(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

YES! Rayden is finally sprouting teeth.. I can see his tiny weeny bottom front teeth about the cut through!

So finally.. He's back to sleeping through after a 3-day cry-it-out in the wee hours.. I'm soooo happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So.. now I can have some time to surf the forum!

ya.. me too.. cant wait for Pris gathering... & can meet all mummies again... :)

And also hope to cheer up my gal too.. During the weekday, she fall & hit her forehead.. and got stitches at her forehead... it was quite a deep cut... i see le, I feel so heartpain... ):

Gathering on 27th FEBRUARY @ Pris

2-5pm

NAME / FOODLIST

1) Pris (host) = pizza

2) Eliss & HB = fruits + 1 yoga mat

3) suntan =

4) suika =

5) Jaclyn + Raq + baby G =

6) Jasline + Hubby + Baby J =

7) bbbliss + HB + baby =

8) geri and hb and bb = potato salad

9) vivi, hb, bb and #1 =

10)phy, hb, #1 and baby = BBQ Chicken Wings

11)babycoco, hb, bb = Drinks

12) Chelz, hb, bb, maid = Soft Drink + disposable cups

13) Junie, HB & bb Isaias = McDonald's McNuggets.

14) DQ = 933 golden pillow

15) Lynn Hb & Enzo = Shepherd's pie

16) Nicole =

17) Hershey, hb, #1 & bb galen = playmat & Agar agar

18) Michelle , my parents & bb. =

19) ica, hubby/my mom + baby = Marcaroons

20) Janice = fishballs

Mamy poko diaper : i'm using mamy poko diaper in the day.. and pamper in the nite.. and mamy poko pants when i'm out.... C:

some times, i also use mamy poko diaper during the nite time... i find it okay...

last time i use mamypoko is ok...

now seems that the absorbent is not as good le..

I find fitti premium is the best to last during the night.

My hubby dun allow me to buy diapers as of nw if not i would like to store more fitti premium when its offer!

Any mummies stop Bf and boobs size become smaller than pre- pregnancy ? So depressed, mine become smaller than pre-pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

2-5pm

NAME / FOODLIST

1) Pris (host) = pizza

3) suntan =

4) suika =

6) Jasline + Hubby + Baby J = polar cakes

7) bbbliss + HB + baby =

9) vivi, hb, bb and #1 =

16) Nicole =

20) Janice = fishballs

2-5pm

NAME / FOODLIST

1) Pris (host) = pizza

3) suntan =

4) suika =

6) Jasline + Hubby + Baby J = polar cakes

7) bbbliss + HB + baby =

9) vivi, hb, bb and #1 =

16) Nicole =

20) Janice = fishballs

CLOSED

Hi Mummies

Any of your bb is teething..

I juz saw my bb lower jaw 2 white teeth is out during weekend.. and he is on off having fever..

can i know if it is normal for bb to experience fever during teething??

My girl using drypers drypantz or NTUC diapers in the day and mamypoko at nite. I prefer pampers active baby but my mil buys the mamypoko for me so I dun have a chance to restock yet. But so far I dun have leakage prob with all of them.

Sito: yes my boobs are smaller than pre-preg. Very sad too but there's nth I can do abt it. Just massage daily to firm it lor cos due to BFing it seems to sag a bit. But I have lucky frens who went up by a cup size.

My bb no teeth yet but I see some white spots on her gums. Recently, she has been screaming & crying 2-3 times suddenly in the mid of the nite. I rem some mummies exp it due to bb teething? Her screams always shock me.. I hope this phase will be over soon cos I'm so tired at work..

Yvonne: Is normal for bb to have fever while teething.

Sweetkiss: that is the water cyst, think Pris told me about. My bb had that for many weeks before can finally see the teeth coming out. he now has 2 little teeth coming out. Yeah, scary to hear them scream at nite.

How was the little gym on Sat?

Hi Mummies, I'm new here. I've got a 22 months boy and a 7 months girl.

Teething: we can see some whites since she was abt 4 mths. but to date, nothing more. my girl is pretty fussy n cries quite alot. so, i dunno if its from teething. doctors don't beleive tt teething causes fever whenever i ask. but my boy did hv diarrhoea when he was teeting.

Diapers: i swear by mamy poko with the many brands tat i've tried with boy. so far it holds the best, w/o leaking. better than pampers. for shortwhile eg 1 to 2 hrs, i use drypers for my girl.

Any of your bbies crawling yet?

Hi Mummies, I'm new here. I've got a 22 months boy and a 7 months girl.

Teething: we can see some whites since she was abt 4 mths. but to date, nothing more. my girl is pretty fussy n cries quite alot. so, i dunno if its from teething. doctors don't beleive tt teething causes fever whenever i ask. but my boy did hv diarrhoea when he was teeting.

Diapers: i swear by mamy poko with the many brands tat i've tried with boy. so far it holds the best, w/o leaking. better than pampers. for shortwhile eg 1 to 2 hrs, i use drypers for my girl.

Any of your bbies crawling yet?

Teething: Guess not all bbs experience fever and diarrhoea while teething. Some bbs are lucky as they experience no pain bah..

