trick her to eat, sometime use melts to trick her to open mouth as my gal will die die dun open mouth.. Tiring sia..

My girl has been coughing recently, but more frequent at night. Cough till want to vomit. Feeding her medicine is tougher now hais... She will jux spit out everything.

Does warm water and eucalyptus oil help? Any household remedy other than taking med?

Actually I will always try to let my boy drinks warm water instead of room temp water which we adults always drink. My 4yr old niece used to cough very often when she wad younger. My SIS then brought her to see Chinese sinseh. He said for babies let them drink warm water, will cough lesser.

Julie,

For carseats, we got a Britax Safe and Sound range for my boy...so far so good!

Robinsons got carry this range and depending on the model, the price varies from $200+ to $300+...

We got ours at Baby Kingdom...$200+. Can sit up to 3 years old if I remember correctly. Then after that, change to those booster seat type....

I am using NARNIA brand for my bb c.

Unbuckle seat belt got sound to alert you... in case kids these days are so smart... my BBC is imitating whatever I do... especially facial expressions ... -.-lll

Chez: I booked through hotelclub.com and it was $179 for superior room but we got upgrade to premier room. From time to time hotelclub.com will have hot deals and currently for the deluxe suite (which is even nicer and comes with a 180 degree revolving TV wall) with breakfast is only $176! Haha I sound like a spokeperson for the hotel.

quartzie: that time when Nathan's cough persisted for quite a few days, I gave him Prospan and he recovered very quickly. He actually liked taking the med as it's sweet. If Yunting really don't want to take, you can try mixing into her milk.

quart,

mine also coughing with alot of pleghm n fluing n fever since last mon...but fever subside on wed.

what i do is when eva he going to sleep, i will rub baby vicks or ru yi oil on his back n chest area then let him go sleep. only a little bit like 2 drops of the oil or a light swipe on the vicks.

he will sleep for awhile then wake up coughing until he vomit out the pleghm. if not normally he will cough n cough then swallow bk the pleghm.

after he puke the pleghm out he will sleep thru le.

then feeding him the medicine i will go easy by adding milk in it. i will make 30ml of milk then add the medicine inside. he will happily finish everything without fuss. if i use the normal stringe with medicine straight into the mouth. i will end up with food n medicine all wasted coz he will induce vomiting or cry until vomit.

Xbeanniex: speaking of imitating.. I think now babies are really good at imitating! Ytd, I was changing her diaper and wiping her with wet tissue. She pulled a pc of wet tissue and started cleaning her privates herself while lying down. OMG, I really couldn’t stop laughing. Recently taught her to keep her toys after playing and surprisingly, she can keep all the toys by herself when she sees me putting one back into the box!

SK: indeed ! no kidding ! my HB very cheeky disturb me thinking BB C will not understand... end up he got a shock himself when his daughter stretch little hand over to touch his nipple! i was laughing till tears rolled down...

Xbeanniex: Haha! Baby K also interested in my hubby's nipples especially when they perk up. Now he interested in my belly button. If I ignore him on the bed, he will flip my shirt up abit and put his little fingers in to poke my belly button.

Sweetkiss: Ya, they know. I also teach Kayden to put back his books after i read it for him. Now teaching him how to stack building blocks. But he more interested in the destroying the blocks I build.

Hey mummies, I am staying in the east, wondering if any of you is keen on a playdate? My boy is coming to 11 mths. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SK: yeah yeah ! sometimes i really so tired till almost no energy, I would purposely put C at her daddy sides then put C hand over her daddy's armpit then C will know what to do ...

C would play for sometime then I can rest while HB slight movement from C's pulling his hair would trigger C to giggle n LOL n everything repeats.

Thou HB intention is to stop C but C thought HB is playing with her thus it goes round n round n round n round ...

Any mummies putting up a wish list for ur bb’s bday?? I want to do one just in case I get stuffs I do not need, but will i seem very thick skinned? what if ppl really buy and i get multiples of the same item?

SK: my wishlist is $$ can anot ah ? =x

i now staying with my ILs no place to put her toys at all... C now all the time is playing on my queen size bed only ... in fact since birth as my bedroom floor is only 1 way traffic... and and very dangerous for her to move around as there are many boxes around.

Living room is worst ! got that "yao lan" setup, clothes rackS, shoes all over the corner of the living room, and after praying mess/oily floor from joss sticks ash etc. well the living floor to me is practically another food court floor ... i dont see any different... maybe some food court floor are cleaner then the living room...

sweetkiss...

my boy also love his dad nipple leh...n his leg hair too...got once luke woke up but his dad still sleeping..then he go play the dad nipple n gt too curious he went to bite it( luke gt teeth liao)...Hubby jump up in pain n stare at him...

In the evening when i come hm he told mi tt i also laugh until pengz.

talking abt BB playing with HB's nips...cuz my HB likes to go topless @ home, when my bb plays with my HB, he will always squeeze/nip/twist the nip...until or-cheh! haha.

Luke's 1st Birthday party

Date : 10 July 2011

Location is : Aloha Changi Fairy Point Bungalows, 318 Leuchars Road, unit 2

Time : 4pm til 7pm

Looks like I am going to start the ball rolling.

This Sat, Alwyn's 1 yr old party...boy, so many things to bring to the chalet and I have not packed!

Mummies, it's my bb's turn to be sick [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

She's been coughing, sneezing all weekend & yesterday her temp went up to 37.6. Took her to the dr this morning. After a 3hr wait, dr said her cough is mild, no meds. But I find she's coughing a lot, like lots of phlegm. Cough till she's going to vomit. So poor thing. I've rubbed Vicks on her chest, back, soles of her feet. what else can I do to make her feel better?

hahahha...i haven book buffet, haven order cake...haven buy his party things...=X

only book the chalet liao...

any mummies wanna come to his party...

wah, grace....your boy will be the 1st then.

