(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

My mens was delayed 2 weeks plus due to stress, luckily it came otherwise I will faint.. 2 kids are more than enough for me soo stress haha

Junie: Thanks! Hope our bbs get well soon! Seems like many bbs are sick cos I just went Pd and she has many bbs to attend to. I agree with Jelly, should delay the Hep B jab.

Ann: Surcharge! Wow. All Drs earn good money! Your hubby could be waiting for good news [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia: Thanks for the table. I think I can go on 26 Feb. No mummies going ah? What solid did your bb eat?

Hershey: yeah loh, bb sticky and sweaty, makes me perspire more even. then when he cries loudly, I perspire more! How do you entertain your bb? I find that I am really running out of ideas already as he naps lesser. I am limiting his tv watching time, so one option is out...

Charliebrown,

I now assemble those sitting up toys for BB J to play already..

Now he prefer to sit up and play, if not will crawl and grab whatever he can..

tink now they need more crawling and sitting down..

FB, dun noe if I got miss out anybody here

add me @ [email protected] and indicate your nick?

I saw the pics and oh... i miss the gathering AGAIN.. bb J had this peumo jab

better to stay at home the whole day...

Last meet up was @ jac's condo and that time bb was like 2mths?? + old?

Now they are turning 7mths or older le. ^_^

charliebrown : haha~ ya.. when bb cry more we will sweat more... >_<|||

I have not much method though..

♣ Sometimes i just let him cry cry awhile, coz i can differentiat his fake cry & his real cry..

♣ most of the time, i will place him in the walker.. let him roam around the hse. let him takes & drag things along with his walker.. Let him wear out half of his energy..

♣ than, place him on the mat or in his cot.. let him crawl-roll-sit-stand-jump.. whatever he can do in his cot and on the mat with me.. let him play until very tired..

♣ then, lastly is watch educational programme.. lol~~

all the above can last like 2,3hrs... than let him have his power nap of 1 to 2 hrs... than up for his milk... and it start all over again lorz... and 1 more thing, usually if is not raining in the evening.. i will bring him down for a walk and also to fetch my gal from cc... C:

bb playtime: i'm also running out of ideas! we don't let bb watch tv at all, so it's just those sitting-up toys, bu-dao-weng type toy, read storybook, place toys farfar away so she can "crawl" towards them etc... i tend to bring bb out to gaigai even though we're not really doing anything! haha. just walk ard go watsons also happy.

anyone know where i can buy those ruffle-bottom diaper covers online? i thought i saw a BP but now can't find it already... i saw selling at RP for 30bucks so ex [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Claudia: I didn't bring bb to see PD when poo with blood. I know what food causes it so I quickly stop that food and gave bb drink lots of water. Then ok liao.

Ya lo.. got surcharge.. actually first time hear of such thing lei. You are right abt hubby wanting to hear gd news. Now he will say things like "Kayden, u will have sibling" or "Nevermind, cannot wear then keep for the next bb. Very soon one.". My new car decal just came and I showed it to him. He read out " Dad, Mum, Sylvia (dog), Kayden, Viki (dog)". And then he point at my stomach and say "Baby". I nearly fainted.

Cheese: I have a few sit up toys for bb already, but maybe cos he cannot sit properly yet, he seems not interested. End up I play for him to see. LOL.

Hershey: Bbs on walker, so you have to follow him all over? These few days I am so tempted to get a walker for bb, went to check out those that can be put to stationary mode one. I always think walkers are dangerous...

peanut: I also don't like bb to watch too much tv, but then, whenever my mum or hubby takes care of bb, they like to put him infront and watch tv tog. :S I nag till sian liao..haha.

cheese : thanks.. got it.. C:

charliebrown : hahah~~ no.. i don follow him around, just close the door of the room... i just let him roam around.. and when he went silent.. i just attract him with some sound & music.. and he will come running out of no where to search of music and sound lorz... hahahahah~~

he just run in and out of my room.. hahahah~

charliebrown

the 26th class @ forum? cuz the marina square one is only if there are 5 or more mummies then they open up the slot for us.. right now only u leh..

Bb not been eating anything new leh.. only pear puree and cereal...