Porridge:

What kind of rice to use for porridge? Is it necessary to use "zhen zhu mi" while cooking porridge? After reading Cheese's review on the Tiger jar, I so wanna get!!

Diapers:

My bb using Mamypoko(M size) at nite and it can hold lots of urine, from 10pm to 7.30am. Daytime using Pampers active, holds urine well, but for poo, if it is alot, it may leak for my bb's case.

Claudia: My hb also liverpool fan! :p But the one I like is out of stock...hb said get later when bb is older.

Karen and Yvonne: i think its quite common for babies to have fever when teething. but most docs won't say so. reason being that ANY fever should still be monitored and bb must be brought to doc if there is mild fever for more than 2/3 days or high fever. they don't want parents to just consider that the fever is normal.

that said, our bb is sprouting two bottom teeth! she didn't have any fever though. suuuuper cute man.

Karen, our bb has started crawling. she likes to crawl straight for the DVD player and other "forbidden" objects. she ignores her own toys already.

charliebrown, karen and peanut

ya I also read somewhere tat teething doesnt cause fever... tat y i was asking is it the cause

i asked my friend for advice he say tat it might because the gum itchy at the moment.. keep on bite teether or hands.. and cause fever. cos we cant alway keep his hand 100% germ free.. ???

ya my bb had been screaming sometime but he doesnt cry in the middle of the night..

Hi peanut

for Goon diaper.. u can request for free sample.. delivery very fast to ur letterbox...

u might wan to try it out before buying...

http://www.diapers.com.sg/

Peanut: That is cheap lei. SO far, I only try the pull up pants. Thinking of buying the diapers to try. But not sure which size should I go for.

Teething: I am not sure if Kayden is teething or not. He doesn't have a fever but sometime he wake up with his head feeling very hot. He does chew alot of things and drools alot. Wonder if he will be teething soon.

Yvonne: Maybe bring your bb to see doc, for a peace of mind. Doc can also prescribe the correct amt of medicine for your bb to take.

Happybellies oatmeal:

On Sat, I went to the shop selling organic food at Harbourfront. I wanted to check on the ingredient content between Happybellies oatmeal and the multi-grain. The lady told me that Singapore cannot sell the oatmeal one as AVA has taken all off the shelves, as it has a rancid taste. I was shocked, as I wanted to buy from the spree. I have not heard of such news leh, Is this true??

Charlie brown

i brought bb to see PD.. when fever was 38.5..

at PD measure at 39..

I feed him medicine timely still these 2 days fever go up and down... which PD say its normal.

My girls is alittle slow. Her brother was already crawling like siao at 6.5months. For her, now at 7 months, her legs kicking in the air and not moving yet.......

Diapers: Peanut, GOON $15.5 for how many pcs? anyone compared which is the cheapest in town? not so good nvm. i'm currently using drypers for 'in transit" time. eg, bb wakes up at 7.30 and bathes at 10, or if she poos at 6pm, we'll use drypers before changing to pjs at 7.30pm. all other time mamy poko.

Solids: I haven't started her yet as she's having cough. since 28 jan! wonder when she's gg to stop. she's oso missing ber vaccination coz of it.

Yvonne: Hope your bb gets well soon!

Karen: my bb is still coughing, since after CNY. Bbs take very long to recover from cough? He has completed his medication already..

yvonne: hope your bb gets better soon! stressful when children are sick.

i've already gotten the free goon sample haha. i think it's not bad so i wanna buy more. only thing is i requested for L size sample and i thought it was too big so i wanna try M. but gmarket must buy 3 packs before free delivery, and i only wanna try one pack of M

the link is here if anyone wants to buy:

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400815691

karen: legs kicking in the air- i think gonna crawl soon! does she get up on all fours and try to move? i think generally boys' motor skills are better than girls, that's why your boy started crawling first. but girls' language skills better.

ann/geri

do you still want to get the mozart cube?

re:crawling

my son is crawling, faster than his sister by 2mths. he is trying to get on all fours and is trying to sit up too.

he is not teething. my elder daughter didnt; start teething until 10mths and is v normal. i think her bro with follow suite...

vernie

u can ask karen from agape babies about this. she should know cos before import, she needs a permit to do so if not she can't bring it in.

charliebrown: I oso fed baby the oatmeal cereal. No problems so far leh. My tin of oatmeal definitely smells like oats and not something rancid.

According to a review in Amazon, i got this information:

I am a new mom, and have heard amazing things about HappyBaby's Oatmeal. So, when I got on Amazon to purchase some I was surprised/concerned to see some of the negative reviews about off-coloring and bad smells. I wrote to the company to inquire about the issues people were mentioning, and I got a very good response, almost immediately, from the company. The Director of QA said that the problem was limited to one batch of oatmeal only and is no longer a problem. I thought other parents shopping on Amazon might find his response helpful:

"...this is not a food safety issue, so there's no need to worry. It is, however, an "off product" quality issue, and is caused by oxidation of the oils in the grain (oxidative rancidity), usually by the nitrogen flush we put into the can leaking out due to abuse, improper seaming, etc. The reaction (with oxygen) is a lot like leaving a peeled banana on the table too long...yucky, but not dangerous, so your child is not in any danger. The black flecks are oxidized pieces of the cereal bran, which are usually colourless.