Mine also chalet @ NSRCC...wondering if my boy will be able to sleep there cuz different environment.

Talking abt BD celebrations, am pretty upset with my MIL...keeps wanting to meddle!

Scare wait food order not enough, not nice, etc...

Told my HB, this will be the 1st & last time am organising such BD celebrations. Subsequent one, only celebrate with friends with kids. Family one if want to do, do a potluck @ home. Period.

lasery: if we do not have anything on that day & there're other mummies going, then we'd love to be part of Luke's BD celebration.

Re: coughing

my MIL just called awhile ago & informed me my boy seems to be coughing & sneezing (though no phlegm & mucus). Told her to monitor and see if tmrw will be ok.

I am thinking if it's not necessary, no need to see the PD. Can I just go Guardian & buy Prospan for my boy to self-medicate?

eh...mrslong better don't self medicate leh....

monitor him 1 day 1st..coz once start the next day will fever liao..very fast de..

coco u bring to polyclinic or pd? wanna try bring to GP instead.

i don't bring mine to PD after kana chop n he didn't cure his flu for 1 mth. <--condamn PD hahaha

ya, think better dun self medicate cuz i also dunno how much to give. I just booked the PD slot tmrw....booked 1st, heee.

Anyway, wanna ask the PD some stuff also, so might as well, haha.

Lasery: LOL! Omg.. poor daddy.. hahaha.

Junie, ur boy really a lot of strength!

Any of u your babies love sleeping close to u? every night, when I put my girl to bed on her cot, she will crawl from her cot to my bed (I joined her cot to my bed) and will keep adjusting her body till the top of her head is resting against my body! She super loves to lie under my armpit or on my tummy.. Sometimes I will wake up at 3-4am and see her buried beside me all of a sudden. If she wakes up earlier than me in the morn, she will play quietly by herself. I always make sure to put a small toy in her cot. Once she sees me wake up she then start to touch me or “talk”. It makes me feel so loved. Hahaha.

:)

babies learn things sure fast...

the only thing my bb know is to "Beat, shake head, clap hands, kick, and dive.." lol~~

he will scream, shout "papa, puuuupuuu, mama, Busss., mum mum, eat, neh neh(milk), jiejie.." lol..

sick baby : mummies don panic when come to handling bb sickness.. mummy needs to have stable & calm mind.. so in order to think what is the correct way to handle... :)

tat time i panic, i die so fast lorz... hahah~ everything in a mess.. not is in the correct way... hai~~ >_<|| So i learnt from my own lesson, stable & calm mind is the important thing i need to have... hai~~

the only medicine i feed my boy is fever medicine.. no more le.. even he is in running nose, i just leave it to heal itself.. the only thing i give beside the fever medicine is the block nose drop... no more le..

I think PD is safer... then GP.. coz i feel they are mainly for GrandParents (GP) doctor lorz.. Will PD is more safer lahz...

Baby party : my boy party will be celebrating together with his sister... :) hope it is okay to do so.. :)

have booked the chalet, order 2 cakes, buffet, goodies for the kids, and birthday invitations & banners.. Not sure what have i miss out...

SK, your bb is really sweet! mine will just want to play if she sees me or hb, wont sleep if we're in the room! and she doesnt care if we're sleeping next to her. she will climb on our faces to get our attention (coz sometimes we fall asleep in her play yard but of course she wants to play haha)

Sk,

totally agree with u...luke does tt too...but he can't crwal from the cot to my bed. he will stand in the cot n call mama..

if we put him on our big bed to sleep together he will hid under my armpit or hide inbetween my legs. Daddy always say he wanna go bk into the tummy..

Morning if he wakes up earlier then mi he will sit up n use his hand to pat my face ask mi wake up also..(NO GD AT ALL)...daddy sleeping beside him he also won't go disturb him...

sandy,

sorry i cant make luke's party. i have a prior appt. thanks for inviting =)

As for Alwyn's party, its just with family.

So i ordered BBQ. even hire a person to bbq for us... cos NO ONE wants to BBQ!

As for decorations, it just simple banner i buy from spotlight for $3..hahaha.. balloons no helium.. just pump only.. then its just goodie bags for the kids. Cake ordered from Shira's Choice. that's abt it.

if mummy goes to work in the weekday he will abuse the daddy...when he wake up, he won't pat the daddy face..he will pinch the nipple or punch his dad face, if nt will take toys from the bed frame n throw at his dad...poorthing the daddy..

my boy will not get to sleep if his daddy around.. so either his daddy have to dead sleep like a log or out of the room then my boy will sleep..

and my boy already get used to sleep in his cot, so he will not wan to slp on my big.. heng... :) In the morning, if he wakes up early.. he will not disturb my beauty slp.. unless, he is very hungry.. he will start calling mama, or throw his pillows & bosters on my face... lol~~ :)

lasery,

luke like m... every morning will "piak" my face... he wont disturb his daddy... sometimes i just use pillow to cover my face so he wont "piak" my face...then he will start pulling my hair...dont know why he never attack his daddy...:D :D :D...

lasery, i took my bb to pd. was hoping she would give us some cough meds.

grace, can share what you pack in your goodie bag? i have no idea what to give, plus the kids that are coming to the bday party are older, from 5-12.

mine bday themes is mickey & minnie.. SO i got Mickey & Minnie pencil case sets for the kids.. and beside tat, i will buy many many sweets and place it in a glass bowl.. so anyone can just grab & eat..

i might also get some simple goodies bags just in case my mickey & minnie pencil case set run out... lol~~

Back