Entertaining baby

haha... i can so connect with being so bored and not knowing what to do to entertain bb... All that you guys write, ditto for me... nothing else... Except my boy, put toys toys far away (or even near), he will try to reach, cannot reach then will put head down and suck fingers.. haha damn lazy! But my life saver is the exersaucer.. he loves it for most of the time that keeps him entertained (and me can stone for awhile)

Porridge

Anyone gave fish porridge to bb yet? How do you cook? Porrdige put in slow cooker the whole day to make it watery watery? Fish cook when about to feed so not siap siap?

charliebrown: ya my mil also like to put bb in front of the tv and proudly tell us "we watched tv together today". pfffft. but after hubby nagged at her she stopped liao.

i rented one of those "walkers" that allow bb to just walk ard in a circle. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bright-Starts-Tropical-Around-Go/5412495

a bit boring la but at least i'm sure she can't randomly grab hold of things and put in her mouth. even with the fixed walker she can really strrrretch to grab hold of the fan leg! then she will get all excited that she finally touched the forbidden fruit hahaa.

I let bb J play walker for a while only cos my space very limited and seems like he can pump to anything / things that is around him!

Now more to let him crawl and sit up straight since this is the only activity that

can attract him, he saw the table cloth and now he seems to be very interested in pulling it... so dangerous!!!

Annie- Omg! im so excited for you! hee... so happy that ur hubby wanted another one!

my hubby says one is enough as of now... he BTH liao..

at work he can take care of so many staff but at home.. he cant control his son. . haha

Fish Porridge: I will cook the porridge first. When the porridge is about to be done, I will add in the fish. When porrisge done, I will take the fish out and set aside. When bb wanna eat, I will mash the fish and mixed together with the porridge.

Jonas: Aiyo.. I don't think I am preggy lei. Just dun have the preggy feeling lo. Ya.. hubby want another one so that we can close shop soon. My hubby also cannot control his son. Haha!!

Ann:$ 10 is quite a lot . Hee not that u Man fan la I think is your friendliness lo hee u hoping to hear good news ?? U got other symptoms?

Hi mummies. Today my 1st day of work at my new place. Hee.. So far so gd.

Any mummy feeding happy bellies? I think my girl also got bad constipation from it. She had a hard time pooing, squeeze till face and eye red still nth so I carried her to poo (we were outside) and she cried. Of cos got blood too.. And she refused to lie on the changing tables anywhere so she cried really badly. Haiz.. Wad other cereal is better? Is frisocream gd?

Geri: No symptoms lei.. except these few days, I can feel my tummy cramping abit, nauseous. But this week is my menses due week so it is reasonable to experience all these symptoms.

Sweetkiss: My boy is on happy bellies brown rice cereal but he is ok with it. But I only feed him during weekend. Weekday, I fed him Bellamy rice cereal. Now he is totally on porridge and not on cereal anymore.

claudia

just recently, i was cracking my brain on how to feed my son fish porridge because he still cannot swallow semi-solids well. ended up, my mom told me that maybe we can give him rice cereal mixed with fishbone stock which some claims that it is v nutritious. a friend asked me to buy baby bites and mix with the fish stock. it was a winning formula. my son loves it.

for porridge, my mom cooks only fresh porridge for my #1. she does not do the slow cooker method as the porridge will purged water after over cooking. but if u r going to use slow cooker, u just put fish and maybe 1 vege, i.e. carrot or pumpkin and cook it until it is mushy and soft.

one of my friend even strained the porridge in a seive to made it like cereal texture which is far too much work.

but bottomline, u shd test if ur bb can eat lumpy foods unless u can cook ur porridge to the cantonese porridge consistency otherwise, it maybe too early but if your bb can take then give [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Easy way to make smooth FRESH porridge at this stage, is just to use the Braun handheld blender. It cost pittance and does the work beautifully.

The handheld is also used to puree all types fruits also [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

typically fish is for 9mths and above due to protein. like eggs, high allergen foods

I recommend tiger porridge jar as i boil the rice grains for 10mins and soak into the jar for an hour or so.

it become congee! just like those cantonese one and its very good! but have to estimate the water if not it will be too starchy/watery

No need to buy slow cooker if you intented to buy one.

My sis taught me this ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Mine is a smaller version one and still be able to cook for 2 meals if your bb is eating a bowl full.

My boy doesnt like fish.. have to add in spinach for him before he can finish.

cheese

ya, my mom does not allow me to blend porridge as well for the same idea

do u mean the thermal cooker pot? u cook already then u put in the thermal container and let it cook?

cheese, i dun believe in those wind or not.. the blender is handheld , simple blade like.

great gadget and minimal cleaning. just wash. i puree everything for her lunch. sweet potato, carrot, peach (she loves this), apple,etc. for dinner, she will have the traditional chinese porridge

Jellypurin,But that is the porridge jar (mine is 0.5ml) is to keep food warm, but I didnt noe that it serve like a thermal Jar, can bring out, not those 3L which is not portable.