Our June production lot was particularly susceptible to this, so we did two things. First, we strengthened the antioxidant portion of the formula (mixed tocopherols), and the problem literally went away. Secondly, we reached out to our warehouses and store shelves, and replaced as much of the June production lot as we could. However, given the size and complexity of the supply chain, it's nearly impossible to get a 100% catch here, so invariably, some cases stayed around. "

This response really impressed me and made me feel much more confident about purchasing HappyBaby products in the future. They acted quickly, and responded thoroughly and honestly to the issue. They truly seem committed to their mission of supplying customers with the highest quality ingredients...and customer service! I will for sure be buying more HappyBaby products in the future.

Happy Bellies Product:

i have 2 tins of Happy Bellies brown rice, 1 tin of multigrain n oatmeal each for sale.

Overstock previously but my gal doesnt like n seems like allergy with it.

Pls kindly pm me if keen.

Vernie, Jaclyn, JP: I just called AVA to ask about it..the lady said to get back to me. Yup, very scary when it concerns bb's food. Hope nothing is wrong!

Oh dear, my girl just finished one tin of HB oatmeal. Haha.. But so far no prob. Ytd let her try nestle white rice cereal. She seems to love it more.. Hope white rice not as heaty as brown rice to cause her to constipate again.

Any mummies started ur bb on puffs? Ytd I started giving my gal Gerber puffs. every time the puff disappear in her mouth, i get a heart attack cos I scared she choke! But she likes it so I'm wondering is it really safe to give them now? She can't crawl yet.

Yvonne: PD says don't have to worry about high fever if u know the cause of it. eg. cough n flu. for some serious sickness, 38 deg is considered v high. wat i usually do is to alternate 3 hrly paracetamol with brufen if fever hits abv 38.5. even when bb sleeping @ night, wake them up for med. so, don't worry. yr bb will be well soon!

charliebrown: i just came back from PD. bb's cough developed into broncolitis and she had a dose of nabulizer @ PD and given anti biotics. i fell so heartache giving so much medicine to a tiny bb. she developed her 1st cough @ 3 weeks old. i remember feeding her until i cry... she had pbms drinkg mil coz breathless.....

peanut: her legs kick for more than 1 month liao! i'll just let her learn at her own pace!

jellypurin: wat's the age gap of your 2 kids? anyone with gap of 15mths? or OTW?

Jaclyn: u noe of any other cereal that has no sugar added? Actually i tried nestle's, it is less sweet than HB. I added carrots in it too. Nestle's one turned watery very fast .. Me looking at organic ones but they dun have white rice.

Re: The Little Gym trial

Mummies who went for it last week, anyone of you sign up? I think I'll go for the trial on 26 Mar instead.

So ironic, organised the 19th Feb trial but end up the last to attend a trial class, haha.}

Re: Heinz teething rusk

Any mummies given your BBs the Heinz teething rusk?

I bought a box and gave my boy some, but he kept dropping them on the floor. It's so hard and can't dissolve in mouth, dunno if he even enjoys it. Cuz sometimes the more he chews on it, the more pek chek he becomes, haaha.

yvonne: thanks, i think there's $8 delivery charge for orders below $80. so strange, the gmarket price is also from diapers.com.sg, but free delivery above S$40 for gmarket.

sweetkiss: i think Healthy Times has no sugar. i'm giving the barley cereal to my girl. it's quite tasteless haha. but i always mix with fruit/vege puree

http://www.healthytimes.sg/cereal.php

oh sorry, Healthy Times has no white rice.

junie: my bb loves the Heinz teething rusk. but i think she's the quite persistent kind. she will suck and suck and suck until soft, then slowly "chew" the bits in her mouth. then we will reverse the rusk in her hand, and she will start from the beginning haha!

Sweetkiss: I use Bellamy's rice cereal last time. Can try.

Jellypurin: Hubby say too ex le.. ask me dun buy. So not buying liao. Searching to see got 2nd hand one that sell much cheaper or not. Thanks.

Goon diapers: Wah.. the big price difference between Supreme and just silky touch diapers is only the wetness indicator. I don't even think the wetness indicator work in the first place lo. Kayden's pull up pants so full liao, the wetness indicator also did not fade away like it was suppose to be. Maybe I order the cheaper ones.

goon: i just realised the silky touch is a 34pc pack but the supreme is 44pc (for M size). per pc i think supreme is still cheaper!

Thanks mummies.. I'll go try Bellamy's then..

Junie: my girl eating Heinz rusk. It is hard but inside is like bread. She will nibble a bit then sometimes choke on the tiny pieces. I think Bellamy's rusks are harder. I also gave her the Heinz biscotti which is much cheaper but eating them makes ur baby very messy! Baby bites I also tried, she only plays with it white my friend's son can finish a pkt of 2 pc at a go. Haha

Ann: gmarket is 15.50 for 44pcs supreme, diapers.com.sg is 13.80 for 34pcs silky touch. isn't supreme 5cents cheaper? unless my maths really so sallah...

Back