For bfast / lunch, I am doing the western type of puree fresh food, whatever I can get my hands on.

For dinner, we can go east and have our traditional porridge.

Best of both worlds [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya.my mum juz say dun keep e porridge in open so long,nv mention abt blend.juz like those economic rice ,if they put 2 long they oso wont sell u..

Coz chinese porridge, typically we cook for long time so nutrients is lost somewhat through this prolonged cooking (but having said that, look how big we all grow up to be rite? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyway, its fun to do the western since the fruit is packed with good vitamins that we puree fresh for them to eat. Like I can do avocado with apple, peach with rice cereal, any combination is easy and flavorful. Plus for sure it's healthy and nutritious

A good website: www.wholesomebabyfood.com to check out.

Hi Mummies,

Haven't been here for so long.

Glad to see all of you enjoying yourselves with the gatherings and all......

Hope to join you guys one day when I'm not so busy.

Just to find out how many of your babies are teething already. Mine is already past 7 months old but still hasn't - so getting worried. But I could feel hardness on on lower gums though.

Jonas: It is something like peaches too. No need to pass me cube to store for Kayden la. I have lots of Snappies to store my puree food. Moreover, Kayden no more puree fruit or vege liao so got to make more. Hehe!!

Springleaf: My baby coming 8mths soon and he is still not teething. But he drools alot and love to chew on everything he can get his hands on. Shouldn't worry so much ba. In Hokkein, we believe, 7mth - baby can sit, 8mth - baby can crawl, 9mth - baby will grow teeth. They say growing teeth at 9mth is better cause stronger teeth. Dunno how true it is.

Ann,

Thx for the info on playmat. Congrats if you're expecting.. buy a pregnancy test stick from Watson or Guardian before going down to see gynae.

Springleaf, Ann: Same here...my bb coming 8 mths next Fri, still no teeth. But he likes to chew on everything making me think he is teething, but nothing!

Sweetkiss: My bb is taking Happy Bellies brown rice & oatmeal cereal. No problem with constipation too.

Hi Ladies,

Have been follow the thread but am a silent reader. Saw that you ladies had been enjoying yourself bringing the kids out for activites. Would like to join in girls one day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia Owyong ,

The little gym that you posted is it a trial class thingy? Can hubby tag along too? I would love my boy to hang out in one of those class too. If its a trial class and hubby can join in can put me on 05march slot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Springleaf, Ann, Vernie,

My boy is currently in his 7 mth just had his first tooth out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] According to the old folks they say that its better not to have teeth too early lei the later the better at least the milk teeth can last longer wont drop too early i think [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My bb is also taking happy bellies brown rice and oatmeal cereal. I take turns.. 2 days brown rice, 1 day oatmeal. So far his poo poo is oK. I also mix the cereal with veges like pumpkin, avocado, or broccoli depends on what I can find.

Ermm how many meals a day you all feeding your bb man?~!

I only give bb G a full meal for lunch. Milk first, then a bowl of cereal .. about 2-3 tablespoon full mix with the leftover milk that he cannot finish. Then I add in a cube of puree. He can normally finish. At night I only give him 1 cube of fruit puree. so far he has tried peach which he likes. Sometimes give him sweet potato or pumpkin which he also likes.

Pillow: I've not cooked porridge yet. Maybe im too ang moh style liao I also dont really believe in all the wind wind thing.. (maybe thats why I always get into trouble with my MIL). But when it comes to the baby... she has to listen to me. PD told me that porridge .. being white rice have 0 nuitrition. So I am going to start only when he is 8 mths old. Based on all the webbies I read.. its not so good to start them on seafood so early. This is why I'm holding back on cooking porridge as mainly it will be cooked with fish.

Anyways! It is fun to puree stuff. Now when I go supermarket, I like to look at the fresh produce to see whats good for baby G!

So far he has tried:

Parsnip - he likes

Sweet potato - he likes

Pumpkin - he super love

Squash - he likes

Avocado - he hates

Pear - he hates!!! the face he give very farni..

Broccoli - i think hes netural to it .. don really fancy, but still eat!

I have these in my fridge to let him try soon:

Sweet Peas

Spinach

Mommies do share with us what your baby likes so that I can test test hahaa!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw this is him when eating Pear. I tried blending real pears.. and giving him pear puree from happy bellies fruit satchets... result is the same!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5115106.jpg]

Sweetkiss

Friso cream cereal is fine for my bb...

i find it not bad.. I also let him try healthy times cereal...

Springleaf

my bb is teething . 2 on his lower jaw..

i think every bb progress is diff ba.. dont worry...

Jaclyn

so cute his expression!!

Guess he doesnt really like pear ...

how abt papaya i let my baby try abit.. (testing) he love it ...

apple?? banana??

haiz.. last fri my BIL came to my PIL hse.. then he was commenting that my bb diaper is too small for him.. arhh.. i told him i am now using huggies L size 8-13kg..bb is only 9kg now.. then he replied cant based on kg.. i dont understand why he say tat.. or he is just trying to show off he hv gd knowledge on how to take care bb...

then my MIL asked me if I want to let bb wear pull up pant!! I said no.. and replied her until bb can walk and when i need to toliet train him.. she is fine..

then my FIL turn.. can walk still wear pull up pant?? no need .. in kampong nv wear pant OMG...i almost want to faint ..

then i just repied him.. go out, oversea and sleep also need to wear what..

wishesb: You are welcome. No need to congrats me la.. I dun think I am preggy. Maybe just hormone went haywire. I did buy a test kit to test end of Jan but then negative.

Puree food/fruit: Kayden had tried the following. He likes everything but avocado. Haha!!

Apple

Peach

Pear

Pea

Papaya

Pumpkin

Carrot

Parsnip

Avocado (Hates it)

Potato

JP & charliebrown>> I hv rescheduled my boy's hep b jab already cuz PD on compassionate leave anyway. My boy is recovering too. I still wonder how he got the flu virus from.

Wah, so many of yr BBs can sit unsupported and crawl Liao, mine still can't. Think my boy's development may be those "on the dot" kind. E.g 7mths sit, 8 mths crawl, etc.

Ooooh I dont know why I've not tried him on papaya! Forgot about that.. shall try!

yaaaaaa Ann, my son oso absolutely hates Avocado. Now he know how to keep his lips shut. The only way I can "trick" him is give him a spoon of water first, then he will automatically open his mouth for the nx spoon (which, wicked mommy.. is avocado instead). I think sooner or later he will know this trick and won't even open his mouth liao!

Geri: It doesn't taste too sour for me.. but I think he feels it is sour!

Forgot to add peach to my list that I've let him tried. He likes peach!

Hmm must start a food log for him

yeah its fun making fruit/vege puree for the little one...

Keila has tried the following

avocado - she loves

sweet potato - she likes

pumpkin - she likes

spinach - loves it ( i use ang mo baby spinach)

pear - she likes

carrot - she likes

papaya - she does not likes

apple - she likes

gerber's prune - she likes

Going to try broccoli and gerber peach soon.

I also like to use rice cereal (just finish bellamy now using happy bellies multigrain) cuz can mix with the puree cubes easily. sometimes i mix carrot with pear, on other day i will mix papaya with carrot...

A bit lazy to cook porridge at this moment.

Though I already start to stock up the threadfin fish!

Though I still find she feeds too little on cereal. her typical day

0630 ebm 200ml

1030 ebm 180ml

1400 2-3 tbsp cereal with 1 oz puree

1430 ebm 150ml

1800 2-3 tbsp cereal

1900 ebm 100ml

2230 ebm 120ml

Bb E loves all the above fruits & porridge except her milk, so every feed my maid have to add milk to cereal,fruit puree or porridge.

Bb E only will drink milk during dreamfeed, & until now she's drinking very little 120ml

My baby oso not a milk drinker. Never exceeds 150ml in one sitting and hardly hits 150 even.

So I also mix milk into his cereal.

Eliss: wah baby K not fussy at all! Avocado oso like! So goood!! I bought gerber prune and gerber banana! Will try him on it soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For vege puree, how do you mommies make it? Boil then blend?

So far Skyler has tried:

Avocado

Banana

Papaya

Sweet Potato

Carrot

Apples

Pumpkin

So far he likes all. Think I gg to try peach, pear and broccoli soon. Btw, for pears, what kind of pears you mommies using? Those green skin ones or those yellow skin ones?

Rgd porridge,

Hahah i am procastinating on starting that.. I am a lazy mom.

Bb E is super sensitive to banana, just gave her a small spoon to try last week and she immediate developed rashes on mouth, face, neck and 1 pimple pop out on her nose on next day.

Any bb allergy to banana too?

Back